PDA

View Full Version : Asking a genuine question

McLaughlin
Mar 11, 2007, 10:52 PM
Does anyone on the 360 have a Halarod, or anyone on PC/PS2 have proof of it dropping? A friend of mine has done countless runs of Demons Above S, and hasn't seen a single drop. I checked around in stores and nothing came up. I'm sure if it someone had one it'd be for sale/on display. I'm starting to think it's hacked. Maybe it's not available on the 360 (for whatever reason)?

This isn't here to start a war. I'm asking out of sheer curiosity. I'm sure my friend would love to know too, so he can stop/continue his runs.

Again, no flames. Just an answer.

hans4
Mar 11, 2007, 10:59 PM
naa me friend isnt a hacker and he got one....i think ya have to sysnthisis

Umberger
Mar 11, 2007, 11:00 PM
I've never seen it in stores either...and no one mention BlackBoy's ad...he has every part of the weapon wrong (# of stars, PP and TP).

I've seen countless Crea Doubles, boards for it, and even people that had them equipped. I would assume it's because Demons Above S is a very unpopular mission, if anything. I don't think it's hacked, because many people on PC have them and received no penalties during the server wipe (Dj and Cherry for instance)...but just very very rare...mainly because, let's just face it, nearly no one runs Demons Above S on the 360 servers.

EDIT: And just a note to hans4, yes, the "known" drop for the US/EU servers is that the board for it drops from a Demons Above S boss box. It also drops from level 100+ Jarbas from what I remember, but we won't get that luxury until we have Mad Beasts S2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2007-03-11 21:04 ]</font>

Weakness
Mar 11, 2007, 11:02 PM
I can attest to seeing it drop from "Demon's From Above S."

Was a random group, and someone else got it. But I have in fact seen the board drop before.

McLaughlin
Mar 11, 2007, 11:10 PM
Does anyone have a screenshot?

Not to be an ass, but PC/PS2 people say they've found it, while the 360 users have seen neither hide nor hair of it. Conflicting statements cause confusion, and photo proof would be reassuring.

Stezan
Mar 11, 2007, 11:37 PM
I have a question. When the item sweep occured on the servers, were all hacked weapons wiped, or just unreleased weapons?

If it was just unreleased weapons, it could account for the larger amount of Halarods.

Itsuki
Mar 11, 2007, 11:43 PM
It should have been unreleased and weapons with incorrect stats.

You have to understand a bit of how PSU saves the data to the server. Basically speaking, ATP, ATA, and PP are seperate variables from the actual weapon. Because of this, some hacked weapons have incorred atp, ata, or pp. And unless they are grinded in the correct way, they also may have incorrect stats from the grinding aswell. Anything with obscurities should have been whiped.

9lotus
Mar 12, 2007, 12:09 AM
all 11*, 12* items were wiped, along with things such as S+X grinders

as far as I know, all 10* weapons were wiped, except the following: halarod, carriguine-rucar, crea doubles, blackbull, kohibumiteri

those are the only ones I've seen after the wipe

Sychosis
Mar 12, 2007, 12:35 AM
I might just have to hunt me some Onma S...

McLaughlin
Mar 12, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-03-11 21:43, Itsuki-chan wrote:
It should have been unreleased and weapons with incorrect stats.

You have to understand a bit of how PSU saves the data to the server. Basically speaking, ATP, ATA, and PP are seperate variables from the actual weapon. Because of this, some hacked weapons have incorred atp, ata, or pp. And unless they are grinded in the correct way, they also may have incorrect stats from the grinding aswell. Anything with obscurities should have been whiped.

Right, but is the Halarod released or not? I've seen nothing to suggest it's (or the Rucar's) existence on the 360 servers.

Does anyone have a picture?

February
Mar 12, 2007, 12:38 AM
Someone on the 360 actually had one on here one day. Try doing a search for it. It is a legitiment board drop

Kimil
Mar 12, 2007, 02:41 AM
I've seen the Crea-Doubles Board Drop, of course I didn't get it, but what ever, I'm not a FG, so it didn't matter to me.
But Halarod? Nope. Why? No one bother with that fugly flying fuck >.<

Tahldon
Mar 12, 2007, 12:53 PM
The only Halarod I've seen on the 360 Servers is the Halarod that my Partner Machine has.

