PDA

View Full Version : So, caseal fortetecher.

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2007, 03:42 PM
Should I specialize in spells or ranged weapons?

Rashiid
Mar 13, 2007, 03:42 PM
*cough cough*....

o u were serious?

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2007, 03:49 PM
Yeah. I capped fortefighter, and I hate ranger, so force is next.

Rashiid
Mar 13, 2007, 03:52 PM
oi, it say guntech then.

im tellin ya, i dont even kno how long ull last in a party as a CAST foretetecher, just the TP is horrible......

ur resta Lv 30 would probably do like 600, and Diga MAY do 700 (if lucky being female)

not saying ur terrible, or casts or terrible, or anything og that such, but as a cast, fortetecher is T-H-E worst.

i suggest protranser, so when whips come out, if PTs can use em, ull be top-notch!

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2007, 03:58 PM
On 2007-03-13 13:52, Rashiid wrote:
oi, it say guntech then.

im tellin ya, i dont even kno how long ull last in a party as a CAST foretetecher, just the TP is horrible......

ur resta Lv 30 would probably do like 600, and Diga MAY do 700 (if lucky being female)

not saying ur terrible, or casts or terrible, or anything og that such, but as a cast, fortetecher is T-H-E worst.

i suggest protranser, so when whips come out, if PTs can use em, ull be top-notch!

'kay. Should I use guns or techs as a fortetecher?

Rashiid
Mar 13, 2007, 04:04 PM
both http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (Gun-Tech, ka-sah!!)

use powerful spells (like Diga, Foie, Dambarta) and supports (Resta, Reverser, sum buffs, de-buffs if u hav tha room)

and yeah guns o-coarse (Crossbows, cards!, mechguns, rifle, lazer cannon since theyre cheap these dayz)

ive always wanted to try guntech....30 bullets, 1 or 10 melee (i think) and i forgot the tech lvls, but i think 20.

Tsavo
Mar 13, 2007, 04:05 PM

Not true. FOcast simply demands a different playstyle is all. A FO that doesn't get one shotted and can provide lvl 30 buffs/debuffs in the heat of battle is pretty damn awesome if you ask me. As long they go for support instead of damage they should do just fine.

As for what to use, I would suggest spells with lvl 3 status effects and/or those that cause alot of flinching. Dam series would be perfect in this case and I hear that the dam spell glitch thats afflicted Casts for so long has finally been fixed(yay!)so they're a viable option now. Gidiga is good too if I remember correctly. Make sure to take advantage of those cards and bows seeing as you'll be one of few FOs able to even use them, lol.

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2007, 04:11 PM
So, attempt to focus on support, and use both bullets and techs as the situation demands. That reminds me, I need to find a buff circle. My buffs are still lv4, hardly something a party would love to work with.

By the way, I didn't know fortetechers could use laser cannons. I should look into that.

Rashiid
Mar 13, 2007, 04:13 PM
On 2007-03-13 14:05, Tsavo wrote:

Not true. FOcast simply demands a different playstyle is all. A FO that doesn't get one shotted and can provide lvl 30 buffs/debuffs in the heat of battle is pretty damn awesome if you ask me. As long they go for support instead of damage they should do just fine.

thats for those who think fortetechers are for nothing but healing (fools.....)

Shiryuu
Mar 13, 2007, 04:14 PM

As long as you can heal/buff/debuff. Any party will take you.

My F Cast's resta can heal herself almost completely and she has almost 1100 hp, and her resta is only lvl 14.

Anyways, you should probably focus more on support spells. TP isn't really be that much of a problem. Level 30 Damabarta still does around 400-500 per hit on a fire monster (w/o technic linking).

On 2007-03-13 14:11, Zorafim wrote:

By the way, I didn't know fortetechers could use laser cannons. I should look into that.

They can't. You have to be a guntecher to do that. As a FT, the only ranged weapons available to you are bows and cards.

Shiryuu
Mar 13, 2007, 04:18 PM
Forgot that FT can use handguns too.

Tsavo
Mar 13, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-03-13 14:11, Zorafim wrote:
So, attempt to focus on support, and use both bullets and techs as the situation demands. That reminds me, I need to find a buff circle. My buffs are still lv4, hardly something a party would love to work with.

Yeah, pretty much. Level 30 cards are no joke and inflict decent status. A virus or fire bow goes a long way and at 60/10 I think a FOcaseal even picks up megid immunity with the right armor. Not too shabby I must say.

And I think Rashid was speaking of Guntech, not Forte on the laser cannons.

Tsavo
Mar 13, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-03-13 14:13, Rashiid wrote:

thats for those who think fortetechers are for nothing but healing (fools.....)

What?

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2007, 04:31 PM
Another question. How do you think I should arrange my palette? So far, I was thinking of three rods all having rabarta/dambarta/gibarta/zalure, a rod with all four buff techs, a bow with an ice bullet, and a wand with resta/reverser paired with an ice card. As you can probably tell, I really love ice and would rather not part with it. Since I won't be on Neudaiz for a while, I'd think this should suffice. Would this setup be acceptable, or should I work with something else?

