PDA

View Full Version : Protranser soloing is like having teeth pulled.

Esufer
Mar 12, 2007, 08:55 AM
Sooo... at the moment, I can cost effectively solo (basically without traps)...

C rank missions.

Gah!

So I'm on protranser level 2, trying to solo to 3, because SOME PEOPLE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED T_T (i still love you guys. so does Eliot.)

Are spamming Lab SS2.

So basically I'm frozen at 47/2. Which is not awesome.

I realise I could level to 55, and go play with them, but if I join in a higher party, I just get told. "OMG, GET BTR EQUIPMNT NUB."

When I'm already using the best I can. And still doing a fair amount of damage. So I've been trying to do HIVE B's with all the level 15-20's who don't know what they're doing right, and they always, ALWAYS ruin the rank with Megid, and go "WTF MAAAAN", then leave straight away. If you can't dodge Megid... don't. go. to. the. HIVE. kthx.

So, anyone got any ideas I can do to get some decent mission points? Because this is actually horrible, and I don't know what to do. I've run so low on money I'm selling my Hounds Gear as well. T___T

(I want to buy Revsys again anyway, but that's beside the point!)

and also... do you think Protransers will get Whips?

Sc0pe
Mar 12, 2007, 08:59 AM
I know the feeling

PT lvl 1/ level 35/

Eliash
Mar 12, 2007, 08:59 AM
OMG, GET BTR EQUIPMNT NUB!

Seriously, go level to 55 first and then spam Lab S2. 159 mission points should breeze you by the first 3-4 level relatively fast...and then you should be decent!

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 09:00 AM
Protransers should get whips (AND DOUBLE SABERS, DAMMIT)

But yeah, I think you'll find having your teeth pulled is far worse than soloing as an underpowered (atleast to start off) class in an online game.

Esufer
Mar 12, 2007, 09:01 AM
I got to level two, with some help from friends, but they're all busy now, capping everything. T_T

I might just sell everything and use traps to get there.

Believe it or not, I've been criticized by another Protranser for using traps.
XD

I've had teeth pulled. It was better than this, because the pain only lasted for days. >_>

And I can't get to 55! I'm too poo to get decent experience.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reigast on 2007-03-12 07:02 ]</font>

Eliash
Mar 12, 2007, 09:02 AM
Not many people realize this but...I use Twin Pistols and Burn Traps on my Fighgunner...SHHHH!

Esufer
Mar 12, 2007, 09:03 AM
On 2007-03-12 07:02, Eliash wrote:
Not many people realize this but...I use Twin Pistols and Burn Traps on my Fighgunner...SHHHH!

You're gonna go to hell!

And then I'm gonna go back upstairs and you're gonna powerlevel me. >_>

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2007, 09:04 AM
On 2007-03-12 07:03, Reigast wrote:

On 2007-03-12 07:02, Eliash wrote:

You're gonna go to hell!

And then I'm gonna go back upstairs and you're gonna powerlevel me. >_>

And since WHEN has using Twin Gunnies been a bad thing???????

You anger the Twin Gunnie Gods, and Stints would be rolling in his retirement bed. (He's still alive, you know)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-12 07:07 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 09:04 AM
I only use traps on Lab recovery S2, that way it's actually cost effective for me.

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 09:05 AM
On 2007-03-12 07:04, Akaimizu wrote:

Since fighgunners could use double sabers, DUH.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 12, 2007, 09:06 AM
If you are ONLY after quick MP, then your best choice is-

Moonlight Beast C, the Zoal Goug mission at Kego Clearing[Neudaiz], it's 15 MP per S-rank.

Edit- spelled 'after' as 'arfet' >>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garanz-Baranz on 2007-03-12 07:10 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2007, 09:08 AM
On 2007-03-12 07:05, omegapirate2k wrote:

I don't care if you could use a God Slayer for Hitpoints sword, Twin Gunnies do a gunner good. It should be a complete part of your South-Western Breakfast.

Esufer
Mar 12, 2007, 09:08 AM
On 2007-03-12 07:06, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
If you are ONLY arfet quick MP, then your best choice is-

Moonlight Beast C, the Zoal Goug mission at Kego Clearing[Neudaiz], it's 15 MP per S-rank.

