PDA

View Full Version : Changing attitudes and treating eachother with respect

Lamon2
Mar 10, 2007, 08:49 PM
ok there are no free pink black hearts but i took a small survey and a lot of people think that pso world is filled with a bunch of mean snobby rude and overly critical butt holes (for lack of a better word) we need to change are attitudes towards this type of thing and treat each other with more respect or we will lose supporters every day

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-03-10 19:22 ]</font>

DoubleK93
Mar 10, 2007, 08:51 PM
yes i agree..... ummm I think u should become a motivational speaker.

Krisan
Mar 10, 2007, 08:52 PM
Supporters..? What supporters? Did I miss a memo?

Turambar
Mar 10, 2007, 09:12 PM
The criticism comes from people accusing us of being to an extent, elitist. And you know what? We are, and we always will be. The only attitude change that would satisfy them is to lower our standards, something I for one am not too fond of doing.

Weakness
Mar 10, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-03-10 18:12, Turambar wrote:
The criticism comes from people accusing us of being to an extent, elitist. And you know what? We are, and we always will be. The only attitude change that would satisfy them is to lower our standards, something I for one am not too fond of doing.

QFT

WrathOfMegid
Mar 10, 2007, 09:25 PM
Uhhh.... Cheese?
I think I heard mention that PSO-Worlders are rude and snobby. My apologies if I myself appear as such. But I still must ask:

WTF is a "free pink black hearts"?
Ohhhhh. Clever, Lamon2, very clever.

Kimil
Mar 10, 2007, 09:27 PM
everyone cHILL... This isn't gonna go anywhere good fast

Mewnie
Mar 10, 2007, 09:50 PM
*sips tea, pinky raised* Well said, old chap! Care for some crumpets?

Randomness
Mar 10, 2007, 10:15 PM
10% of the people on the internet are rude but they're 10x as noisy.

WrathOfMegid
Mar 10, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-03-10 19:15, Randomness wrote:

Here, here! Like the five people in class that just have to shout their most intimate thoughts at each other when the teacher just pauses to take a breath.

Sychosis
Mar 10, 2007, 10:22 PM
Go to hell peasant. Lrn2play n00b.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mewnie
Mar 10, 2007, 10:23 PM

75% of people pull random numbers out of thier ass.

Am I? YOU BE THE JUDGE!

postcount +1

:3

WHEEEEEEE!

Proff
Mar 10, 2007, 10:24 PM
Mine was blue... I was expecting pink.

DurakkenX
Mar 10, 2007, 10:32 PM
the majority of the people that look at this site don't post and it's those people that mainly lower the overall reputation. I'd say that most of the people that they are interacting with are those people...

Most of the people who actually post and contribute are pretty good >.> but then again the most immature people are running the 2nd most known thing in the PSU community and they get no flack v.v

PALRAPPYS
Mar 10, 2007, 10:34 PM
On 2007-03-10 19:22, Sychosis wrote:
Go to hell peasant. Lrn2play n00b.

lol I knew you would respond with something just like that!

And on topic... I don't think everyone is... well, whatever the word was! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Siertes
Mar 10, 2007, 10:37 PM
I don't think this place is that bad. It's just that the most critical and rude people are the most vocal...and popular for some reason.

Retehi
Mar 10, 2007, 10:40 PM
On 2007-03-10 19:37, Siertes wrote:
I don't think this place is that bad. It's just that the most critical and rude people are the most vocal...and popular for some reason.

Well, people like 50 Cent, and Britney Spears are popular for well. . . being douche bags.

Same rule applies here.

Tomeeboy
Mar 10, 2007, 10:41 PM
I think we need Myth Busters for this one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Parn
Mar 10, 2007, 10:43 PM
This community needs less reasons to kick people from parties, and much more Parnography.

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/us_release/0090.jpg

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/us_release/0080.jpg

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/us_release/0078.jpg

DonRoyale
Mar 10, 2007, 10:43 PM
Wow! Another topic in which we discuss the failure the world has become!

Especially the e-world! WHOOO~

Have fun yelling at each other kiddies! I'll be back here, not giving a fuck.

Retehi
Mar 10, 2007, 10:45 PM

Why is Kesara's head missing?

Parn
Mar 10, 2007, 10:48 PM
It was a bug.

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/us_release/0077.jpg

PALRAPPYS
Mar 10, 2007, 10:49 PM
On 2007-03-10 19:48, Parn wrote:
It was a bug.

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/us_release/0077.jpg

That is TOO funny!

Mewnie
Mar 10, 2007, 10:54 PM
Parn wins the thread.

Tra
Mar 10, 2007, 10:57 PM
how can pso-world consider itself elitist? lol that's such a fucken joke when all of you guys aren't even that good

DonRoyale
Mar 10, 2007, 10:57 PM
YAY! OFF-TOPIC! WHOOO 2_@

Nai_Calus
Mar 10, 2007, 11:06 PM
PSOW has made me afraid of actually joining games on PSU out of fear of my baby FO accidentally dying without the scapes she can't afford yet and me getting kicked and yelled at over it. No thanks. I think I've done a total of maybe six missions with other people, all three of which I know from PSO, and everything else I've just been soloing with Maya. >_> I'll just stick to the three people I know when they're on and not busy with something else and solo the rest of the time. ...So I may not ever reach L20 or Force L3, but I won't have to deal with people being tards?

EphekZ
Mar 10, 2007, 11:06 PM
On 2007-03-10 19:57, Tra wrote:
how can pso-world consider itself elitist? lol that's such a fucken joke when all of you guys aren't even that good

Indeed.

DonRoyale
Mar 10, 2007, 11:08 PM
On 2007-03-10 20:06, Ian-KunX wrote:
PSOW has made me afraid of actually joining games on PSU out of fear of my baby FO accidentally dying without the scapes she can't afford yet and me getting kicked and yelled at over it. No thanks. I think I've done a total of maybe six missions with other people, all three of which I know from PSO, and everything else I've just been soloing with Maya. >_> I'll just stick to the three people I know when they're on and not busy with something else and solo the rest of the time. ...So I may not ever reach L20 or Force L3, but I won't have to deal with people being tards?

Yes, I know exactly how you feel. (Good thing my friends are always there for me, and they're much more powerful than me, so it's easy for me)

Just have one powerful friend set you up on a popular mission on Uni 2, you'll be fine. People will flock in.

Stick to the friends you have. Elitists aren't worth your time, and do nothing but blow smoke about 'how certain classes beat certain other classes', waving their e-penises left and right complaining worse than emos, for fuck's sake.

But it's still good for a laugh if you have a humorous side http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ABDUR101
Mar 11, 2007, 11:19 AM
I think the next order of business is to find out who really gives a shit. People who whine about PSOW are only concentrating on the negative, and most likely would'nt see it for a good thing even if it were. Atleast if PSOW is seen as elite-ist and snobby, that keeps the surge of mass-retardation to what it already is, and not what it could be.

DraginHikari
Mar 11, 2007, 11:27 AM
This is going no where...

