PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 roleplaying.

Esufer
Mar 15, 2007, 05:19 PM
When's this starting? I heard it mentioned, and want it to start already!

Sychosis
Mar 15, 2007, 05:31 PM
I'll make a topic in fanworks tomorrow, ok?!

omegapirate2k
Mar 15, 2007, 05:31 PM
Ask Sychosis, he was talking about it earlier.

EDIT: Oh he posted before me, nevermind XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-03-15 15:35 ]</font>

Tahldon
Mar 15, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-03-15 15:31, Sychosis wrote:

Tomorrow!?

WTFCOFFEE. What are you doin NOW?! NOTHIN!

Git 'er done!

omegapirate2k
Mar 15, 2007, 05:39 PM
On 2007-03-15 15:38, Tahldon wrote:

What are you doin NOW?! NOTHIN!

He's uploading pictures, isn't he? *looks at sychosis menacingly*

Sychosis
Mar 15, 2007, 05:42 PM
On 2007-03-15 15:39, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-15 15:38, Tahldon wrote:

What are you doin NOW?! NOTHIN!

He's uploading pictures, isn't he? *looks at sychosis menacingly*

I am! I am!

omegapirate2k
Mar 15, 2007, 05:43 PM
That's good, we don't want that pretty little PM of yours to get into an "accident", now do we?

Esufer
Mar 15, 2007, 05:50 PM
Yeah....

About the PM...

*hides his dagger poorly behind his back and kicks a pile of scrap metal behind a convieniently placed low wall*

Tahldon
Mar 15, 2007, 06:00 PM
Yeah.. Hurry before I sik Hina on that "PM" of yours.

Rashiid
Mar 15, 2007, 06:19 PM
er...can i play??

Sychosis
Mar 15, 2007, 06:30 PM
You're into roleplay Rashiid?

Rashiid
Mar 15, 2007, 06:33 PM
eh, idk much about it, if its fun, then i guess i could learn....

only things w/ 'RolePlay' in it that ive played are the FF games.....

omegapirate2k
Mar 15, 2007, 06:35 PM
Personally, I'd have to see how you RP in an RPG, but who knows, I might like it XD

Rashiid
Mar 15, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-03-15 16:35, omegapirate2k wrote:
Personally, I'd have to see how you RP in an RPG, but who knows, I might like it XD

yeah im so confused.....
this is the 1st MMO ive played (1st game i ever heard of the term MMO lol)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-03-15 16:41 ]</font>

Tahldon
Mar 15, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-03-15 16:35, omegapirate2k wrote:

It'll be easy given good subject matters.

Rashiid
Mar 15, 2007, 06:49 PM
SO WHAT DO I DO!?!?!? :angry:

MayLee
Mar 15, 2007, 06:52 PM
I want to Role Play...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rashiid
Mar 15, 2007, 06:55 PM
do i need to make a new character to role play? (if so im makin mah Protranser http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

MayLee
Mar 15, 2007, 07:02 PM
I made 3 chars for Role playing and am in the middle of a story plot for them

Sharkyland
Mar 15, 2007, 07:08 PM
It's going to take a while for me to actually get my webpage up and running so I'll just post my character's short bio.

Amethyst
- Amethyst's parents were killed when she was young. Ever since then she has been struggling with life carrying a burden with school, part time jobs, taking care of her younger brother, as well as being a Guardian. It always seems tomorrow is just another day she has to survive through. Even though she can be a harsh and demanding at times, she cares about those around her.

Pink Mag
- Pink Mag was inflicted with amnesia after found laying down on the ground unconscious in the middle of the forests of Neudaiz. She decides to become a guardian because she has some skill in fighting, plus she needed to earn a living.

Seriri
- A very kind beast who doesn't like to fight, but she decided to become a force within the Guardian ranks to support her friends in battle.

Shizurus Pearl
- Pearl is an old model CAST. She was found in Moatoob in the desert by Seriri and is now used as a bodyguard to protect Seriri from harm. How she ended up in the desert is still a mystery.

---

Others:

Matrix:
- Another CAST, she seems to have a connection with Pearl.

Kayos
- A newman who found Pink Mag in the forest of Neudaiz.

Sashimi
- Seriri's younger sister who loves to fight.

Flare
- Seriri's and Sashimi's mother who works as a diplomat working on relations with other planets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-03-15 21:36 ]</font>

Allison_W
Mar 16, 2007, 07:16 AM
Please tell me somebody's going to do this on the PC/PS2 servers.

B0Bomb
Mar 16, 2007, 08:49 AM
SO when you all roleplay, is it going to be text-chat based, or voice chat?

Allison_W
Mar 16, 2007, 08:54 AM
It's too bad, too, 'cause I actually have a character idea I'd totally post here.

