PDA

View Full Version : Kireek?....

SuperRygar
Mar 13, 2007, 01:44 PM
why does everybody want Kireek to show up in this game? why is he so damn cool....does he play some other part in the PSO story other than that first mission? cause that's all i remember him from... i hate Kireek

-Rune-
Mar 13, 2007, 01:46 PM
i guess for the duel against him and got his soul eater :/

Raysa
Mar 13, 2007, 01:46 PM
LOL! I like Eleanor. The Robot Cast She was cooler. Kireek was downright retarded. He was all purple and ugly lol.

Sychosis
Mar 13, 2007, 01:50 PM
KIREEK was crap. Nearly level 200 and getting beat down in Ult Forest?

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2007, 01:51 PM
Hmm. I kind of liked Matha Graves because she was a little Force that actually aided you....unlike that older Force whose mental capacity wasn't Intelligent....just Artificial. One of those, "Oh my goodness. She's just a kid, and better than all the other NPC forces."

That is, unless you wanted the other force, who was very keen about standing there and casting Barta on doors, where the technique would get stopped.

SuperRygar
Mar 13, 2007, 01:51 PM
oh ya, i seem to remember hearing about that. i've never done it tho. was that a good weapon?

still...i can remember wanting to kill Kireek in that first mission. he steals your EXP and gives you the most obvious advice....f**king robot

CupOfCoffee
Mar 13, 2007, 01:58 PM
I think some people like Kireek because he sort of embodies what made PSO so psychologically creepy at times. The game does a surprisingly good job of building up this fragilely supported but tense kind of peace, and it's occasionally shattered by little glimpses into the maddening truth. Dark Falz transformed Rico's body into a giant, bulbous monster with four heads. Countless conspiracies were raging behind the hunter's guild. Half your weapons belonged to dead story characters before you came by to claim them. Tons and tons of unanswered questions are planted in your mind through the offline quests ("Why are there no marks of the explosion that killed everyone aboard Pioneer 1? Something's not right here..."). Kireek turned out to talk in caps and want to eat your brain.

I personally never thought he was cool or scary or anything, but I guess I can see how some people would. Plus, the Soul Eater just looked wicked cool.

funnymatt
Mar 13, 2007, 02:02 PM
Just as long as they NEVER bring back that dipshit Ash.

Raysa
Mar 13, 2007, 02:03 PM
You know...I never got the story...What did happen? PSO 1 and 2 that is. I beat the missions countless times, but still don't know.

-Rune-
Mar 13, 2007, 02:06 PM
Ash and the other's found red ring rico but she flew away, then toadstoll popped out and said I'm sorry the princess isn't at this castle, until you got to ultimate ._.

SuperRygar
Mar 13, 2007, 02:13 PM
haha Rune ;P

that's true coffee, but i dont remember Kireek being the one that embodied all of that. then again, i haven't played PSO story stuff in years :/ i just remember him being a rude elitest

i kinda miss the talk-to-able NPC's from PSO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-03-13 12:18 ]</font>

GreyWolf360
Mar 13, 2007, 02:17 PM
-I- personally think they should bring them back in a single mission in PSU~ doesnt have to have anything to do with either story, and id work if they introduce them as reincarnates or something and that they could actually be friends or something~(since PS is known 4 it).

im thinkin atleast the main ones > Ash, Kireek, Sue, and Bernie atleast. others can be seen throughout the mission or in other missions........(?)

Krisan
Mar 13, 2007, 02:17 PM
He was rude and elitist, but he also held some darker history and slowly went.. completely batshit insane, and weilded a kickass looking scythe to boot. I'm not sure I'd call him "cool" exactly, but he was very interesting a character..

As for PSO's plot, a lot of it was left a mystery I think.. All we really know for certain is that Rico and Flowen got royally screwed, and that Falz' corruption can really do some weird shit.

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 02:19 PM
Kireek was SO cool, don't ever make fun of him or I'll KILL You

majan
Mar 13, 2007, 02:23 PM
Im not much of an expert on episdoe 1 but the ep2 storyline kicked some serious ass,as did the final boss fight.veterans will agree with me.graphics in ep2 also tended to be a lot better than ep1...despite them both running the same game disc....hmmm...

