PDA

View Full Version : M Newman WT, Gi or Dam techs (Foie and Diga only)

Hero-Break
Mar 11, 2007, 07:52 PM
This is only for Foie and Diga, not Barta...

Though Dam techs are often considered a much better option for the amount of damage done, and the SE 3, I often find myself questioning if Damfoie and Damdiga are worth it... The reason? EVP, just like with Skills PA if you block while in the animation of a Damtech, it stops it completely, thus only letting you get one or two hits and not the full combo. This can be a huge problem on fast moiving Enemy's with us only getting the lv 2 range.

My questtion is to other WT and FT, what are your options on this matter. As always thanks for the replys.

Rashiid
Mar 11, 2007, 08:38 PM
damdiga has flinch and poison, my favorite dam spell.

damfoie doesnt flinch, so enemies can pierce right thru it, but stull good.

only like waht, 6,500m? id say just grab em.

pokefiend
Mar 11, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'd get all four of em. but my preferences are Gidiga, and Damfoie.

Ryno
Mar 11, 2007, 09:02 PM
i only use 2... Gidiga and Foie (Lv 30 ) ( even tho those are my only 2 ) since i'm mostly a support force.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-03-11 19:03 ]</font>

Inazuma
Mar 11, 2007, 09:38 PM
in a situation where you know your gonna get hit a lot, maybe you shouldnt use damu techs. but under the right conditions, they are very good.

kevington
Mar 11, 2007, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't recommend Dam techs to non-Fortetechers. Having the cap at 20 makes them not worth your time, in my opinion. I like both techs at 21+, but until then, not so much.

DoubleK93
Mar 11, 2007, 09:43 PM
I don't use the damu techniques..... I only use my helping spells and Gi spells.

Hero-Break
Mar 11, 2007, 10:54 PM
In response to Inazuma's statement, thats part of my probelm with the Damtechs, they can really only be used on slow moiving monsters with WT due to their poor range and slow start up, and for the fact that block = end of tech.

majan
Mar 11, 2007, 11:01 PM
my advice is not to go with dam techs at all,because at higher levels they drain your PP like crazy,and as a wartecher only being able to use wands,your gonig to run out very very fast.I dont play wartecher so wartchers out there know better htan me,but if I hada guess,I would go with something else-gidiga and foie are a rather good combo.but on the other hand.. wartechers can tank more damage htan forces so dam-techs are a rather good option because your always on the frontlines using dam-types and while fortetechers will be getting flip flopped around the map using dambarta and the like,you wartechers are a little more fit for those types of spells.

its really a toss up but if I hada guess I would go against the dam-types I think,in a wartecher's case.

Tsavo
Mar 11, 2007, 11:13 PM
The gi spells would be a better all around choice for WT. However, I've got lvl 20 dambarta and lvl 11 damdiga on mine and I must say that they are awesome in certain situations. I use them mainly at choke points monsters must pass to get to me or in corridors like LL. In LL I'll often charge into that one long hallway where all the deljabans spawn at the end and laydown a dam spell, causing the monsters to get stuck flinching as they spawn while my ranger buddy shreds em with his laser cannon. Works like a charm really. Dam spells aren't so great for the hoppy enemies and fast critters though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsavo on 2007-03-13 16:32 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Mar 13, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-03-11 18:38, Rashiid wrote:
damdiga has flinch and poison, my favorite dam spell.

damfoie doesnt flinch, so enemies can pierce right thru it, but stull good.

only like waht, 6,500m? id say just grab em.

Damn strait! Damdiga has knock back so dont worry bout that one getting interrupted.