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 04:33 PM
Well, personally I agree that a cast guntecher would probably be a better choice than a cast fortetecher, but people can do what they want, as long as they have fun, I don't give a crap what they are XD

Rashiid
Mar 13, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-03-13 14:31, Zorafim wrote:
Another question. How do you think I should arrange my palette? So far, I was thinking of three rods all having rabarta/dambarta/gibarta/zalure, a rod with all four buff techs, a bow with an ice bullet, and a wand with resta/reverser paired with an ice card. As you can probably tell, I really love ice and would rather not part with it. Since I won't be on Neudaiz for a while, I'd think this should suffice. Would this setup be acceptable, or should I work with something else?

guess i should break the bad news now; Guntech doesnt get rods, only wands. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2007, 04:38 PM
Wow, that's really lucky then. Thank God I have no desire to become a guntecher at all.

Maridia
Mar 13, 2007, 04:39 PM
Rashiid, I think he's completely ignoring your advice. Get a clue already. He's still talking about Fortetecher. XD

Rashiid
Mar 13, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-03-13 14:39, Maridia wrote:
Rashiid, I think he's completely ignoring your advice. Get a clue already. He's still talking about Fortetecher. XD

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

LOL, o well, off to dance in circles....

Ethan-Waber
Mar 13, 2007, 04:44 PM
well your diga at level 1 will do like 20 dammage =] have fun.
Best bet to leveling that class is to just stay back and waste all of your meseta constantly recharging your wands since you will only be able to spam resta if you want to be usefull.

Weakness
Mar 13, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-03-13 14:44, Ethan-Waber wrote:
Best bet to leveling that class is to just stay back and waste all of your meseta constantly recharging your wands since you will only be able to spam resta if you want to be usefull.

As a level 60 Female CAST, level 5 Force, my level 1 Diga just did 593.

Purpose of me saying this? So you will shut up, you don't have to be the perfect class/job combo. If he wants to play a CAST ForteTecher, more power to him.

For my advice though, I would say stick with the Card/Wand combo. That way you can cure/buff/debuff with the wand, and just use the card for your damage.

I agree with Tsavo when he said you should focus more on support then damage. You wont be able to spit out those 1000+ Digas like a Newman (granted they are the only people who can), but you will be able to take more then one hit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Tsavo
Mar 13, 2007, 05:02 PM
^Valkyrie? I think we did some Lab S2 runs last night. Small world no?

The wand/card combo makes sense, its more effecient. Do you know though if using a rod increases buff/debuff range?

Weakness
Mar 13, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-03-13 15:02, Tsavo wrote:

The wand/card combo makes sense, its more effecient. Do you know though if using a rod increases buff/debuff range?

Yes we did I believe.

And I think it is the same range, no matter what weapon you are using.

Tsavo
Mar 13, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-03-13 15:05, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-03-13 15:02, Tsavo wrote:

Yes we did I believe.

And I think it is the same range, no matter what weapon you are using.

Aye, I was afraid of that. Good to know though. Thanks.

GreenArcher
Mar 13, 2007, 05:17 PM
Whoever said Resta heals for 60, as a Guntecher I could push my Resta to heal for 550. That's with...68% or so TP growth? You can put up decent damage/heals as a fortetecher no matter what race you are, a good deal beyond "50 damage with diga"

Imagiomg
Mar 13, 2007, 06:02 PM
Your palette setup looks basically fine, although personally I'm constantly swapping elements on whatever it may be I have paletted on my fTCast.

It's your bag if you wanna limit yourself to one element... but that's neither more nor less foolish with a fTCaseal than with any Ranger or Force type.

You might want to consider one or two more card/wand combos and one or two less rods (in palette of course, carry lots of all in your inventory)... but that all depends on what task's at hand, and individual playstyle. Bows will rock of course, they always do; I'd recommend you get every element there.

Any spell you think you'd like to get will still be good as a fTCaseal, at least for my money. Zonde will still be Zonde, Dambarta will still be abusive, and Megid will still be overpriced (but fun).

Your resta will be entirely adequate.

SolRiver
Mar 13, 2007, 06:36 PM
FOcaseal would have about 50% the damage of a FOnewearl, and a FOnewearl did 1700+ dmg in s rank with a diga on an electric target. This means a FOcaseal would still do around 850+ dmg with a diga. That still pwn hella of just about any melee/gunner class in a single hit. This is of course, same level equipment.

The problem with FOcaseal is actually reaching the wand/rod requirement. So, you better be really high level or really low level, and not in between.

Now the lowest is SUV... might as well not have it.

EDIT: almost forgot bow pwns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-03-13 16:38 ]</font>

pso123hrf
Mar 13, 2007, 08:45 PM
Here is a small spoiler:

Don't use PSO names...it will confuse you with...

o_O

PJ
Mar 13, 2007, 08:57 PM
On 2007-03-13 14:44, Ethan-Waber wrote:

Are you online yet =]

Offline, strong stats are higher and low stats are lower. Hence, CASTS have even WORSE TP offline.

