PDA

View Full Version : (Gimpy) Programmer for hire...

Eliash
Mar 16, 2007, 12:34 PM
Well...this is kind of off topic, yet on topic at the same time.

I'm thinking of developing some programs while I'm off since I'll have some time to do so. Currently, I'm fixing up my Material Converter program with the suggestions that Rizen gave me a while ago (but I have been to lazy to implement). After I finish updating this program I'll be looking for ideas on what I can program next.

So, if anyone has any idea on what would make a good program let me know. I'll see what I can do and if I could make it. Please be detailed in what the program would do, what function it would serve, and anyother information that may be useful. Also try not to think of a program that is already made...(I.E.: PM evolution program).

A thought I had for example was to maybe make a program that gives a price based on a percent. For example: Burn Trap G sell for 500 meseta and if someone wants to sell one for 50%, they would type in 50 and it would return 250 meseta.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Zarbolord
Mar 16, 2007, 01:42 PM
How about a program that calculates the % chances of grinding weapons with the different luck amounts?

Jey
Mar 16, 2007, 01:51 PM
What would be kind of nice would be stat calculator using the racial stat thread in the Gameplay forum.

Like, if you had an Ageha-Kikami, at what possible job level/character combinations would my Newman M Fortetecher be able to equip it? Or, at what combo would my Human M Protranser be able to use a 9* axe? If I changed to fF, when would my ATP break 800?

That sorta thing would be fun to tinker with maybe.

kevington
Mar 16, 2007, 02:19 PM
Still waiting for the PSU situational pun generator =(

Rizen
Mar 16, 2007, 02:20 PM
Oh snap, I forgot to show you something Eliash, check your PM.

Eliash
Mar 16, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-03-16 11:51, Jey wrote:
What would be kind of nice would be stat calculator using the racial stat thread in the Gameplay forum.

Like, if you had an Ageha-Kikami, at what possible job level/character combinations would my Newman M Fortetecher be able to equip it? Or, at what combo would my Human M Protranser be able to use a 9* axe? If I changed to fF, when would my ATP break 800?

That sorta thing would be fun to tinker with maybe.

I think that I could work something out for this...would have to take a look at the data maybe having an array for each attribute and multiply it by the job percents? This should give you a general idea on the job/class combination and stats.

On 2007-03-16 12:19, kevington wrote:
Still waiting for the PSU situational pun generator =(

I could try...but I need people to help gather several thousand puns and then I could sort them into catagories and try doing it that way! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As for Rizen, you have my PM and my Semi-edit PM. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SolRiver
Mar 17, 2007, 02:10 AM
is this console C++/java programming or something? or you actually got to application programming?

anyway, a few ideas...

a fast stat calculator of weapon equipment etc.
for example:
best atp in game: answer = male beast 9* axe = #### atp
highest atp with a dagger: answer = (some s rank dagger) + shifta % + (user input class/race) =??? atp
highest ata with bow = cast + (s rank bow) = ### ata

Then you can probably use this program and expand it into other kind of libary.

Edit: (I just saw the PSU converter thing... I assume it is C++ console programmiing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-03-17 00:12 ]</font>