In ep2,there is an island chain called gal da val islands and apprently some research went awry there and a solidr named heathcliff flowen ende dup getting really effed up by a parasitic gene and turned into olga flow,who is capable of destroying 4 or 5 earths with a single swipe of his blade,the dark flow.the final dungeon is nearly as moody as some of the metroid games and its just an all out rush.really enjoyable,and extremely haunting music through the dungeon ends with ultra-epic boss music for the olga flow fight,half of which takes place on a moving elevator(!!!!!!)its amazing,totally worth enjoying.olga flow or some reincarnation of him must appear sooner or later in this gme or the expansion.he is THE uber boss.

WrathOfMegid
Mar 13, 2007, 02:26 PM
I think the notion of bringing Kireek into PSU stems from dissapointment with the PSU offline story mode. Like Coffee said, Kireek represents, in part at least, the dark and sinister backstory of PSO. This story, although by far it leaves you with a void even when you know all you can, was far more interesting than PSU's story so far, in my opinion. Notice the bold type.

Either that, or we're talking about dumbass fanboys who just wanted PSU to be a remake of PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SuperRygar
Mar 13, 2007, 02:26 PM
for me, and im sure many other people, PSU doesnt really have a story/plot. i played story mode for like 2 hours, and i hated it. it was pretty dumb and low-budget-movie-ish. i mean, i get the basic idea of the SEED monsters. but that's all i know, that SEEDs dropped and we gotta kill them. so when go online in PSU, im running around Newdaiz with no memories of what happened there. its cool in a way. i remember playing PSP and you got to the dragon, you knew where you were. in the dome. you've been investigating the actions on Ragol in the Forest, strange things have happened and now here's this huge dragon, HOLY SHIT....so then after that each time you fight that guy, you remember that stuff. PSU doesnt have that. i wonder if the game would be more enjoyable if i did the story mode.....guess ill never know as i will NEVER play the story mode, ever. i like free-roaming with my online friends and making my own memories ^.^

Kireek is a stupid douchebag that would suck the chrome off a trailer hitch for good times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-03-13 12:29 ]</font>

majan
Mar 13, 2007, 02:30 PM
But yeah,in response to kireek,he's a total dick,but total dick often walks hand in hand with total badas,which is what he was.he goes crazy yeah but he embodies a pretty bad ass dude.big scythe,android body,I wouldn't start a fight with him.that's probably why people are goin crazy over him.im pretty indifferent toward it

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2007, 02:32 PM
PSU is kind of the story with dark undertones, which tries to deftly hide it with bright lights, icecream, and cake. PSO didn't really hide the darkness, everything was constantly steeped with hints of back-stabbing. PSU's approach is more subtle, but seems brighter. I would explain more, but I can't come to words that aren't complete spoilers.

Raysa
Mar 13, 2007, 02:34 PM
I never did understand what the heck is going on PSO. I guess cause it was most text based and I just skipped it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

Though, it was a better feel than PSU.

radical_ryan
Mar 13, 2007, 02:39 PM
yea if they did i wold have the kill him agin

Kuya
Mar 13, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-03-13 12:17, Krisan wrote:
He was rude and elitist, but he also held some darker history and slowly went.. completely batshit insane

So what's his forum name here? XD

Itchee
Mar 13, 2007, 02:41 PM
Kireek is awesome. Dont hate.
...and all of us CAST manufactured around the same time are stand-offish. Dont hold that against him.
^_^

Stezan
Mar 13, 2007, 03:52 PM
One thing about the NPCs of PSO when compared to PSU is that they seemed more "connected" to your character.You messed w/ Black Paper, You helped Nol, You were there aiding Elenor and Dr. Montague.
The NPCs in PSU were all part of offline, not involved with u. Ep2 tries to bridge this gap, but because u are always with Leia, she takes control of the situation, and u are kinda...just there, a viewer from the outside

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2007, 03:56 PM
Actually, I was hoping that they would expand on that, in later chapters. A kind of thing where you break off from that a bit, and seem to forge a path of your own. It could be as simple as PSO, where the task is done and *you're* the one credit is given to.

Jakosifer
Mar 13, 2007, 04:09 PM
Kireek for some reason, he seemed like he had some kind of emotion in him, about how he wished he was a newman/human so he could use techniques (In the first mission). Later on you find out hes a member of some crime organization or something, a well known killer within it. He had a decent backstory, being a powerful android. You defeat him once and he loses a bit of sanity, you beat him again and he goes COMPLETELY insane and injures some people in the final quest you see him in. You defeat him and get his badass Scythe.

So...yea thats why I like him at least.

