PDA

View Full Version : Killer Shot, Megid, and Courtesy to Party members

Rizen
Mar 13, 2007, 04:26 AM
Since the whole buzz of Killer Shot and Megid has been circulating around the forums, I thought that I might make this topic.

As you may know, Killer Shot and Megid has a chance to kill enemies in one hit. Granted that it is a great ability to have in hand, people can abuse it and/or be rather be a jerk about using it. There have been known cases where people will run ahead of a group or go off alone just to get a chance to kill enemies or "level the bullet" before the others can catch up.

Personally, I don't mind if a person in party uses Killer Shot or Megid, but acts like that really steam me, especially when people are trying to get experience and asked to try to allow people to tag before using it. Ever since Incapacitation effect came out, some people's egos grew a bit too large for their own good (mostly a few rangers with Killer Shot). They forget about the team and think about themselves.

Now on the other hand, if the party doesn't mind and was going for MP and Meseta (as many do when capped), it would be rather good to do so.

Point of this topic is, as stated in the title, is just be mindful of your party members, regardless of what ability you use. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Also, I don't mean to generalize every person with Killer Shot and Megid into category of being rude, and sorry if it comes out that way.

Feel free to discuss and put your opinion in on this.

Edit: Oops http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Fixed title, 5AM is too early for me to be posting

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-03-13 02:36 ]</font>

Tra
Mar 13, 2007, 04:37 AM
incoming 10 page elitism topic

oh, killer shot... lol I can kill faster than killer shot

Rizen
Mar 13, 2007, 04:40 AM
On 2007-03-13 02:37, Tra wrote:

Oh believe me, I know many people who can. Nothing special there. Reason I say regardless of what ability you use. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 13, 2007, 04:47 AM
Is megid's SE that effective for Techers to run out in a different direction to get Killing Blows? ( I haven't really leveled my megid ever since the level 80 cap came out.)

I just started to hear about people running off alone with killer shot mainly, but many should know that you have the right to tell your party members your opinion. You can't just let someone take advantage of the situations.

Just give them a couple warnings and if they don't listen then a boot will succeed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Eleina
Mar 13, 2007, 04:53 AM
Megid only gets SE lv 3 but its multi hit like zonde (hum yes its like zonde..) & i don't find it as effective as killer shot so no risk of me running off & using it but as cherry stated we can kill faster with other techs! i just play the way the party needs me to do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 13, 2007, 05:36 AM
I mean, I run off on LL and Hive missions and kill groups of enemies myself with my Crea Doubles, because I do so much damage with them. I mean, using Tornado dance it does 400 damage, and each normal swing does 250 damage! I'm only level 64 and I've solo'd LL S2. Granted I did die a number of times, but it wasn't impossible, just annoying cause of how damn fast they are.

Some people just like to think they're awesome cause they have a one hit kill weapon.

THE JACKEL

fgfdsas
Mar 13, 2007, 07:45 AM
Megid sucks, so does killer shot.

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 07:48 AM
Haha, from what I've seen of both, I've only ever seen megid kill one rappy. THATS IT.

amtalx
Mar 13, 2007, 08:01 AM
Ive seen a lot of people using their Killer Shot and Megid improperly. I think some thought they would be able to run about and 1 shot everything with no worries. If they are used a the the right time they are invaluable, and huge setback when used at the wrong time. I was in a party with 3 rangers all using Killer Shot (myself included) in Groves. It absolutely tears through robots when you have that many rangers using it in a situation where its advantageous. The whole mission was a breeze. Outside of that and some of the more irritating 20 STA monsters, just put the Killer Shot away and use a more appropriate bullet.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 13, 2007, 08:12 AM
they can go ahead with their killer shot, I love my twin mayalee. It seems to hit every enemy easily, so I can't complain. I'll end up having one gun as mayalee, then another as a twin element. If the enemy is weak against guns, mayalee then use the element, otherwise mayalee then physical attacks! They die easily enough... except S2

THE JACKEL

Siertes
Mar 13, 2007, 10:45 AM
I only use my Killer Shot for robots and never go on alone. All it takes is one stubborn bot (And every run has at least two -_-) to make me run out of PP and I'd like other people around when that happens.

Haven't had any complaints so far.

Neith
Mar 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
I would've thought it common sense?

I use Killer Shot a lot in parties, but only against bots and things like Ageetas. Sure, my Killer Shot is only low level, so that's about all I can kill with it, but at high level, large mobs are probably best burned/infected, rather than shooting away for 3 rifles trying for an instant-kill.

Although I will say that Megid and Killer Shot are not as much an annoyance as Dambarta. Even without instant-kill, I find Dambarta Lv21+ prevents Hunters from even seeing what we're trying to attack.

Running ahead to level the bullet is hogging, and moreover, is stupid. If you want to level bullets that badly, solo.

Edit: lol @ people saying Killer Shot sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-03-13 08:58 ]</font>

_Deliverance_
Mar 13, 2007, 11:01 AM
There's a lot of noobs out there Uriko...fact.

Sychosis
Mar 13, 2007, 11:18 AM
lol @ fTs playing Rambo.

Also lol @ Megid killing things.

CyarVictor
Mar 13, 2007, 11:19 AM
I run with a gunner who had a lv8 Killer Shot in S GoF and he was killing bots quickly. We didn't mind cause we were still getting exp, but we were there mainly for the Degahna Canoon Board. Sure there is courtesy in allowing people to get their tags in, keep in mind that killer shot and megid still won't auto kill off the back on most enemies.

Soukosa
Mar 13, 2007, 02:42 PM
This is like those melee skills that shove enemies all over. People need to be considerate of others but that doesn't mean everyone will. These do have their uses though, just not as an ultimate killing power that some people seem to think it is >.>

On 2007-03-13 02:37, Tra wrote:

Says the fT asshole elitist themselves http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

natewifi
Mar 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
Why are u playing at 5 am? on a tuesday? a weekday when work, college, school, other LIFE based things have to be dealt wit? Btw I hate when people try to kill everything for no reason, OCD maybe?..."gotta killem first, GOTTA KILLEM FIRST!"

Golto
Mar 13, 2007, 03:54 PM
I do use killer shot a lot in Lab Recovery S2 but I usually get in a room last so most people get tagging done. I never spilt from the group and go in another direction to lvl killer shot. If I really wanted to lvl killer shot soloing would be better so I could go at my own pace. I don't use killer shot on the big mobs because that is just stupid. My killer shot is lvl 18 so SE lvl 3 insta-kill does work well on badiras (maybe 5-8%) but not that well on Volfus or Mizuras.