PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those of you whom play it on the 360.

xBeRx
Mar 14, 2007, 11:56 AM
Well, let me start off by introducing myself, my name is Alex Sanchez from Houston, TX. I haven't played PSO since back in the good ole days of PSO ver.1 on Dreamcast. I bought Episode I & II for the GC but never went online with it. About a week ago, I purchased an xbox360 and I'm pretty happy with it. To my surprise I found out PSU was released for the 360. [Shocker because I believed I heard it was only being released for the PS2/3?] Anywho, I have some questions for those of you whom play it on the 360. I'm currently playing the Trial Version, but I still need hard answers from full version players.

1] Is the voice chat reliable? What I mean is, can you tell who's talking when they're talking? Like a little icon appearing next to the name. I know on the Trial Version, it's just non stop talking and you don't even know WHO'S talking.

2] Is there a keyboard out for the 360? And if not, is any USB compatible with it? And how good does it work?

3] PVP?

4] What's the replay value on the game? I remember I could play PSO ver.1 over and over and over back in the day, but is it that great now?

5] What's with the offline story? I know you play as a specific character, but do you get to choose a class base? Or is that just online?

I think that's it for now, if I manage to get something else in my head, I'll ask in a new post.

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions,
Alex Sanchez

--
Mod edit: fix title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-03-14 15:04 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Mar 14, 2007, 11:59 AM
1)Pretty reliable. The name of the person lights up when they talk.
2)You can use a usb keyboard
3)No pvp
4)It's fun. You can change classes without changing your character. Lots of missions and sythesis. There's also pm leveling to do.
5)Not sure

Itchee
Mar 14, 2007, 12:00 PM
1. Somewhat. When someone speaks, their name turns orange.
2. Any USB KB is compatable.
3. No.
4. Personally, I would say theres about just as much online in PSU360 as there was for PSOXbox. Maybe more. They are adding content pretty frequently.
5. I dont play offline because I refuse to play with a scripted character SEGA chose for me. Playing with real people is infinetely better than playing with NPCs, as well....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-03-14 10:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-03-14 10:01 ]</font>

Kaydin
Mar 14, 2007, 12:02 PM
Well, I've never played the Xbox360 version, but here's what I do know.

3) No.
4) Offline - I played it once, don't plan to again. Online - Can't. Stop. Playing. It's like crack. Seriously.
5) You play as Ethan Waber. You can change between Hunter, Ranger and Force. The classes are very different than the online ones though. Hunters get S ranks in all melee weapons, Rangers get S in all ranged weapons, and Forces get S in all casting weapons. There are no expert classes (Fortefighter, Fortetecher, Wartecher, etc.)

Edit: Typo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-03-14 10:04 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Mar 14, 2007, 12:03 PM
4) To add to what CV said: Yeah, you can change class but you most likely will need to level new skills. You can only have 36 at a time, so if you switch between all three archetypes; Ranger, Force, Hunter, then expect to be re-leveling old skills back up from scratch. The 36 applies to all classes per character. You can have all the Melee PA's and switch to a Force, then you need to overwrite some to make way for your Force techs. Same for ranger.

5) Offline is only Hunter, Ranger and Force. Online, you have those to start out, then you have their advanced Forte version which is a stronger version of the previous. If you don't want to do a Forte, then you may do one of the hybrids. Like Fortegunner, for example, who is 2 parts melee, 1 part ranger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-03-14 10:05 ]</font>

xBeRx
Mar 14, 2007, 12:27 PM
Fortegunner? Fortetecher? Sorry, you guys lost me, I'm jumping from ver.1 to PSU. @_@''

Is there an online story? Or just all out questing? WOWesque?

Kaydin
Mar 14, 2007, 12:33 PM
There are Episode 2 story missions online, as well as missions.

Fortegunner, Fortetecher, etc. are "expert classes." You can access them by gaining the correct levels in the beginner classes - Hunter, Ranger and Force. The max level of any job is 10. Job levels are seperate from your character level.

Fortefighter - Need Hunter 10 - Pure melee.
Fortegunner - Ranger 10 - Pure ranged.
Fortetecher - Force 10 - Pure casting.
Fighgunner - Hunter 5, Ranger 3 - A mix of Hunter and Ranger, primarily Hunter.
Guntecher - Ranger 5, Force 3 - A mix of Ranger and Force, primarily Ranger.
Wartecher - Force 5, Hunter 3 - A mix of Force and Hunter, primarily Force.
Protranser - Hunter 5, Ranger 5, Force 5 - A class that uses traps and large weapons. Requires 5 Force but Protranser cannot use Wands/Rods/Technics.

More info here: http://phantasystaruniverse.com/community_guardiantypes.php

Nobo
Mar 14, 2007, 05:25 PM
1] yes, if you click in with the left controller stick names an lvs pop up and it will glow orange if they say something.
2] No, but you can just go out and buy any old usb keyboard, and it works fine
3] no
4] i play the game like 2 hours a day it can keep you satisfied for a while.
5] in offline story you do the missions your told and others that you cando when you want that are shorter version of the online one. Lastly, i dont know if you can switch your class offline but you can online.