PDA

View Full Version : Crea Doubles... Worth the effort?

Esufer
Mar 11, 2007, 08:20 AM
Right, so I've checked these out, the attack power isn't exactly stunning, and double sabers hit more than one thing anyway. So is it worth gathering all the bits, raising my PM, and synthing one of these? or should I just go for the inevitably cheaper Nightwalker if/when I get hold of one?

Yukichi
Mar 11, 2007, 08:23 AM
Even with a 44% ice, Crea Double, I find the damage very underwhelming. Especially with gravity dance. I only really use double sabers for travel, and certain situations and I say you would be fine with nightwalkers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yukichi on 2007-03-11 06:24 ]</font>

FUFME
Mar 11, 2007, 08:23 AM
Feed it to your PM, Im curious what the + Striking comes out to

Jey
Mar 11, 2007, 08:39 AM
It doesn't take long or cost much (relatively) to raise a striking PM. You might as well have one anyway on one of your character slots since you're a FG. It's going to be awhile before you can even think of equipping one anyway.

Fighgunner damage isn't exactly overwhelming to begin with. I stuck with Double Sabers for AOE because Swords look extremely unwieldy (doesn't fit the mobile fighter image that FG is to me) and Dus Robado eats up way too.much PP (and blocks like a mofo, swords too)

Crea Doubles are really fooking awesome-looking weapons though compared to the double paddles, and the subtle light-saber sfx is a cool touch.

iunno just my opinion. Of course a 50% ice nightwalker is going to be tons better than a 10% ice Doubles on a fire mob, and you're going to be able to grind nightwalkers soon enough.

You're only lv46, I don't see what the harm in attempting to get a board is - Linear Line/FFF is a great source of mp/xp/frags

-Ryuki-
Mar 11, 2007, 09:52 AM
Did you guys bother looking at what the max ATP was on the PA's?
One is 130%, the other is 135%. That isn't much, compared to other
weapons. Plus, the ATP on the weapons themselves, compare not
to the other weapons. I honestly didn't see what the fuss of DS was
all about, and was a bit disappointed when I was able to wield them.
Last thought.. Spiral > Gravity. Gravity's too boring looking. It sickens me.

MayLee
Mar 11, 2007, 12:30 PM
Esufer, I told ya, once im able to to go run A And S rank dragen runs i'll find you some. I have a I got some Crea Doubles just sitting in my PM waiting to be synthed for a friend but I have to level my PM first. Maybe I should do a "Help Kuradobari level again" fund..

Lyrise
Mar 11, 2007, 12:33 PM
People also forget that as a CD is a Kubara weapon, the PA damage comes out -10%. So for something like Tornado dance which peaks off at 175%, you're only getting 165%. This only applies to ALL Kubara Strike weapons.

Neith
Mar 11, 2007, 12:37 PM
I think it's just that not many people know about the PA reduction, not that they forget. To be fair, I've never had a problem with -10% damage (seeing as I use a lot of Kubara weapons).

The Crea Doubles won't be as good as a high % Nightwalker (unless it too has high %'s), and Nightwalkers will be grindable soon, but it'd set you apart from other Fighgunners if you got a legitimate one, seeing as there's so many h4x.

Eliash
Mar 11, 2007, 12:40 PM
For looks, Crea Doubles are nice. For damage, I would suggest looking at a high elemental nightwalker instead. They are easier (sortof) to get and will probably be cheaper.

Mayu
Mar 11, 2007, 12:45 PM
On 2007-03-11 10:40, Eliash wrote:
For looks, Crea Doubles are nice. For damage, I would suggest looking at a high elemental nightwalker instead. They are easier (sortof) to get and will probably be cheaper.

Ryoki
Mar 11, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-03-11 10:33, Lyrise wrote:
People also forget that as a CD is a Kubara weapon, the PA damage comes out -10%. So for something like Tornado dance which peaks off at 175%, you're only getting 165%. This only applies to ALL Kubara Strike weapons.

True, but the double saber has a very useful melee attack, and with it is stronger than a Nightwalker.

