PDA

View Full Version : True final boss thoughts...*SPOILERS*

Niered
Mar 14, 2007, 10:57 PM
As im sure most of you know by now, the Dulk Fakis you fight online is actually the 3rd Dulk Fakis in the game. The first one being the final boss of Story mode, a giant SEED infested Magashi, and the 2nd being the 3rd episode boss of the online story quests. Having the same creature be used 3 times (at least, since there are theoretically as many Fakis's as there are A-Photon reactors) seems a little anticlimactic.

Obviously ST has something in the works here, either to be released much later, or in the expansion.So heres 2 things to discuss right here:

1. What do you all think will be the true final boss? (Im not NECESSARILY asking for descriptions, but also possible origins.) Remember, we know that the SEED have been around at least as long as the ancient civilizations that created the relics have. So there pretty old.

My personal opinion is that the SEED and the Profound Darkness are one and the same, but others tend to disagree with that. Argue your opinion either way =)

2. Heres a little thing to think about. If im not mistaken, the JP servers have as of yet to get S2 Hive #3. Meaning that there is every possibility that S2 could have another 3rd form of Fakis at the end of it...*shudders* so discuss!

Zorafim
Mar 14, 2007, 11:13 PM
1: Profound darkness is the boss. With all these falzs running around, it's the only explanation.

NPCMook
Mar 14, 2007, 11:18 PM
Falz is not Fakis...

Falz is a Consciousness that takes over a being and turning them into Falz

Fakis is someone who has a severe reaction to the SEED-Virus

Kimil
Mar 14, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-03-14 21:18, NPCMook wrote:
Falz is not Fakis...

Falz is a Consciousness that takes over a being and turning them into Falz

Fakis is someone who has a severe reaction to the SEED-Virus

Sound like the same to me:

"Falz is the conciouness of someone who been taken over turning them into Flaz"

Just Change these little words...

"Falz Falkis is the conciouness of someone who been taken over by the SEED turning them into Falz Falkis"

NPCMook
Mar 14, 2007, 11:31 PM
Except Fakis is a Virus...

Niered
Mar 14, 2007, 11:34 PM
Basically, the two act enough alike that for all intents and purposes one could say they are one and the same. Were really only arguing details...then again...thats what makes this so fun =D

A2K
Mar 14, 2007, 11:35 PM
There is no L in Fakis.
There is no L in Fakis.
There is no L in Fakis.

*cough*

In any case it is entirely unknown whether a humanoid being is required at all for the creation of a Dulk Fakis. All we do know for certain is that one is born when a large number of SEED fuse with an A-photon reactor control system.

The concept of Dark Falz possessing people is nothing new, but in the classic games specifically it really isn't its defining characteristic.

Kimil
Mar 14, 2007, 11:37 PM
What about the D-cell (i think thats what they were called) that took over Flowen? and What ever the hell ate Rico's soul whole? Invading their systems, altering them to look something like the SEED-monsters.

I bet SEED-Virus, D-cell and the darkness that took Rico are all the same thing, givin a different name by different ppl.

Niered
Mar 14, 2007, 11:46 PM
Well it stands to reason that if 2 different civilizations came across the same lifeform they would name it differently, so there might not be any difference between D-Cells and SEED at all.

A2K
Mar 14, 2007, 11:53 PM
The SEED-Virus differs fundamentally in nature from the D-Factor in that it appears to be a biological pathogen, while the D-Factor was closer to photons themselves. The SEED-Virus has been shown to infect living people, but not much else. (Whether or not this differs from the virus from SEED zohma that corrupt native creatures, turning them into fire- or ice-types is unknown, although if they're not the same it's likely similar.)

The D-Factor, on the other hand, can not only mutate DNA but also infiltrate computer and mechanical systems.

One can't deny the end result in living creatures is similar, however.

Kimil
Mar 14, 2007, 11:55 PM
Viruses have different Stands right? Maybe D-cell and SEED are closely related, but still differ?

A2K
Mar 14, 2007, 11:58 PM
Well, as I said, the D-Factor isn't a virus. It's basically energy similar to photons, except unlike photons in PSO which were just energy, the D-Factor appeared to have a "will".

Niered
Mar 15, 2007, 12:01 AM
A2K reminded me of something, the SEED zohma that weve seen so far have only ever infected creatures and truned them to fire/ice. I always assumed that earth and lightning simply werent represented, but that idea was changed with the newest story mission.

