PDA

View Full Version : Great Units for Fortetechers

MayLee
Mar 11, 2007, 12:41 PM
I'll be becoming a Fabulous Fortetecher again pretty soon and I do not want to make the same mistake as a Fortetecher with my old character. Fortetechers have Horrible defence and Health and it's quite easy for us to get KOed/One shotted/Death smacked. I was wondering what types of Units would go well for a Fortetecher to prevent this kind of stuff from happeneing so often.

Eliash
Mar 11, 2007, 12:42 PM
Good elemental armor with mega / rainbow will be the highest defense you will find...

MayLee
Mar 11, 2007, 12:43 PM
I'll be using a Sori Senba, and those things got 11% Ice. o.O

Tiyr
Mar 11, 2007, 12:53 PM
If you're using just a Sori, expect to get death smacked rather often as a newman force.

A lot of people don't really like hearing this, but you're actually better off with even just the vendor-bought B-ranks, as long as they have body slots for the mega / rainbow. Find the highest elemental def armor you can (Gi-senba's very good for ice, as one example) and drop a mega rainbow in. The damage you take from that element will be cut to less than half.

If you want to be more durable, you need multiple suits of armor. For whatever reason ST decided to make elemental % the single most important thing on armor. Personally I think it was a stupid decision, but that doesn't change the reality of it.

If you're really set on not going with ele % armor, your only real option would be a Tero / Guard, which drops from Desert Goliath S.

Ethan-Waber
Mar 11, 2007, 01:57 PM
Get a high element dark shield with head, body, and extra slot. Extra slot for when that heart thing comes out that restores HP =] Body slot slot for the Mega/Rainbow and head slot for any tech raising thing you want.
You want a dark shielf because ice and fire and all that other crap < megid and you want megid protection more than anything on S rank missions.

Astarin
Mar 11, 2007, 01:59 PM
I'll second Tiyr.

I tried just using the strongest armor possible with my Fortetecher, and it just didn't work. Now I carry around 3 different elemental armours, on average, with him. It means I have to plan in advance depending on what area I'm playing, and a lot of mid-battle switching, but it's well worth the effort. It means things don't kill me in 2 good hits on S missions anymore.

Gi-senba is good for ice, Gigaline (I think?) is good for fire, Te-Senba is good for light. All three are NPC purchasable with over 25% of their respective element. Alternatively, you can try synthing whatever you want with an element (try the Hoza-Senba) or hunt the player shops.

Kaloa
Mar 11, 2007, 02:39 PM
The best way to defend yourself is to wear armor of the appropriate element. Sori-Senba isn't good for anything outside of Neudaiz, and even there I'd say fire defense is just as important, if not more important than ice because of the Ollaka's. I can't equip yamata-senba's yet, so I carry around a set of elemental har-senbas, and I choose my armor (element) for each area based on what enemies give me the most trouble and hit the hardest. Equipping a mega/rainbow unit will increase the effectiveness of your armor, but I think you need to worry less about the units and more about the actual armors you plan on equipping.

Rashiid
Mar 11, 2007, 03:22 PM
I understand the percentage thing, but as a force, we switch rods/wands enough tryna heal ppl, we dont hav time to swap armors too.

Maylee, we werent ment to hav high defence >.> better of stickin w/ the sori like me.

edit: typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-03-11 13:34 ]</font>

Kaloa
Mar 11, 2007, 03:28 PM
You don't have to swap armors in a the middle of a mission, but you have more than enough time before you begin a mission to switch over to an armor better suited to defend yourself against the enemies you'll face once you start.

Rashiid
Mar 11, 2007, 03:34 PM
i also hav 2 characters that still need decent weapons, i refuse to spend 500k-1mil for 50% armors and a constand swap of units.

Kaloa
Mar 11, 2007, 04:11 PM
You don't need 50% armors. My highest armor is only a 26%, and alot of my others are under 20%. Still, even with those numbers, I see huge improvements.

But whatever. I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I apologize if I've come off that way. I just think elemental armors are worthwhile investments, and I can't imagine running linear line S or relics wearing an ice armor. *shrugs*

Chaobo99
Mar 11, 2007, 04:15 PM
preferably..im a very expeirianced fortetecher and i dont die to often..I prefer the Hoza-senba as it has 3 slots(head,extra,and body)..for my head i carry a sta/force,body a stella/guard(DEF increaser it helps), and for my extra a Mega/ stamina keeps me from dieing or being frozen to easy. i hope it helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Tiyr
Mar 11, 2007, 04:15 PM
There are any number of reasons you may not WANT to, Rashiid, and that's your prerogative, but the OP asked how she could not die in a couple of hits, and that's the answer.

