PDA

View Full Version : I think when making the divine maiden ST been watching too m

ShinMaruku
Mar 16, 2007, 11:35 AM
They are Galadriel knock offs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-03-16 09:37 ]</font>

Zorafim
Mar 16, 2007, 12:04 PM
They watched too much star wars when making PSI. It's heavily based on it, if you haven't noticed.

Akaimizu
Mar 16, 2007, 12:05 PM
Nah. Nobody can copy Galadriel or even begin to do so. They're too far off to be knock offs.

When you look at the Divine Maiden, it's more of one of purity that effects people. They just try to behave in front of her.

Galadriel, on the other hand, has this inane ability to just look right into you. The person can't help but KNOW she's doing it. A very scary prospect if you have anything to hide. Those with intentions and thoughts, they like to keep to themselves, don't have this feeling towards the Divine Maiden. She doesn't strike them that way.

Galadriel is more spooky, in some ways. You basically feel naked in front of her. Mentally.

ShinMaruku
Mar 16, 2007, 04:00 PM
They both have these odd visdons of thing to come >_> That and being Alf makes it even more obvious or I'm insane.
Galadriel is spooky because she's an everliving woman with magical powers.
Being on of the deep eleves does that to ya. Did you know she's distant kin to Arragorn? He's related to almost eveybody. :E
One of his first ancestors is Her grandfather!
That said Dohgi wishes he was Finwe.

VanHalen
Mar 16, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-03-16 10:04, Zorafim wrote:
They watched too much star wars when making PSI. It's heavily based on it, if you haven't noticed.

They had storm trooper police officers. That was totally original!

ShinMaruku
Mar 16, 2007, 04:06 PM
Man SW took from LOTR :E

Turambar
Mar 16, 2007, 04:13 PM
I honestly can't say I see the comparison too much, though I suppose my impression of Galadriel as of late has been drawn much more from Quenta Silmaril than from LOTR, in which she was much more head strong than wise, and only lived because she didn't take the Oath of Feanor and have that doom placed upon her.

Weakness
Mar 16, 2007, 04:22 PM
Too be fair JRR Tolken stole LOTR from Wagner's The Ring, which was stolen from Norse mythology.

ShinMaruku
Mar 16, 2007, 04:26 PM
The house of Feanor took that stupid oath under the the allfather. Good they got burnt.
Mandos is grimy.
Still the house of Finwe sure became smaller although it had some very storng memebers. (Of course I'm talking of Gilgalad,Earandil,Feanor and that other guy who shanked a Balrog)
Although Earendil can also be put under that great house of men too sine Turin(Who's namesake j00 took) was coming about busting ass as well.
I would say Tolkien took Norther mythology as his sopurce which had rings and had a bit less from Wagner.(Tolkein also used Anglo-saxon myth which is a branch of Norse but still has a bit of diffrences)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-03-16 14:27 ]</font>

Weakness
Mar 16, 2007, 04:38 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anglo-Saxon is Anglo and Saxon, which is Northern French and the Southern tips of Britain... well before it was Britain.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Besides, Brunhilde is all Wagner (well minus the fallen Valkyrie poem), and if you can't see the link between Brunhilde/Arwen and Siegfried/Aragorn... then you have never seen The Ring http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif.

ShinMaruku
Mar 16, 2007, 04:48 PM
Brunhilde is way before Wagner silly she's based of the Frankish queen Brunhilda and Sieggfired is based of King Sigbert of the Franks. Regadless that tales was set when the the northmen were raiding. that the tale of the Nibulungs was put out Wagner put his own spin on it.
Anglo-Saxons(Which are more than those two tis Anglii, Saxon and Jutes) are from Jutland and from Saxony on Germany nothing to do with France unless you talk of the Normans (which where Viking decendants lving in France)
Brunhilde and Siegfried met love in death. Arrargon and Arwen lived for at last 100 years before dieing.