The native creatures you fight there have all been reskinned (resembling the texture of a polavohra) and they all had lightning attributes. This obviously leads to the possibility of at least lightning zohma...which would be interesting to say the least. Since the fire and ice types had there own seperate ways of being dealt with, what could ST have in mind for defeating there lightning based cousins?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niered on 2007-03-14 22:02 ]</font>

NPCMook
Mar 15, 2007, 12:02 AM
Wasn't the D-cell synthised? And wasn't Heath basically fused together with the computer Olga in an attempt to save his life?(which obviously failed)

From what I understand, and yes I see Kimil's point about the Virus and Darkness being similar, basically from PSO you find the ruins left to lock up something monsterous and pure evil, then you get to PSU and the first SEED attack the monsters closely resemble those of PSO's ruins. When the communication from pioneer 2 and Ragol happened could have theoretically caused an A-photon reaction awakening The monsters in the ruins

Now we venture through the forest, ahh Boomas, Rappies, and Hildabears, oh my, find an abandoned dome Where at the time we fight what we believe is a very very pissed off dragon or perhaps it could have been an altered creature.

Then you get to the caves, and learn all the creatures are from the forest only altered by something soo now we've learned of the D-cell and De Rol Le, who was Man-made using the D-cell on a Native creature(just so you know I'm going completely off of memory so some of this could be wrong) you then learn that De Rol Le alters the creatures by injecting them with something, possibly a mutated form of the SEED-Virus?

Onto the mines, nothing really interesting here... just robots... really angry robots...

Then the discovery of the Ruins, where you run into SEED-Like monsters. Now onto my point... Perhaps the SEED originally blossomed on Ragol and they inhabitants of the planet managed to contain it there, the we stumble across is and unleash the SEED once again.

I think I may have gotten myself lost there... I tend to do that when I theorize stuff... If it makes sense to anyone feel free to move it along from there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Niered
Mar 15, 2007, 12:07 AM
It would be interesting at the very least if Pioneer 2 eventually gave up surviving on ragol. Had they just left it for a thousand years...the place could have gotten pretty ugly...Essentially a planet full of nothing but darkness and creatures infected by it. We have as of yet to find out WHERE the SEED originated, so this is as likely of a possibility as any other (unless of course you simply dont subscribe tothe theory that PSO and PSU are connected, i myself am divided on this.)

Kimil
Mar 15, 2007, 12:12 AM
I wonder.... Considering what Niered just said, I wonder if The people from Gural are the ppl of PIONEER 2 After they gave up on Ragol?

I wonder if SEGA merges PSO and PSU's stories (they can do this BTW), how will they do it?

Will they repeat PS4 where they find a forth PLanet? Will Ragol be found? the Forest Map screeny... makes me wonder

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-03-14 22:14 ]</font>

NPCMook
Mar 15, 2007, 12:14 AM
Honestly I wouldn't mind Ragol in PSU IF and only IF its the origin of the SEED... and has become completely overrun by the SEED...

Kimil
Mar 15, 2007, 12:15 AM
On 2007-03-14 22:14, NPCMook wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't mind Ragol in PSU IF and only IF its the origin of the SEED... and has become completely overrun by the SEED...

This is possible, I hope something like this happens http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

But... The Forest MAP may just be a V.R. map... like Temple and Spacship from PSO2

LOL, SEGA, COME ON IN, We'll write the plot for free! and do a better job than you BB! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-03-14 22:16 ]</font>

NPCMook
Mar 15, 2007, 12:23 AM
If the People of the Guhral system are in fact pioneer 2, lets assume some records of this is found, and the forest FMV scene showing a Hunter exploring and searching as a records of what happened to Pioneer 1's people. Then they make the connection of Ragol and SEED then set out to find Ragol to find only a ravaged planet of darkness

Just a thought of a boss but a SEED infected Dragon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif or De Rol Le being a common enemy no longer bound to the sewers but attacking you on dry land?

After all Where did all the Rappies come from? obviously they couldn't just fly from Ragol to Parum and such. They had to of been put there by someone... unless they are just a really cuddly looking form of SEED monsters...

Niered
Mar 15, 2007, 12:38 AM
NPCMook, dont forget, the De Rol Le was a constantly evolving creature. The Barba Ray simulation was what it would look like if given the chance to evolve in open waters, but we never got to see what would happen if given an immeasurable amount of time to evolve, not even taking into effect the amount of D-Matter possibly absorbed by it on a planet covered in darkness.

Complete conjecture, but fun nonetheless.

I really am liking this idea of ragol having become infested. A "Dark star" of sorts. Think of all your favorite areas of PSO, just made 10 times more foreboding by a thousand years of decay and infection. Hell, the HIVE's are pretty creepy, like the inside of a living organism, and a ragol in PSU's timeline that would be worse then that...eep.