Sychosis
Mar 16, 2007, 08:55 AM
Text. Voice chat won't work in the lobby outside of a party, so any more than 6 people would have trouble talking.

B0Bomb
Mar 16, 2007, 09:02 AM
Awesome, I haven't RP's in ages! Not since the Dreamcast days! If a game gets set up, let me know. My life schedule may be a bit hectic, but Id like to play if I can. Missions get stale after a while and some RP'ing might be just what I need to spice up the game.

MayLee
Mar 16, 2007, 09:04 AM
O-M-G Mag! Has almost the same story plot as my CAST, but she was found in the Moatoob Deserts.

Akaimizu
Mar 16, 2007, 10:04 AM
I basically have two characters, but I guess I can involve the various other characters that have been mentioned.

Tynselle - I have much backstory, on this site, to repeat much of her. But I'll do a very quick but flat summation of her.
(Famous New Sharpshooter and Acrobatic performer of the Nbareh Six Square Circus, run by her parents. She brings her talents to the Guardian's Colony with hopes that her talent can be a big help to many people. Also to make a bigger name for herself. She's an entertainer through and through, and her sly, over-confident, and outspoken nature shows it. She seems to hold a special love for her collection of Twin Gunnies [as she lovingly calls them] for some reason. Nobody asks her why, and Tynselle is perfectly fine with them not asking. She'd probably just say, "because they are the best!!" and be done with it anyway; that is, if she doesn't come up with some other spiel about why they're great.)

Mufonna Tigre (Dorm-mate of Tynselle) - (A mild and gentle beast...........sometimes. At this point, no other Guardian knows much about her. They know that she seems to be among the most sweetest, kindest, and most nurturing Guardians they've seen......sometimes. That is......until something happens to her, on the field. Her attitude towards the SEED-infested beasts and enemy agents is a near polar opposite. At this time, few Guardians have travelled with her, and seen her transformation. The most odd thing is, even then, she seems to almost instantly change back to a complete polite, formal, and sweet creature when addressing other Guardians. One even said they saw her rampage a bunch of monsters like an enraged demon, only to seemingly not remember any of it, afterwards. A split personality? Who knows? What in the known universe, could've happened to her to make her like this? Even at this point, Tynselle is completely unaware of Mufonna's changes, on the field. Guardians in the know are keeping it hush hush. Tynselle still can't get over the fact that this Beast, aspiring to be a ForteFighter no less, is some doll-outfit-wearing, sweet saccharine-filled, bringer of sunshine. Never-the-less, Tynselle is prepared to train Mufonna in the ways of the circus.)

Katlego Nbareh - (Father of Tynselle. Owns the Six Square Circus, a travelling caravan of ships that brings the Circus around to various inhabited systems. His first name means "Success" in an African Bantu language. Not surprisingly, he is definitely business-minded, sometimes to the concern of his wife Cynthia. He's not without a good sense of humor. He's both the MC and the premier animal-tamer of the circus who wields a Photon Whip to communicate with.)

Cynthia Nbareh - (Mother of Tynselle. Owns the Six Square Circus, with her husband Katlego. Also a distant African descendant, she's a wearer of many hats. Both literally and metaphorically. Different hats to different costumes, she leads the high flying circus acts with her feats of flexibility and dexterity. Skilled on the tight-rope, she trains and performs with various other Humans, Beasts, and Newman acrobats. On the ground, she also employs Casts in the act, though audiences are generally more impressed with the non-casts due to the sheer fact people can easily design a cast to do anything. It's another thing to fine tune muscles and push limitations, to perform feats beyond the imagination. Cynthia also happens to be a great living calculator of sums, as she keeps well in-touch with the funds of the circus. Last, but not least, she tends to monitor much of what happens at the circus, suggesting needs for it.)

Stints - (Probably one of the greatest Human Sharpshooters that ever lived. But don't get me wrong, he's still alive. He's just retired and living his remaining days outside of the limelight. He is a MAJOR cowboy-wannabe, and prides listening and watching collected ancient-footage of what was once said to be Saturday-Morning Serials. He has a collection of Western music to fit the mood. Over the years, he kind of developed a Southern tinge to his speech, which developed into a serious habit of his. To look at him, is like looking into past ancestry. A cowboy brought to the future. Before he retired, he became Tynselle's tutor and trained her in the ways of Sharp-shooting. He also infected her with a bit of his infectuous speech. Tynselle considered him her best friend, and one can hear some of his contagious lines from her.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-16 08:06 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 16, 2007, 10:05 AM
o wow, nvm ill pass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 16, 2007, 10:07 AM
Awww. Come on, Rashiid!!! It'll be fun!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MayLee
Mar 16, 2007, 10:09 AM
Time to Creat My Newman Female. I've got so much to write. >.<