Buying six B-rank line shields from the vendor, with body slots and 25+% of each element is about the same as buying one 11% Sori. If you don't want to switch armor because you think it's a hassle, fine, whatever, but when someone asks how to be durable--either as a force or in general--that's the best way to do it.

I don't like it either, but it happens to be the case.

Ether
Mar 11, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-03-11 13:22, Rashiid wrote:
as a force, we switch rods/wands enough tryna heal ppl, we dont hav time to swap armors too.
Try putting resta on all your rods, it helps a lot

Maylee, we werent ment to hav high defence >.> better of stickin w/ the sori like me.Please stop giving people awful advice

Rashiid
Mar 11, 2007, 04:18 PM
its ok, for ones like that, i could understand (since its all 1 element)

but, for ones on any other place, theres atleast 3 different elements (cept neudaiz), id rather not worry about my defence doing about 20 less from an attack, + i gotz resta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Mar 11, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-03-11 14:17, Ether wrote:

On 2007-03-11 13:22, Rashiid wrote:
as a force, we switch rods/wands enough tryna heal ppl, we dont hav time to swap armors too.
Try putting resta on all your rods, it helps a lot

Maylee, we werent ment to hav high defence >.> better of stickin w/ the sori like me.Please stop giving people awful advice

would u like to give me photon charges for how much resta costs to cast? no? ok.

and tell me why 7/8's of PSU still use Sori-Senba?

Chaobo99
Mar 11, 2007, 04:21 PM
I still use a hoza-senba up untill now..i prefer non-elemented armor..plus the Hoza doesnt have bad slots..its perfect for me to say the least

Rashiid
Mar 11, 2007, 04:24 PM
yeah Sori keeps me alive alot, i mean comon, IMMA FORCE!

theres no % high enough to keep me from getting POWED in the face.

Chaobo99
Mar 11, 2007, 04:26 PM
actually when did wear the sori..i was pawned much faster than when i wear regular elemental..If i were to spend on new armor..it would be neutral.

Eliash
Mar 11, 2007, 04:28 PM
You don't need to switch armors during a mission, but if you use the armor of the same type of the most dangerous enemy that run you should be able to see a noticable difference.

Sekani
Mar 11, 2007, 04:35 PM
On 2007-03-11 14:18, Rashiid wrote:
but, for ones on any other place, theres atleast 3 different elements (cept neudaiz), id rather not worry about my defence doing about 20 less from an attack, + i gotz resta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

20? More like over 300 less per attack on an S-level mission.

Do what you want, but stop frontin' like neutral armors and Sori-Senbas are anything but crappy for reducing the amount of damage you take.

You can get a Gigaline (26% fire) and a Gi-Senba (28% ice) for around 30k each (if I recall correctly) from the NPC. They will serve you very well through the majority of the game. I wear the Gi-senba on Neudaiz since the barta-spewing mobs are my biggest threat, and the Gigaline just about everywhere else.

I'll probably get some lightning and dark armor in the future, but I'll likely have to synth those myself >_<

EDIT: And I'm sorry but if you think that 7/8 of PSU is still wearing a Sori you're fucking delusional.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-03-11 14:37 ]</font>

Phlamingtoad
Mar 11, 2007, 04:35 PM
Rashiid i really don't think you know what you're talking about either...

I used to run SS Unsafe Passage with a sori, i was getting my ass kicked my megid, and was getting crushed instantly by deljabans.

I now have a TWO STAR shield, 50% dark.

Immune to megid, deljabans now do less than 50 damage per hit, doesn't even knock me down.

Rashiid
Mar 11, 2007, 06:03 PM
On 2007-03-11 14:35, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-03-11 14:18, Rashiid wrote:

20? More like over 300 less per attack on an S-level mission.

Do what you want, but stop frontin' like neutral armors and Sori-Senbas are anything but crappy for reducing the amount of damage you take.

