PDA

View Full Version : sega sucking?

werewolfking
Mar 15, 2007, 08:55 PM
this is a poll and what do u think u think sega is sucking because of the pso servers shutting down or not?

Splash
Mar 15, 2007, 09:43 PM
Wow, nice flaming. I bet this much that the topic is going to get closed soon.

MrNomad
Mar 16, 2007, 11:57 PM
pso servers are shutting down cuz no one plays them anymore

AeraLure
Mar 17, 2007, 08:57 AM
SEGA doesnt suck because the PSO servers are shutting down. PSO is now unsupported due to that series ending and PSU comiiing out.

SEGA sucks because they chose GG again, let the hacking go on long enough on PSU that many left, failed to remove the meseta from the system, and settled on releasing a beta quality game over a long period of time. Poor support, poor level design, generic gaming environs. PSU has potential sure, but SEGA is still SEGA.

Sinue_v2
Mar 18, 2007, 06:08 AM
And yet... from what I hear, Virtua Fighter 5 is getting great reviews and acclaim.

Sega still has talent - they just don't utilize it very much. I'm not sure if Yu Suzuki helped in the development of VF5, or if it was developed while he was at his new house. Still - AM2 rarely lets me down. It's a shame that Sonic Team gets far more credit that studios like AM2, Smilebit, and Overworks - yet continually drives both their new and classic franchises into the ground.

MrNomad
Mar 18, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2007-03-18 04:08, Sinue_v2 wrote:
And yet... from what I hear, Virtua Fighter 5 is getting great reviews and acclaim.

Sega still has talent - they just don't utilize it very much. I'm not sure if Yu Suzuki helped in the development of VF5, or if it was developed while he was at his new house. Still - AM2 rarely lets me down. It's a shame that Sonic Team gets far more credit that studios like AM2, Smilebit, and Overworks - yet continually drives both their new and classic franchises into the ground.

At least ST made up for sonic with Sonic/Secret Rings. But then again, i keep hearing how ST wasnt involved in making it =P dunno if its true. And i really want a new Shinobi game, one that really uses the system in Nightshade to the fullest

RedBoxHunter
Mar 18, 2007, 06:27 PM
Sega has potential, they just don't try. I bet PSO would still be making them money if they would have figured out a way for platforms to play with each other and actually gave a sh!t about hackers and FSODers. But instead they just shut down the servers for "obsolete" versions, let cheaters run around on BB and still think that 70 people still paying for it are absolutely worth it.

And don't get me started on Sonic.

Feelmirath
Mar 19, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-03-18 16:27, RedBoxHunter wrote:
And don't get me started on Sonic.

Actually, Sonic and the Secret Rings isn't a bad game at all. Though I've heard horror stories about the PS2 and 360 Sonic, and the 3D predecessors weren't too great either.

Though presonally, I think Sega get a bit of a bad press. Seems like a lot of the community whine and complain just because they can. Because they pay £6 a month, they think DEY OWN TEH SERVER LOLOLOL

Heck, there's games out there which only get an update every 6 months. Take a page out of Eric Idle's book- always look on the bright side of life XP

Sinue_v2
Mar 19, 2007, 10:35 PM
updates? What Sonic Team is doing isn't updates... they're simply unlocking content already present, much of which can be enjoyed offline, for use online. They gave us a full game, crippled to the point of beta, and have been slowly allowing us to access more of it every so often.

With the exception of the Bruces Dungeon/Co-Op missions and the Storyline quests - we haven't seen much "New" content at all since the game's release.

OnnaWren
Mar 29, 2007, 11:48 AM
Good thing I stopped playing PSU when I did, then- I think I'd just have been in for more disappointment. And Light forbid that I ever get online with that...