Jungles and Forest would be the most interesting (by my standards at least) places to see infected. Canopies of huge, sickly looking trees blotting out all but the tiniest amount of sunlight...dripping with dark slime into swamps of grey mud...hoohoo...that would make me so happy.

Assuming that Pioneer 1 was still there, exploring an infected city would be quite a feat as well.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 15, 2007, 12:40 AM
On 2007-03-14 22:02, NPCMook wrote:
Wasn't the D-cell synthised? And wasn't Heath basically fused together with the computer Olga in an attempt to save his life?(which obviously failed)

From what I understand, and yes I see Kimil's point about the Virus and Darkness being similar, basically from PSO you find the ruins left to lock up something monsterous and pure evil, then you get to PSU and the first SEED attack the monsters closely resemble those of PSO's ruins. When the communication from pioneer 2 and Ragol happened could have theoretically caused an A-photon reaction awakening The monsters in the ruins

Now we venture through the forest, ahh Boomas, Rappies, and Hildabears, oh my, find an abandoned dome Where at the time we fight what we believe is a very very pissed off dragon or perhaps it could have been an altered creature.

Then you get to the caves, and learn all the creatures are from the forest only altered by something soo now we've learned of the D-cell and De Rol Le, who was Man-made using the D-cell on a Native creature(just so you know I'm going completely off of memory so some of this could be wrong) you then learn that De Rol Le alters the creatures by injecting them with something, possibly a mutated form of the SEED-Virus?

Onto the mines, nothing really interesting here... just robots... really angry robots...

Then the discovery of the Ruins, where you run into SEED-Like monsters. Now onto my point... Perhaps the SEED originally blossomed on Ragol and they inhabitants of the planet managed to contain it there, the we stumble across is and unleash the SEED once again.

I think I may have gotten myself lost there... I tend to do that when I theorize stuff... If it makes sense to anyone feel free to move it along from there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Eh, kinda, but that really falls apart when you realize that Ruins is really the remains of the crash of the Alissa III. Of course, this is never officially stated, but is extremely likely (at least in my opinion). I expect that any connection between Gural and the people of Ragol/Pioneer/Coral will be just as tenuous.

Oh, and we already have the traditional fourth planet. The Guardians Colony is Rykross.

I'm hoping that "Ragol areas" exist only as the hypothesized VR areas, unless they can very convincingly draw the link between PSO and PSU. There's definitely opportunity to connect the stories, but I have a feeling they will screw it up horribly if they attempt something epic, for the storytelling of the PS series isn't exactly what it used to be.

Zorafim
Mar 15, 2007, 12:41 AM
If Ragol became infected, that would be a depressing ending to a depressing game.

I'm all for it.

Phantomface
Mar 15, 2007, 12:53 AM
someone up there said a comment about "the SEED-form domains looking like a living creature" and that sparked my imagination. dont the HIVEs look suprisingly similar in background layout to Ruins 3 of PSO? you never know...

and another thing, if ST wanted to tie the plots together, they would have to compensate for the SEED being drawn towards A-photons...

Niered
Mar 15, 2007, 01:00 AM
Okay, so basically, IF (and this is a pretty big IF) ST were going to somehow tie PSO and PSU together, there would have to be a few things worked out. (Most notably, how to fit the CASTS and Newmans in to the great war without changing some dates of their creation)
But heres how I would do it:

-After having wasted a good hundred years trying to terraform and cultivate Ragol, the leaders of Pioneer 2 eventually give up in lieu of the fact their planet is infected by a dark god that resurrects every 1000 years. They then move on to the next possible system, Gurhal. During this time period Ragol basically becomes a planet of darkness, with rapidly evolving creatures that take over the planet. Not a nice place to be.
-Upon arriving in Gurhal, Pioneer 2 sets up camp on any one of the 3 planets (Though I personally would think it fanservice to say the Gaurdians colony was built out of the Pioneer 2, although that would be a stretch considering the outdated tech.) Beasts are developed for use in the mines of Moatoob, they lead the revolt, causing the Newms and CASTS to uprise with them, we have the giant war, yadda yadda, peace for a hundred years...and-

BAM.

SEED arrive. And if we wanna still get nostalgic thats plenty of history to be put into a thousand year cycle, so that means the whole ressurection system could be kept intact as well. Magashi goes apeshyt, gets infected, dies at the hands of Ethan, which brings us to online story mode where none of us have an idea as to whats going on, except that the Sochee is BAD.

Ok, that still doesnt explain the Ancient Civilization, and the old PS games cant quite be the basis for that since didnt one of the planets get destroyed? Sorry, I never played the old ones, I just read all i could about them.