You can get a Gigaline (26% fire) and a Gi-Senba (28% ice) for around 30k each (if I recall correctly) from the NPC. They will serve you very well through the majority of the game. I wear the Gi-senba on Neudaiz since the barta-spewing mobs are my biggest threat, and the Gigaline just about everywhere else.

I'll probably get some lightning and dark armor in the future, but I'll likely have to synth those myself >_<

EDIT: And I'm sorry but if you think that 7/8 of PSU is still wearing a Sori you're fucking delusional.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-03-11 14:37 ]</font>

fraid not mi amigo, went around outside of Lab SS, all i saw were Sori's

yall do wat chall want, but yall are just too much mathmatical geeks about it, its a dam game....

Phlamingtoad
Mar 11, 2007, 06:11 PM
you mean outside LL where all the n00bs and idiots converge to form some sort of super idiotic mass?

yeah- they're probably wearing sori's

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phlamingtoad on 2007-03-11 16:22 ]</font>

MayLee
Mar 12, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-03-11 16:11, Phlamingtoad wrote:
you mean outside LL where all the n00bs and idiots converge to form some sort of super idiotic mass?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phlamingtoad on 2007-03-11 16:22 ]</font>
Haha, they only wish. =

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 12:37 PM
On 2007-03-11 16:11, Phlamingtoad wrote:

Equipped with the me / dipshit unit, they're unstoppable.

Golto
Mar 12, 2007, 01:11 PM
Sori-senba = noob armor no credible way to argue its not. Gi-Senba reduces ice damage more, switching armors doesn't take that long as long as they have the same unit slots. If you're a force no need to use arm unit. Some people here can't do grade 1 math so don't listen to them.

Instead of buying that noob sori-senba you can buy almost 5 different 20%+ element armors from npc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-03-12 11:12 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 12, 2007, 01:38 PM
On 2007-03-12 11:11, Golto wrote:
Sori-senba = noob armor no credible way to argue its not. Gi-Senba reduces ice damage more, switching armors doesn't take that long as long as they have the same unit slots. If you're a force no need to use arm unit. Some people here can't do grade 1 math so don't listen to them.

Instead of buying that noob sori-senba you can buy almost 5 different 20%+ element armors from npc.

i do need an arm slot, for my cards.
body slot? yep, defence and evasion.
extra? Me / HP Restore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

edit: i dont hav it for its %, i hav it for its stats.
Gi-Senba cant touch Sori-Senba's stats, hell i wish it were neutral.....

most fire enemies are smaller ones anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-03-12 11:40 ]</font>

Tra
Mar 12, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-03-12 11:38, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-03-12 11:11, Golto wrote:

i do need an arm slot, for my cards.
body slot? yep, defence and evasion.
extra? Me / HP Restore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

edit: i dont hav it for its %, i hav it for its stats.
Gi-Senba cant touch Sori-Senba's stats, hell i wish it were neutral.....

most fire enemies are smaller ones anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-03-12 11:40 ]</font>

Have fun playing at a much lower level than the rest, noob.

Rashiid
Mar 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
On 2007-03-12 11:42, Tra wrote:

Have fun playing at a much lower level than the rest, noob.

and i barely die and never get booted from parties? yeah ok ima n00b...

PSOW is the only place i see ppl talking about armor %, nobody really cares when they play....

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
Frankly, I like neutral armor, it works fine for me, and if I cant have the armor I want in neutral, I want the lowest percent possible. Because I'm a noob.

MayLee
Mar 12, 2007, 10:57 PM
Geez, Omega. No wonder you were flammable last night during our VoC run. =P

Remedy
Mar 12, 2007, 11:06 PM
My personal suggestion is to utilize a set of six armors of an armor you like (my personal preference is Yamata-senba, but since you're on X360, that may be more expensive). Load up a Mega/Rainbow in it (though I'd prefer Burn/Resist - personal preference there), plus your /Quick unit.

Chaobo99
Mar 13, 2007, 12:02 AM
Stop calling people noob..most of my friends have sori/senba cause they want the highest possible armor available....i personally prefer hoza senba cause of its non-elemental but i hardly get hit anyways i have a knack for dodging..i dunno why x_x

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 07:51 AM
On 2007-03-12 20:57, MayLee wrote:
Geez, Omega. No wonder you were flammable last night during our VoC run. =P

No way, that was totally for you.

MayLee
Mar 13, 2007, 03:24 PM
Lies and slander. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif