PDA

View Full Version : /rant First really immature group yet.

Furiden
Mar 9, 2007, 10:37 PM
So it finally happened, ran it to my first bunch of immature assholes in PSU, at level 36.

Guess I was pretty lucky not running in to any so far, but these guys just really got me a little stirred up.

so /rant start

I'm in a HIVE group, everything's goin fine, and we're all talking about past MMO's we've played. Couple guys talked about EQ, and FFXI, and I jump in the conversation with them.

I guess these guys have something against WoW, or something, but I said I played it and was instantly flamed, lol. How WoW is nothing but a MMO for noobs, and EQ > WoW, etc, etc.

So I go to defend WoW, because they were insulting me along with the game, and the part leader Damun, gets all hostile with me.

It excalted from there, and the guy boots me from the party in the last room, shortly after cursing at me...

---

Come on now, but how childish is that. Running in to stupid people like that can really ruin the game sometimes. >.<

/rant off

Edit: Edited the party leader's name. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Furiden on 2007-03-09 19:40 ]</font>

Kirip-san
Mar 9, 2007, 10:38 PM
Eh, they should understand people are entitled to their own opinions~nyo.

I hate arguing with single-minded people~nyo.

jayster
Mar 9, 2007, 10:39 PM
yeah that blows. there arent many people like that but when u run into them just blacklist them or something. Find some cool people and play with them alot.

Syl
Mar 9, 2007, 10:44 PM
I've met some of the worst ppl, like this one guy who joins my party. I usually party with my LE squad which consists of some very nice generous ppl. But this guy comes in, we all greet him and all he has to say is FUKKU to us... and he was serious. Some one joins, he does it again.

So like he goes AFK, saying brb and stuff. That's ok, but he's gone for three runs. So I gave him until block 3 of the third run and I just booted his ass. I got DCed before this but my buddy said something about him being an asshole and stuff. So yeah, the run shortly ends after I booted him, and I go outside to see him walking around >.>

So yeah you gotta take the good ppl with the bad ones

Lonzell
Mar 9, 2007, 10:46 PM
Yea that guy was a bastard.

And WoW kinda is a MMO for n00bs.. but that isn't a bad thing, so don't take it that way.

jayster
Mar 9, 2007, 10:48 PM
On 2007-03-09 19:46, Lonzell wrote:
Yea that guy was a bastard.

And WoW kinda is a MMO for n00bs.. but that isn't a bad thing, so don't take it that way.

im pretty sure 99% of people play video games for fun, not because it's an easy game they can be good at and brag to other people about. So playing a game for 'noobs' doesn't make that much sense...

Lonzell
Mar 9, 2007, 10:50 PM
Then you obviously aren't familiar with the MMO Communities out there jayster, and their elitism. It starts off as 'just for fun', but it isn't that way at Endgame, even in WoW really. WoW is different as it's structured for the casual player, and from a gamers perspective, casual players, or people who don't even like games much but can jump into that one because of the easy leveling system = n00bs.

DavidNel
Mar 9, 2007, 10:54 PM
Joo n00b! Hows teh hek you be playin WoW?! Tat 4 teh looosrs man. WTF!

Is this what the convorsation was like? If so, I'm sorry, haha. At least there is a bright side, whenever you get into a dumb argument, at least you can say it wasn't that bad. I guess instead of trying to defend a game, just play the one you're on. Remember, you're not makeing any money for defending Blizzard.

Edit...
... befending isn't a word, canged it to Defending

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DavidNel on 2007-03-09 19:55 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 9, 2007, 10:56 PM
WoW isn't really that great. In fact, I dislike it.
Tons.

DavidNel
Mar 9, 2007, 10:58 PM
And that's why you play PSU. I know a lot of people who play WoW who don't really like PSU. Whatever floats your boat. I don't really like WoW, but I never played it so I can't really be a judge... Keep the compitition for sports, not for video games.