Jakosifer
Mar 11, 2007, 11:35 AM
This wont end well. <_<

AweOfShe
Mar 11, 2007, 11:43 AM
Parn forgot these... >.>
http://parnoparty.ytmnd.com/
http://parnography.ytmnd.com/

VanHalen
Mar 11, 2007, 11:58 AM
On 2007-03-10 20:06, Ian-KunX wrote:

I know how you feel. Before I joined network mode I used to read the fourms and see "OMG DYING WITH NO SCAPE!!" I thought everyone acted like that in-game and the first time I died I nearly shitted a brick. Though they just revived me and laughed about it so I felt a little more comfortable playing.

LocGaw
Mar 11, 2007, 11:58 AM
in before it's locked.

Also this site is considered the "Alakazaam" of PSU...

VanHalen
Mar 11, 2007, 12:00 PM
What is Alakazaam?

DizzyDi
Mar 11, 2007, 12:03 PM
GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

VanHalen
Mar 11, 2007, 12:13 PM
meh I like Yahoo better so I'll use that.

EDIT: Hey WoW is also having problems with their characters! As we fight over Fighgunners they complain over Bloodeves thanks Allahazam.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-03-11 10:15 ]</font>

shadywolf
Mar 11, 2007, 12:18 PM
I think this forum is tons better and way more respectful then Sega's official PSU forum where people are always arguing and flaming each other. I use to have a name here... but I forgot it, so I created a new one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shadywolf on 2007-03-11 10:19 ]</font>

Raysa
Mar 11, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-03-11 10:00, VanHalen wrote:
What is Alakazaam?

1. It's a pokemon.
2. It's a huge information storage base for FFXI, WoW. Only games I've used it for.

MayLee
Mar 11, 2007, 12:22 PM

I object sir! I was called Adorably talkative once. >.>

Weakness
Mar 11, 2007, 12:24 PM
It is Allakhazam, not Alakazaam.

http://www.allakhazam.com

EphekZ
Mar 11, 2007, 01:25 PM
On 2007-03-11 09:19, ABDUR101 wrote:
I think the next order of business is to find out who really gives a shit. People who whine about PSOW are only concentrating on the negative, and most likely would'nt see it for a good thing even if it were. Atleast if PSOW is seen as elite-ist and snobby, that keeps the surge of mass-retardation to what it already is, and not what it could be.

I love you.

Ethan-Waber
Mar 11, 2007, 01:48 PM
that is why you have a vagina.

Inazuma
Mar 11, 2007, 01:52 PM
there are 2 types of ppl in this world and its hard for them to get along, unless someone changes things to please the other. the only way for me to be able to get along w/ most of the other importers on psu jp, is to play by their rules. i could do it but then im not enjoying myself. the opposite is true as well.

anyway, here is a very good article that explains it a lot better than i can.
http://www.sirlin.net/archive/playing-to-win-part-1/

Sekani
Mar 11, 2007, 02:12 PM
Too many posters on this forum think they're superior to the majority of PSU players. That's funny because this isn't really a skill-based game; he who has enough time and/or luck to get the most uber stuff wins.

And VanHalen, I used to think the same thing about people getting booted for not having scape dolls, forces not being heal bitches, and lately fighgunners even daring to pull out a double saber. Then I log on and none of that ever happens. (I have yet to see anyone use tornado dance at all.)

I guess nothing is ever as serious as people make it out to be.

Lonzell
Mar 11, 2007, 02:14 PM
lol@respect on the interwebs.

Well, a lot of these players are from FFXI... and that would explain a LOT.

Krisan
Mar 11, 2007, 02:18 PM
Forums are always full of more drama than the actual game is. This applies to all games.. Though especially PSU I think, since there really isn't all that much to cause drama in PSU to begin with..

I've only been kicked out of a party once, and it was for none of the normal reasons.. (Apparently, they were saving the spot for a friend.. why they didn't lock the game or kick the lolibot in the party to make room is beyond me.. the leader did seem to be a bit of an asshat though, but I moved on without a fuss.)

AweOfShe
Mar 11, 2007, 02:31 PM
On 2007-03-11 12:12, Sekani wrote:
Too many posters on this forum think they're superior to the majority of PSU players. That's funny because this isn't really a skill-based game; he who has enough time and/or luck to get the most uber stuff wins.

That's exactly what I was thinking. In fact, there are a *few* (emphasis on few) people on the PC/PS2 servers who think they are gods... Then I look at their haxeta... then lol, because without that, they probably wouldn't even have half the crap they had on. :P

But yeah, overall, I've only had like, a few problems with the community being like that. I've met more nice people, than asshats. :P

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 11, 2007, 03:25 PM
There are a great deal of different opinions on different things, and they are bound to conflict with eachother. At the same time, while there are plenty of people who can readily and openly deal with people having opinions that differ from their own, they are grossly out-numbered by those who aren't so good at this, and then there are the loudest among them, who have no capacity to deal with other people's conflicting opinions at all.

Here's the deal: If you have a special purpose for your mission, then state it in the comments. If someone violates that purpose, then kick them. They had warning. Next, don't join a mission if you don't intend to help the people already in it with whatever they intend to do. Don't join someone's S-Rank HIVE run without scape dolls, the results are inescapable. Don't complain about others' choice in Expert classes: Every class has their advantages and disadvantages, so you're best off if you learn to take advantage of them, instead of complaining about them.

There's probably other good guidelines to follow, but that's a start. PSU is a game, and PSO-World is simply a place to discuss it and commune with others who share common interests.

Kelevra
Mar 11, 2007, 03:28 PM
I don't play with you ass holes anyway, i jsut play with my brother sister and best friend from high school. You guys are dick weeds.

Thalui89
Mar 11, 2007, 03:33 PM
The PSU/PSO community is the worst ive ever come across. GENERALLY their self obsessed, arrogant, disrespectful and insulting - not to mentioned bitchy. But there are some decent people on the forums and in the game.

akratic
Mar 11, 2007, 04:06 PM
Some of the most selfish and humorless players I have met are psow'ers.

Others of the most selfish and humorless players I have met are not psow'ers.

Go figure.

But, for certain, the dumbest person I have ever met in the game was in universe 15.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: akratic on 2007-03-11 14:13 ]</font>

Mewn
Mar 11, 2007, 04:22 PM
Forum in 'some of its members are dicks' horror.

Gosh. I can't say that about 99.9% of forums on the internet!

DurakkenX
Mar 11, 2007, 04:33 PM
on that note...i'd say that WoW is the worst....FFXI and PSU/PSO tie when you ignore the legit/hacker BS and the high level LS BS. CoX is prolly the overall best i've come across community wise and they probably have the most to be furious about with constant rebalancing BS.

PSU players whine a lot, but they have a lot to whine about. The fact that normal people can see the problems with the game and how easy it would have been to fix shows just how much there is to whine about.

omegapirate2k
Mar 11, 2007, 04:45 PM
On 2007-03-10 17:49, Lamon2 wrote:
a lot of people think that pso world is filled with a bunch of mean snobby rude and overly critical butt holes

That's the internet for you.

EDOJIN
Mar 11, 2007, 04:57 PM
On 2007-03-11 13:33, Thalui89 wrote:
The PSU/PSO community is the worst ive ever come across. GENERALLY their self obsessed, arrogant, disrespectful and insulting - not to mentioned bitchy. But there are some decent people on the forums and in the game.

i pray to god i never become one of those ppl.

