PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting up force...

Zorafim
Mar 10, 2007, 01:45 PM
On my caseal. Yup.

Anyway, some starting pointers would be nice. Due to my like of water and light, I'd only want to use ice and light techniques when at all possible. However, all light techniques are all currently defensive, making it impossible to use them for offense. Since I don't want to be stuck with one element, I figure I'll use thunder techniques (thunder and water match well, right?). I got NosZonde to use on my thunder staff.

I have three attack staffs, one buff staff, one bow (ice element, since it has a more useful status effect than light and there are no ice flying enemies), and one wand (resta and reverser). Is this a good setup? I currently have all ice techs but barta on my ice staff (I use zalure to help the party out) and all thunder techs on my thunder staff (same deal here, no zonde spell, but it was replaced with the debuff tech).

I figure as a caseal, I should focus on boosting my tp stat as much as possible instead of worrying about making my attacks faster (no point in modifying my tp if my tp is low to begin with). So I should use tp boosting equipment. The best I can get is that B rank item that boosts my tp by 50 points.
I'm currently using Sori-Senba, but am working on an armor mag to get a megid armor (hopefully with high percents). Would the 9* neudiaz armor work best? Or should I use some other armor? What slots should I get?

Besides using every element, is there any advice I should hear?

fgfdsas
Mar 10, 2007, 01:51 PM
And then you start fighting omna with barta!

Zorafim
Mar 10, 2007, 02:04 PM
wut?

Randomness
Mar 10, 2007, 02:29 PM
I THINK hes pointing out that ice and lightning techs aren't big on damage output, like fire and earth are...

Raysa
Mar 10, 2007, 03:56 PM
I still level every single tech equally. Even if they aren't big on damage output. Elemental weakness + status effect + multple hit on enemies is pretty nice.

Jinu_San
Mar 10, 2007, 04:02 PM
I am a Force and I use Foie a lot more often Foie does major damage most of the time. depending on what wond you have tho

Ethan-Waber
Mar 10, 2007, 07:16 PM
a cast force is stupid.
But a cast force with the shittiest techniques is just utterly retarted.

Diga and Foie darling. Barta = shit, zonde = more shit.
Suggestion: Go back to ranger, you are just going to get made fun of.

Weakness
Mar 10, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-03-10 16:16, Ethan-Waber wrote:
a cast force is stupid.

Why can't a CAST be a Force? There a reason a CAST can only be a Ranger? Why can't s/he be a Hunter or a Force?

I'm a CAST GunTecher, going to give me crap?

Let people play whatever they want, and use whatever tech you think looks the coolest.

ThEoRy
Mar 10, 2007, 08:51 PM
You would be a lot more useful/effective as a force if you would use a wider variety of techs. most of the time my setup includes 4 elemental rods and 2 wands. Rod 1= foi, damfoi, rafoi, jellen. Rod 2 = Rabarta, dambarta, gibarta, zalure. Rod 3 = Razonde, noszonde or gizonde (depending on location) zodial , zodeel. Rod 4 = radiga, diga, nosdiga, damdiga. wand 1 = resta, retier. wand 2 = shifta and deband. Of course it is all relative to where u play. For example, if im doing a bruce run I would remove the earth rod and replace with another ice rod (Dambarta anyone?) I've experimented a lot with different setups and I've used mixed rods before, but the reason I like this setup is for a few reasons. Obviously the color coded pallete helps determine whats what. But also I'm a buff/debuff maniac. when the enemies pop up, I just go down the palette quickly debuffing everything in range. I guess I just like using the pallete frequently. It makes me feel more active I guess. Check out the videos I posted on youtube for an example. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RickTheory3k

Pengfishh
Mar 11, 2007, 03:03 AM
Cast Guntecher is the greetest! A rare class/race combination that doesn't suffer major disadvantages.

Miyoko
Mar 11, 2007, 06:56 AM
a cast force is stupid.

In before flame-war... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jey
Mar 11, 2007, 07:03 AM
Yay for racism.

Re: Armor - There are a few -senba that have a hidden TP boost, especially the techer-specific ones. Hoza-senba gives +12TP I think~, Yamata-senba gives +25TP. Hiragi-senba is tough to obtain but gives +30TP.

I do agree that Barta and Zonde are rather bleh <_<;

Starrz
Mar 11, 2007, 07:18 AM
You're going to need a lot of +10 wands to do some significant damage.

Raysa
Mar 11, 2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah let people play what they want http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AC9breaker
Mar 11, 2007, 07:30 AM
My biggest gripe about cast force is not being able to move your weapon when casting Dam techs. If I ever play cast force, it will be purely support. Its not even worth casting attack spells. but as a force I WANT to cast attaclk spells. =/

AweOfShe
Mar 11, 2007, 08:32 AM
a cast force is stupid.

I dunno about that. There's a lot of Cast Forte-techers that PLAY a lot better than some of the Newman ones. :P

Races should not be limited to the classes they are good at, because there is more than one way to actually play a class. But hey, people that are good at over-generalizing will never understand that. :P