PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt anyone use cards?

Phetty
Mar 13, 2007, 06:39 AM
Why dont Fortetechers take advatage of these? The out damage a Fortegunner using Phantoms and Phantom Line. Not to mention you can strafe and it locks on. Itll work alot better then Dambarta which is all I ever see people using on Jarbas.

Tsavo
Mar 13, 2007, 06:50 AM
Well with their incredible accuracy I too wonder why I don't see more fTers running around with cards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'll need some proof though before I believe that they can outdamage fG, with the phantom set no less.

Kinfante
Mar 13, 2007, 07:20 AM
I am a pure TECH fT.

fgfdsas
Mar 13, 2007, 07:42 AM
I use them rarely. Usually on Jarbas when i have to resta spam/reverser. Other then that they're really weak and i dont feel like leveling them since im still working on other stuff.

Eleina
Mar 13, 2007, 07:46 AM
I use them all the time ^.^ paired with a nice wand! probably coz not having the quick unit for ages i had to use wands for slightly faster casting

SakuraJr
Mar 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
I use them too! When I was a guntecher I used them all the time as well.

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 08:00 AM
What, are you serious? I see them used all the time, fortetechers LOVE using these if they have wands.

Dhylec
Mar 13, 2007, 08:03 AM
I built my WT just to use that first. It might be a bit slow, but with homing & multiple hits, it's a very nice weapon.

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2007, 08:11 AM
I find it nice. I used to see it all the time from ForteTechers. However, as a Guntecher, I really haven't put them in my combination of weapons. Part of the reason is the Limited PAs you have, so I need to be selective. On the other hand, our weapon set allows us to have different weapon choices based on personal choices.

For the GT, you basically have a choice between which utilitarian weapons you want to use, and which High Power attack you want, and which SE4 Status Effect tool you want to use. Some choices are made in-character, while you do your best to fill out the rest. Either way, you'll do fine as long as you cover the simple options.

My main reason for not using cards is the lack of major benefit for my style and the nature of how they're fired. They are sort of the lock-on fire and let drift variety, and definitely not the weapon of a Sharpshooter extraordinaire. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Useful? Absolutely, they are. But there are good valid alternatives.

Tahldon
Mar 13, 2007, 08:32 AM
On 2007-03-13 05:20, Kinfante wrote:
I am a pure TECH fT.

My thoughts exactly.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 13, 2007, 09:16 AM
Im thinking of making making my human a wartecher mainly for the longbows and cards, and maybe support techs while he's mostly gonna do melee. do you guys think this is a good idea?

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 13, 2007, 09:22 AM
On 2007-03-13 07:16, Shiroryuu wrote:
Im thinking of making making my human a wartecher mainly for the longbows and cards, and maybe support techs while he's mostly gonna do melee. do you guys think this is a good idea?

If you're gonna make a mostly melee wartecher, and not actually use techs, or ranged weapons much, you might as well make a melee class. They're not exactly strong physically, so unless you're actually going to use techs.... yeah...

THE JACKEL

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 09:24 AM
Man, when mags come out, Dizas+Melee = win

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2007, 09:40 AM
I pack em on my Guntecher. Fun little things....

February
Mar 13, 2007, 09:43 AM
Pretty much every techer I know uses them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

-Rune-
Mar 13, 2007, 09:44 AM
I actually can't wait to use cards, actually I can't wait to use my new char period. Going Guntecher as my next class to lvl. Currently lvl 25, hopefully I can get some help lvling my friend and myself.

Rashiid
Mar 13, 2007, 10:02 AM
All card PAs (normals not ult one) are 16+, and i lub em!

Midicronica
Mar 13, 2007, 10:23 AM
I definitely use them. I based my fT around the fact that I get S-Rank cards and bows. So, my pallete is mostly the card/wand combo and I'm quick to pull out the bow to slap a SE on a large monster.

I'd like to see more fT's use them. They're absolutely amazing when my GT uses them. Over 600dmg a card throw when using the correct element and buffs are in place. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Sychosis
Mar 13, 2007, 10:24 AM
On 2007-03-13 08:23, Shadow_Moses wrote:
I'd like to see more fT's use them.

Ahem.

Itsuki
Mar 13, 2007, 10:34 AM
I'll need some proof though before I believe that they can outdamage fG, with the phantom set no less.
See, the problem with this statement is you're assuming that rifles deal damage. There are many weapons that outdamage a rifle, even the phantom set. Rifle just isn't a weapon made for damage late game.

With that said, Card is probably the highest straight dps ranged weapon. But its start up time kind of throws it off against anythign but large monsters. I don't know about an fT with card dealing more, but a GT with card definately does.

Itchee
Mar 13, 2007, 10:37 AM
Cards have a suprisingly high ATA requirement in order to use. Most techers need to be relatively high-leveled in order to even pick one up.

chibiLegolas
Mar 13, 2007, 11:41 AM
I've seen a few fT using cards. But with the ultimate techs that are out lately, I'm assuming they're spending time leveling up thier actual techs than worrying about cards. And most like using a rod anyways compared to wands, no?
Wands are more mean for WT and GT (in general) since rods have way more PP and TP if you have access to them.

Para
Mar 13, 2007, 11:45 AM
I might try Cards on my Cast when he goes fT XD as well as Bows... Same goes with Ayane (I still need to get Force lv 10 for Ayane)

I've cards as a Guntecher and frankly I think they're great because they hone onto targets. Plus I find it amusing to shotgun with cards XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-03-13 09:46 ]</font>

Syl
Mar 13, 2007, 11:45 AM
I love cards! It's my main weapon as a GT. I have my ice, dark, and light cards at lvl 30.