Kirip-san
Mar 11, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-03-11 13:33, Thalui89 wrote:
The PSU/PSO community is the worst ive ever come across. GENERALLY their self obsessed, arrogant, disrespectful and insulting - not to mentioned bitchy.

Try Gunbound.
*cough*
Free online games attract more of those types of people~nyo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2007-03-11 15:02 ]</font>

Weakness
Mar 11, 2007, 05:06 PM
This topic would be mildly humorous, and I'm sure I have a sarcastic remark somewhere hidden.

But, this drama thread is pretty blunt. People on the internet are asses, simple enough right? But people have to bitch about all the people who bitch, which leads to even more bitching about the people who are bitching about the bitchers.

We need a smiley with a guy smacking a dead horse... but since we don't have one, this will have to do.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/24000/24361_w.jpg

Tengoku
Mar 11, 2007, 05:18 PM
Politeness is often confused with respect. Respect is earned, not given. If someone doesn't treat you with respect, ask yourself one question "What have I done to earn their respect?"

Politeness, on the other hand, is something that everyone deserves untill they show themselves to be complete douchebags. After that, there can be no respect.

To put it another way: Politeness is cheap, easily given, and a sign of good manners. Respect is never cheap and must always be earned.

Ace1860
Mar 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
I'll be going online in a couple of days 4 the first time. Hope I get a good start and not meet too many of those kind of people.

Shinzakura
Mar 11, 2007, 06:37 PM
On 2007-03-11 15:18, Tengoku wrote:
Politeness is often confused with respect. Respect is earned, not given. If someone doesn't treat you with respect, ask yourself one question "What have I done to earn their respect?"

Politeness, on the other hand, is something that everyone deserves untill they show themselves to be complete douchebags. After that, there can be no respect.

To put it another way: Politeness is cheap, easily given, and a sign of good manners. Respect is never cheap and must always be earned.

You most definitely win this thread.

Palefire
Mar 11, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-03-11 15:18, Tengoku wrote:

QFT

Lyrise
Mar 11, 2007, 07:55 PM
On 2007-03-11 11:52, Inazuma wrote:
there are 2 types of ppl in this world and its hard for them to get along, unless someone changes things to please the other. the only way for me to be able to get along w/ most of the other importers on psu jp, is to play by their rules. i could do it but then im not enjoying myself. the opposite is true as well.

SOmeone jsut brought my attention to this thread, and I don't like what the message says 100%...

That article you link is quite good... but sadly it can only apply to games where there is a competitive aspect, of which PSU is not.

Secondly, when you said you'd have to play by our rules in order to get along with us, that's completely false. What we'd like is for you not to force your stupid rules on us. So what if we play for fun and you don't? You don't have to force it on us.

Nobody's saying that's your style is wrong, but to make everything look like a contest, and to put money and progress over people who could be considered your friends is where you went wrong, that's a part of the reason why a ton of the importers don't like you. You take this game and your own character too seriously, as if this IS your real life. That and your manifesto of criticism; If someone dies without a scape, the only person who says anything is you, with that MANIFESTO of yours "You just cost the party xxxx amount of meseta and x mission points!". Now I know you want to help people get stronger, but that is NOT the way to do it.

Just my two cents.

VectormanX
Mar 11, 2007, 07:57 PM

You can't expect people to look eye to eye with you if you are looking down on them.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=d0878ae3e9cba99134ff2f424ba32cb0
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=9a5be2bb5e3384606f75f3662038bc5c
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=cd941a666221f12d72e826b1593e2dc6

for those that dont know what's up here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VectormanX on 2007-03-11 18:03 ]</font>

Kimil
Mar 11, 2007, 08:06 PM
On 2007-03-10 19:45, Retehi wrote:

Why is Kesara's head missing?

Waiiiiiiiit, The arrows.... and the lack of (X) and (Y) buttons.... Why is Parn in the PS2/PC server? I though you moved to 360?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-03-11 23:47 ]</font>

Kamica
Mar 11, 2007, 08:08 PM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/RyuuHasha/PSO/PSU309.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/RyuuHasha/PSO/PSU310.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-03-11 18:16 ]</font>

Parn
Mar 11, 2007, 08:09 PM
I did, that's an old PC screenshot. Notice the winter decorations from January? Isn't my body amazing? Even Raziel agrees!

DurakkenX
Mar 11, 2007, 08:09 PM
Being that the other community i am involved in is the origination of that article i have to say that even the most hardcore of competitive players are torn upon the subject. Some people feel that you should always be in competition mode and thats natural for some but most just want to relax and have fun without worrying about errors that people make.

Overall it's the shouting OMG YOU FUCKIN NOOB when someone does something wrong that takes away the fun not the act of competition. In other words it'ss your personality, not the rules that hurt you.

I gotta say that i got along with the impotrt community just fine and in this game i am extremely competitive in most aspects. But this is a game that you can be competitive and one up people without being a dick in.

Kimil
Mar 11, 2007, 08:11 PM
OK... So, I've never had this problem with ppl I've played with? Go Figure...
And I'm not an ass to randoms in-game, because I don't think posting on PSOW makes me an elitist either.
... I've honestly never noticed ppl being ass-hoesl because they are specifically from PSOW... O-o

Weakness
Mar 11, 2007, 08:12 PM
That is the best picture ever Kamica.

Kamica
Mar 11, 2007, 08:13 PM
On 2007-03-11 18:09, DurakkenX wrote:
Overall it's the shouting OMG YOU FUCKIN NOOB when someone does something wrong that takes away the fun not the act of competition. In other words it'ss your personality, not the rules that hurt you.

Great words

Kimil
Mar 11, 2007, 08:13 PM
On 2007-03-11 18:09, Parn wrote:
I did, that's an old PC screenshot. Notice the winter decorations from January? Isn't my body amazing? Even Raziel agrees!

LMAO, Oh well, Too bad I never ran into you b4 you jumped ship http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.
Most other ppl from PSOW stayed on PS2/PC or are coming back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif (Wink Wink nudge nudge) I thinkkkk you are the only well-known player that left Ps2/PC.

Kimil
Mar 11, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-03-11 15:59, Ace1860 wrote:
I'll be going online in a couple of days 4 the first time. Hope I get a good start and not meet too many of those kind of people.

Don't worry. I've been on since November... And I haven't met An asswhole yet

Mio
Mar 11, 2007, 08:49 PM
This game require a bit of skill, but not that much. I play to win as well, but with moderation. I don't race trough lvl 80 in 2 days because I know the cap will be keept like that for a lot. So I still hunt my rares and exp while doing it, instead of rushing let's say, LAB S2?

But I dont criticize who does that. They have they right to, and who pull out the crap like "they have no life, they this and this" are mainly losers themselves.

So i'm in a way an Elite, but I prefer to not tell the others how to play the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mio on 2007-03-11 18:52 ]</font>

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 11, 2007, 09:32 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/BEST/psu20061206_150138_014.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/BEST/psu20061129_163051_001.jpg
Yeah, excuse us for playing in areas where you can actually die. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FOnewearl-Lina on 2007-03-11 19:35 ]</font>

Inazuma
Mar 11, 2007, 09:50 PM
i dunno what you guys are trying to do by posting those mails of mine (midori) trying to make me look bad?

anyway i still believe using scapes is good, b/c it saves money. i will always think meseta is a good thing no matter what anyone says.

