PDA

View Full Version : Guardian Counters = Useless?

Raysa
Mar 13, 2007, 01:54 PM
So I went to the Guardian Counter in each planet. Only to figuire out the only mission are the "License" ones and bruce in Moatoob. Are they gonna add any new missions, because I find these counters to be useless http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif..then?

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2007, 01:57 PM
The Guardian Counter in the Guardian's Colony also has new single-player story missions, which continue the story after the offline story-mode took place. Your character, doesn't say anything, in those missions; but you basically play the part of one guardian's involvement in the following events.

Over time, there are various new missions added, and the Guardian desks are one way to add new special missions. And like Eliash said. These missions were all added during the course of the game, since it started. There have been periodic updates to them, all the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-13 11:59 ]</font>

Eliash
Mar 13, 2007, 01:57 PM
They may not have anything atm, but then again remember before bruce was added and/or the online stories...there was nothing there.

So following this path of logic, it is apparant that the chance of future missions utilizing the counter is pretty high. I think the counters are mostly for 'specialty' missions, such as missions you can only do with a party or solo missions.

Raysa
Mar 13, 2007, 02:00 PM
I hope there are more. It kinda sucks having one option http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif!

Does anyone know if the japanese have any new missions?

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2007, 02:02 PM
Did you try the continuing story missions? Now it starts off with one choice, but then it branches off. Now these are done by yourself, but they play out like a story mission with dialogue and scenes. There's about 5 or so Story chapters available, most in two parts.

They all start from the Guardian's Colony, even though they may actually have the mission take place on another planet. However, you can't play them out of order until you've unlocked them. You can't jump to Chapter 2 without doing Chapter 1. Once unlocked, you can play that mission separately as many times as you want, and at any difficulty level. S ranks get you special bonus prizes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-13 12:05 ]</font>

Raysa
Mar 13, 2007, 02:04 PM
I did, but I'm not done with offline so I don't wanna rush it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Krisan
Mar 13, 2007, 02:08 PM
I'm hoping what we see in the future, are quests like the ones from PSO.. You know, missions petitioned from someone that have their own little stories that aren't directly related to the main plot.. That was one thing that made PSO shine I think, and PSU has quite a bit more potential to make use of that kind of thing.

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
Bruce's mission pretty much almost embodies that very same idea. It is kind of a PSO mission, regardless of how people take to it in terms of gains.

The difference is that it doesn't really allow single-player runs like PSO's were designed for.

Namira
Mar 13, 2007, 02:55 PM
We don't have any other guardian counter missions on JP servers either.

Helly
Mar 13, 2007, 04:10 PM
I figured these were where ya accessed all the party missions from but the recent ones proved that wrong~

There just has to be at least one specialty mission for each planet and since Moatoob is covered I say Parum's should have you and your team going on like a secret with Curtz and Neduaiz's should have your party protecting the maiden.

Maridia
Mar 13, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-03-13 14:10, Helly wrote:
I figured these were where ya accessed all the party missions from but the recent ones proved that wrong~

There just has to be at least one specialty mission for each planet and since Moatoob is covered I say Parum's should have you and your team going on like a secret with Curtz and Neduaiz's should have your party protecting the maiden.

That'd be some mission, trying to protect something with AI that's THAT glitchy. XD Stupid Maiden. Stupid NPCS, for that matter. I love them, but they fail so hard sometimes it isn't funny.

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 04:48 PM
I'd like to have more bruce type missions, just without Bruce XD

A2K
Mar 13, 2007, 06:50 PM
On 2007-03-13 12:08, Krisan wrote:
I'm hoping what we see in the future, are quests like the ones from PSO.. You know, missions petitioned from someone that have their own little stories that aren't directly related to the main plot.. That was one thing that made PSO shine I think, and PSU has quite a bit more potential to make use of that kind of thing.

There are lots of interesting NPCs like that in Story Mode... unfortunately it doesn't lead anywhere. I'm curious if they're actually going to do something quest-oriented for at least a few of them in Network Mode, though.

Nobo
Mar 13, 2007, 08:06 PM
These arnt useless if you have PA fragments to cash in. You can cash em in at any one except for guardians colony where you can switch your class.

ThEoRy
Mar 17, 2007, 01:43 PM
Oh please let them bring back Endless Nightmare, please...

Lman90245
Mar 17, 2007, 01:49 PM
On 2007-03-17 11:43, Octagon wrote:
Oh please let them bring back Endless Nightmare, please...

I smell challenge mode in the oven... @_@

ThEoRy
Mar 18, 2007, 09:53 AM
[/quote]

I smell challenge mode in the oven... @_@

[/quote]
Oooh, challenge mode. Me likey..