Now that's what I needed to hear. *disappear*

Esufer
Mar 12, 2007, 09:10 AM
AKAIIIIIMIIZZZZUUU.

It's an in-joke.

...so nerr.

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 09:10 AM
On 2007-03-12 07:08, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2007-03-12 07:05, omegapirate2k wrote:

I don't care if you could use a God Slayer for Hitpoints sword, Twin Gunnies do a gunner good. It should be a complete part of your South-Western Breakfast.

You know what, if I didn't already use twin gunnies, I would SOOOO disagree with you.

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2007, 09:13 AM
On 2007-03-12 07:10, Reigast wrote:
AKAIIIIIMIIZZZZUUU.

It's an in-joke.

...so nerr.

And I'm being in-character so Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt!!!!

fgfdsas
Mar 12, 2007, 09:15 AM
go to eastern peril

Nuclearranger
Mar 12, 2007, 09:16 AM
I was accualy thinking of getting my Male cast Nuke* to protranser while we were at lab for the time being, So many class levels!!!!

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 12, 2007, 09:17 AM
On 2007-03-12 07:15, fgfdsas wrote:
go to eastern peril

That only gives 1 MP more then Moonlight Beast on C, and it's slower, so, GOOOOOO MOONLIGHT CCCCCCCCC

biggabertha
Mar 12, 2007, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the initial grind. The main thing about being a Protranser is the patience needed for the class. Yes, you have bad statistics to begin with but since you're a Cast, you're fine with the two most important statistics that you need to solo. The only thing that you're lacking is MST but that's not really a big thing. Anyway, I'd just recommend you to use highly ground 3* C weapons to keep costs down for recharging. THe only bad thing about this is the accuracy and as Protransers, we don't have very good Accuracy at that point.

My recommendation is not to do missions that need you to go miles out of your way but do things like Valley of Carnage C, Mine Defence C then Tunnel recapture gets me 31 mission points in one hour and it's very easy to do for under an hour of work. The other thing to do is either Hive C for 9 mission points for fifteen minutes of work or Mad Creatures C/B and Sleeping Warriors C for 10 points initially and then 6 points per Sleeping Warriors. The good thing about Sleeping Warriors is that it's absolutely amazing for PA leveling for ALL the weapons a Protranser can use.

Don't worry about how everyone is accelerating ahead of you. Don't worry about that. There is no other class without as much versatlity as a Protranser. Like martial arts, you can compare Protranser to Tai Chi and every other expert job to all the majority of other martial arts. Most martial arts start with force and move onto the softer and calmer tones of action when you have mastered the techniques. Tai Chi however, starts with the softer stuff first then moves onto the forceful techniques and that's how a Protranser is.

You just have to duke it out for the first two job levels. Once you get to Protranser 3, you can equip Grenade Launchers and Laser Cannons at that point and get used to these weapons. Once you get to Protranser 5 or 6, you'll be able to equip Axes and at Protranser 6, you get your full accuracy back as well as a lot of HP. So long as you can get to Protranser 6, you start your real job then of testing out your job class. You can't really get a good feel for a Protranser before that though.

Aremaitch
Mar 12, 2007, 01:03 PM
WT's been slow going too. When you're only level 39 the level 70's+ don't want anything to do with you.

Well, most of them anyway.

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2007, 01:06 PM
It's a tiny bit inbetween seasons, for PSU. Not a lot of early-mid to mid-levelers at the moment. It's probably heavily weighed at either near the very top, or near the very bottom. Probably explains why certain *still-good* materials don't sell well at all, because they're good for making stuff for those 20-45s.

Things will cycle around soon enough, thank goodness for alts.

Raysa
Mar 12, 2007, 01:10 PM
That Eastern Peril Mission in Neudaiz gives 20MP at B. The one where you fight a similar looking boss to the one in Moatoob.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 12, 2007, 01:11 PM
you all ust be PS2/PC folks. There are a ton of level 30 somethings running around looking for missions (and mission points) on the 360. I started running with my alt to have some fun with them, even.

Aremaitch
Mar 12, 2007, 01:59 PM
Nope. 360.

I'd love to find a new group at a similar level to party with. The group I used to hang with have mostly moved on to other 360 games.