But you could say that it only SEEMED to be destroyed...I mean...that would explain the ring of debris around Moatoob right? Maybe just a huge explosion, not planet destroying though...

Oh, and as a sidenote, even though im not a big Kireek fan, they should totally make him the secret leader of G.R.M.. That would make so much sense (apart from his death in PSO) its not even funny.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 15, 2007, 01:34 AM
Kireek didn't die. If you played Episode 4 at all, you know Kireek pulls a Sinow Zoa and is now one of the good guys, while the "evil military dude" is Leo Grahart, who is just some evil dude you never find out anything about. Oh, and there's this meteor and a HUEG dark snake boss that has something to do with Rupika, that random FOney you rescued in one of the early single-player Episode 1 quests (the one where you first meet Bernie, the name of it escapes me at the moment). Dunno, lol. The Episode 4 story definitely had promise, but it didn't make any coherent sense, because so much of the plot was just never revealed or even hinted at.

Anyway, the only way I can see this working is if the People of Gural have had no contact whatsoever (or only a very minimal amount of contact, to explain things such as the Hounds cast parts and Crea weapons that resemble their PSO counterparts) with the people of Ragol/Pioneer/Coral (let us not forget, people, that the reasons for leaving Coral were never fully explained. Is perhaps Gural another name for Coral, and they left during the great wars? This to me seems more likely than other connections, though it is still very unlikely, as I always thought of Coral as a single planet).

As for Dulk and the Seed being somehow related to "D-cellular sublifeforms" and Falz and the Profound Darkness, if they do somehow link PSO and PSU with respect to plot in any meaningful fashion, I do not see how they can avoid somehow linking the Seed to Falz, as it is almost too obvious. However, I still think the PSO-like areas will just show up as a VR type of thing with little to no explanation at all, leaving any links between the Seed and Falz as pure theorycraft.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-03-14 23:37 ]</font>

NPCMook
Mar 15, 2007, 01:34 AM
On 2007-03-14 22:15, Kimil wrote:
LOL, SEGA, COME ON IN, We'll write the plot for free! and do a better job than you BB! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Lol if only... Maybe Royalties, or small cameos of our online personalities?

NPCMook
Mar 15, 2007, 01:41 AM
Most likely if they do, the D-Cell will just be a mutated form of the SEED-Virus

As for De Rol Le, perhaps a level where you get a massive life form reading somewhere in the oceans. when you go to investigate a Large evolved version of De Rol le appears

Perhaps a Reactivated Volt Op? Perhaps Mobile?

or... uhm what was the other one... Volt Op, Olga, and I forget the other one... you had to rescue it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 15, 2007, 01:44 AM
If anything, the Seed and the D-Factor must be one and the same (or slight variations of the same thing). Otherwise, linking them would not make much sense chronologically.

landman
Mar 15, 2007, 02:59 AM
On 2007-03-14 23:00, Niered wrote

Ok, that still doesnt explain the Ancient Civilization, and the old PS games cant quite be the basis for that since didnt one of the planets get destroyed? Sorry, I never played the old ones, I just read all i could about them.

But you could say that it only SEEMED to be destroyed...I mean...that would explain the ring of debris around Moatoob right? Maybe just a huge explosion, not planet destroying though...

Parum/Parma (classic) was destroyed, an asteroid belt was around the Algol Star in its place, but, I recognise the first time I saw Ghural planets I thought it was Algol, with Parum being an artificial or artificially reconstructed planet or something and Dezolis having its ice melt etc...

Weeaboolits
Mar 15, 2007, 03:24 AM
On 2007-03-14 23:41, NPCMook wrote:
Most likely if they do, the D-Cell will just be a mutated form of the SEED-Virus

As for De Rol Le, perhaps a level where you get a massive life form reading somewhere in the oceans. when you go to investigate a Large evolved version of De Rol le appears

Perhaps a Reactivated Volt Op? Perhaps Mobile?

or... uhm what was the other one... Volt Op, Olga, and I forget the other one... you had to rescue it.

Calus

btw, i think it's more likely that SEED would have come from d-cell than vice-versa, as d-cell appears to work at a more fundamental level than SEED.

Mewn
Mar 15, 2007, 04:43 AM
Fakis might be a Kubara copy of Falz/Force. Possibly.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But seriously, I think Dark Falz/Dark Force/whatever the hell they call him this time will be the true final boss, and Fakis is a less powerful monster in Falz' own image (hence the similar name, something about the name 'Dulk Fakis' just screams crappy fake to me).