Rashiid
Mar 16, 2007, 10:12 AM
On 2007-03-16 08:07, Akaimizu wrote:
Awww. Come on, Rashiid!!! It'll be fun!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

but it looks like so much.....stuff!!

cant i make a protranser and yall makeup his background for em? cauz my ADHD will make me forget http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 16, 2007, 10:24 AM
Actually, it's not that bad. Some of us has been crafting stories for a long time, so we do a few things fast. My style is typically one of the stereo-type killer, and generally my method of crafting characters. I'll take a character creation tool, get a character, and think of something like that...but that didn't happen without building on a lot of story-writing foundations I've already developed.

To tell the truth, it's best to start small. Don't try to make your first character instantly epic before you put the pen to paper. Two things may happen, after this point.

One...you take said character and match him/her to other characters here, and your experiences will deepen your character and develop him/her to a deeper experienced person. Interacting with other characters will do that to you. Before you know it, your skills as a story-teller and a character performer grow immensely. Participation is learning while having fun.

Two...as you put the original thoughts down, you look them over and all these ideas pop into your head. Go with your feelings and just start using them. Don't be afraid of making a mistake then, at best, that may turn into an incredible character trait that is original and cool; at worst, you'll learn from it and have taken a great step to making your next ideas all the better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-16 08:32 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 16, 2007, 10:28 AM
Pen...Paper??!?!

skool blows me enuff as it is!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

i wanna be a fairyboi killer....hehe

Sychosis
Mar 16, 2007, 10:32 AM
There are a number of ways to compensate for any RL role-playing hindrance. I know it's been done at least twice before, but amnesia would eliminate the need for a long back story. From there you need only have a general attitude for your character and act accordingly.

Another example would be having a mute character (unable to speak) for someone without a keyboard who can only communicate in short bursts.

Akaimizu
Mar 16, 2007, 10:33 AM
Pen...Paper is also not in the literal sense. It just means, producing text. Like we all do in this forum.

Rashiid
Mar 16, 2007, 10:37 AM
So.....i make a character....and....have a story behind it?

like...if i made a protranser, who was a complete asshole, and he was abused as a child from pranks his 'sister' Sha`raun did on him, so he wanted to take his anger out on everything else w/ traps!!

like that?

Sychosis
Mar 16, 2007, 10:39 AM
That's certainly a start. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Mar 16, 2007, 10:40 AM
w0ot!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

MayLee
Mar 16, 2007, 10:44 AM
L-O-L. Great job. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Xtian913
Mar 16, 2007, 11:12 AM
Oh! I love this. Please tell me how to join in on the fun!

Sychosis
Mar 16, 2007, 11:30 AM
Really, all you would need to do is go into universe 17, and start role-playing. Of course, it would help if you had the partner cards of some fellow RPers, just so you and others can tell when someone is in the mood for role-playing.

Xtian913
Mar 16, 2007, 11:35 AM
Ah, this is true. Maybe I can meet up with some of you guys tonight and swap cards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sychosis
Mar 16, 2007, 11:37 AM
You bet! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sychosis
Mar 16, 2007, 11:50 AM
If you guys wouldn't mind heading on over to fanworks, I'd like your input regarding weekly sessions:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=137755&forum=12&0

SolomonGrundy
Mar 16, 2007, 12:03 PM
wow...some of you guys have very well fleshed out back stories. Mine was a very basic one, tied to known Guraal history - and as my character leveled, I use my trials and tribulations to make additional 'backstory'

example: I have slightly bad luck with synth, and I'm a beast, so I imagine my relationship with my Partner machine is reversed - she is helping the Beast, with his thick fingers, and limited know-how to try and make these weapons...and the results are a little less than spectacular.

Rashiid
Mar 16, 2007, 01:29 PM
i may do this now, i still dunno tho.

if so, be aware: my story shall and will be stupid-funny, not sum deep stuff lol

NPCMook
Mar 16, 2007, 02:13 PM
imo Role-playing can lead to being well known if you get a group together and create a random misadventure story line and turn it into a comic

Akaimizu
Mar 16, 2007, 02:20 PM
I was actually planning to do so with the Six Square Circus Chronicles, but I'm missing one thing. I would have to learn how to draw the characters, as well. Perhaps, I may take a little break from PSU just to print out the involved character pics, and then I have something to train my drawing hand on.

My hand art would then be more of a self-interpretation of the 3D models, and I'll probably get somewhere. I guess I should start with some kind of formal training.

Stories.....entire soundtracks...that's actually the easy part for me.

