PDA

View Full Version : psu, psobb, what?

nax
Mar 16, 2007, 12:26 AM
what should i get as someone whos never played the game before... planning to play on the pc...?

and whatre the main differneces that would make me want to choose that game?

thanks

NPCMook
Mar 16, 2007, 12:28 AM
I believe the PSO:BB servers aren't far from the shut down switch, and PSU for the PC is a lot better than it was before

Niered
Mar 16, 2007, 12:33 AM
In response to PSO:
If youve got a console that will play it, Id suggest getting it for that since you cant play BB offline. I will forever cherish both my copies of it on GC and DC, and will to this day pop them in from time to time.

In response to PSU:
Buy it. Seriously, at this point, hacking is being dealt with, the community isnt too bad (people will say its small, I prefer the term cozy, you definitely see alot of familiar faces) and enough of the gameplay has been unlocked that youll have loads of fun just exploring new areas.

nax
Mar 16, 2007, 12:37 AM
yeah, i ust to be into console / single player type stuff... but now its all online for me... and IMO online plays always better on the pc. so i should try PSU right... is there a free trial or somthing, and a way i can just download it .... or do they force me to go buy the game to even get a free trial?

thx for quick responses

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nax on 2007-03-15 22:38 ]</font>

Niered
Mar 16, 2007, 12:40 AM
there are ways of getting a free copy quite easily...we just cant talk about them here. You can also just borrow the CD from someone and install it on your computer as there is no CD key.

The "Free trial" (correct me if im wrong everyone) Is 15 days free after you sign up for a 30 day subscription, or 30 days free when you sign up for a 6 month. If im not mistaken, you can cancel your subscription before your trial runs out and not be charged anything.

nax
Mar 16, 2007, 12:49 AM
yeah im aware of the program starting with a b ending with a t, but i dont really wana wait 3-5 days cuz i didnt see anyfiles with good seeders

DonRoyale
Mar 16, 2007, 12:53 AM
Unless you want to be constantly looking for a party (albeit, if you can make good friends easy then you're golden), PSU's the place to be.

*is suprised by the poll's turnout*

Starrz
Mar 16, 2007, 02:04 AM
Both, obviously.

McLaughlin
Mar 16, 2007, 02:09 AM
To get it free, download a Torrent. It's illegal, but free.

I belive on the PC/PS2 you get 15 days free if you sign up for the one month subscription, and 30/45 (can't remember) days free if you sign up for the 6 month subscription.

nax
Mar 16, 2007, 05:19 PM
yeeah... i dont think there are any good torrents with alot of seeders though...

anyway, if i do end up having to buy psu, and i end up not liking it, as in, paying monthly for it for however long, do you think itll at least be worth the 40$ i spent on it...? (as in probably one month)... as you know, this would be my 1st time playing ps at all. i have a lvl 60 in wow, but im bored with wow, looking for a new game

Niered
Mar 16, 2007, 05:27 PM
Yes, but thats obviously just my opinion. You might have a different one. Its a fun game, and basically its the only well done online action RPG other then Monster Hunter. Go with the purchase, Im sure youll have a good time especially with all of the content straight out of the box.

nax
Mar 16, 2007, 06:37 PM
how many people are there per server in general btw? will it be pretty easy to meet a player or two to hang out with to learn the game?

and whats the learning curve like compared to other rpgs/mmos

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nax on 2007-03-16 16:37 ]</font>

Niered
Mar 16, 2007, 06:41 PM
Basically server 2 is the only one that always has a healthy amount of people present. But yes, as long as you dont act like a noob and start spamming for help, people wll join up. Its harder to find people at your level between 1-20ish, but thats true of many Online games. After that its a breeze, and you can basically party anywhere. If you do need some help feel free to PM me here and we'll meet up so i can give you some advice. I actually sometimes join low level parties just to help them out and answer any questions they have.

nax
Mar 16, 2007, 06:44 PM
k cool... ive tried like... 5 torrents now... and NONE of them have gotten to 0.1 percent... even after sitting for a couple hours... guess i have to go buy the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

im suprised they dont give you a free 30days or even 10 days or w/e just for buying the game like most payperplay games

nax
Mar 17, 2007, 12:40 PM
ok so i have the game now... how come when im in the settings, for like resolution and such, i cant choose my resolution.... i want to turn all the settings up as high as they can be, but theres nothing in the resolution list and it says "please choose a resoltuion" when i try to click ok.