PDA

View Full Version : More spawn table variances

Tiyr
Mar 15, 2007, 11:55 AM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, and maybe I'm just losing it or something, but it seems like either some of the spawn tables on PSUPedia are just wrong, or ST's been messing with the creature layouts.

Couple of plains overlords runs today I've had have had spawn layouts that, according the what's listed, shouldn't exist. Not even talking about rare spawn maps, just variations in initial block spawns.

Am I just being retarded or has anyone else noticed this?

Lord_Draco
Mar 15, 2007, 12:03 PM
I have also noticed this with Plains Overlord. I was soloing this on S the other day and was taking a look at the spawn charts for rappies and I remember doing a run that mimiced the rare spawn map. I believe the run was "no cave at the start" and started with block one having Koltova x2 and Polty x3. Although I don't remember the spawns after that, but just that the numbers of enemies did not match with psupedia's maps.

Tiyr
Mar 15, 2007, 12:05 PM
That's the one I was thinking of in particular, although none of the C-type maps seems to be matching up today.

I also got a few maps I'd never seen on Zoal Goug yesterday, although I haven't done that enough to say whether it was there or not. They certainly have the ability to, so I wonder if ST's messed with some of the mission layouts when they did the creature rebalancing.

Itsuki
Mar 15, 2007, 12:09 PM
Keep in mind spawn patterns aren't the end all. Also, some patterns on S are slightly different. The last thing you have to remember is that they generally only list the most common map variants. Theres usually some really strange rare map variants that don't have rare montsers. But they aren't well documented because well, nobody cares about a rare map variant that doesn't have rare monsters.