PDA

View Full Version : Four Phantoms, a Gur Missal, and a Thunder Cannon...

Furiden
Mar 10, 2007, 05:37 PM
Just went from Ranger to Fortegunner earlier this morning! Wohoo!

And with that I pick up some new toys!

Falcon x6, Replace with...

---

Phantom x4
Gur Missal x1
Thunder Cannon x1

---

Now my question is, will that cut it for the average Fortegunner? For my Ranger, having 6 rifles worked just fine, and I loved it. Good damage per hit, and they seemed to work well in every situation.

Now that I'm a Fortegunner though, seemed kind of like a waste not to get a gernade launcher and a laser cannon, so I picked one of each up.

But will that setup hold up in most situations? The gernade launchers seem to run out of PP fast, and I was starting to run in to PP problems when I was doing the harder missions with only one or two other members.

So think I should maybe pick up another gernade launcher, and another laser cannon for PP purposes? Also that would make skilling up the SE's for them quicker. Or should I pick up two more rifles for PP purposes, and because they're more reliable than the other two weapons?

Or do you think I should just quit trying to do hard missions with < 3 people, and get full party's, and then I"ll be fine in terms of PP.

Lets hear it! Heheh.

Golto
Mar 10, 2007, 05:45 PM
Grinded 6* yohmei rifles to +5 or better. Shotguns and Twin Handguns are also nice.

Siertes
Mar 10, 2007, 06:12 PM
I'm a Rifle and Twin Handgun only kind of guy. I used to use Handguns and Sabers also, but not anymore. I wish GLs and Lasers were much less situational; then I could make use of two of the S ranks weapons I can use. Now I only have S rank rifles http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Wish I could use S ranks twins.

APEXi
Mar 10, 2007, 06:25 PM
you might want to get some twin handguns - deathmakers, or whatever you can get - otherwise all your attacks require you being stationary
edit. nevermind, you already know this, having coming from using 6 rifles..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-03-10 15:26 ]</font>

Traize
Mar 10, 2007, 06:32 PM
How in the bloody hell did you afford those? You certainly can't be on 360!

I am a very jealous little fellow now...

Ethan-Waber
Mar 10, 2007, 06:50 PM
It really depends on if you want to have FUN or if you want to just play the game for the hell of it.

For FUN, buy some frikin photon charges and buy a full set of dualies.
Otherwise stick with rifles, or perhaps get a saber + Mechgun combo's for more fun.

Kimil
Mar 10, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-03-10 15:32, Traize wrote:
How in the bloody hell did you afford those? You certainly can't be on 360!

I am a very jealous little fellow now...

Lololol, Shouldn't Tell You of the 30-some 9*'s I have then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Traize
Mar 10, 2007, 07:58 PM
*sobs* All I want is some proper A-rank rifles!

As for having fun, one can enjoy rifle usage, but you'll always enjoy PSU more with other people, in which case, the weapon you use barely matters.