My Force CAST offline couldn't equip a Rod till level 15 and I think Job Level 3.

Try again when you get online?

Kimil
Mar 13, 2007, 09:24 PM
Go Cast fT, as long as you focus on Support, Bows and Cards. You can play with Attack Spells, but don't rely on them in serious situations.

Card(Light or Dark)/Wand(Resta/Reverser)
Card(Ice or Fire)/Wand(Zalure/Deband...or Zodeel)
Bow
Bow
Rod(Buffs)
Rod(Anything you want http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

Syl
Mar 13, 2007, 11:20 PM
OMFG

Ok, I can speak from experience because I had Sylvia as a FT up to lvl 3. Diga did nice damage when I was lvl 56 ish FT 2 (doing 700+ at around lvl 17-18), but the thing I liked:

Higher def/hp

THis meant I could go into the heat of battle and lay down some heals/buffs/debuffs w/o worrying much about dying in one or two hits (cause at lvl 54 I could already equip Yamata-senba >.>). And I was healing for a bit under 1k before I went back to GT.

So dont down talk FOcasts without even trying it yourself, most ppl dont notice how great FOcasts are at supporting. Seems we need this a lot nowadays seeing how ltely a lot of FT's are just being nukers and dont even heal their parties >.>

AweOfShe
Mar 14, 2007, 01:01 AM
Not true. FOcast simply demands a different playstyle is all.

Too bad playing a class more than one way is unheard of, to many in the PSU community. Bunch of nazis. :P

Zer0_ConvoY
Mar 14, 2007, 01:57 AM
#1 pso terms are fine
#2 your setup idea sounds fine to me, just rem FOcaseal will own with bows
#3 ignore the haters, stat fiends are useless in this game, its about the fun not the "zomg if j00 cant 1hit kill fakis j00 are teh sux0rz and kikd lolz"

chibiLegolas
Mar 14, 2007, 02:10 PM
I wanna second what most have already voiced. I too plan to be a FOcaseal after I max out my caseal GT.

What I'd recommend:
Rod - all 4 Buff techs: out of battle
Rod - heal + 3 att techs
Card + Debuff (don't forget you get mobility with this combo.)
Card + Debuff
Card + heal
Long bow

I'd recommend either virus or burn on long bow only. Your goal should be 21+/ SE4 on this for long distance support. But as a support FO, I'd suspect you won't be able to stay away from your fighter friends too long to use long bows all that much. So try and get only one of these if you want a longbow. You shouldn't use these for pure damage unless for bosses.

Cards: as a cast, this should be your primary damage dealers. Easy to level and you'd want at least 11+ bullets on these to get the 3rd card hit. But you should also get 21+ on these anyways since the % damamge is significant in the end. (24% or 25%) And cause they're mostly for damage, take the elements that you're most likely going up against. I'd recommend all elements, but I don't know how much PA room you have left after your FF.

Damage techs: Since your TP isn't all that great, you might want to get techs with SE3/4 on them once properly leveled up. Or ones with other effects like flinching/stagger, etc.

Support techs: All of them are manditory and is what's most needed out of a FOcast/FOcaseal in a party. I just hope you have enough PA room to fit all these in. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

GO FOCASEAL! Here's to running into a mob to debuff and not getting 1 shotted!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-03-14 12:11 ]</font>

pso123hrf
Mar 14, 2007, 06:21 PM
The reason why i say what i said before is beacuse something about the expansion will...come out similar to jobs...

0_o

And yeah i guess you'll have low TP and uber low MST http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Sexy_Raine
Mar 14, 2007, 06:39 PM
Good luck, they may suck, but not unusable. You may want to try bows/cards as they may be helpful to you. And you still get your SUV's as a FT. Also, your not defenseless as you can equip armors the earliiest

I hate low-tier stats, unless there's a reward in it(unless there's exclusive items), I have no interest. Maybe the expansion will change this? Who knows.

pso123hrf
Mar 14, 2007, 06:52 PM
Gib me your title raine!

*wrestles*

~Kairi

0_o

Sexy_Raine
Mar 14, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-03-14 16:52, pso123hrf wrote:
Gib me your title raine!

*wrestles*

~Kairi

0_o

Your trying to take my "PSU's fiiiiinest" title? I won't give it up that easily. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif . A fight to the death it is then(LOL).

Come to my birthday party, my room, tommorow 9PM Eastern. We'll have a contest there. Pics are welcome.

Zorafim
Mar 14, 2007, 07:39 PM
I've started leveling, and I agree that my spells suck. I'm sticking with cards for damage, and look forward to when I can equip my 9* bow (I didn't realize I couldn't equip it when I made it). I spend most of my time debuffing enemies, then swinging my fan at them until they die. I only cast spells on range resistant mobs.

t'Would be more fun if I could use my lv30 techs, but I'm content with a support job until I cap the job and move on.