Allison_W
Mar 16, 2007, 04:49 PM
Aw, screw it. I know I can't join you folks on the 360; I've got to let it out, anyway.

Identity. Oleander Bree, called "Ollie" by her friends. A short, tubby, 15-year-old human girl who's deceptively athletic and crafty, her story is cliched as cliched gets, but works for her.

Motive. Her membership in the Guardians began much like Ethan's--during the initial SEED attack on the colony, her girlfriend was pinned under fallen debris. As an unarmed, outnumbered civilian, Ollie wasn't prepared to face down the handful of SEED that then approached in a head-to-head fight, but she thought on her feet and lured them away from her helpless girlfriend. Then, observing their sluggishness and lack of tact, she used a choke point in a narrow, debris-clogged hallway to force them to approach one-on-one, whereupon she managed to hold them off until a Guardian arrived to deal with the problem. She lead him back to where her girlfriend was pinned, and by that time, she was unconscious and her skin was flushed blue. Ollie and the Guardian moved the debris, and the Guardian tried to revive her with the medical supplies he was carrying, but it was too little, too late--Ollie's beloved was not as fortunate as Ethan's little sister. The Guardian offered what condolences he could as he led a very shattered Ollie to safety; the monomate he offered to Ollie could cure her bruised knuckles and cut skin, but to be cliche, it doesn't fix a broken heart.

Ollie spent the requisite time in mourning. During this time, a week after the incident, the Guardian who had saved her and aided her in trying to rescue her girlfriend paid her a visit, bringing comfort food and hugs. Before he left, he gave her a pamphlet. This pamphlet was for the Guardians' training school, and upon it, he'd scrawled a message: "You were a brave girl that day, Oleander. We can't go back in time to save everyone we love, but we can protect the people we have left and keep the same fate from befalling other people and their loved ones." She skimmed over the note, judged it your everyday "be strong" tripe, and shoved it into the bottom of her sock drawer and forgot about it for a couple of weeks before finding it as she groped through the drawer one morning. She sat down on her bed, read through the pamphlet, and read the Guardian's message. While she found it no more original than she did upon her first reading, this time, she decided that however unoriginal it may be, it was nonetheless true.

That day, she decided she had something better to do than try to fill the hole in her heart with ice cream and M&Ms--apply to the Guardians' training school. Her parents didn't approve, but they decided that if protecting others was what she needed to do to heal, there could be worse coping methods. Three months later, she graduated with high marks and noted talent, wit, and enthusiasm for the cause. If you were to ask her, she would credit her performance to fighting for the memory of her late girlfriend, that her passing might have meaning beyond being another senseless tragedy. She glosses over the part about it being just as much to claim pure and simple vengeance as it is to honour the fallen.

Likely mechanical development path. Fighgunner. Good at melee, capable in ranged combat, plays up agility in ATA and weapon selection (things like dual wielding and double sabers over Cloud Strife swords and axes), and traps, of course. Could also work as a Wartecher, Guntecher, or Protranser, due to the former two's focus on versatility and the latter's use for roguish tactics such as traps in addition to a strong selection of equipment, skills, and bullets. Forte-classes are out of the question, as she's an adaptable little scoundrel and firmly believes that while Plan A+ may beat Plan A on a day where everything goes as planned, Plans A, B, C, and sometimes D together are what will keep you alive and kicking in the long run.

Additional notes. Ollie is sneaky and underhanded. She's not above doing such things as lying to authorities to get herself or her friends off the hook for some error of judgment, and even better if she can pin it on someone who has a fall coming to them. As a kid, she'd handle playground fights with such time-honoured favourites as "throw sand in their eyes," "shove them into a low obstacle to put them on the ground, then kick them when they're down," and "convince them that their buddy said something bad about them, then let them fight each other and finish off the winner." She can be malicious, but usually isn't, and is currently doing her best to put her nefarious talents towards a good cause. She also has a history of mental illness in her family, and a few unfortunate neuroses (PTSD, symptoms resembling bipolar, and uncontrollable rages) came out of the woodwork after the death of her girlfriend. She's currently being treated, and used her silver tongue to get her psychiatrist to keep her treatment "off the record" so that the Guardians don't know she's being treated for psychiatric problems, as she (likely correctly) believes they wouldn't let her continue to serve if they knew. Her symptoms are well-controlled, and she's reliable on the field as long as she's being treated. Lastly, while she's cunning and always has a backup plan in case her first one or two fail, this doesn't mean she thinks everything out. Indeed, she often takes a false sense of security in having a variety of means at her disposal, thinking it license to, at times, take on trials that she's simply not ready for--an answer to everything doesn't always mean a good enough answer to everything, and this is a lesson she's yet to learn.