JAFO22000
Mar 12, 2007, 02:38 PM
I've never seen one on 360 either. In a shop or on a person. I've heard people say that they've seen one drop, or that they saw it from a friend of a friend of a friend....I have never seen one with mine own eyes, though.

Krisan
Mar 12, 2007, 02:56 PM
Hasn't this been a known drop for ages now? I mean, it is a rare, so you're probably not going to find a ton of people who have seen it drop first hand, but yea, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone question its legitimacy.. And besides that, as has been already said, that mission really isn't a popular one, so that decreases the chance of seeing it in the shops (those that specifically go there for the rod, likely keep it for themselves), and plus.. it is a board drop, that means you're not even guaranteed to successfully synth one.. and let's not even get into grinding. >_>

There is a reason they're called rares after all.
All that said, if you're still not satisfied, then.. oh well. Trying to get solid proof of it dropping (a screenshot? other than the fact those can be faked easily, I don't think everyone is quite so trigger happy with the screenshot key to catch it when it drops..) seems next to nil in a possibility to me, rares are hard to prove as really dropping.. you usually have to go by word of mouth and trust that, like everyone else.

JAFO22000
Mar 12, 2007, 03:01 PM
Well, the question is raised because NOBODY seems to have one. We've seen Crea Doubles. We've seen the Blackheart. We've seen the Sori-Force and all other rare units. We've seen the Deghana Cannon. But where is the Halarod??

McLaughlin
Mar 12, 2007, 03:51 PM
Demons Above is actually pretty popular. I see several people doing it all the time.

And I know it's a rare, but someone's BOUND to have it with the number of people we have. I never even see people mention it, like they don't even know of its existence. It's really odd to me how no one has one on the 360 servers, and the people on the PC/PS2 servers who advocate them (DJ and Cherry) seem to have come to own one via "a friend".

It's really not hard to snap a picture as the rare scrolls up the screen. You'd think someone would WANT to in order to prove it's legitimate.

Sychosis
Mar 13, 2007, 01:03 AM
On 2007-03-11 22:38, February wrote:
Someone on the 360 actually had one on here one day. Try doing a search for it. It is a legitiment board drop

The search function is rather lacking on PSOW :/

Chaobo99
Mar 13, 2007, 01:10 AM
maybe everyone failed the synth or once they got it they were excited on popping it inside their PM..and failed or never made it x_x..of course counting the people who do omna..people DO do it but its not a very popular run where every rare in it imagineable is picked..

Itsuki
Mar 13, 2007, 02:18 AM
You know, I don't think I've seen any pictures of a halarod dropping off of Onma on the jp server... I'm 9x% sure it does, but, I don't really have proof. But at the same time, I have some pictures that don't look hacked of some weapons people have never even claimed existed. (I have a picture of a 10* axe board dropping off of fakis for example)

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2007, 02:37 AM
As well as being rare, isn't the 10* rod numan only? This would limit the amount of them by quite a bit, I would think.

Itsuki
Mar 13, 2007, 02:43 AM
On 2007-03-13 00:37, Zorafim wrote:
As well as being rare, isn't the 10* rod numan only? This would limit the amount of them by quite a bit, I would think.

Unless you're a partner machinery. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (451 == Female Cast carrying Halarod)

Halarods aren't something I truthfully think people should be worrying about though. I mean, something like CRs are uber rares. But in a few weeks, you all will be able to hunt Halarods off of Jarba. Since Jarba's level 100+ drop is Halarod boards.

McLaughlin
Mar 13, 2007, 02:48 AM
It'd just be nice to be able to tell my friend he's not hunting down the Holy Grail. Thanks for the info Itsuki.

Remedy
Mar 13, 2007, 03:41 AM
Besides, the Gaozoran Rod owns the Halarod in every department - TP, PP, looks, AND usability by any race. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

RadiantLegend
Mar 13, 2007, 08:00 AM
On 2007-03-13 00:18, Itsuki-chan wrote:
You know, I don't think I've seen any pictures of a halarod dropping off of Onma on the jp server... I'm 9x% sure it does, but, I don't really have proof. But at the same time, I have some pictures that don't look hacked of some weapons people have never even claimed existed. (I have a picture of a 10* axe board dropping off of fakis for example)

;o can i see this pic...

Itsuki
Mar 13, 2007, 10:06 AM
I figured one day, somebody might claim they got it, and the line "pic or it didn't happen" could come up. So I saved the pictures in advance.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/psu2691.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/psu2667.jpg