McLaughlin
Mar 13, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-03-13 12:26, WrathOfMegid wrote:
I think the notion of bringing Kireek into PSU stems from dissapointment with the PSU offline story mode. Like Coffee said, Kireek represents, in part at least, the dark and sinister backstory of PSO. This story, although by far it leaves you with a void even when you know all you can, was far more interesting than PSU's story so far, in my opinion. Notice the bold type.

Either that, or we're talking about dumbass fanboys who just wanted PSU to be a remake of PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ping.

Gryffin
Mar 13, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-03-13 11:46, Raysa wrote:
LOL! I like Eleanor. The Robot Cast She was cooler. Kireek was downright retarded. He was all purple and ugly lol.

Amen. Eleanor is the shit.. On a side note: Anyone here other than myself who's seen the ELEANOR mag? I haxXored it in with an Action Replay once I went insane from my memory card being corrupted in online mode...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sheep.gif

McLaughlin
Mar 13, 2007, 04:38 PM
I've seen them. Never touched one though. All four of my Lv 200 Gamecube characters are too legit to quit.

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 04:56 PM
What the fuck am I supposed to do about this then? I don't want PSU to be PSO AND I like Kireek.

CyberBeast
Mar 13, 2007, 05:04 PM
Why did they if make kireek our partneer for the first mission. Damn it Sonic Team, Damn it!

GaNksTa
Mar 13, 2007, 05:13 PM
At the final battle with Kireek you kill him. So... how exactly is he supposed to come back with an attached story? Or they could revive him as a useless online NPC like Maya. A little off-topic, but, TTF for PSU? Being able to fight all the old PSO bosses? Yay or ney?

Esufer
Mar 13, 2007, 07:11 PM
Kireek ain't got nothing on Magashi.

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-03-13 17:11, Reigast wrote:

Of course, because theres like... a billion magashis, and only one Kireek.

Esufer
Mar 13, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-03-13 17:18, omegapirate2k wrote:

Well, until someone drops a nol.

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 07:24 PM
On 2007-03-13 17:22, Reigast wrote:

On 2007-03-13 17:18, omegapirate2k wrote:

Well, until someone drops a nol.

That name is not to be spoken here.

Esufer
Mar 13, 2007, 07:27 PM
NOLLY NOLLY NOLLINGTON!

Aha, what you gonna do, Beastie boy?

(btw, PSU soon? I noticed your little brother had hijacked it earlier. I didn't wreck your DOA4 rank or anything... *RUN*)

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-03-13 17:27, Reigast wrote:
NOLLY NOLLY NOLLINGTON!

Aha, what you gonna do, Beastie boy?

(btw, PSU soon? I noticed your little brother had hijacked it earlier. I didn't wreck your DOA4 rank or anything... *RUN*)

I'll be on tomorrow. I know what you did anyway... scammer.

Esufer
Mar 13, 2007, 07:31 PM
Eliot is not scamming. XD

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 07:33 PM
Yes, but beating up on my poor brother who sucks at DOA is XD

It's good though, because now I get more money for KICKING YOUR ASS!

Esufer
Mar 13, 2007, 07:34 PM
Dude... I can own you! BUT THIS IS OFF TOPIC NOW.

So we shall part ways here.

and I shall hand you your ass tommorrow.

(btw, need your card!)

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 13, 2007, 07:44 PM
I'd rather have like all the NPC's back as like decendent's of the PSO ones, and by All NPCs, I mean ALL of them.

Kireek, Ash, Sue, Bernie, Nol, Elly Person, Calus, Dr.Montague, Elenor, Martha Graves, Kroe, Donoph Baz, Alicia Baz, Cicil, Mome[just so we can kick his arse later], and any other NPC on PSO i may have forgoten.

JAR
Mar 13, 2007, 08:10 PM
It's a little disheartening to see all this Kireek hating, seeing as my character has been compared to him on several occassions! Oh well, I liked Kireek as a villain, sure he's not as deep as Magashi but I'll take the simplicity of PSO over the "tries too hard" tone of PSU's storyline. You guys say you hate Kireek eh? Well I FUCKING hate Martinez!

DurakkenX
Mar 13, 2007, 09:05 PM
Actually if you consider the story of PSO the orginization kireek belonged to really isn't illegal.

