PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Programme Detected as Game Hack!

sugarfox
Mar 12, 2007, 06:51 AM
nProtect Gameguard on the surface seems like a good idea until it starts to interrupt your normal everyday game play. So the other day I'm playing in window mode and I decide to send a text to a friend, I'm half way through doing S rank Holy grounds on my own (This takes some effort cuz of those big ugly bats) I start up "My phone Explorer" and I get booted out the game? I'm wondering how many other perfectly innocent programmes out there are being detected as potential hacker activity. And (I can't believe I'm saying this as they would probably make a terrible job of it but) isn't it about time Sega invested in there own security system? At the very least released a list of programmes currently detected by Gameguard as potential hacker activity to prevent the types of scenario as described above happening to there gamers. Its dam irritating to say the least!

If you have experienced programmes that cause you to be kicked out of the game post'em here.

"My Phone Explorer" - Game Hack Detected

http://eng.nprotect.com/images/title_gameguard.gif

All about nProtect Gameguard.

General Recommended
CPU : Pentium or higher
RAM : 64 MB or higher
HDD : 2MB of free space

General Recommended
CPU : Pentium or higher
RAM : 256 MB or higher
HDD : 2MB or more of free space

* Malicious code diagnosis and blocking
* Blocks Auto-mouse and Macro program
* Blocks access and manipulation attempts to the game client
* Self protection of security module
* Detects Speed hack
* Optimized CPU occupancy rate

Major Clients

INSREA - MU , GAMANIA - Lineage , Taiwan Index - Seal Online , Telecom Asia - PristonTale , UnionFriend - RYL Online , Winner Online - RYL Online , Sega - Phantasy Star Online , NewEra - MU , YOUXILAND DIGITL - RYL Online , Maya Online - PristonTale , Lyto - Ragnarok , Jinyutianli Soft - G.T.H. online , Cib Net Station Sdn. Bhd - RYL Online

Why so many updates?
With poorly implemented code in each update comes a new wave of vulnerabilitys. This is dew to the way that the game is scripted.

Know security issues.
Local vulnerability - Unrestricted I/O access. (this vulnerability has not as yet been patched but as it is local and not remote I wouldn't let it bother you)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sugarfox on 2007-03-12 04:52 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
Mar 12, 2007, 09:34 AM
Im sorry that you had this missfortune but I dont think they should dump it. Its working allright right now accualy and while your playing PSU you should ..... Play psu and have maybe an Instant messenger open with some media player.

GG for once in its sad sad life is accualy stoping hacks and I hope it continues and grows. Breaches in local security are nothing and really if your on psu why would you be surfing the internet and letting this stuff happen plus its only localy...

All in all Gameguard is a good thing and no matter what you say, think, or do sega will-not-dump-it.

To many people complane about this and yet have no idea what kind of work it would take sega to create somthing like this. They try to make there own??? How about having them make there own loosing tons of money and you not getting updates on PSU for over a year while this is in DEV?

Sorry I kinda started to rant but GG isnt going away and sega wont make there own due to time and money.

Jinu_San
Mar 12, 2007, 12:58 PM
gameguard is useless.. it really is I mean I was told that people can remove game guard anyway so what is the point in haveing it if people can just bypass it?. I Know its true because I had seen it once.. I never used it my self.. but i seen it..

amtalx
Mar 12, 2007, 01:01 PM
Its probably better that it's oversensetive than undersensitive...although I cant say from personal experience. Im on the 360 servers.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 12, 2007, 05:14 PM
I know what you mean, everything with gameguard has problems. Norton antivirus crashes upon exit of PSU and so i'm only allowed to open the program twice before I'm forced to reboot. There's some kind of weird buffer overflow that happens whenever I turn on my DVD player to watch a dvd on monitor #2 and the results of what happens on screen are ...

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9711/psutextures2af5.th.jpg (http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psutextures2af5.jpg)

Then 5 seconds later blue screen. The problem is now I know that there's actually a texture file for all of the hud and damage numbers that show up on screen...

natewifi
Mar 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
On 2007-03-12 10:58, Jinu_San wrote:
gameguard is useless.. it really is I mean I was told that people can remove game guard anyway so what is the point in haveing it if people can just bypass it?. I Know its true because I had seen it once.. I never used it my self.. but i seen it..

You cant base things off of what he ses, she ses because they could be lying. Gamegaurd is working fine. How exactly would you know for yourself, just from hearing what someone else told you? There's not really much hacker activity going on right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-03-12 15:50 ]</font>