PDA

View Full Version : What is the reward for S rank victory; Lab Recovery S2?

pokefiend
Mar 10, 2007, 03:22 AM
MP and Meseta? Also Do ppl get the S rank frequently?

Zarbolord
Mar 10, 2007, 03:25 AM
Lab recovery is generally seen as a pain mission. Already S is tough, S2 must be the worst pain in the world.

Syl
Mar 10, 2007, 03:26 AM
Actually it's not a bad jump from S to S2. Just make sure to avoid bee maps at all costs if you want to make the most of it.

For rewards, it's 159 MP, 2 PA Frags, and 18k meseta

Zarbolord
Mar 10, 2007, 03:31 AM
I meant with the bees XD If ur going for them, take at least 3 techers, including 2 fTs, that have diga

Midicronica
Mar 10, 2007, 03:33 AM
Yeah, that's the reward and honestly Lab Recovery has to be one of the easiest missions even on S2 and for it gives it is probably the best mission out right now period. To back up my saying of it being easy, 3 cast played through it lvl 55 FG & GT and lvl 67ish fG.

Take the time out to get the layout with no bugs. The layout you're looking for is the one that only has Volfu and Badira. It's the easiest layout for that mission. You don't worry about those damn bugs.

Gunners just absolutely own Jarbas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Retehi
Mar 10, 2007, 03:34 AM
You wimps and your bee phobias, just get someone to bring Virus traps.

Zarbolord
Mar 10, 2007, 03:35 AM
I think Jarbas can be owned in every darn way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But seriously, u seen unsafe passage on S2? Its soo freaking easy compared to hive S, I got lost there, 10 lvls difference for requirement and stuff. Kinda illogical, specially cos between S and S2 there r 25 lvls difference for the req :s

Syl
Mar 10, 2007, 03:35 AM
Well when you think about it, it's better to go through a map that you can do in 20 minutes rather than double that time >.>

Retehi
Mar 10, 2007, 03:41 AM
On 2007-03-10 00:35, WatchThemFeed wrote:
Well when you think about it, it's better to go through a map that you can do in 20 minutes rather than double that time >.>

Bees drop like rocks in the hands of a skilled Fortegunner, or anyone that can use traps accordingly. Maybe you're just finding slow teams?

But whatever, I'm not a time limit freak, I just know bees are deader than dead when they're frozen/infected, etc.

Gen2000
Mar 10, 2007, 03:59 AM
The problem is not many people know how to fight bees in a party situtation. Bees are some of the easiest enemies in the game to solo fight since they don't turn around unless knocked down which makes them reposistion themselves at whoever pissed them off. So once you trick them into firing at empty space and get behind them they're done.

In most party situtations though you got melees spamming full PA Combos that knocks the bees down, FOs trying to spam Gi-tech in the middle of them or spamming Diga so hard against one set that it pushes them in a way that their line of fire is now on some other teammate (usually the Gunner/Transers), now they're poison/burning and freaks out by running around like a chicken with their head cut off...getting hit some more or making the FO panic into healing them and making them get out of their safe spot and into danger. It's just a one big...mess.

What could be a simple execution turns into a clusterfuck of poison/burning needles hitting you from every direction and unnecessary confusion.

Lab S2 may kick ass for reward but it seems getting the no bee maps is harder and 100x more annoying than I remember being for S when that was the hotspot some time ago. Earlier tonight I was in a party where we had to sorted through 30+ maps before getting the "good" one...bananas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-03-10 01:07 ]</font>

Carbinne
Mar 10, 2007, 03:59 AM
Something like 16,000 or 17,000 meseta and 160-170 ish MP for a S rank on SS runs. With a full party of 70s it took 15/20 minutes on a good run? It's not really so dangerous per se as long as you deal with Jarbas and stock scapes, though if your techer gets critical hit by a Volfu it will hurt. Bring lightning armor. The mission might go for longer if you're eating bee swarms everywhere, but overall Lab SS the mission to go to for meseta and money.

PA frags can be farms quite well on Linear Line SS, but mind the costs of scapes. That said, I run a few times in there with a bunch of frontline fighters and the Deljabans were more often than not too busy getting owned to throw out tons of Megid. The rewards there are about 1/3 of Lab SS, and can be done in around 1/2 the time, I'd guess. Depends on what you want, frags or money/MP. FFF SS is kind in in the middle, but I don't recall the exact numbers.

jayster
Mar 10, 2007, 09:43 AM
yeah im only level 64 and i find the mission really easy, just bring a couple scape dolls incase megid gets ya. It's like standing outside of bruces dungeon, there's tons of ppl to party with. Or hitch a ride with a high level group in the train station and stay with them in the lab s2.