Dammit, we need to get an RP team going on the PC/PS2 servers. Also, Ollie needs less cliche. asdlkjasdl;gkjasg;lgjk. why are you people all on the 360 and why can't I come up with a good story.

jayster
Mar 16, 2007, 05:22 PM
i guess im dumb... i dont understand how you roleplay. Do you just sit in a room and type stories to each other..?

Akaimizu
Mar 16, 2007, 05:44 PM
No. Typing stories takes too long, and you can't do anything else, otherwise. The way we roleplay uses much less *at one time* typing. You can even roleplay while in a mission, with very little break at all from play. You can even macro common sayings your character uses.

Basically, once you have your character established, they are going to react to things that happen and things said, their own way. You just try to respond in-character. When various people participate, you all kind of write the story together, automatically.

However, it's done realtime. Kind of like an acting Improv session, except you have an idea of how your character will react to just stuff that's out there. A pre-defined character makes it easier and consistant. It's not too far off from "Whose line is it anyway?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-16 15:45 ]</font>

Esufer
Mar 16, 2007, 05:48 PM
My character's hilariously cold and rude. So my macros cover him pretty well. XD

SolomonGrundy
Mar 16, 2007, 05:59 PM
example of roleplay:
Someone playing as a thoughtful, analytical fortefighter might survey the field while fighting the dragon - taking pains not to be it by it's attacks, and applying force only in the most efficient ways.

Short-cut chat might be something like "A judicious heavy hit...HERE!!"

Conversely, the young brash fortefighter might run in, spamming photon arts - giving and recieving lots of damage.

Short-cut chat would be more like "Feel the wrath of my Ancestor's Greatsword, wyrm!!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-03-16 16:35 ]</font>

Esufer
Mar 16, 2007, 06:02 PM
On 2007-03-16 15:59, SolomonGrundy wrote:
example of roleplay:
Someone playing as a thoughtful, analytical fortefighter might survey the field while fighting the dragon - taking pains not to be it by it's attacks, and applying force only in the most efficient ways.

Short-cut chat might be something like "A judicious heavy hit...HERE!!"

Conversely, the young brash fortefighter might run in, spamming photon arts - giving and recieving lots of damage.

Short-cut chat would be more like "Feel the wrath of my Ancestor's Greatsword, wymn!!"

Or, if you want to make sense, you could put 'wyrm.'

Akaimizu
Mar 16, 2007, 06:07 PM
Exactly. So here's an example, knowing about Tynselle. If you saw her little background (and especially saw her backstory, where Stints makes a comment about her Twin gun Target practice), she might whip out her Twin Gunnies (as she calls them) and says, "Watch out, De Ragan! It's always High Noon in Tynselle-town!!!"

Or just in a regular case, where the party is assembled, and they see a monster encounter they're getting close to reaching, maybe once or twice, in an evening, she may say, "Welcome to the Six Square Circus, Monsters!!!!"

Conversely, Mufonna may have macros that state things like:
"I'll do my best." with a somewhat not-too-confident look on her face. Done as a confirmation pre-battle.

After a particular rampage, Mufonna might snap out of it with a line like, "Eh? What happened? Did I miss something?"

The differences in attitudes are apparent. If I were to thank somebody, check the difference.

Tynselle: Thanks!!
Mufonna: I humbly thank you!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-16 16:11 ]</font>

Esufer
Mar 16, 2007, 06:10 PM
I need a hand writing my character's backstory. Well. I've written loads of backstories before.

But I wanted him to be someone with a bit of a mysterious past, who's a bit of an enigma, and cold, but someone to be trusted. Think Squall from FFVIII style.

No idea how to go about it though.

Akaimizu
Mar 16, 2007, 06:17 PM
Hmm. Lots of ways to go about it. Even makes more sense if you actually key off of the catastrophes (or side-effects of them) that are canon to the PSU storyline. That is, what we know of it.

Mufonna has a mysterious past, also an enigma; but her character traits (breaking the stereotype not only in FF storytelling, but as a PSU Beast) is warm, nurturing, and trustworthy to her capacity. She went a different way with how she mentally dealt with the past, but the unfamiliar territory of her mental states throws nearly everybody a loop. (Including herself).

I don't want to write the story for you, but I do like to throw ideas to stimulate your own. I also don't want to give away too many details into Mufonna, as you'll have much more fun seeing it happen instead of it being explained forthright.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-16 16:23 ]</font>

Esufer
Mar 16, 2007, 06:19 PM
I'll be on in a few minutes if you wanna do some stuff. ^_^

I was thinking of having my character as a failed prototype for an AMF/Endrum Collective foot soldier, and for that, he feels inferior, and won't trust anyone, and'll pretty much kill anyone to protect those that have actually accepted him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Esufer on 2007-03-16 16:45 ]</font>

Tahldon
Mar 16, 2007, 06:47 PM
Roleplaying isn't hard at all really; although, you have to have a bit of creativity.