On 2007-03-11 19:32, FOnewearl-Lina wrote:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/BEST/psu20061129_163051_001.jpg
Yeah, excuse us for playing in areas where you can actually die. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
FOnewearl-Lina on 2007-03-11 19:35 ]</font>

ok dont put words in my mouth here. if you read what i said in the mail, i was only talking about myself.

even tho it mite not seem like it, im trying to respect your playstyle. my original post here merely said there are 2 types of ppl and their playstyles clash so it makes it hard to get along unless one side changes to please the other.

Kamica
Mar 11, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-03-11 19:50, Inazuma wrote:
im trying to respect your playstyle

And yet you say that we deserve to be kicked

Lyrise
Mar 11, 2007, 10:04 PM
You still don't get it do you? Playstyles can co-exist. You seem to have confused the word "attitude" with "playstyle". (With respect to the original topic AND your posts.)

Inazuma
Mar 12, 2007, 12:12 AM
playstyles can only co-exist in peace if you stay seperated. you will always have someone upset about something unless you can agree on some important things.

for example, someone joins your party and dies w/o a scape. thats gonna upset the players who were working towards S rank. it WONT upset the players who also do not care about scapes and s ranking missions, however.

b/c psu is a team based game, having the team working together, helping each other, and working towards the same goals is the ideal situation.

take a high school football team. lets say everyone there wants to win the championship and they are gonna help each other to do it as best as they possibly can. what if you had someone join who didnt really care about winning or losing the games, they were just there for excersize or making friends. well, that team is gonna run into problems b/c of this and there is a good chance that player will be kicked from the team.

when im w/ a psu party who shares the same goals as me, its very fun. just today i was w/ some very good players doing one of the event missions. they taught me how to purify seeds faster and that made me very happy. we cleared the mission in only 3 mins b/c everyone was working so well together.

improvement is the reason i play psu. when i started psu i had the goal of becoming the very best psu player in the world. i dunno if i could seriously pull it off, however working towards that goal is whats important. and even after ive said that, i LOVE to see ppl stronger than me, or doing something better than me. finding someone i can learn from gives me so much enjoyment. also, that person shares the same playstyle as me so we should get along good.

throw me into a party filled w/ ppl who do not care about improvement and its gonna annoy the hell outta me. for example if there was a cast force in the party. now, i dont wanna call this guy an idiot for picking a very weak char (its his own choice to be a weak char) but its gonna bother me to play w/ em. id rather stay away b/c someone like that isnt trying to help the team. if someone died w/o scapes and takes away from the party's meseta, thats gonna bother me also. call me an elistist or an asshole, i wont lower myself to their level. i tried a few times to stop being a hardass about scapes and stuff and just have fun w/ you guys, but i simply couldnt do it. i have a lot more fun working towards improvement.

anyway, im the odd man out here, so the best thing for me is to just stay away and let you guys play your game the way you do. since you all have the same playstyles and opinions, just keep playing and enjoying yourself.

but i have a question for you guys. what exactly is your goal for playing psu? if you are gonna say fun, what does that entail exactly? does the game itself not really matter so much as the ppl do? is hanging out w/ friends and having some fun killing monsters your goal? just help me understand your side of things a bit more, is what im asking here.

Inazuma
Mar 12, 2007, 12:24 AM
On 2007-03-11 20:04, Lyrise wrote:
You still don't get it do you? Playstyles can co-exist. You seem to have confused the word "attitude" with "playstyle". (With respect to the original topic AND your posts.)

the reason you have problems w/ my "attitude" is directly b/c of my "playstyle". if you shared the same playstyle as me, you wouldnt get upset if i told someone to use scapes or gave em advice on how to improve.

if someone told me to use nosudeega instead of barta b/c its better, i wont get upset. if they are right, ill happily use nosudeega. if for whatever reason, i still think barta is better, ill keep using barta but i wont get upset at that player for trying to help me.

and if someone booted me for not using scapes, i would be fucking thrilled! im dead serious. thats the kind of player i am always looking for. someone who really cares a lot about improvement and helping the team improve. i always seek out players who can help me.

oh here is a true story for you. this happened a few weeks ago in a random dragon party mission:

someone died w/o a scape b/c they forgot to bring em. they appologized over and over and then left the party rite away. thats the actions of someone who truly cares about the party. they couldnt have handled that any better. shining example of a great psu player.

DurakkenX
Mar 12, 2007, 12:29 AM
You know...you can't be the best at something when you are not part of the community that establishes what is the best.

PJ
Mar 12, 2007, 12:41 AM
On 2007-03-11 22:24, Inazuma wrote:

someone died w/o a scape b/c they forgot to bring em. they appologized over and over and then left the party rite away. thats the actions of someone who truly cares about the party. they couldnt have handled that any better. shining example of a great psu player.

More like shining example of someone so pathetic trying to make new friends that when you screw up they have to run. Very fast.

See, I ONLY play PSU with my friends. So when someone dies without a scape, there's usually laughs to be had. None of this booting bullshit. That's improvement? Starting over with nothing to show for it, cause you died cause either a) You forgot your scapes or even the VERY possible b) You can't AFFORD scapes, but of course, with your playstyle, scapes are always in reach, right?

That person didn't give a shit about the party. They gave a shit about themselves, and what others would think about them after dying without a scape.

PSOW is filled with elitists. But so is everywhere else on the internet. It's really annoying trying to find a place JUST for casuals.

Eliash
Mar 12, 2007, 12:43 AM
On 2007-03-11 22:12, Inazuma wrote:
but i have a question for you guys. what exactly is your goal for playing psu? if you are gonna say fun, what does that entail exactly? does the game itself not really matter so much as the ppl do? is hanging out w/ friends and having some fun killing monsters your goal? just help me understand your side of things a bit more, is what im asking here.

Personally speaking I like making progress within a game, however, I will not do so at the expense of my manners. (I'm not implying that your playstyle is doing so, please don't take it that way.) I tend to have fun by other people having fun as well as improving effectiveness whenever it doesn't intrude on other people playstyles.

I won't go as far as avoiding certain people because they don't take the game as 'seriously' as I do. I don't boot people for dying without a scape unless they do so several times or for no reason other than to be jerks. I would perfer people to have scapes and have the decency to buy one if they don't but in the end unless I can see it affecting the game experience for everyone I won't take much action.

In the end, I play the way I do because it's fun for me and others. However, I also play this way because I don't feel that I should judge how others play the game based solely on my discomfort. (Yes, I am willing to be uncomfortable for the sake of the team.)

Sekani
Mar 12, 2007, 12:51 AM
On 2007-03-11 22:12, Inazuma wrote:
improvement is the reason i play psu. when i started psu i had the goal of becoming the very best psu player in the world. i dunno if i could seriously pull it off, however working towards that goal is whats important. and even after ive said that, i LOVE to see ppl stronger than me, or doing something better than me. finding someone i can learn from gives me so much enjoyment. also, that person shares the same playstyle as me so we should get along good.

LOL. This part is hilarious to me because you say "very best psu player in the world" as though it's some kind of nearly unattainable status that only super-elite snobs like yourself can attain. If this was a more competitive game I could understand such a goal, but in the current environment it just sounds silly.