BTW: Spiral Dance looks really dumb on a Crea Doubles. How do you shove a blade of light in the ground???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-03-11 11:11 ]</font>

Tiyr
Mar 11, 2007, 01:13 PM
On 2007-03-11 07:52, RyukiZero wrote:
Did you guys bother looking at what the max ATP was on the PA's?
One is 130%, the other is 135%. That isn't much, compared to other
weapons. Plus, the ATP on the weapons themselves, compare not
to the other weapons. I honestly didn't see what the fuss of DS was
all about, and was a bit disappointed when I was able to wield them.
Last thought.. Spiral > Gravity. Gravity's too boring looking. It sickens me.

Important thing to keep in mind with this, Ryuki, is that those numbers don't always mean everything. Reason being, sometimes later parts of a PA will deal dramatically more damage the earlier parts--Gravity dance being a perfect example. That last downward strike deals in the vicinity of double damage. I've hit over 1k to three targets with a seven star with that thing.

Lonzell
Mar 11, 2007, 01:45 PM
Make double crea, use tornado dance on multi target monsters, keel them, that is all.

February
Mar 11, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-03-11 10:30, MayLee wrote:
Esufer, I told ya, once im able to to go run A And S rank dragen runs i'll find you some. I have a I got some Crea Doubles just sitting in my PM waiting to be synthed for a friend but I have to level my PM first. Maybe I should do a "Help Kuradobari level again" fund..

I think you may be confused. Crea Doubles are 10* SRank double sabers and can only be found at Linear Line S. At Dragon S or A you can get Twin Crea Sabers.

XDeviousX
Mar 12, 2007, 12:02 AM
On 2007-03-11 11:45, Lonzell wrote:
Make double crea, use tornado dance on multi target monsters, keel them, that is all.

You can multitarget Tornado Dance anyways...

February
Mar 12, 2007, 12:04 AM
I sure manage to. I Use Tornado Dance a lot while soloing.

And yeah I use Crea Doubles, but only because I Like their look. They are a little stronger than Nightwalkers, but can hit more targets than Nightwalkers.

MaximusLight
Mar 12, 2007, 02:27 AM
did anyone actaully compair them too a nightwalker!? They have about 40 more ATP, go look in the item database ;;_;;

Xeph0n
Mar 12, 2007, 02:34 AM
I have two creas on 360 and ill agree they're not much better than a nightwalker, and only really worth it if you like the looks. They do look awesome and their damage isnt bad by any means. One of the real bonuses of the crea doubles is the fact the regular attack (not the PA) can hit FOUR enemies at once, which makes it extremely useful on mobs when you run out of PP. And naturally, they have a good bit more PP than a nightwalker too .... plus they make a cool sound.

February
Mar 12, 2007, 02:38 AM
On 2007-03-12 00:27, MaximusLight wrote:
did anyone actaully compair them too a nightwalker!? They have about 40 more ATP, go look in the item database ;;_;;

Honestly I think a lot of people assume the crea doubles are weak because the A rank Creas are.

watashiwa
Mar 12, 2007, 04:50 AM
Another thing, should we ever be able to grind S rank weapons, the Crea Doubles will probably get a lot better if they hold the same grinding pattern as other Kubara stuff does. (Kubara items usually yield better grind results than normal weapons of the same rank... it's just very risky to grind them.)

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 12, 2007, 06:52 AM
idk, my 50% light crea doubles are awesome! maybe that's just me though....

THE JACKEL

Eliash
Mar 12, 2007, 07:02 AM
The reason crea doubles are weaker than nightwalker is simply because generally speaking nightwalkers can be synthed with higher elemental percents, it has nothing to do with actual ATP.

The reason for this is because nightwalker boards can be brought from NPC shops, whereas crea doubles are rarer to make (less chances to get a high elemental percent) and so do less damage overall. If the elemental percents were the same, then crea doubles better in several respects.

Nuclearranger
Mar 12, 2007, 09:12 AM
Well it wont be an easy find eather though you should have time to make some nightwalkers and still hunt the crea doubles........

Waberashi
Mar 12, 2007, 11:06 AM
It's all about style. Crea Doubles just look cooler. In the end, isn't that all that matters?

MayLee
Mar 12, 2007, 11:52 AM
On 2007-03-11 21:57, February wrote:

On 2007-03-11 10:30, MayLee wrote:

I think you may be confused. Crea Doubles are 10* SRank double sabers and can only be found at Linear Line S. At Dragon S or A you can get Twin Crea Sabers.

Guh, I always get that mixed up. My bad. >.<