PDA

View Full Version : Guntecher vs Fortetecher -Male Newman Dillema :(

Raysa
Mar 10, 2007, 12:01 PM
I'm kinda losing my interest in the TECHNICs, because it takes insanely long to level them. I'm trying to go for all store bought TECH's at 15 by level 40 and by lvl 80 all store bought techs at 30, but I don't know I'm kinda thinking about guntecher. Seems cool. So what do you guys think a Male Newman should go for?
Your opinions on both PRO's and CON's?

DonRoyale
Mar 10, 2007, 12:07 PM
Well, here's how I see it. Due to the insanely low TP you'll have, and low level Resta, you'll have a difficult time soloing if you're a Newman using Resta 3-4 times to heal your HP.

If you ask me, be a fT for a little while longer. If you want to switch to GT, go ahead, but see how you can solo S missions. If you can't, stay fT until you're comfortable as a solo GT.

Rashiid
Mar 10, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-03-10 09:07, DonRoyale wrote:
Well, here's how I see it. Due to the insanely low TP you'll have, and low level Resta, you'll have a difficult time soloing if you're a Newman using Resta 3-4 times to heal your HP.

was that sarcasm?

oppz, i thought u ment newman males having low TP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-03-10 09:21 ]</font>

Weakness
Mar 10, 2007, 12:19 PM
Well it depends.

Do you want to use guns? Those guns mainly being Twin Handguns, Crossbows, and the like.

Or do you want to blow stuff up? Diga spam!

The thing is, you are going to need to buff on both jobs. Curing isn't so sought after by a GunTecher, but is is nice to toss one out every now and then.

Ultimately GunTecher (from the way I play), is mainly a support job. You freeze and shock things with your guns, buff and debuff, and toss out the occasional cure.

On ForteTecher you have access to some of the strongest blow-for-blow attacks and a higher ability to support. But the glory of ForteTecher is that you can be pure damage, or pure supoprt based on how you want to play.

They are two different jobs, that serve two different purposes. Just ask yourself, do you want to be pure support (ala GunTecher) or do you want to be damage/support (ala ForteTecher)?

Raysa
Mar 10, 2007, 12:25 PM
I've thought about it. I might go ForteTecher. Not for the techs, but the bow. I really like the bow : D. I hope being a BowTecher, doesn't give me disadvantages in parties. I don't like nuking that much :/

Rashiid
Mar 10, 2007, 12:27 PM
i still need to buy a bow for my force....havent used one in about.....30-40 lvls.....

Weakness
Mar 10, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-03-10 09:25, Raysa wrote:
I've thought about it. I might go ForteTecher. Not for the techs, but the bow. I really like the bow : D. I hope being a BowTecher, doesn't give me disadvantages in parties. I don't like nuking that much :/

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If you want to use a bow I would suggest going either GunTecher or Protranser. That way nobody will yell at you for being "a noob", and you still get level 30 bullets.

Plus you will have higher ATP/ATA on GunTecher and Protranser (well in later job levels for Protranser).

Raysa
Mar 10, 2007, 12:32 PM
Oh I was just saying that cause Fortetecher gets S rank bow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif!

Weakness
Mar 10, 2007, 12:36 PM
On 2007-03-10 09:32, Raysa wrote:
Oh I was just saying that cause Fortetecher gets S rank bow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Well there aren't any S rank bows available yet, not even JP side.

Soon as S rank bows are available you can go ForteTecher if you want, I was just suggesting the other jobs for a few reasons.

1) S ranks aren't that much better then 9*'s.

2) S rank bows don't even look very cool.

3) You will have much better stats for using bows on the other jobs.

4) Nobody will say something stupid along the lines of "LOL U R NUB fur USIN BOW iN FORCE!".

Raysa
Mar 10, 2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, you do have a point. So GunTecher it is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Thanks for you help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

iono
Mar 10, 2007, 01:02 PM
On 2007-03-10 09:01, Raysa wrote:
I'm kinda losing my interest in the TECHNICs, because it takes insanely long to level them.

I think I should warn you that most guns actually take longer to level up than techs. =/ Bows and Fans actually level up pretty fast but all the others can be pretty darn slow. All of the techs I've ever tried to level up (buffs to 21, foie, diga, Gi-techs) were really a lot faster for me.

Or if someone wants to disagree with me, whether techs take longer than bullets or not, my point is to warn Raysa that if he wants to switch to GT for faster skill leveling, he's probably going to be dissappointed.

TheLOLBandit
Mar 10, 2007, 01:08 PM
im a guntecher and i love it
but if you want really strong TECHS then it would be best to go for a fortetecher because guntechers can only level their spells up to level 10 then their spells stop leveling up

but you can use the cards and bows and level those up to level 30 because they are considered bullet type weapons

guntechers are rangers first and forces second so remember that when you are deciding your class

but i love being a guntecher

ThEoRy
Mar 11, 2007, 03:38 PM
why not alternate? you can always switch back and forth. I was considering moonlighting as a guntecher but my only problem is I have SO MANY TECHS. If there were a few essential bullets that i would absolutely need as a guntecher could some1 tell me what 5 bullets I could not live without?

Astarin
Mar 11, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-03-11 13:38, Octagon wrote:
why not alternate? you can always switch back and forth. I was considering moonlighting as a guntecher but my only problem is I have SO MANY TECHS. If there were a few essential bullets that i would absolutely need as a guntecher could some1 tell me what 5 bullets I could not live without?