Since you asked though, I play this game to socialize with people and because I like seeing my character grow stronger (as in leveling up and getting new shiny toys, just so there's no confusion).

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 12, 2007, 12:52 AM
On 2007-03-11 22:29, DurakkenX wrote:
You know...you can't be the best at something when you are not part of the community that establishes what is the best.

QFT

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2007, 01:04 AM
On 2007-03-11 22:24, Inazuma wrote:

On 2007-03-11 20:04, Lyrise wrote:

the reason you have problems w/ my "attitude" is directly b/c of my "playstyle". if you shared the same playstyle as me, you wouldnt get upset if i told someone to use scapes or gave em advice on how to improve.

AGAIN you've completely missed the point. Even if I shared the same playstyle as you, I'd still have problems with your attitude. I could play to "win" like you do right now, but I certainly wouldn't step all over the people with me like you do. Even Lina's style is like yours, but not once has she acted like some pompous jerk who believes they can do no wrong. You know,I don't mean to brag, but I've probably sucessfully assisted more people in improving their characters than you have. Why? It's all about etiquette, manners and positive attitude, none of which you genuinely have. We could have all been friends, but we have to draw the line when you start putting money over your potential friends, then BLAMING them when something wrong happens.

I know I'm going to get into a LOT of trouble for this, but I have to say it, and believe me, I speak for 99% of the importers when I say this. You're spoiled, you know that? When things don't go your way you complain. You turn a blind eye to the things that are wrong, especially when it gives you an advantage (i.e. Shift Cancel), even the Japanese will admit what they are doing is wrong, while you brag about this as skill. When issues and bugs are resolved in the way you never expect, you complain about it even more, or pretend it never happened (i.e. Ultimate Attack). You also employ a double standard probably to protect your own image. Anytime you've played with us, and we get killed with no scapes, we get the ever usual speech. Anytime you play with us, and there just so conveniently happens to be a Japanese player in there, and they get killed with no scapes, you say nothing about it, even when it happens multiple times (I'm sure with your proficiency at Japanese, this would be an EASY thing for you to do, so before anyone else gets any ideas of not being able to tell them).

To everyone else reading this, I'd like to apologize for my outburst. I've had a stressful day, and I just can't let slide comments that literally trample the feelings of all the friends I have in the importer community.

Inazuma
Mar 12, 2007, 01:11 AM
community that establishes what is best? where can i find such a thing? ive been spending a lot of my time playing w/ random players, meeting new ppl all the time.

Inazuma
Mar 12, 2007, 01:22 AM
i could have never complained about the scapes, but i wouldnt have been having fun.

when was there a jp player who kept dying w/o scapes? sorry, i really cant remember that well. no matter what i said or didnt say, im sure it bothered me tho.

the average psu player doesnt bother me. they are generally decent players who seem to care for the team.

DurakkenX
Mar 12, 2007, 01:38 AM
what is with people not understanding the intricacies of their native language this week...

The community that establishes what is best is the community that you are within..ie the PSU community. i don't think anyone that cuts themselves off from a part of that which they are a part of will ever succeed in being "the best" and being that MMOs are largely about communities...well if you have a problem with a large part of the community then there is no way you could be the best...

In fact...when you look at just that aspect...Parn, Jonathan F, and no matter how much i dislike her Shim would be the best players simply because they are accepted the most and known the most by the community and have contributed to the community in some way.

Spellbinder
Mar 12, 2007, 01:41 AM
what exactly is your goal for playing psu? if you are gonna say fun, what does that entail exactly? does the game itself not really matter so much as the ppl do? is hanging out w/ friends and having some fun killing monsters your goal? just help me understand your side of things a bit more, is what im asking here.

I have a question for you, Inazuma. And it starts with this here.

i have a lot more fun working towards improvement.

What exactly is your idea of improvement? Now don't get me wrong, I do agree with this statement from you

according to the real game, more meseta is better, dying is bad, dealing more damage is better, clearing missions faster is better, etc

Making meseta, avoiding death, dealing good damage... I think most people can agree with me when I say these fall into the category of common sense. As people gain levels and experience in PSU, stronger weapons become available, better armors become available. There's only one way to go, and that's up. It may take some longers than others, but I'd like to think all players work toward these things. And contrary to what you may believe, I seriously doubt anyone, Importer or US player alike, will disagree with me about that. So why do you think there's such a huge rift in the Importer Community, and by rift I mean you against virtually everyone else?

What do I think? To be blunt, I think you've confused trying to be the best you can be with having a superiority complex. Now I've heard you say you respect other people's playstyles. But in retrospect have you ever stopped to look back at the things you've said to people? Case in point, in this very thread:

for example if there was a cast force in the party. now, i dont wanna call this guy an idiot for picking a very weak char (its his own choice to be a weak char) but its gonna bother me to play w/ em.

Now here, I don't know which statement is supposed to be a diversion from the other. You don't want to call him an idiot, but he's a weak player. Why? Because he's not a Newman? If he can keep the party alive, if he can keep the group supported, what's the problem? He's not blowing everything up for 5,000 damage? There are up to five other players in the party who can take care of that. Let the man (or woman) do what they feel best suited to do, but you wouldn't know what that is since you'd avoid them so desperately.

Why does it have to be a bother that other characters are not the pinacle of efficiency that is a standard of yours and yours alone, that nobody can seem to understand or live up to? You want to be the best, but your methods of going about it are shallow and other wise empty. As Lyrise mentioned with the shift cancling. I admit I did use it to speed my Nosu Technics along to 30, but its not practical, and the way it applied to Nosudeega made it down right rotten, and yet you praised it as God's gift to PSU. A player was upset because your use of an exploit was killing monsters at a ridiculous pace and they were unable to get kills. Now you said this earlier didn't you?

someone who really cares a lot about improvement and helping the team improve. i always seek out players who can help me.

Someone who cares about helping the team improve right? Then why was your reply, more or less "If I'm too strong for you, I can leave" or better yet, you suggested they switch to a Job they don't want to play to try and tag enemies? Using a glitch like that for personal gain when you're supposed to be helping one another is, for lack of a better word pathetic. But then again, they weren't 'helping you' so what does it matter, right?

Another very valid point is you make all this talk about weak players, weak players, weak players, and yet the only almost valid example you can give is not having a scapedoll.

i still believe using scapes is good, b/c it saves money.

for example, someone joins your party and dies w/o a scape. thats gonna upset the players who were working towards S rank.

if someone died w/o scapes and takes away from the party's meseta, thats gonna bother me also.

i could have never complained about the scapes, but i wouldnt have been having fun.

when was there a jp player who kept dying w/o scapes? sorry, i really cant remember that well.

C'mon Inazuma.... a large majority of us are level 80. I can't remember the last time I've seen someone died without a scape doll. I'd have to think about it really really hard to come up with that, and more times than not you make it sound like players do it on purpose. Until you can come up with some better evidence on weak players and what's "imporvement" it's like rowing a boat with no oars.

