PDA

View Full Version : An idea about the palette system o.o

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 14, 2007, 01:33 AM
I've been thinking about the pallet system many times before, but then I finally came to actually think of things to add into the system.

If you think about it, even though you add a set amount of items into your palettes, you still go through your inventory, rummaging around weapons with PP and replacing them into the pallet's 6 weapon limit.

My idea was mainly about the PA links though. I know many of you are tired of going into your inventory to link different bullets on the same weapon, or link different striking skills on the same sword.

I thought that if PSU was given a possible PA palette:
excuse my poor Photoshoping skills >.> http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/idea.jpg

It would make switching PAs much faster. All you would have to do is open your "Activate Weapon Switch" button, and your PA palette would be to the right of your weapons ( where as your consumables are to the left.).. and from there you could easily link the PAs towards the weapon you are currently equipping.

Force palette idea ( added later that night...)
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/idea2.jpg

As you can see from the horrible photoshop I've done, each choice you make by pressing "->" or "right" will open up another palette choice as to which element, which technic (that you have learned upon that element), then which position to add onto the weapon you are currently equipping.

Canceling all of that can be done by maybe re-positioning the camera behind you (the camera button or so) or better yet, just let go of the "Activate Weapon Switch" button completely.

I've came up with these ideas since I saw many people just stand around during battle trying to enter their inventory and switch PAs on their weapons ( especially the Gunner snd Forces.)

What do you guys think? ( I wanted to type this after I got back going out for the night in the other thread, but it was locked. x.x but I suppose this can be a good thread to talk about the PA pallet itself.)

Your opinions are appreciated!~

Edit: Editing of my spelling of the word "palette" . _.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-14 00:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-14 02:13 ]</font>

Retehi
Mar 14, 2007, 01:35 AM
My god that would be so awesome.

Scion
Mar 14, 2007, 01:37 AM
Wow...I like that idea a LOT! My guntecher would LOVE IT! xD

Siertes
Mar 14, 2007, 01:40 AM
Wow, that would be really nice for us rangers. We could infect or burns enemies, then quickly switch to a more effective element without having to waste palette space or carry tons of guns.

Best idea I've heard in a while.

McLaughlin
Mar 14, 2007, 01:41 AM
That's an excellent idea. And fine photoshopping to boot.

DurakkenX
Mar 14, 2007, 01:42 AM
it could be useful, but then again the idea itself doesn't make something good or not it's how people use it. I know it'd be good for Forces...It'd also be useful if the palette wasn't disabled when you are so that you can use antimates and sol atomizers when frozen and such instead of having to go into your menu

-Ryuki-
Mar 14, 2007, 01:42 AM
It's DJ. Kind of expected.

Zer0_ConvoY
Mar 14, 2007, 01:43 AM
actually i think 2h weaps should be able to have attack and 3 pas linked to it ala rods and i think 1h guns should be able to have 2 bullets linked and 2h guns have 4, the color of the gun photon should either be last bullet fired or first bullet set

Micro
Mar 14, 2007, 01:44 AM
On 2007-03-13 23:40, Siertes wrote:
Best idea I've heard in a while.

What he said... XD

Carbinne
Mar 14, 2007, 01:45 AM
That would be kind of a pain in the ass for any force weapon, especially for those who are all 'omg 100% techs rofl rofl'

Would be aces for anyone not a force, though.

-Ryuki-
Mar 14, 2007, 01:45 AM
Eh, I don't get it.

-Ryuki-
Mar 14, 2007, 01:47 AM
Mm, I agree with you Carbon. It would be a pain.
Then you'd see people trying to synth elemented rods/wands.
Where the rods/wands would have certain techs depending
on the elements. Great idea, no?

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 14, 2007, 01:48 AM
I was actually thinking about Melee and Bullet PAs. The Force PA pallets might need a more detailed adjustment.
something more easier than entering your inventory...

A2K
Mar 14, 2007, 01:53 AM
It's a nice thought, but I think it was designed the way it was specifically because they didn't think it should be that easy--to word it more precisely, I believe the intention was to prepare before actually going into a battle.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 14, 2007, 03:41 AM
On 2007-03-13 23:53, A2K wrote:
It's a nice thought, but I think it was designed the way it was specifically because they didn't think it should be that easy--to word it more precisely, I believe the intention was to prepare before actually going into a battle.

The system feels so flawed in my opinion.

Like say, for a force-type character whom has every single elemental rods in their palette, and they play at many different areas every so often... (being that each area has different elemental enemies, he/she keeps "a" rod for that reason(I know many of you do this.))

Then comes to the point where he/she runs out of Photon Charger in the midst of battle for a specific elemental rod (lets say he/she runs out of pp and pp chargers for a fire-based rod)...

What is the best thing to do?

I would say switch out the PA technics of one of the other rods... But going through the inventory is a pain!!!

So... that's why a few minutes ago I've finally thought of how the forces would use the PA palette idea as well:

*ADDING into the first post*

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/idea2.jpg

As you can see from the horrible photoshop I've done, each choice you make by pressing "->" or "right" will open up another palette choice as to which element, which technic (that you have learned upon that element), then which position to add onto the weapon you are currently equipping.