Lonzell
Mar 9, 2007, 11:03 PM
On 2007-03-09 19:58, DavidNel wrote:
And that's why you play PSU. I know a lot of people who play WoW who don't really like PSU. Whatever floats your boat. I don't really like WoW, but I never played it so I can't really be a judge... Keep the compitition for sports, not for video games.

Then what about NFL videogames? Or racing videogames? Or first person shooters? Or WoW having PvP which means Player Vs. Player.

DavidNel
Mar 9, 2007, 11:07 PM
Haha, true. But I don't try to beat up the virtual reffs like I do in real life! Plus, PSU doesn't have PvP.... yet...

By-the-by, don't fight with reffs, the will win. Saying a reff is wrong is like saying Chuck Norris isn't the most overly used reference in bad jokes...

DurakkenX
Mar 9, 2007, 11:08 PM
the most annoying person i've come across was actually someone from this site. He kept demanding that the leader gave the leader to someone else. Keep in mind i said demanding...and this was an open game and this is the only thing he said when he came into the game and kept saying it for 5-10 mins. This is not only disrespectful it blocks the screen significantly for PS2 players. So i told him to shut up....and he responded why? which i responded that he didn't understand star luck (which obviously he doesn't if he thinks passing leadership in the middle of the run will have any benefit like he thought) and that it was damaging to me cuz the text fills up my screen.

And so then after that he shut up...and ran ahead of everyone somewhere and got himself killed and then left... which makes it even worse cuz the description of the run said bring dolls v.v

his name is...a naruto characters first name with an extra syllable and the last name of a KOF character... on the forum it's well, no if you care who it is his in game char name is in his sig and he's fairly active, but no reason to ruin his reputation.

Ive only met a few people that are about as annoying as that luckily so it's not so bad.

as far as the WoW topic... well WoW sucks for many reasons and I'd rather play a free game that has a far better story, better graphics, and better mods on the same old click game play. Of course there are flaws in many games so thats no reason to hate one in particular.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-03-09 20:10 ]</font>

Miyoko
Mar 9, 2007, 11:08 PM
WoW is one of the most mindnumbingly boring, just plain god-aweful game I've ever played. I did most of the pre-expansion content, 'cause my friends constantly told me "it would get better". It never did. Haaated it. Probably as much as the guys the OP was playing with did.

... That being said, I know well enough that there are different strokes for different folks. Not a big deal, really. I'm not going to hate on someone just 'cause they like WoW.

But really, does it matter if you were kicked from such a team? Would you want to play with them anyways? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DavidNel
Mar 9, 2007, 11:10 PM
DurakkenX, was someone named Cast.exe in your party at that time? I know that might be hard to remember, but I think I was there at that time...

DurakkenX
Mar 9, 2007, 11:12 PM
i think i remember that name, not positive though but pretty sure you were...i know i've played with you before.

McLaughlin
Mar 9, 2007, 11:13 PM
A topic named "Rant" hasn't been moved to R: DHS yet?

In before move?

UnderscoreX
Mar 9, 2007, 11:17 PM
LOL I'm always partying with Damun and yeh, he kinda has a short temper.

Mattardo
Mar 9, 2007, 11:19 PM
If you're leader and someone is annoying you: kick 'em. And if you're playing PSU, remember that most people are playing it because they either can't or won't play other RPGs for whatever reason they have. Therefore, they will most likely flame, poke fun, insult any other game mentioned. I'm not saying it's right, but... it happens. You know what they say: don't talk politics at dinner. If only those stupid Democrats could learn that! Ha!

VanHalen
Mar 10, 2007, 01:53 AM
One thing I found out on PSU don't ever say or mention the letters WoW. That's instant attack. The first day I joined one guy said "Did anyone hear play WoW?". Everybody started to flame him. I never played WoW offically I played the PvP so I can't say if it is good or bad.

DurakkenX
Mar 10, 2007, 02:48 AM
I find "that" funny >.>