But to me, this is the most important point.

if you play gravity's made up ver of psu, you have rules such as "meseta doesnt matter, strength doesnt matter, dont use scapes, use joke weps, dont pick up items, dont help others, leech from other ppl as much as possible, etc"

and "dont give others advice on how to improve" thats a big no no

All I have to say to this is, where the **** do you get off? For a man who says he respects the ideals and playstyles of others, this is the most appauling thing I've ever heard you say.

When's the last time you've played with a full group of importers? When's the last time you've seen a full group of importers die without scapedolls and lower the mission rank? Have you seen the high quality weapons importers have been toting around? I won't deny that you may have better equipment than others, but you don't have the right to make such ludicrous comments about the community, and I think this is an example to everyone about what kind of attitudes really do need to change in this game.

[I know this topic is slowing de-railing, but issues like this just really irk me]

Itsuki
Mar 12, 2007, 01:42 AM
and if someone booted me for not using scapes, i would be fucking thrilled! im dead serious. thats the kind of player i am always looking for. someone who really cares a lot about improvement and helping the team improve. i always seek out players who can help me.

Midori, I think that your main problem is, that you don't view the community as a community. You view it as yourself. And by "Someone who really cares a lot about the improvement and help the team improve", its probably someone with an abnormally high sense of pride/honor. Not looking out for the improvement of the party, but leaving the party to save their own face. Thats just what the japanese do.

And then the part I bolded is important. Because in the end, you really only seem to care about yourself. Thinking about the improvement of the team includes not only thinking about what benefits yourself, but what benefits other people in the party. For example, if you're max level, spamming a bug, and killing monsters before lower level people trying to gain levels can even tag. Thats just disrespectful. And something both you and Aeriar are guilty of. My levels are just as important as someone's that 5 levels below me or even 50 levels below me.

I'd say that the large majority of the import community cares very much about progress. But not necessarily their own progress. But the overall progress of the community. Thats not saying I haven't requested people use scapes. But I don't degrade them and call them names and threaten to boot them from party because they die without a scape. Nor do I preassure them into buying scapes. Hell, I've even been known to buy scapes for them if I was making enough money from the mission to do so. If someone in party did not have the money to buy scapes, and you truly cared about the progress of the team. You wouldnt' be ragging on them to buy scapes, you'd be either 1) helping them buy scapes or 2) allowing the group to move to a mission with less chance of death.

But its not like you would ever change the mission you're playing. Thats not allowing you to gain the maximum amount of meseta in the shortest amount of time. Even if its doing that for another person in party.

Now midori, I don't even think this should be even brought into the conversation. I mean, last I saw, PSU wasn't a competitive game. It has no ranking system, it has no PVP system. If fact, the entire concept of playing to win is the complete opposite of "caring about the improvement of the team".

In fact...when you look at just that aspect...Parn, Jonathan F, and no matter how much i dislike her Shim would be the best players simply because they are accepted the most and known the most by the community and have contributed to the community in some way.
Hey hey! Princess Kesara contributes!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fulgore
Mar 12, 2007, 01:49 AM
LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ether
Mar 12, 2007, 01:57 AM
Death Penalty ruined PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2007, 02:15 AM
On 2007-03-11 23:57, Ether wrote:
Death Penalty ruined PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

This I partially agree with. However, I also think that death penalty was implemented as a control for making a game too easy. Sometimes the things that we do aren't as exciting when we know there's nothing to lose from screwing up. Though in the very end, when you and your party of 6 get through an area like say HIVES S2(this doesn't exist....yet), you tend to look back at your accomplishment and laugh a little bit too, even if the death count was 100+.

Although with events and missions such as Ultimate attack, death penalty may be a thing of the past; it also gives you an idea what it might feel like with no death penalty.

DurakkenX
Mar 12, 2007, 02:23 AM
i think the death penalty should only apply if you die and have to return to lobby. This would make moons useful again ^.^ How many of you would go for the losing xp or the dropping meseta/weapon?

psh kesara you're useless http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif just kidding...

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 12, 2007, 03:08 AM
[sigh...]

Most people are odd with how they behave to things, right, but that does NOT give them the right to insult/put down/physically, or mentally abuse them, verbally, or using actions to harm them, i.e.- Booting from party.

Yes, everyone, well, most everyone is fully determind to get S-rank, but that shouldn't be the pure goal[no objections type] for the team, because shit happens, like what if someone's PC/PS2/Xbox360 crashed? Would it be proper for that person to not come back[if he/she can] and continue assisting the team?

The answer is, no, even though they where disconnected doesn't mean they give up on the team.

Now to the Scape Doll junk that 60% or so of the PC/PS2 users bitch up about-

Just because someone goes to 0HP without a Scape doesn't make them worthless. Sure, we lost S-rank, but we don't need to boot him/her for that, right?

In a situation with Megid enemies such as, say, a pair of Jarbas, and one person get's the Megid smack in the face, dies, and no scapes left, what will you do to 'improve' the team?

I'll might say- "Careful around that Megid there," and then after Mr.Jarba is dead, and the downed member revived, I'd say like- "I suggest getting Scape Dolls," with no offensive or degrading words, or text represented tone.

That's probably better "Improvement" then your's, Midori.

Improvement isn't attained by disbanning a member, how can it? you lost a posibly valuable member just over a silly rank? What are you for that? Hmm?

You probably will be recomended as one, or more, of the following by the Booted member-
Snob,
Elitist,
Asshole,
Selfish jerk,
self-centered,
rude,
and mabye, Dishonorable.

By your method[s] of 'improvement', Midori, they will lead you to a posible state of 'disapproved among the community'.

My last statement for this post-

Lighten up, it's only a stinkin' game, it's not the end of the friggin' world if you don't get S-rank, all it means is that it'll take just one more mission for your goal, and that's no hassle now, is it? No need to be rude if it hurt you just a tiny bit, remember, he/she who died get's a lesser rank too.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 12, 2007, 04:30 AM
[b]On 2007-03-12 01:08, Garanz-Baranz wroteYou probably will be recomended as one, or more, of the following by the Booted member-
Snob,
Elitist,
Asshole,
Selfish jerk,
self-centered,
rude,
and mabye, Dishonorable.

8.All of the above
Easy multiple choice question there.

Parn
Mar 12, 2007, 06:09 AM
On 2007-03-11 23:42, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Hey hey! Princess Kesara contributes!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
You do! No one else has ever been headless in PSU! History was made.

Raysa
Mar 12, 2007, 06:23 AM
GOD WALL OF TEXT T_T

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 07:50 AM
Well, the moral of this story is, don't boot people unless they do something to deserve it (dying doesn't count, unless you SPECIFICALLY say you'll boot if they don't have scapes)

Mio
Mar 12, 2007, 08:27 AM
I wish you importers where playing on the US servers, really. Everytime I read a Kesara post I more wish to play with her.

Mewn
Mar 12, 2007, 08:49 AM
Wow, I never realized the schism between Midori and the rest of the importer community was this bad.

I dunno, maybe it's not my place to say, I never really gelled with the import community on PSUJP and left so I could play with US friends on US PSU, but really, Midori, I think you should think hard about striving for kinds of improvement that aren't displayed on your screen as numbers. As to what those are, I'll leave it up to your imagination.