Canceling all of that can be done by maybe re-positioning the camera behind you (the camera button or so) or better yet, just let go of the "Activate Weapon Switch" button completely.

I've came up with these ideas since I saw many people just stand around during battle trying to enter their inventory and switch PAs on their weapons ( especially the Gunner snd Forces.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-14 02:10 ]</font>

Ash1ey
Mar 14, 2007, 03:43 AM
That is a really cool idea, I like it

Ryoki
Mar 14, 2007, 09:19 AM
I think this would work the best for Ranger types.

Tiyr
Mar 14, 2007, 09:52 AM
I've never understood why we can't link multiple PAs to a single melee weapon, honestly. If you've leveled enough of them and you can put four on a rod, why not allow multiple PAs on one weapons? I'd kill sometimes to be able to switch to Dus Robado from Daggas.

Yeah, this'd be great.

I mean, there're times I'd like to use Rising Crush, but in general I stay with Splendor and it's too much of a pain to switch mid-fight.

And this'll never happen, but Line Shield palette please. Half of us are switching for elements mid fight anyway.

Dhylec
Mar 14, 2007, 09:56 AM
On 2007-03-14 07:52, Tiyr wrote:
I've never understood why we can't link multiple PAs to a single melee weapon, honestly. If you've leveled enough of them and you can put four on a rod, why not allow multiple PAs on one weapons? I'd kill sometimes to be able to switch to Dus Robado from Daggas.

Yeah, this'd be great.

Think system limitation & game balancing.

Tiyr
Mar 14, 2007, 10:19 AM
I figured it was balance, my problem with it is mainly that the more situational PAs (like, say, assault crush or shunbu shouren-zan) stop seeing any real use. It'd be nice to get some benefit for having multiple PAs on a single weapon type.

Rashiid
Mar 14, 2007, 10:23 AM
for hunters/rangers, yeah that'll be good, for forces, that would be so effing confusingggggg.

since we can throw any tech on any rod, it would just be a long list of stuff.....

but for Sha`raun that would pwn!!

JAFO22000
Mar 14, 2007, 10:34 AM
Using that shortcut window, how would you decide which slot you would want to map the tech to? For example, if I have Foie on "X", Rafoie on "Y", Gifoie on "LT+X" and Damfoie on "LT+Y" and I wanted to put Rabarta on "Y", Zonde on "X", Resta on "LT+X", how would this be done?

Also, I tend to agree that being prepared is part of the mission. This would actually give an unfair advantage to forces and rangers over hunters.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 14, 2007, 10:38 AM
I agree, but rather than another spear(or weapon) on the side that when you highlight says the PA, they each have little symbols for them. Some have a bigger fatter sword. Some have a sword with an arc, some have a sword with two dots... etc. it should show that symbol to the right.

I've always been confused at least a little, that 2 handed melee weapons should get two PAs to link to them. I'm fine with single weapons getting one PA, because it still has two options like a wand(attack and PA), but two handed should definitely get two(attack and PA, secondary, attack and PA).
One handed ranged should get two PAs, but two handed ranged should also get at 4 PAs.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-03-14 08:41 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 14, 2007, 11:09 AM
I agree with A2K. Being prepared for battle is part of the game. I mean if we just want to make the game easier, why not just give us 30 palette slots?

Tiyr
Mar 14, 2007, 11:30 AM
Funny thing is, the palette slots matter MUCH less--at least to me. If I dry out a weapon, and can swap it out of the palette while running between fights. Six weapons to a fight is cake. It is kind of annoying to have to equip two different swords so I can jump with one and spin with the other. But hey, minor thing.

An a completely different note, does anyone else want to be able to have one weapon take multiple palette slots? It'd be handy to be able to use the same crossbow with both my dagger and saber, or something along those lines.

Sunwind
Mar 14, 2007, 11:41 AM
This needs to be added... email it to SoJ GM's maybe they will forward it to the devs.. there's always a chance... maybe..

Sylpheed
Mar 14, 2007, 11:44 AM
You
Are
A
Genius

MayLee
Mar 14, 2007, 11:48 AM
I just want maybe one or two more slots..A force needs more room to do some action.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sunwind
Mar 14, 2007, 11:55 AM
Definetly needs to be at least 2 more item slots if anything.

SuperRygar
Mar 14, 2007, 12:48 PM
this whole thing is not really needed. i have no problem adding new weapons to the palette in the middle of battle. its just like pso, the menu was made to be used while moving around. also, when you have a full palette and full photon charges that should last you until the end of the run, maybe adding a new weapon or too...its not that big of a hastle

Mayu
Mar 14, 2007, 01:10 PM
I like it 00

RadiantLegend
Mar 14, 2007, 01:22 PM
its a great idea.

gundam0079
Mar 14, 2007, 03:25 PM
sweet idea dj

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 14, 2007, 03:36 PM
Granted this is an interesting idea...but the addition would make it more complicated to learn for beginners. Everyone here would love it because they already know the game and have played it for XXX hours. You have to keep in mind beginners though. Its not exactly a simple thing.