PDA

View Full Version : This game needs an item mailbox.

-Rune-
Mar 14, 2007, 10:00 AM
What I mean is, not everyone is able to be on at the same time, from work to school to whatever. Sometimes people wanna give others things and not have to trade it to em. It'd be nice in the expansion if they added like a friend box or something. It would add to the wrapping up items as a gift effect. Anyone agree?

Alkaar
Mar 14, 2007, 10:07 AM
Oh heck yes, that would be a great feature to add. It reminds me of the mailbox system that Animal Crossing has http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Raysa
Mar 14, 2007, 10:07 AM
Good Idea, also be able to recieve mail when your offline -_-.

-Rune-
Mar 14, 2007, 10:16 AM
On 2007-03-14 08:07, Raysa wrote:

Tell me about it... I mean you kinda can, but the way they have it setup sucks. When you log out, or get DCed *for my case* the mail should still be saved. Even if it was the last page or two.

Rashiid
Mar 14, 2007, 10:18 AM
yeah that would, idk how many times i ran into;

Amigo: "hey Kandii i found this weapon, i was gonna give it to you, but u wernt online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif"

Mi: "aagghhhh @$^#%&$^#@$%"

Itchee
Mar 14, 2007, 11:10 AM
Agreed.
The shop search function need a serious overhaul too.....but that's for another thread.

MayLee
Mar 14, 2007, 11:10 AM
I can see it now...Wrapping Cosmo Fountains and placing them in their mailbos..Awsome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 14, 2007, 11:12 AM
Well, you can already set up deco's in someone else's room, and only the room owner can remove them... how about being able to drop items in rooms, and only the room owner can pick them up, maybe have an area items can be dropped in the room

THE JACKEL

CyarVictor
Mar 14, 2007, 11:17 AM
I agree with the item mailbox. Would be handy when you borrow a weapon and the other guy is not there, just slip it back into his box. Everyone has their own things that come up, so we're ot on constantly. Shop search engine does need an overhaul too.

-Rune-
Mar 14, 2007, 11:29 AM
Yea the shop search function is pretty terrible... ._. I wish it had an "advanced tab" you could click, where you could type in the price range you we're looking for. omg *drool* that'd rawk xD

CyarVictor
Mar 14, 2007, 11:31 AM
Also a refined word search or something so you can separate boards and the actual item insteadof getting a mixed and long search. Also have muitiple pages since currently you only see a handful of what's actually out there.

Kaydin
Mar 14, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-03-14 09:10, MayLee wrote:
I can see it now...Wrapping Cosmo Fountains and placing them in their mailbos..Awsome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My friend and I would abuse this like it's nobodys business.

The ones he put in my new shop char's room have been there for a week so far. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-03-14 09:32 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Mar 14, 2007, 11:46 AM
On 2007-03-14 09:12, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Well, you can already set up deco's in someone else's room, and only the room owner can remove them... how about being able to drop items in rooms, and only the room owner can pick them up, maybe have an area items can be dropped in the room

THE JACKEL

Why not? 90% of us are slobs anyway. We should have the option of dropping our stuff all over our room where we see fit, or wherever it happens to fall as we get lazy and tired. What a lovely idea! We can be closer to reality in a game!

*shrugs*

MayLee
Mar 14, 2007, 11:47 AM
We need a comment box too. So I can yell at people for pricing things too high.

Garnet_Moon
Mar 14, 2007, 11:48 AM
On 2007-03-14 09:47, MayLee wrote:

Comment boxes breed emo. Therefore, I don't like the idea.

CyarVictor
Mar 14, 2007, 11:48 AM
Maybe a lock on the mailbox so Maylee can't send us Maya's cooking.

MayLee
Mar 14, 2007, 11:52 AM
On 2007-03-14 09:48, CyarVictor wrote:
Maybe a lock on the mailbox so Maylee can't send us Maya's cooking.

>.>
<.<
>.>
But..but..it's to die for. =(

MayLee
Mar 14, 2007, 11:53 AM
On 2007-03-14 09:48, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I dun like you right now for not liking my idea. >=(

*Shoves Maya's Cooking in your mouth* >.>

Akaimizu
Mar 14, 2007, 11:54 AM
On 2007-03-14 09:52, MayLee wrote:

But..but..it's to die for from. =(

fixed.