Jakosifer
Mar 12, 2007, 08:59 AM
Ive only encountered two assholes in my playing career, a fortefighter who was the leader of a team that invited me and asked was I a "Tornado Dance n00b" and if so he was booting me. I didn't join because of that assumption right there. Then some damned Fortecher who, while we were on a mission to "Stop healing urself i'll do it" I respond, "its better for me to heal myself if you arent in range to heal me, its hard enough to survive with this low defense." then he calls me a "n00b" for making HIS life easier. -_-;

Mattardo
Mar 12, 2007, 10:49 AM
Many people say the GOlden RUle is DO unto others as you would have them DO unto you. Some people interpret it as DO unto others as others have DONE unto you. Then there are those that say DO unto others before they DO unto you. Which one is the correct way? I try to have an open mind while playing online. I really do. But I am CONSTANTLY reminded that given a veil of internet secrecy, people will take any oppurtunity to be an ass. Not just an ass: a complete ass. These people do not surprise me at all. The people who surprise me are the ones who are polite and kind. I am shocked when I meet these people. I have a long list of cards that very few people use to play with me. I am merely there for an extra slot needed, or to spam advice or help to. I generally ignore those people and stick with the ones that routinely speak and play to me. SEGA has tried to avoid the mistakes of it's previous games and made a "cheat" proof game that makes them more money in subscription fees. This has had the result of making people hate each other. If you want to hate someone, hate the game and the makers, not some poor soul who is NOT cheating or overpricing goods JUST so he can have 10 scape dolls to please some fucks on a megid run. There's more than an S rank in this game.

Waberashi
Mar 12, 2007, 10:55 AM
On 2007-03-11 23:42, Itsuki-chan wrote:

You're a dude.

Tra
Mar 12, 2007, 01:25 PM
lol from what I've been reading Inazuma, you're a noob. hahahaha

Mattardo
Mar 12, 2007, 01:43 PM
Another shining example of why respect never works. What is a noob? Something you were at one time? Everyone's a noob to someone else. "you don't play like me... you're a noob" or "omigod you use tornado break and it displeases me...you're a noob" or "golly, you don't have millions of mesata to spend on scape dolls...what a noob" or "I can't believe your PA arts are still under 21...what a noob". Noobs. Will that word ever die?

Tra
Mar 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
On 2007-03-12 11:43, Mattardo wrote:
Another shining example of why respect never works. What is a noob? Something you were at one time? Everyone's a noob to someone else. "you don't play like me... you're a noob" or "omigod you use tornado break and it displeases me...you're a noob" or "golly, you don't have millions of mesata to spend on scape dolls...what a noob" or "I can't believe your PA arts are still under 21...what a noob". Noobs. Will that word ever die?

A noob is when you suck.

Tengoku
Mar 12, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-03-12 06:27, Mio wrote:
I wish you importers where playing on the US servers, really. Everytime I read a Kesara post I more wish to play with her.
It is a joy beyond description. Team-player. Caring. Clever. Compassionate. Pwnination incarnate. Bottled bad-assery. Wicked with a wand. All are apt descriptions and all are true.

/salute

-Ryuki-
Mar 12, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-03-12 11:46, Tra wrote:

On 2007-03-12 11:43, Mattardo wrote:

A noob is when you suck.

As the greatest mind once said..
"OBJECTION!" A noob does NOT mean you suck whatsoever. A "noob", by definition, is someone who thinks they know everything, when they really don't, and bashes other players. Example.

Someone joins a game, is high level. Everyone's getting owned and the high level is making fun of them. They have scapes. High level dies, and doesn't have a scape. High level gets booted, or leaves willingly. That, is a noob.

A newb, is someone who is new to a concept, idea, thing, etc. When the EU players joined the NA players, they were newbs. We get newbs every now and then here on the forums, and eventually they grow out of that title. However, no way in heck does that mean they suck.

So, what were you saying?

Tra
Mar 12, 2007, 01:57 PM
As the greatest mind once said..
"OBJECTION!" A noob does NOT mean you suck whatsoever. A "noob", by definition, is someone who thinks they know everything, when they really don't, and bashes other players. Example.

Inazuma

Someone joins a game, is high level. Everyone's getting owned and the high level is making fun of them. They have scapes. High level dies, and doesn't have a scape. High level gets booted, or leaves willingly. That, is a noob.

You just gave an example of somebody that sucks. Maybe I was being too general, but I pretty much meant FAILURE. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

A newb, is someone who is new to a concept, idea, thing, etc. When the EU players joined the NA players, they were newbs. We get newbs every now and then here on the forums, and eventually they grow out of that title. However, no way in heck does that mean they suck.

So, what were you saying?

and no, I'm not talking about newbies, they're different; they're new lol

Mattardo
Mar 12, 2007, 02:01 PM
Oh so a newbie is not a noob? Seems to be the same relationship in word play. In my experience, any type of booboo or failure or mistake or disagreement on tactics is greeted by cries of noob. It seems to be applied to anything the speaker doesn't agree with. "You use sori-senba? Noob!"

Rashiid
Mar 12, 2007, 02:03 PM
"So happyyyy to-gethh-therrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Ash1ey
Mar 12, 2007, 02:04 PM
On 2007-03-12 12:03, Rashiid wrote:

thats a great song http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Ryuki-
Mar 12, 2007, 02:04 PM
On 2007-03-12 12:03, Rashiid wrote:

XD!!

Tra
Mar 12, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-03-12 12:01, Mattardo wrote:
Oh so a newbie is not a noob? Seems to be the same relationship in word play. In my experience, any type of booboo or failure or mistake or disagreement on tactics is greeted by cries of noob. It seems to be applied to anything the speaker doesn't agree with. "You use sori-senba? Noob!"

you see, when the 11% store-bought sori-senba sucks, and the person says it's good and imposes it on to others, that's your example right there. Rashiid, from the other thread expresses this kind of illogic. Failure. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Doesn't seem to be a new player either, having a lv70+. Doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

DurakkenX
Mar 12, 2007, 02:14 PM
in my opinion the best armor has high dfp and evp and is elementally neutral...however that's not to say i don't see the benefits of having an ice/fire/dark elemental armor. It's just i prefer not to leave myself open one way or another ^.^

A noob is an idiot...an idiot is someone who is ignorant...there are many noobs in the world so it's very hard to say it and not be wrong.

-Ryuki-
Mar 12, 2007, 02:19 PM
Sori-Senba has 4 slots. No other armor (yet) has 4 slots. If you make a Sori yourself, the percentage can be high. If you buy it, it WILL be low. Back before people were hacking, Sori was damn good. Cherry, I know for a fact you were using it at one point in time.

Tra
Mar 12, 2007, 02:20 PM
I have a 44% sori, Ryuki lol

Mattardo
Mar 12, 2007, 02:23 PM
I have never met anyone who ran around and said "Use Sori-senba or you're an idiot." I have met plenty of people and seen plenty of threads dedicated to saying "If you use Sori-senba you're a noob." I think you're confused on WHO is calling WHO noobs. Yes, maybe some people do shout their opinions, but you just ignore them. Still, nobody's every cursed at me for NOT having sori-senba. REally.

-Ryuki-
Mar 12, 2007, 02:24 PM
Point proven. Sori isn't godly, but no way in hell is it noobish to have one.