All it takes is Imagination, Creativity, Acting, and a wee bit of knowledge of Character portraying.

It's just like Akaimizu said. It's kind of like Improvision. You have to act on the spot (the way your character would).

If your character is Overly confident then he'd always act like he could do anything. Need an example?

Girl: *Gasp* A Bil de Vear! I...I don't think we should go this way..

Confident Man: Psh! Why not? I'll mop the floor with this punk, let's go.

Girl: *whimpers a little* We're going to get killed..

Something along those lines. Mind you, we have the little lobby menu actions so those can be used creatively.

You don't have to type out a story at all. Think about how TV shows or Anime look to you. The characters are being themselves and they all act a certain way. You know?

It's easy. Just a little practice and you'll get it just fine.

Making Scenerios also helps. (IE: Someone kidnapping someone else and friends trying to save them. Stuff like that.

Remember as the Roleplaying community gets larger, the more interesting the games can get.

(Yeah.. I've roleplayed for a good long time. Gets my creative/writer side out.)

B0Bomb
Mar 19, 2007, 12:22 PM
Are we posting back-stories somewhere, or is it just something we are writing for the creative process for ourselves?

omegapirate2k
Mar 19, 2007, 12:25 PM
Heh, my character is, by username affiliation, me, so I'm a total psycho and a douche about... 80% of the time.

Akaimizu
Mar 19, 2007, 12:26 PM
A lot of Backstories and any related chronicles are posted in Fanworks. A couple of us, posted short summaries on this topic.

I'll probably post the collection of mine, on my web-site though you pose a good idea. Some of the other *games* where a real active role-playing session was called, actually developed a web-site that collected backstories and sorted them by Character. Normally, to play a part, you only care about your-own; but a reference-website is a great place to go, if a character peaks your interest and you want to read about what makes them tick.

Sychosis
Mar 19, 2007, 12:26 PM
There is an established character thread in fanworks somewhere.

There is nothing to stop you from making a dedicated one yourself of course.

MayLee
Mar 19, 2007, 12:27 PM
When is this thang starting? I want to RP darn it! >.<

omegapirate2k
Mar 19, 2007, 12:29 PM
I'm definitely going to have to see what it's all about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 19, 2007, 12:30 PM
It starts as soon as you want to. Basically, it's an open request to any of those participating whether they'd like to join you on Universe 17, for some RPing. Of course, some of us do it a bit, anyway; but an invitation like that is an obvious participation flag in which we know exactly what to do, when accepting it. As for me, even when not particularly doing it, I tend to RP unless I'm just plain too tired to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-19 10:31 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 19, 2007, 12:33 PM
Since everyone seems so dead set on having something official, why not Saturday, March 24th, 6:00 PM?

Akaimizu
Mar 19, 2007, 12:37 PM
You may have to start without me. My Saturdays, until late EST evenings, are usually shot.

omegapirate2k
Mar 19, 2007, 12:37 PM
I could make that, I guess.

Tahldon
Mar 19, 2007, 12:40 PM
On 2007-03-19 10:27, MayLee wrote:
When is this thang starting? I want to RP darn it! >.<

Me too!

Esufer
Mar 19, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-03-19 10:33, Sychosis wrote:
Since everyone seems so dead set on having something official, why not Saturday, March 24th, 6:00 PM?

What's that in awesome time?

Sychosis
Mar 19, 2007, 01:55 PM
Well, it's nearly 3:00 PM at the time of this post. You figure it out!

TJ5
Mar 19, 2007, 03:12 PM
Sounds fun, I RP sometimes. I have an extensive backstory for any character I make because I must have some sort of inspiration to create them -_-' lol..

MayLee
Mar 20, 2007, 07:59 AM
How about on a Friday since Akaimizu can't make it and then later on Saturday...Or..we can have a special day where we stop what we are doing and RP for a while.

omegapirate2k
Mar 20, 2007, 08:14 AM
Uh, like dayum, I have a midterm that day.

Sychosis
Mar 20, 2007, 08:26 AM
Friday nights are no good for me either :/

B0Bomb
Mar 20, 2007, 08:35 AM
What about Sundays? Sundays are very laid back for me and its when I get a lot of PSU time in. Other than that, Im only able to hop on for a couple of hours in the evening on Wednesday and Thursday

Sychosis
Mar 20, 2007, 08:51 AM
Sunday works for me.

Dunno about our friends across the pond however...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-03-20 06:51 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 20, 2007, 09:51 AM
Sundays are generally the best for me, if it isn't a night during the week.