Ravennittes
Mar 15, 2007, 05:03 AM
What if the ORIGINAL civilization that was destroyed by the SEED was the civilization left over from Ragol? The few surviving members of said civilization rebuild their numbers, seal the 'relics' sites (a-photon reactor sites), and kill the remaining Seed on the planets.

Several thousand years later, the current story line happens where it's OMG IT'S THE SEED!!!one!1 Where Magashi 'died' (3+ times).... we all know that one.

What about the name of the expansion? Ambitions of Illuminus? Who are the Illuminus? (If they were mentioned, I never do online story missions)

Sylpheed
Mar 15, 2007, 07:08 AM
Falzs' destruction in PSO brought about the birth of the seed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Vhex
Mar 15, 2007, 07:40 AM
*Contains alot of Spoilers*

Dulk Falkis is a mistranslation of an alternate spelling for Dark Force. His name most likely should be: "Dark Faulkz"... Huzzah for segrish and half-assedness.

The final boss is the souce of SEED (A.k.a. Dark Matter) itself. In the Phantasy Star Series a Dark Force (also known as: Dark Phallus, Dark Faltz, Olga Flow, Umbala {ep.3},Dulk Falkis) is merely a person of great power and influence being completely overtaken by their nightmares (induced by contact with dark matter). IE: King Lassic, Red Ring Rico, Heathclith Flowen, Blitz, Magashi, Orson Waber.

Dark Force is a 'nightmare' a dream-turned real version of the souce: Profound Darkness. If anything the End Boss will be with the Ambition of Illuminous expansion, My guess is that it will be Profound Darkness.

This is my speculation I've beat all the PS series. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Force_%28Phantasy_Star%29
(for those who haven't played PS 1-5)

OH BTW:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/PstarIV_profound_darkness_3.gif
This is what Profound Darkness looks like.

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/image/game_smode_ch05.png
This is what Renvolt Magashi looks like.

LOOK SIMILAR? MAGASHI IS THE ACTUAL DARK FORCE NOT A MANIFESTATION IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-03-15 05:51 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Mar 15, 2007, 08:10 AM
you know...A2K is wrong

D-cells, also known as D-cells, and later as "the germ" share just about every aspect of themselves with what we call SEED.

Falz however is different from Fakis. Fakis is a mutated being who has been driven insane. Falz however is an entity that reincarnate through mutating others and taking over their body. In other words Fakis is the body and Falz is the mind.

And once again... Coral and Gurhal are not in anyway derived from each other as their histories show this very simply through the creation of their races and their tech levels and their political stability.

oh also...the reason that SEED attack Gurhal has been said to be because of A-Photons which is prolly their food. If it is their food they would be highly energetic in themselves and being that Falz has been in hibernation for thousands of years he could have collected all the energy he needed and that is why they can extract energy from the germs rather than the germs feeding on the a-photons...and even the card technology mutates and deteriorates animals and objects placed in it meaning that they are absorbing energy from them as well

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-03-15 06:15 ]</font>

A2K
Mar 15, 2007, 09:26 AM
On 2007-03-15 05:40, Vhex wrote:
Dulk Falkis is a mistranslation of an alternate spelling for Dark Force. His name most likely should be: "Dark Faulkz"... Huzzah for segrish and half-assedness.

In every Phantasy Star game prior, the original Japanese name of the beast was Daaku Farasu (rendered in katakana). In PSU, the boss is known as Daruku Fakisu. The translation is as accurate as it can be (as the Us are de-emphasized and can often be omitted). The word "dark" is never written as "Daruku"--always "Daaku", as it has been in the past. (Personally, I would have preferred "Dalk" over "Dulk," but that's just me.) Farasu has been translated as Falz or Force--Force doesn't really "fit" exactly, either, but with translation you have a bit of leeway with that sort of thing anyway.

On 2007-03-15 06:10, DurakkenX wrote:
D-cells, also known as D-cells, and later as "the germ" share just about every aspect of themselves with what we call SEED.

Don't confuse the true D-Factor with its end result--mutations in cells resulting in D-Cellular Sub-lifeforms. It's stated repeatedly in canon material that the D-Factor is energy, which fundamentally separates it from the SEED-Virus, which is a biological pathogen like the flu or Ebola.

The D-Factor can infiltrate not only biology but also technology (as was the case with Vol Opt and Olga, and to an extent Calus before you "save" him). The SEED-Virus (so far) cannot. If you start up Story Mission 4 with a CAST character after returning from the Hive #2 in Mission 3, Mina will remark that you won't need a medical examination because of your character's nature.

Which isn't to say that the virus could not have been created by something akin to the D-Factor, mind you, but realize the differences here.

"The Germ" can't be exactly the same thing, either, for if it were, Episode III probably wouldn't have come up with another name for it entirely separate from D-Factor or the D-cells that result from it.