I second that. Switch to GT for a while and see if you like it. A lot of PAs are common between both jobs anyway, so there's no real harm in giving it a try.

And Octagon, might I suggest the Guntecher thread? It's got a lot of detailed bullet information.

But if you wanted a few essential bullets? My Guntecher really uses only three main weapons right now: Bows, Twin Handguns, and Fans. Pick maybe a pair of elements for each, and give them a try. I strongly recommend Fire and Ice for the Bow, with the rest being dependant on where you like to play. I get a lot of use out of Dark (enjoy the infection SE) and Ground (lots of lightning enemies on Parum).

ThEoRy
Mar 11, 2007, 06:25 PM
cool thanx. tha sounds good because I already use the bow bullets and dark cards so there's no real loss there. all i would need is twin hand guns. also what about rifle or grenades?

Weakness
Mar 11, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-03-11 16:25, Octagon wrote:
cool thanx. tha sounds good because I already use the bow bullets and dark cards so there's no real loss there. all i would need is twin hand guns. also what about rifle or grenades?

GunTecher doesn't get access to grenade launchers do they? But anyway I would suggest Dark/Fire or Freeze. You only really need one bullet for Grenade Launchers seeing as it is a highly situational weapon.

For Twin Handguns, get Freeze and Shock. The status effects are the only thing you should worry about for those. For rifle I would suggest Dark/Fire and Freeze.

Astarin
Mar 11, 2007, 09:15 PM
No, Guntecher cannot use Grenade Launchers. That is the one Ranger weapon I'd really like to try out, but can't use with my Elaina.

On 2007-03-11 16:28, Weakness wrote:

For Twin Handguns, get Freeze and Shock. The status effects are the only thing you should worry about for those. For rifle I would suggest Dark/Fire and Freeze.

I might add Dark to the Twin Handguns, but that might just be my preference.

I will say don't even bother with Rifles. You can use Bows. There is no real reason to use Rifles, unless you just think Rifles are "cooler", in which case, give 'er. While Rifles are a touch faster, Bows are stronger, more accurate, have (correct me if I'm wrong?) higher elemental damage and the bullets level more than twice as fast. Plus, if you're already a Force, you've likely got a few Bow bullets started already, and the Bow bullets won't become obselete if you switch back to Fortetecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Astarin on 2007-03-11 19:16 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Mar 12, 2007, 07:31 AM
On 2007-03-11 19:15, Astarin wrote:
No, Guntecher cannot use Grenade Launchers. That is the one Ranger weapon I'd really like to try out, but can't use with my Elaina.

On 2007-03-11 16:28, Weakness wrote:

I might add Dark to the Twin Handguns, but that might just be my preference.

I will say don't even bother with Rifles. You can use Bows. There is no real reason to use Rifles, unless you just think Rifles are "cooler", in which case, give 'er. While Rifles are a touch faster, Bows are stronger, more accurate, have (correct me if I'm wrong?) higher elemental damage and the bullets level more than twice as fast. Plus, if you're already a Force, you've likely got a few Bow bullets started already, and the Bow bullets won't become obselete if you switch back to Fortetecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Astarin on 2007-03-11 19:16 ]</font>

Awesome info thanx a lot! That makes the transition so much easier. i won't be trying this for a bit, but now I have some direction.

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2007, 09:12 AM
I do actually find Dark beneficial for both the Twinnies and the Big weapon (Rifle or Bow). Basically, you may end up loving the effect of Dark Bullets and the Twins will help ensure your SE4 weapon lasts well through the mission. After you acquire that, you'll probably not waste your precious rifle shots on the masses that do get affected by Twin Gun Dark Bullets.

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 09:20 AM
Were I to make an alt, it would probably be a guntecher.

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2007, 09:32 AM
(OOC) Very cool. It's a pretty nice and technical class. You may find yourself flipping through your Weapon pallette like mad, while you fight. I average maybe 3 switches per small battle. More if it's a big one and various stuff occur. Seems like no two big battles are just alike, especially if any of the players and/or monsters do something different, the next time around.

You'll also wish for one of those drones from Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter just to get more situational awareness. The thing is, you'll get used to doing a lot of work that it's kind of hard to slow down when you have someone else covering part of the job you do. I still sometimes find myself getting ready to whip out whatever various technique wand the instant I see I can use it *right there*. After a while, it almost feel lazy to just switch around your guns for particular enemies.

However, you'll often find yourself as the only support person in the group, and it's back to busy central. Risk vs. Reward. Now I can't vouch for too many other jobs; but all I can say, a Guntecher's life is either fustrating for you, or good feeling work. If anything, I can never see it as boring. I'd rank it among some of the most dynamic Dungeon crawling experiences, I've encountered. And I'm a Dungeon Hacker fiend. I've nearly played them all, and you would think (by my game library) I'm making a Dungeon Crawler collection.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-12 07:36 ]</font>

Mio
Mar 12, 2007, 12:01 PM
I was a newman guntecher for a long time.. Then I realized I was just a ForteTecher shadow. That's when I made my ForteGunner Caseal.

Everything a Guntecher can do, the ForteTecher do it better. Sheesh, ForteTechers can also equip bows ( even better bows ) and level bullets to lvl 30. So since the damage is low on guntecher bullets anyway, you're trading to much with nothing in return.

Raysa
Mar 12, 2007, 12:06 PM
I'm happy not being a Fortetecher. I can't stand using a Rod. So I just decided I'll be a Gun/Tech Class and I'm happy with it. It's pretty fun for me.