Koe
Mar 10, 2007, 09:54 AM
On 2007-03-10 00:59, Carbinne wrote:
Something like 16,000 or 17,000 meseta and 160-170 ish MP for a S rank on SS runs. With a full party of 70s it took 15/20 minutes on a good run? It's not really so dangerous per se as long as you deal with Jarbas and stock scapes, though if your techer gets critical hit by a Volfu it will hurt. Bring lightning armor. The mission might go for longer if you're eating bee swarms everywhere, but overall Lab SS the mission to go to for meseta and money.

PA frags can be farms quite well on Linear Line SS, but mind the costs of scapes. That said, I run a few times in there with a bunch of frontline fighters and the Deljabans were more often than not too busy getting owned to throw out tons of Megid. The rewards there are about 1/3 of Lab SS, and can be done in around 1/2 the time, I'd guess. Depends on what you want, frags or money/MP. FFF SS is kind in in the middle, but I don't recall the exact numbers.

FFF is like.. 5.9k Meseta, 79 MP...
I did it in 9 minutes with a 5 person party..
2 PA Frags, some 10* material dropped..Cladorian, or something.

Sexy_Raine
Mar 10, 2007, 10:20 AM
Lets put it this way, it's good enough to get me to FT10 yesterday.

Tiyr
Mar 10, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-03-10 00:34, Retehi wrote:
You wimps and your bee phobias, just get someone to bring Virus traps.

Here's the problem I have with ST's design on this: even with burn traps, even with freeze traps, Mizura still take longer--and are more frustrating--than the alternative, Volfu. And they're not really worth any more cash / xp.

Yes, you can do them, yes, you can do them efficiently, but they're always going to be annoying (I won't say hard, because they're pretty incapable of hurting anything) and they're always going to take substantially more time than their supposed equivalent.

So the real question is, why ever bother wasting time /traps / frustration on something that has no tangible reward and isn't in any way fun to begin with?

fgfdsas
Mar 10, 2007, 11:30 AM
It seems to take pretty long to get the map that doesn't have bee's and by the time you get the map without bee's you couldve already been close.

I tested yesterday after trying a map without bee's 20mins

With bee's 28mins.

Though before we tried to get the map without bee's it took use almost 5 mins so it isn't that much of a loss. Bee's are really easy to kill anyways if the hunters arent retarded.

pokefiend
Mar 10, 2007, 01:22 PM
OMG! I tried it out today and it was hella easy! So much meseta! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

jayster
Mar 10, 2007, 02:44 PM
On 2007-03-10 10:22, pokefiend wrote:
OMG! I tried it out today and it was hella easy! So much meseta! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

i played with you on that run http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif DAVE, Hero, Artmis.. You left halfway through one of the missions though and didnt talk at all. Nice playing with u tho. Always good to have a fortetecher with ya.

PMB960
Mar 10, 2007, 02:57 PM
Honestly it isn't that bad. My char is level 56 and I only died twice. One time I had a Volfu hit me and do a 1.2K crit which really sucked since I have 800 HP. Another time I was running across the room and got hit by Jarba Dambarta. There were a bunch of close calls. I must say a Me/quick helps since it allows you to cast fast then dodge. There were 5 of us and we had a bee map and it took about 25-30min I think. I tried to just debuff the bees for everyone then hit them with Nosdiga so it wasn't too bad.

pokefiend
Mar 10, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-03-10 11:44, jayster wrote:

On 2007-03-10 10:22, pokefiend wrote:

i played with you on that run http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif DAVE, Hero, Artmis.. You left halfway through one of the missions though and didnt talk at all. Nice playing with u tho. Always good to have a fortetecher with ya.

*Vigorously tries to remember that run*

You say I left halfway through a Lad Recovery S2? The only party I can think of is the one where I was removed from party b/c I was argueing w/ the host about the significants of one member dieing 3 times w/o a scape doll. >.>

Turambar
Mar 10, 2007, 04:20 PM
I never really understood the odd fear of bugs, especially when people seemed to at the least, deal with them, when De Ragnus came out. A party of 5, in a non-bug map, will take about 20-21 minutes. In a bug map, that number went up to 25. Not exactly that high of a jump, and not something to avoid like the plague especially when you take into consideration that the only know Jaggo spawn for Lab Recovery is a bee map.

As for rewards, 2 Frags, 159 MP, and about 18k meseta.