PDA

View Full Version : Enough people playing?

AlucardTepes
Mar 13, 2007, 05:21 PM
I was just wondering how well this game is doing overall. I made a visit today to the local EBs and Gamestops to just browse but I couldn't locate any shelf copies of PSU and it kind of made me sad. I hope this game has a large enough following because I love it so much.

JAFO22000
Mar 13, 2007, 05:29 PM
Maybe it's good that they are all sold out??

PSO and PSU for that matter are very niche games in the US. You'd be hard pressed to find someone else who has even heard of it, much less played it. I hope that the free Beta on the 360 helped introduce a new audience.

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
The populations of the 360 and PC/PS2 aren't that bad. You'll usually be able to find a party without much hassle.

AlucardTepes
Mar 13, 2007, 05:35 PM
Maybe it's good that they are all sold out??

PSO and PSU for that matter are very niche games in the US. You'd be hard pressed to find someone else who has even heard of it, much less played it. I hope that the free Beta on the 360 helped introduce a new audience.

You're right, I guess there is the possibility that it is sold out, however, I just kind of assumed they didn't care it due to the fact that is a niche game.

And yeah, outside of a few friends, I don't know anyone else in RL that knows of PSU. Usually the conversation continues with, "No I don't play WoW anymore, I play Phantasy Star Universe..."

"What's Phantasy Star Universe?"

"It's more of an action based MORPG and it kicks a lot of ass, PLAY IT!"

Sunwind
Mar 13, 2007, 06:01 PM
If you do decide to play, I would say go play on the 360, if you have one. PS2/PC is really low populated, sure, it's easy to find a group, provided all you want to do all day is HIVE or Agata. For those who want to try every mission and explore the actual game, it's pretty hard unless you can convince 5 friends to follow you around and do what missions you want to do all day. That's my experience on PS2/PC anyway.

JAFO22000
Mar 13, 2007, 06:02 PM
You can have a great experience no matter which platform you choose....