Niered
Mar 15, 2007, 12:01 PM
Wow, lots of extremely intelligent respons =D

So i spent all last night reading the PS1-4 wikipedia entries. Understood most of it (Cept 3 and that whole generational deal...that was confusing to say the least) Just learning about the rich history and mythology of the games.

But in response to Vhex, well...I doubt it. Magashi doesnt seem like much of a profound darkness to me, more of just a slave/pawn. Although I will admit the wings do seem to correlate the two.

Also, Im intruiged by this whole Kireek deal in Ep. 4. What exactly happened to him?

Kimil
Mar 15, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-03-15 10:01, Niered wrote:

Also, Im intruiged by this whole Kireek deal in Ep. 4. What exactly happened to him?

I'd like to know also. I never faught for the Soul Eater, so I dunno anything about Kireek.

CaptainYuki
Mar 15, 2007, 01:25 PM
In the case of the mines, the robots were all being controlled by a "seed" infected Vol-Opt and as it turns out, the seed can infect computers.

Saigan
Mar 15, 2007, 01:28 PM
On 2007-03-14 21:53, A2K wrote:
The SEED-Virus differs fundamentally in nature from the D-Factor in that it appears to be a biological pathogen, while the D-Factor was closer to photons themselves. The SEED-Virus has been shown to infect living people, but not much else. (Whether or not this differs from the virus from SEED zohma that corrupt native creatures, turning them into fire- or ice-types is unknown, although if they're not the same it's likely similar.)

The D-Factor, on the other hand, can not only mutate DNA but also infiltrate computer and mechanical systems.

One can't deny the end result in living creatures is similar, however.

SEED virus CAN infect mechanical and electrical systems, examples being the HIVE satellites (which were not always HIVEs) and Dulk Fakis which has been explained as a SEED that has merged with the control center for a HIVE. My money is on another PS4 plot. Something messed up a seal SOMEWHERE and now the SEED have shown up. Remember the news reports at the beginning of the story mode? Strange solar activity; I'm betting there's a Profound Darkness similar creature sealed away in the Gurhal sun.

Krisan
Mar 15, 2007, 02:00 PM
And other than what Saigan already pointed out.. It has been proven Cast's be infected as well, not just because Magashi turns into Fakis at the end of story mode, but also because he appears.. quasi-fused with the SEED at one point in the story mode while Ethan is on Neudaiz.

To be honest, I think Mina doesn't know what she's talking about, and the Guardians as a whole probably have such a terribly loose grasp on the concept of what's going on here that they don't really know much better either.

Sc0pe
Mar 15, 2007, 02:09 PM
to throw another Idea into the pot, during PSO episode 3, wasn't Pioneer 3 launched and was never heard of again?

Niered
Mar 15, 2007, 02:12 PM
Is that true? I never played enough of Ep. 3 to find out what happened.

Kimil
Mar 15, 2007, 02:28 PM
Really? haha, here we go. PLOT TWISTS Pionner 3...?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 15, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-03-15 10:01, Niered wrote:
Well, if you do the Episode 1 Soul Eater subplot, it isn't explained too terribly well, but you get the impression that Kireek just goes insane slowly over a period of time and wants to kill you for some reason.

In Episode 4, he just reappears as a good guy and, along with Bernie, Ash, and Sue, helps you rescue Rupika from Leo Grahart. None of it is really ever explained.

WrathOfMegid
Mar 15, 2007, 04:21 PM
One thing I think should be considered when trying to connect PSO to PSU is what the SEED are attracted to vs. what D-Factor is attracted to. The seed are attracted to A-photon reactors, specifically, the energy signature that identifies them. The D-Factor was not attracted to raw energy per se, it's goal was self replication and mutation, not just energy aquisition. However, SEED-Vance does bear a striking resemblance to D-Factor mutated enemies. So here's my theory:

The SEED virus was originally a nondescript pathogen that *just* happened fit the D-Factor's need perfectly, so now instead of D-Factor we have D-Factor-created SEED virus, etc.
There is a large, SEED/D-Factor infested celestial body, planet sized probably, somewhere in the near-lightyear vicinity of the Gurhal system, possibly an over-infested Ragol. These SEED are attracted to photon energy, but the only source strong enough to be felt at that distance is an A-Photon reactor, so the system is safe otherwise.

As for the sunspots:

The celestial body might be relatively mobile, so it itself moves when it senses enough photon energy. Thus it's proximity to Gurhal sun could alter the sun's magnetic field, creating sunspots. However, this would also affect the nearby planets, so as of now, this sunspot theory is probably bunk, but it's what I got.