PSO history lesson

Coral was having a war that destroyed their planet's eco system
D-cell asteroid hit the planet and Montague and his assistants discovered D-cells
The war ended that really didn't settle any hostilities as everyone saw that they were in danger of all dieing less they worked together
Pioneer project was launched with the secret ambition of finding the D-cell planet
The 3 super coputers (Olga, the mines boss, and one other) were made to run the colony on Ragol
Pioneer 1 was sent and got to Ragol...then sent word for Pioneer 2 that it was ok to come.
Pioneer 2 was launched.
The P1 set up the Ragol colony
P1 government opened a mine shaft as a cover for a secret lab to experiment on the high levels of D-cells in the area
Secretly the P1 government set up Gal daVol and started experimenting on subjects
The Ruins were found and an elite military team was sent in to investigate...the only survivor was Flowen Heathcliff....who was taken to Gal daVol
At gol devol Flowen was expiremented on and combined with the computer, Olga, but was considered a failure and threw him in the trash heap.
1 year after word being sent to come Pioneer 2 arrived and opened communications
the milisecond communications were established an explosion radiated out which made almost all of P1's residents disapear save for Rico and Flowen...Also data on computers seemed to be rewritten abit and creatures became infected by something that turned most hostile and also shut down communications...
Rico went on through all the areas of PSO...in the same way you do...she then encounters the dark falz area and is mutated into DF as the ultimate form and incorporated into his form already.

On pioneer 2 during the travel to Ragol the government while maintaining a look of stability secretly split between the scientists, the military, the hunters, the black paper, and i think one more while still semi heeding the words of the principal.

back to the present...basically you follow the same path of Rico and discover the ruins and such >.> This is a mission that the principal gives to all hunters and allows them to proceed as they find necessary.
The rest of the quests are more or less just to tell you about the above or to introduce you to new concepts or people.

The other side story is mainly about black paper and the military vying for control over various areas, trying to get you to join them, and also testing you as a rival.

the next ep happens nearly right after ep1 when p2 discovers gal devol....there the only story is basically you training to make sure you are good enough to go...which sorta assumes you didn't beat DF or it was incredibly top secret above even the scientists security clearance. And then you are sent to recover any data in the lab there and you discover the trapped flowen who is slowly being transformed and moments before you get there the transformation is complete and it wants to kill i guess...

ep4 happens after that...and i dunno what happens there but it has something to do with the military...

ep3 again i dunno but that happens in the future...

Basically PSO dealing with a pseudo government that only formed to save their asses and is quickly falling back apart... while PSU is based on a government that came together after the people realized that they could live in peace with a few groups of people that still believe in superiority.

PSO = A fractioning weak government.
PSU = Terrorist organizations.

World new effecting anything? nope not at all...

VanHalen
Mar 13, 2007, 09:08 PM
Bernie is > Kireek

Kimil
Mar 13, 2007, 09:53 PM
Durakken... Thanks for that post, it was very insightful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But Ep 3 and 4?.... I never got into BB so ep 4 is something I'm oblivious to, but ep 3 was great.... I loved to to be honest. The Story? Confused the HELL out of me. I missed a ot of then story parts because you have to fight certain enemies with certain story charcaters, and I didn't know it at the time. And then My friend wanted to buy it off me, and I sold it and bought PSOX and that was the end of my interset in the PSO story, because PSOX was haxed to shit...

DurakkenX
Mar 13, 2007, 10:09 PM
v.v How can you people still say that? PSOX was the least hacked version of console PSOs there was. GC was the 2nd worst... please stop saying that it was hacked to hell.

There is lots of little things i simply forgot about PSO, but mainly the story revolves around Donoph, Flowen, and Kireek and their proteges Ash, Rico, and You. The main reason I can see for kireeks madness later on is d-cells, and because you were supposed to be his student in a sick sort of way if you pay attention to how the story is set up and you went off and aided others and later destroyed his plans.

There is also the Side story of Nol and the Scientists who are just concerned about why Ragol was actually chosen and what is really going on and whether the civilian population should know what's going on and what they are going in to.

Another side story revolves around the civilians of p2 and the group of weapon lovers and such...

Then the SIDE SIDE story of the political factioning

All the missions and story really falls into one of the 5 parts of the story in ep1 and 2. It really has less to do with falz and d-cells and more to do with political and ethical philosophy.

PSU has more to do with kill the enemy because they are killing us...oh, there was another culture that was more advanced than us that thought the same thing....oh shyt there are some that are helping them or trying to use them to help us >.> it's really not that deep.