Would be working on the last 3 (lightning's at 12, fire at 5, earth at 3), but I'm just leveling my Twin Mayalee and Killer Shot for now =/

shewby
Mar 13, 2007, 12:26 PM
I hit 370 x 3 with ice against badiras with Mira-kikamis. I'm not sure if the dps is higher than my Deathmakers though, it's pretty close. I'm a GT and I have a Solid power S, so that helps.

eightball
Mar 13, 2007, 12:36 PM
I can't wait to use them...the thing is as a male newman fortetecher i can't use them yet and i'm 45/3

Tsavo
Mar 13, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-03-13 08:34, Itsuki-chan wrote:

See, the problem with this statement is you're assuming that rifles deal damage. There are many weapons that outdamage a rifle, even the phantom set. Rifle just isn't a weapon made for damage late game.

With that said, Card is probably the highest straight dps ranged weapon. But its start up time kind of throws it off against anythign but large monsters. I don't know about an fT with card dealing more, but a GT with card definately does.

Yeah, I've seen a GT hit for 500-600 damage with cards, never a fT though. Should have made that clear I suppose. I know they're strong, withh my WT and lvl 10 bullets I can still for over 300 against opposing element enemies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsavo on 2007-03-13 12:59 ]</font>

Itchee
Mar 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
On 2007-03-13 10:36, eightball wrote:
I can't wait to use them...the thing is as a male newman fortetecher i can't use them yet and i'm 45/3

Youre gonna be waiting a while longer. I made a Kikami for my partner (who is also a Newman Fortetecher) when he was about your level and he was finally able to equip it this week after reaching LVL 57 Rank 6. >_<

Raysa
Mar 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
On 2007-03-13 07:44, -Rune- wrote:
I actually can't wait to use cards, actually I can't wait to use my new char period. Going Guntecher as my next class to lvl. Currently lvl 25, hopefully I can get some help lvling my friend and myself.

Level with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MayLee
Mar 13, 2007, 03:15 PM
I would but I'm not strong enough..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

pokefiend
Mar 13, 2007, 03:19 PM
I abesolutely love my Ageha-kikami. IMO they're the most funnest weapons to use EVER! Just watching those cards fly in the air is amusing. ^_^

Tsavo
Mar 13, 2007, 03:19 PM
^If you wanna use cards early on with a FO your only option are kikamics really. Good luck grinding them though, mine sucks.

Stezan
Mar 13, 2007, 03:31 PM
I wasnt going to use cards at first, but I started spammin HIVE for blackheart w/ a wand and handgun (i didnt use wands before then either). I decided id use cards if I didnt find blackheart before i could use cards.
Now I keep my cards paired w/ a debuff wand at all times. Great for shagreece and zoon, when im too lazy to aim

Remedy
Mar 13, 2007, 06:13 PM
Because wands = fail, duh.

Esufer
Mar 13, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-03-13 16:13, Remedy wrote:
Because wands = fail, duh.

And Gi-Senbas = win, right?

Miyoko
Mar 13, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-03-13 08:34, Itsuki-chan wrote:

How do cards compare to shotguns? My phantom, with Lv11 shifta, no armor bonus, deals 300-310 a shot, whereas my shotgun deals 700-750 (at point blank). I'm guessing a large portion of card damage comes from the element?

PekingDuck13
Mar 13, 2007, 08:00 PM
The reason I haven't got one yet is because Wartechers can only get shooting PAs up to lv10, which means I'll never get the multiple shots increased beyond what you start out with. So I might as well just stick with handguns and bows. I thought the same was true for FTs as well, so I think only the guntechers who can get them to lv30 would really benefit from them.

EDIT: Actually, I don't even know for sure if guntechers can get them to 30...Can they?

Just keep that in mind before you decide to become a Wartecher for cards then realize you can't get them past lv10.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PekingDuck13 on 2007-03-13 18:07 ]</font>

Nobo
Mar 13, 2007, 08:03 PM
On the 360 verision half of the fortetechers you see have cards so i dont know what your talking about.

ThEoRy
Mar 17, 2007, 01:49 PM
mostly all FT have cards somewhere on their palette.

DonRoyale
Mar 17, 2007, 02:21 PM
They're a staple of fT's, but you gotta remember, even newman fT's won't be able to use them until level 50+.

They're good for WT's, who often use wands/daggers.

And they're also good for GT's too, who often use wands.

MT7218
Mar 17, 2007, 02:40 PM
I would use them, but as a level 59/ Level 4 Fortetecher Female Newman, I can't even weild the 7* cards, let alone the 8* and 9* ones. Anyone have any idea what the set boost does with Ageha-Kikami and Ageha-senba? Right now, I'm currently spamming synths of that armor to get 40%+ elemental for almost every element and I would like to know that should the time come I have the ATA for it, which will be better, the 8* Ageha-Kikami and Ageha-Senba set, or the 9* Mira-kikami? I'm still wearing the same armor regardless, mind you.

Criss
Mar 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
Personally, I think cards are better suited for GTs. They get the ATA req for them much earlier, have much more base ATP, and can actually get the bullets to lv 30. I'm not saying they aren't good for fTs, on the contrary... light card/bow bullets are the only light element attacks fTs have currently, and those surely have to help against tech-resistant monsters.