Saigan
Mar 15, 2007, 04:23 PM
On 2007-03-15 12:09, Sc0pe wrote:
to throw another Idea into the pot, during PSO episode 3, wasn't Pioneer 3 launched and was never heard of again?

Actually they mention that Pioneer 3 was launched in ep 1&2. Hopkin's father makes mention of it sometimes after trading him photon drops. I can't remember mention of in ep3 but to be honest I didn't play 3 as heavily as 1&2.

omegapirate2k
Mar 15, 2007, 04:27 PM
Well, judging by the way things are shaping up, something to do with Olson Waber is highly likely.

WrathOfMegid
Mar 15, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-03-15 14:27, omegapirate2k wrote:
Well, judging by the way things are shaping up, something to do with Olson Waber is highly likely.

That's the second time his name has come up. Who is this man? Spoilers don't matter, just tell me straight up, please.

Zorafim
Mar 15, 2007, 04:32 PM
Erm, Ethan's father. You learn that in the first offline chapter, I believe.

WrathOfMegid
Mar 15, 2007, 04:34 PM
My memory must suck, then, because I don't remember. But how would he be involved?

omegapirate2k
Mar 15, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-03-15 14:34, WrathOfMegid wrote:
My memory must suck, then, because I don't remember. But how would he be involved?

Everyone thinks he's dead, but I suspect he may have a role in the story somewhere, but I don't know anything for sure, he may just be dead.

Either way, we'll see.

Saigan
Mar 15, 2007, 04:45 PM
I hope they don't do something stupid with Orson Waber.

OMG MAGASHI = ORSON! HAX!!!11!!

Helly
Mar 15, 2007, 04:49 PM
Olson is probably gonna be the leader of the Illuminus and in the end prolly get infected by Seed and turn into an Olga Flow-ish final superboss!

omegapirate2k
Mar 15, 2007, 05:00 PM
On 2007-03-15 14:45, Saigan wrote:
I hope they don't do something stupid with Orson Waber.

OMG MAGASHI = ORSON! HAX!!!11!!

Stupid plot twists make omega a sad panda.

Esufer
Mar 15, 2007, 05:16 PM
Final Boss: Olson Waber, corrupted by SEED. I reckon he'll also be heading the Illuminus.

Betcha.

Zer0_ConvoY
Mar 15, 2007, 06:58 PM
here's what I think:
Somewhere in various parts of the galaxy there are various versions of the solar system of PSU/PS1-4/PSO and those are the ones that we play, what I'm about to talk about as the source of the seed may be one of the PS worlds already covered, maybe the ancients that left the RELICS behind lured dark falz/force/the profound darkness to this place or maybe its an unrelated place not yet covered in a PS game.

somewhere the profound darkness was sealed away(yet again) and the seal weekend, not enough to free the darkness directly, but it was able to corrupt life on/in the planet/solar system/ship/etc. and eventually turned it into interstellar vessels containing what we call the SEED. This time though the profound darkness has a new plan, create something similar to dark falz(ultimatly the final/perfect life form it intends to use to wreak havoc on the galaxy after it destroys the heroes that always try to stop it) instead of creating dark falz and start to corrupt the person capable of destroying the imposter falz as whoever can do that is immensly powerful and a very good candidate to start turning into a true falz. This explains the differences between things like D-cells and seed infection etc. D-cells may have been the initial form of mutation, but may just be used to make a more potent form of control(SEEDS)

Ethan kills fakis, Ethan becomes the new focus of the profound darkness, he is fighting it with the divine maiden, but has his problems(apparent attempt to kill president). the darkness probably wants to create chaos in the gov'ts so that they can't organize an attack against falz this time.

Illuminus(sp?) is probably someone(s) else under the influence of the darkness (some may say ethan's father, maybe even brought back from the dead) trying to make the perfect SEED infection to give to Ethan so that when Ethan's mind is finally taken over by the darkness he can be infected by the SEED and become a true Dark Falz, or they are trying to make super soldier SEED so that Falz will have an army to control. This would all yeild the profound darkness having enough power to probably break his seal wherever he is this time.

To sum up, I expect Ethan to be the true end boss which we should see in the expansion... unless Lalia defeats/frees him and gets overtaken, I only think of this now bacause I donno if ST would actually turn the first hero into an outright villian like that... now I just reinterested my self, time to think more.

Sharkyland
Mar 15, 2007, 07:10 PM
I still remember that trailer with the nine headed dragon... though with the opening with Mirei and that 'planet' is just a guess that's where we are going to fight him/her/it...

