PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU 3/22 Quickie Update Details

Kamica
Mar 16, 2007, 06:32 AM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=269

This update is pretty much a step backwards with the removal of seven missions.

-Easter Lobbies from 3/22-4/12
-The 7 Fire-SEED Netcash Ultimate Attack missions will be removed. This will not make anyone happy.
-50% Clothes Discount Starts
-You can return Photon Laser, which is no longer needed with the removal of the missions, by going to 5F Guardian's Colony.

That's it. Most people will be disappointed to find out that we STILL do not get a level cap increase to 90. Hopefully the next update will be better.

Rashiid
Mar 16, 2007, 06:36 AM
yay that means we get easter nexx week!! (since the lobby changes are the same for US and JP)

yall better get yalls Jaggo Amures and fast!

Lyrise
Mar 16, 2007, 09:34 AM
Next week's update on the JP servers is going to be a very quickie update due to us coming off from a large event.

-Easter Lobbies
From 3/22 to 4/12, Easter lobbies in effect;
Easter Rappies will be on the field (Rappy Paskas), perhaps you can find the easter eggs they've been hiding?

-End of Ultimate attack
All 7 missions, after 3/22 will disappear from the roster of available missions. So for those of you who have been abusing these missions for meseta, and boards, make the most of this week. Because after this next update, they will be gone for good; meaning you won't be able to find the boards that were locked in those maps.

-Post-Ultimate Attack Sale
From 3/22 all the way to 4/12, all clothing and parts stores on the 3 planets (NOT G-Colony) will reduce prices 50%. So enjoy new clothes, and spend, spend spend!

-Photon Eraser removal
For those of you who forget that you still have an eraser, due to aborting your missions too soon, you can remove them by accessing a mission in G-Colony 5F.

Of course that's not to stop those who still want to keep theirs, but I can't really see the point.

That's all for next week!

Corollary to the sales point: The week of Lv3 luck, and the details for getting the Frypan will be released later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-03-16 07:37 ]</font>

Kamica
Mar 16, 2007, 09:40 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=137729&forum=20&1

>_>

Yeah...this update was a disappointment to read. Oh well, not like I would have been around to play the update very long. As I will be leaving for one week starting one week from saturday.

Lyrise
Mar 16, 2007, 09:49 AM
You win. But I added in a few more points XD

But to comment about the fact that you think that removal of these missions would be a bad thing: I see it as a VERY good thing.

While ST figured out how to get people to clear the conditions for UA, it's sort of backfired. I mean, 10k for 4 minutes worth of effort? Have you seen anyone else playing on a different planet? EVERYONE is in either Inferno, or Lightning speed, its hard to find a party playing anywhere else. Additionally, with all the money that's been rolling in, inflation has been pretty rampant; I mean I used to be able to find 10 star boards for like 2.5 million. Now they don't go for less than 6 million meseta each.

Does that mean I won't play those missions? No, I'd be stupid not to; but it's not like I see all the outputs from this mission as all good.

Mio
Mar 16, 2007, 10:07 AM
the more we advance, the more mission they release, and the more inflaction will come true. Meseta will have no value in the end.

Lyrise
Mar 16, 2007, 10:16 AM
Not necessarily. It also has to depend on the ratio of effort to payout as well. In the case of UA's Undersea Lab Inferno; 5 minutes for 10k, of which you could have 1 or 2 people sit around and do nothing, and it's not that hard; the fact that there's no deathcount makes it even easier. If the payout is high, but the level of effort required is mid to high level, then the economy will balance itself.

I know the expansion will fix this issue, but it needs to be addressed now, the issue of having a balanced variety of missions. All they have to do is release more S2 level missions with new items to find, that'll pretty much fix it, but IMO, they need to release them sooner. (Labs are the highest paying mission outside of UA, but people are spending more time in Agata and Lakeside, because they are the only real maps with 10 star boards that people care about).