The main days that are tough for me are Fridays and Saturdays (until late evening).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-20 07:52 ]</font>

MayLee
Mar 20, 2007, 09:52 AM
How about Saturdays and Sundays?

MayLee
Mar 20, 2007, 09:52 PM
Neveah Juwel: brown skinned Newman Female. She is like a beutiful diamond..that can carve your heart out if you are not carefull. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif She's an Engioneer and she creates CAST Models and parts but she looks into becoming a brilliant weapon maker one day.

Kita Roswell: A sweet and caring Beast female who joined the Gaurdians because her only parent, her father thought a beast should never be this sweet. I'm still creating a backstory.

Neicie:

Race: CAST
Backstory: Most of Neicie's past is unknown even to her. She was found in the Moatoob Desert a couple miles south of a Labatory owned by Dr. Carlos. Dr Carlos was a determined scientist to bring back the dead. While his research is classified many thought he shouldn't mettle with this types of research so the GAURDIANs banned Carlos from testing out his theory on animals that have been effecte by the SEED. Dr. Carlos gone into hiding to do his secrets in the Moatoob Desert and the GAURDIANS have been searching for him to bring him back and rip him of his license. Dr Carlos was a father to a 10 year old girl named Neicie Carlos, he was working on A Photons like most of the scientists, his only child, Neicie was always fond of what he does and she'd always insisted on coming with her father to help study the A Photons but Carlos refused because it was too dangerous for a child and she was the only thing close to him he cared dearly about. It was said that one day Neicie was upset and was determine to prove Dr Carlos wrong and that she isn't too young to help him so she snuck onto the the airship with them and while they were doing research Neicie had made her surprising appearence. When Neicie had done so she was so excited of the Neudaiz Forested parts that she had ran off when Dr Carlos and his team was trying to get her back on the ship to take her back home. Frantic the GAURDIANS had gone into a search mission to find and retrieve Neicie but when they had found her lifeless body laying in the bushes of what appears to be flowers that have been inflicted with SEED. Neicie was placed in a coma for a long time and Dr Carlos was devistated, he done all he could to reaserch about the plant and a cure to bring her back. A couple months later Neicie had passed away, and so did Dr Carlos's world. He had retired working on A photons and tried all he could to bring his daugther back to life but failed. He later created a CAST that looked remotely similar to his daughter, Neicie Carlos. He had gave her artificial memory to make her seem more like her and inabled her with human emotions. Dr Carlos found that having a replica of his dead daughter and wasn't enough, he later placed a lab in the Moatoob Desert to do some reasearch to bring his daughter back. Two years the GAURDIANS had found Carlos's lab in ruble and him no where to be found and the CAST Neicie unconcious in the sand a couple miles south from the rubble. It appears that she had lost some of the memory she had that had happened that tradgic day. Neicie was later taken in under the care and investigation by Nevaeh Juwel, it is said that Carlos had found a way to bring the dead back and had used his theory on a SEED infected animal which ultimately lead to his disappearence, it is also said that Carlos himself had erased Neicie's memory to hide what he had found. No one knows Carlos's mystery but Nevaeh was willing to help Neicie to crack the case of his dissappearence.

Dracos
Mar 21, 2007, 12:06 AM
This looks cool, am I to late to join? I'd like to give this a try.

Tahldon
Mar 21, 2007, 08:28 AM
Well we actually haven't started as far as I know. We're still in the initial phase.. Otherwise known as PICKING A DAY OF THE WEEK!! C'mon Sychosis, Geez. It doesn't take a decade to pick a single day.

Some people won't be able to play 90% of the time. I know, it sucks. People wanna RP and if it's on a specific date, and they can't play that day, they miss it. We all get that. So just start the poll and everyone picks a day that's suitable and whichever one has the higher number, that'll be the one we go with. I'll tell you now though that I think it'll be Saturday nights. MAYBE Sunday afternoons.

So c'mon already.. This is taking too long. Me and Maylee are impatient. Right Maylee?

Sychosis
Mar 21, 2007, 08:38 AM
I still don't see why this is all falling on my shoulders :/

Regardless, go vote here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=138156&forum=12&0)

omegapirate2k
Mar 21, 2007, 09:04 AM
I believe I've decided where I'm going to go with this, since you all created your own characters I shall be. FAWFUL!

I SHALL HAVE FURY!!!

Tahldon
Mar 21, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-03-21 06:38, Sychosis wrote:
I still don't see why this is all falling on my shoulders :/

Regardless, go vote here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=138156&forum=12&0)

Cause you're the leader.. Stop asking silly questions..