PJ
Mar 12, 2007, 02:26 PM
This thread has turned into exactly the opposite of what the thread was SUPPOSED to do, and continued to prove the thick elitism here in the PSU section of PSOW.

JAFO22000
Mar 12, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-03-12 12:14, DurakkenX wrote:
...an idiot is someone who is ignorant...

I think you have "idiocy" and "ignorance" as synonyms, and they are not. The above statement is false. Unless you believe everyone in the world is an idiot. Because everyone has ignorance.

-Ryuki-
Mar 12, 2007, 02:30 PM
Respect. You know it. I'll show it. Let's dance. La la la.
But, if you belittle someone, then I have to be the "older brother" and step in.
So, play nice.

Mattardo
Mar 12, 2007, 02:32 PM
Rodney King wanted people to get along. Of course, he had his face beaten in after resisting arrest.

PJ
Mar 12, 2007, 02:34 PM
I dunno, some peoples true colours sure have shone (Past tense shine? Shined? Whatever) in this thread.

I'd rather be the internet jerk that I am, then to be an ELITIST internet jerk. That's even WORSE, cause it's making the game seem like it's lifely-important and shit.

It's nice to know it seems DJ hasn't let elitism hit him :C Or Ryuki

You know, the people who (From the sounds of it, haven't played with them) are good players, and not the ones who talk out of their asses.

DurakkenX
Mar 12, 2007, 02:34 PM
ignorant is someone who know something and chooses to ignore the facts to follow their own beliefs often times leading to negative results such as racism...idiocy is the result of ignorance.

And yup everyone in the world is an idiot...otherwise we wouldn't have the problems we have today.

PJ
Mar 12, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-03-12 12:34, DurakkenX wrote:
ignorant is someone who know something and chooses to ignore the facts to follow their own beliefs often times leading to negative results such as racism...idiocy is the result of ignorance.

And yup everyone in the world is an idiot...otherwise we wouldn't have the problems we have today.

Ignorant is someone who honestly doesn't know something, but not as a result of being dumb.

I don't know who the 8th president of the United States is. That's ignorance.

Idiocy is pretty much what you described.

On 2007-03-12 12:36, RyukiZero wrote:
Let's play sometime, PJ.

It'd probably be pretty hard to get a time when my team isn't full, cause I play with a tight-lock team. But if there's a team and place outside that, why not? XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-03-12 12:38 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 12, 2007, 02:36 PM
Let's play sometime, PJ.

DurakkenX
Mar 12, 2007, 02:40 PM
sorry i use the actual word in its original meaning, not it's more modern age meaning that was created due to people ignoring the fact that it's similiar but not the same, but then was placed in the dictionary as the way most people thought it was.

PJ...I'm elite...not elitist. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Ryuki-
Mar 12, 2007, 02:41 PM
I'm heading to S2 Labs, right this very moment.

akratic
Mar 12, 2007, 02:59 PM
To sum up:

"My friends and I are all very polite and respectful.

Everyone else is stupid."

CyarVictor
Mar 12, 2007, 03:06 PM
But there are still a number of us who are not elitists. People who actually try to have fun on this game. Still try to help others. Alot of times, people get mad or abnoxious is due to the people they have to deal with which causes a general idea of the general population of this game. There is a large number of lazy players who beg and whine. there are others who resort to hacking accounts and scammers others. The majority of this game are not elitists or bastards, but players who just want to have fun that are capable of interacting with others. The only reason it may seem the ooposite is due to small number of scammers and beggers that cause the problems. If you want to be around malicious players, ignore them or leave. It's a game, not real life.

I mean this is why guilds and clans are made: Because they are made up of players who support each other. may seem like: "Oh, hey, clans are bunch of elitist who don't want to get along." WRONG. They are created because each player there is someone they can trust, allow to borrow meseta, allow to borrow weapons, allow to play games without begging. without looting, without being high and mighty. I'm not saying there are times where none of the opposite holds true, but these are the things people have to deal with. Just don't expect others to hold your hand in this game either. Everyone who is up there, anyone who plays this game has made what they have now by hard work. They have played through missions, farmed for items, synthesized, and sold via player shops. If this game was too hard at making meseta, there would be very few people with money.

Plain and simple: It is those few who ruin it for others. It is those few who give the majority a bad rep. It is those few that cause posts like this to pop up.

Just play the game. Ignore the idiots. Play with others. This game was designed for a community base, not elitism and laziness.

Itsuki
Mar 12, 2007, 04:04 PM
On 2007-03-12 11:48, Tengoku wrote:

On 2007-03-12 06:27, Mio wrote:
It is a joy beyond description. Team-player. Caring. Clever. Compassionate. Pwnination incarnate. Bottled bad-assery. Wicked with a wand. All are apt descriptions and all are true.

/salute

Its good to know I'm loved <3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

On 2007-03-12 12:28, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-03-12 12:14, DurakkenX wrote:
...an idiot is someone who is ignorant...

I think you have "idiocy" and "ignorance" as synonyms, and they are not. The above statement is false. Unless you believe everyone in the world is an idiot. Because everyone has ignorance.

Its not necessarily false, it just needs an additional modifier on it. And idiot is someone who is ignorant of what is common sense to others.

dunno, some peoples true colours sure have shone (Past tense shine? Shined? Whatever) in this thread.
Shown. It comes from show, not shine. Or you could have been thinking "shined through" and combined it with "shown" into "shone" or something XD

If you want to hate someone, hate the game and the makers, not some poor soul who is NOT cheating or overpricing goods JUST so he can have 10 scape dolls to please some fucks on a megid run. There's more than an S rank in this game.
I don't know if this is targetting midori or not. But then I would ask the question "is purposely exploiting a bug even though you know its wrong and looked down upon by your peers considered cheating?" Also, I've never been in midori's shop. But it seems like his nature to sell things for the maximum he thinks he can get out of people. So he kind of is cheating AND overpricing.

-Ryuki-
Mar 12, 2007, 04:06 PM
Look at her. Being cute like she always is.

Rashiid
Mar 12, 2007, 04:20 PM
sing along ppl!!

Imagine me and you, I do
I think about you day and night, it's only right
To think about the girl you love and hold her tight
So happy together

If I should call you up, invest a dime
And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

So happy together

Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba

So happy together

So happy together
How is the weather
So happy together
We're happy together
So happy together
Happy together
So happy together
So happy together (ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba)

Zeota
Mar 12, 2007, 08:19 PM
LMAO!
Visions of Yoshi and Mario enter my head. I can't remember what game the commercial was for, though.

Rashiid
Mar 12, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-03-12 18:19, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
LMAO!
Visions of Yoshi and Mario enter my head. I can't remember what game the commercial was for, though.

Super Smash Bros. !!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e9fK38BCAQ

the best commercial ever!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-03-12 18:32 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 08:38 PM
You can't beat that commercial, it is pure h4x.

Zeota
Mar 13, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-03-12 18:27, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-03-12 18:19, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
LMAO!

Super Smash Bros. !!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e9fK38BCAQ

the best commercial ever!!

OH! Smash Bros! THAT's where it was from. Thanks for reminding me.

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah. That was one of the best videogame commercials. Not better than Illbleed's commercial, but definitely up there. That, the insane Dancing Zelda commercial (for how wrong it was), and the Segata Sanshiro ones.