Niered
Mar 16, 2007, 12:18 PM
I fail to see how removing missions that were based on a month long event qualifies as disapointing. You were all told this was the case, and furthermore, I recall loads of people bytching about them at the beginning.

Ether
Mar 16, 2007, 01:32 PM
On 2007-03-16 10:18, Niered wrote:
I fail to see how removing missions that were based on a month long event qualifies as disapointing

Because this game is fucking tiny, less missions to do is always a bad thing. It'd be better if they just reduced the rewards a bit (maybe a lot on the labs based ones) so that they're more in line with the rest of the game, but keep the missions themselves for players who want to do them for fun

Lyrise
Mar 16, 2007, 01:53 PM
Not speaking for myself since I enjoy them, but how for those of you reading this, raise your hands if you enjoy doing purification missions.

Spellbinder
Mar 16, 2007, 01:59 PM
*Kikyou raises hand* I doo~

Kamica
Mar 16, 2007, 02:35 PM
Lightning just might be the best mission available as far as fun factor goes.

Krisan
Mar 16, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-03-16 11:32, Ether wrote:
Because this game is fucking tiny, less missions to do is always a bad thing. It'd be better if they just reduced the rewards a bit (maybe a lot on the labs based ones) so that they're more in line with the rest of the game, but keep the missions themselves for players who want to do them for fun
Agreed. Besides these missions actually had some form of tactic to them.. they were more involved, they were fun.. So removing them entirely just seems incredibly stupid..

Turbobrain
Mar 16, 2007, 03:25 PM
Sorry to sound dumb... but WHERE exactly are the Ultimate Attack missions? Are they known as that name? I was led to understand these where unique to the Jp server;<} also they where on PSO. Again sorry to sound noobish but in my 46 lvls... I have never come across any missions named this... or heard of netcash events except on Jp server?

SolomonGrundy
Mar 16, 2007, 03:44 PM
damn...50% off. And I just paid over 50K for clothes too.

Bastards - wherz mah price protection?
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-03-16 13:44 ]</font>

Itsuki
Mar 16, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-03-16 13:25, Turbobrain wrote:
Sorry to sound dumb... but WHERE exactly are the Ultimate Attack missions? Are they known as that name? I was led to understand these where unique to the Jp server;<} also they where on PSO. Again sorry to sound noobish but in my 46 lvls... I have never come across any missions named this... or heard of netcash events except on Jp server?

I think you failed to realize this thread was about the JP server. (look at the topic, first two letters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

(Labs are the highest paying mission outside of UA, but people are spending more time in Agata and Lakeside, because they are the only real maps with 10 star boards that people care about).
Unless you're midori http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Ok ok, I'll stop poking fun at midori now. But that line just screamed at me. XD

Anyways, I also rather enjoy the UA missions. And not just the parum ones. Even like Moatoob.

CelestialBlade
Mar 16, 2007, 06:18 PM
Wait, why are we complaining again? We didn't even get those special missions, remember?

Niered
Mar 16, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-03-16 11:32, Ether wrote:

On 2007-03-16 10:18, Niered wrote:
I fail to see how removing missions that were based on a month long event qualifies as disapointing

1. This game isnt tiny. Its people doing S2 Labs,De Ragan, and Bruces Dungeon runs over and over and over that MAKE it tiny.

Moatoob is a total ghosttown apart from the gaurdians branch. Neudiaz has maybe one mission people do. Parum is apparently the only place anyone goes too.Yes, you can argue that by making the rewards too great for certain missions ST is also at fault here, but the game is not tiny.

There are around 30 different missions, not even including the online story missions. And we are getting more unlocked every couple of updates. The game is nto tiny. It might have been originally, but it isnt now.

2. I actually dont mind the idea of having regular SEED-Purge missions available, however these should be completely seperate from those made available during the Ultimate Attack since this was a temporary event, and it was made clear that this was the case from the beginning. It really wouldnt make much sense to be cleaning areas of SEED-Zohma when it had already been announced that they were 100% finished on the main site.