MayLee
Mar 14, 2007, 11:54 AM
Meanies. >.<

CyarVictor
Mar 14, 2007, 11:55 AM
Plus it may cause all the other items to get messy.

Para
Mar 14, 2007, 01:09 PM
sending items via mail was available in PSO:BB... it makes me curious of why SEGA took it out... just like how they took out hotkeying for the PC version.

chibiLegolas
Mar 14, 2007, 01:16 PM
You can kinda exchange items with friends already by passwording a shop and placing items in the store, no? Just keep a $ system so that you all can remember (1 meseta?). It only works if each person involved got a spare character to open a shop specific for this tho.

Spacepest
Mar 14, 2007, 01:28 PM
I'm all for an ingame mail box, you have no idea how much it simplifies things.

The other MMMORPG I play, World of Warcraft, has a mailbox system that you can mail items and letters to other people in the game. It takes about an hour for a mailed item to reach its destination mailbox.

You have no idea how convenient this is. I will send unneeded items in the mail to my bank/shop alt, low level weapons I don't need to guild members who do need them, letters to friends coordinating later gaming sessions, ammo storage for the characters that use guns or bows, ALL WITHOUT HAVING TO GO BACK TO MY ROOM. I can keep my adventuring sessions out in the field, even if my inventory gets stuffed full of items, because I can just mail the extra stuff off to an alt.

Calo
Mar 14, 2007, 02:00 PM
You would think that they would have some sort of nano teleportation mail business on Guardians Colony. If the can shrink a sword down to nothing then im sure they could uplink it to your room box. A room uplink would be a great addition (one way mind, dont want to have a mass arsenal at your disposal, i like carrying only a couple of weapons).

Baku
Mar 14, 2007, 02:28 PM
yeah this feature was good in PSO don't know why is it was took out, would make sense to put it back. I can think of many occasions when I finished a few of my friends synths and they weren't online....AND when we did meet I'd forget them ><

-Rune-
Mar 14, 2007, 02:36 PM
Maybe it'll be added with a room expansion or something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Garnet_Moon
Mar 14, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-03-14 09:53, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-03-14 09:48, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I dun like you right now for not liking my idea. >=(

*Shoves Maya's Cooking in your mouth* >.>

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/6825/iconloveoi8.gif

Y.... Y... you really wub me! And Here I thought just hated me! You have opened my eyes with your love, caring, and comp.... compa.... pas.... p.... passio.... n..... x.x *dies*

FUFME
Mar 14, 2007, 03:23 PM
oh definatly, Sega needs to also modify the shop search and other little funcitons that really are basic and limited in this game. It's 2007, not 1987

Spacepest
Mar 14, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-03-14 12:00, Calo wrote:
You would think that they would have some sort of nano teleportation mail business on Guardians Colony. If the can shrink a sword down to nothing then im sure they could uplink it to your room box. A room uplink would be a great addition (one way mind, dont want to have a mass arsenal at your disposal, i like carrying only a couple of weapons).

Now there's an idea that would fit in the PSU world..."nano teleportation mail".

And while we're on the subject, does anyone else think we need the ability to hold more items? I'm constantly filling up with stuff when i'm out missioning...I would love to get some kind of upgrade to my nanobackpack thingie.

Umberger
Mar 14, 2007, 04:55 PM

I agree with this (although for a different reason).

It would allow for people to actually leave offers on weapons instead of waiting for the person to return to their room or something.

Itsuki
Mar 14, 2007, 04:58 PM
On 2007-03-14 08:16, -Rune- wrote:

On 2007-03-14 08:07, Raysa wrote:

Tell me about it... I mean you kinda can, but the way they have it setup sucks. When you log out, or get DCed *for my case* the mail should still be saved. Even if it was the last page or two.

Technically all mail you recieve is saved to your log folder. So if you disconnect or log out without reading something, its ALWAYS there.

But I guess it would be nice for PS2 / 360 players to have a way.