Though I forgot who I was talking about and reminising about Phantasy Star IV.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-03-15 17:11 ]</font>

Saphion
Mar 15, 2007, 07:11 PM
Clearly, it's going to be Yuji Naka.

Clearly.

omegapirate2k
Mar 15, 2007, 07:12 PM
9 headed dragon, you say?

Interesting.

Sharkyland
Mar 15, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-03-15 17:12, omegapirate2k wrote:

Interesting.

I'm guessing you haven't seen that early trailer yet.

NPCMook
Mar 15, 2007, 07:15 PM
I don't remember a 9 headed dragon in the teaser trailer...

Anyways, chances are Kireek is dead/shut down/Master Nav(Joking or am I?). After all it is stated that Casts do have long life spans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif(and I know Master Nav is only like 250 years old...)

Well from what I got from the story, Olson is gone... Not saying he's dead, nor is he alive perhaps Olson was a Pannon you killed?

Olga Flow wasn't really a Dark Falz... he was more of a corrupted Computer/Human infected with the D-Cell... then again I guess you could say he his a Dark Falz... but nothing really major when it comes to the SEED

omegapirate2k
Mar 15, 2007, 07:17 PM
On 2007-03-15 17:15, Sharkyland wrote:

On 2007-03-15 17:12, omegapirate2k wrote:

Interesting.

I'm guessing you haven't seen that early trailer yet.

No I haven't, link me.

NPCMook
Mar 15, 2007, 07:25 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=905 Seriously its just an early version of Ethan, Karen/Mirie, Leo, Tonnio, and 2 mystery Casts going against De Ragnus... who only has 2 heads...

omegapirate2k
Mar 15, 2007, 07:28 PM
I thought it might have been a teaser trailer for the expansion, I guess not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Itoshi
Mar 15, 2007, 07:54 PM
Let me take a shot at this.

Ok, lets start from some knowledge I got from looking at some stuff I found about PSO.

Alright, so Coral was a nice planet, but then there was something called the Unification War. I think this is what began to tear the planet apart. 1,000 years A.U.W (After Unification War) the planet couldn't hold and they had to move. Go Pioneer 1. They land on the planet, do some naughty stuff there. Find a space ship of some kind(Possibly a sealed temple with the apperance of a ship), they open it up, and it strikes.

Darkness appears.

The creatures act strangly, Most become infected. (Caves monsters.) Pioneer 2 is coming down when BWOOOSHHH Pioneer 1's inhabitants are swept away by a the Blue Burst(What I call it). You go down to plaent kill darkness infected stuffs woot woot do your stuff, Kill the mega virus king (Dark Falz). But I still think the darkness is still there, clearly shown in EP. 2

More mysteries, and you can also see that...

In EP. 2, the darkness has evolved.

Same thing in Ep. 3

Ep. 4 Red Burst happens have no idea what thats gotta do with the darkness.

OK. Now we get to the good part. Let's say that the Pioneer 2 people Now move to Gurhal. Now lets say this galaxy is the light and Ragol's galaxy is the dark. Some day they will conflict.

Lets say Pioneer 2 becomes the first Guardians Colony (Not called that right now.) where the many people can branch off. Scientists create beasts and guess what.

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF. The next unification war takes place. Then they got peace, WHICH HAPPENED!

Then we get Seed attacks. Now this is what I think.

I think since we got anew generation going on here. (Say it took 1000 years for them to get settled down in gurhal and have the U.W) The world has forgotten what they Unlocked before.

Ragol's darkness reaches the limit, Shoots out and spreads. SEED as we know it, is born, and there is a lot of it.

Gurhal gets attacked by SEED, and so does other places as well. Dark Falkis is the Dark leader, but not the Mega one, Because there are more than one.

The End of the World is coming or something. And I can't wait.

Niered
Mar 15, 2007, 09:16 PM
So basically, were all agreed that the idea of Ragol becoming an infected wasteland of darkness is pretty cool, but if thats the case, anyone got any ideas on how to stop it?

I mean, after all, if it IS the cause of all this, then its not exactly gonna stop sendin seed zohma our way until its dealt with. The thousand year seal looks to have been pretty weakened (if not destroyed entirely) so im thinking that Espers are gonna be needed again...probably a large amount of help from the Maiden, and bit of the Holy Light as well.

DurakkenX
Mar 15, 2007, 09:35 PM
Itoshi... Go read the PSOBB website... they have a time line

Ragol will not be a wasteland v.v and more than likely the event that take place in PSO are only happening a short time before PSU's story if they are connected

Schubalts
Mar 15, 2007, 09:46 PM
So..uh. I thought people gave up on trying to connect PSO and PSO after that ST interview...