Sychosis
Mar 21, 2007, 05:30 PM
When was this election?! I demand a recount! MayLee should be the leader! >.<

Tahldon
Mar 21, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-03-21 15:30, Sychosis wrote:
When was this election?! I demand a recount! MayLee should be the leader! >.<

No, You're the one always "Rallying" the group. People are used to listening to you... So there..

End of Discussion.

And didn't I tell you that Saturday nights would be most opportune for people to RP? Tsk tsk tsk, never listen to me. The poll isn't over, but look at the results that're there.

B0Bomb
Mar 22, 2007, 08:19 AM
If Saturday Night is going to be the scheduled time for this, then I guess Im out. Saturday is the only day that Im able to actually go out and enjoy the social aspects of life, without being bogged down with college, work, or training.

BlueKnight
Mar 22, 2007, 08:29 AM
I would like to join but I can't Saturday Night that is when I spend time with my wife. She will kill me If I mess that up.
I can do it Friday night or any night of the week will work. I hope you can change it. If not then I can't join.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueKnight on 2007-03-22 06:31 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 22, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-03-21 15:35, Tahldon wrote:
And didn't I tell you that Saturday nights would be most opportune for people to RP? Tsk tsk tsk, never listen to me. The poll isn't over, but look at the results that're there.

...!

I'm the one who first suggested Saturday night!

Anyway, I want to stress this again:
This is NOT the only chance you have to role-play.

Plenty of us are wiling to role-play just about any time. MayLee in particular, seems awfully antsy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BlueKnight
Mar 22, 2007, 12:18 PM
Well I am up for the Role-Play if any one can't make it on Saturday night then thets find more people to play on a different day.

B0Bomb
Mar 22, 2007, 02:14 PM
Ill do some sunday with you BlueKnight. I just have to write up my Character Bio, but that will have to wait until I finish my research paper for class. If you want, Ill try and be on around 5pm EST on Sunday.

MayLee
Mar 22, 2007, 11:33 PM
On 2007-03-21 06:28, Tahldon wrote:

So c'mon already.. This is taking too long. Me and Maylee are impatient. Right Maylee?

Right! >.>

RedBoxHunter
Mar 22, 2007, 11:36 PM
Wrong post ignore plz.

>.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedBoxHunter on 2007-03-22 21:37 ]</font>

Dracos
Mar 23, 2007, 08:09 AM
I'm ready whenever, is there a plan for tonight?

Sychosis
Mar 23, 2007, 08:13 AM
We should be meeting up tomorrow, roughly 6:00pm EST (EDT? I dunno which it is anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Sychosis
Mar 24, 2007, 04:31 PM
Should be starting in roughly half an hour, if anyone is still interested.

Dracos
Mar 24, 2007, 04:47 PM
I am hey send me a message in psu to let me know when you are ready

PALRAPPYS
Mar 24, 2007, 04:50 PM
I'd come... but, I have 2 friends over right now.

Plus, I still don't have that one character slot open... AGH! :angry: I have to get that 3rd slot from my brother so I can make an RP Character!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sychosis
Mar 24, 2007, 05:25 PM
Well, for starters, we won't be starting until about 9pm Eastern now. No one is really on atm.

Second, you don't need a new character to RP with :/

Dracos
Mar 25, 2007, 12:45 AM
That was pretty fun I guess I gave my character a kind of immature personality? I don't know but it was fun.

Ravennittes
Mar 25, 2007, 08:57 AM
I think one should be able to RP whenever they want, y'know? My character is always available for RP due to her name (Aura), though I usually just play ^.^ .

Akaimizu
Mar 25, 2007, 09:02 AM
They already stated that, actually. There's plenty of times where I can't make meets, but I often RP a little, most of the time. Even my fight style supports my character, and it's tough to play with me without hearing some Tynselle opinions and stuff about the Six Square Circus. Unless I'm just too tired to do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-25 07:03 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 25, 2007, 09:03 AM
On 2007-03-22 08:59, Sychosis wrote:
Anyway, I want to stress this again:

Plenty of us are wiling to role-play just about any time.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PALRAPPYS
Mar 25, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-03-24 15:25, Sychosis wrote:
Well, for starters, we won't be starting until about 9pm Eastern now. No one is really on atm.

Yeah I know... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But, I just don't want to make a story for any of my current characters.

Plus I have a character in mind that's already been all planned out... and has been for ages. :/

Tahldon
Mar 25, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-03-25 10:07, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2007-03-24 15:25, Sychosis wrote:

Yeah I know... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But, I just don't want to make a story for any of my current characters.

Plus I have a character in mind that's already been all planned out... and has been for ages. :/

Well I have a new character. But I don't really feel like leveling him up. Then I'd have 3 chars to take care of >.<.

Meh!