PDA

View Full Version : Custom Classes..

Gryffin
Mar 16, 2007, 01:44 PM
Ok, It's been a hope of mine for a while, and I've pitched the idea before, but here's a better image of it. And what I hope for in AoI
Based upon:
-Regular Classes have from 2-6 S rank weapons and 5-10 A ranks.
-Around 50 Pa level caps.

Specs:
-Choose 6 weapons that you want to be S ranked, and 8 You want for A rank. You may give up 2 A ranks for an additional S rank, but only for 1 extra S rank.
-You have 600% for stat bonus's at class level 1, and 850% for level 10. The game could have some sort of stat calculator to set the integers for these to make it fair. You must have at least 20% in every stat at 1, and 35% at level 10. You cannot exceed 175% in any stat at level 1, and 200% at level 10.
-You have 55 (YES, I SAID 55!) in your PA caps.(For example Class 1: Melee-25 Ranged-30 Technic-Unavailable)
- You may choose to use traps for the cost of 5 PA cap levels, and there are some bonuses http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Bonuses: to damage, radius, status effect level, and PP cost (if they choose to make them a PA skill). You automatically get a minor damage bonus, but it is an additional 5 PA cap levels or 5% from your stats for each additional bonus.
-There are obviously no racial bonuses.
-Custom Classes are name-able (^^)
-It costs 10,000 PLUS The regular class change fee for your level, to make/switch to a new class.
-When you make a new class, you automatically switch to it.

Here's My class choices (not showing off percents) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fighgunner (revamped)

PA Caps:
Melee- 25
Ranged- 25
Technic- Unavailable
Traps are accessible.
S weapons:
-Cards (You heard me, I said cards...XD)
-Bow
-Axe
-Twin Claws
-Knuckles
-Crossbow
-Single Claw

A weapons:
-Whips
-Grenade Launcher
-Laser Cannon
-????
-????
-????

The ?'s are for whatever weps may be coming out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ANY OTHER IDEAS?!

(Not sure If I'll be checking up on this much..but yeah XD)

Rashiid
Mar 16, 2007, 01:52 PM
that would be cool, like if u mastered every class, you could make a costom one, then have like a point system of it.

like, for PA/bullet/tech lvs: ud be able to hav 65; distribute however u want to.

have up to 50 instead of 32.

can pick up to 9 a ranks u wanna use, and 5 S ranks.

have 1500 % points to distibute to your stats.

but, hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif chances of that....

it would indeed make the game ALOT different, then be able to name the job w/e u want.

edit: typos http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-03-16 11:53 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Mar 16, 2007, 01:53 PM
Techer Supreme

PA Caps:
Melee- none
Ranged- 20
Technic- 40 (lets add another combo)
Traps are inaccessible.
S weapons:
-Madoogs
-Bow
-Cards
-SLicers
-Rods
-Wands
-Stick (only 1 techslot but boosts the techs power more)

A weapons:
-Handgun
-Axe
-Laser Cannon
-Hammers
-Grenade Launchers
-PM/Master combo

Magician
Mar 16, 2007, 02:01 PM
Two S rank weapon limit.

Four A rank weapon limit.

Minimum level 1 on skills, ranged and techs, with 41 points to distribute on your choice.

Custom-specific armor only, less powerful than those available to the beginner and advanced classes.

Character stats would vary depending on pa point allotment.

Shade-
Mar 16, 2007, 02:07 PM
-Choose 6 weapons that you want to be S ranked, and 8 You want for A rank. You may give up 2 A ranks for an additional S rank, but only for 1 extra S rank.
-You have 600% for stat bonus's at class level 1, and 850% for level 10. The game could have some sort of stat calculator to set the integers for these to make it fair. You must have at least 20% in every stat at 1, and 35% at level 10. You cannot exceed 175% in any stat at level 1, and 200% at level 10.
-You have 55 (YES, I SAID 55!) in your PA caps.(For example Class 1: Melee-25 Ranged-30 Technic-Unavailable)
- You may choose to use traps for the cost of 5 PA cap levels, and there are some bonuses Bonuses: to damage, radius, status effect level, and PP cost (if they choose to make them a PA skill). You automatically get a minor damage bonus, but it is an additional 5 PA cap levels or 5% from your stats for each additional bonus.
-There are obviously no racial bonuses.
-Custom Classes are name-able (^^)
-It costs 10,000 PLUS The regular class change fee for your level, to make/switch to a new class.
-When you make a new class, you automatically switch to it.

Although I think this can make things grossly overpowered (6 of any S rank, 55 PA level ANY WAY) I"ve thought about stuff like this too.

Wartecher Demi-god

S ranks
Dagger
Spear
Bow
Card
Cane
MAG-thing (this assumes that it is infact a left-hand casting weapon and works similarly to right-handed casting, example, isn't insanely slow/weak, can map 2 spells to it.)

A ranks
Saber
Claw
Axe
Handgun
Rod
twin daggers
something new that looks fun?? dosen't need that many weapons really.

Stat growth I haven't really looked into. If the 600% thing is really close to the actual class ammount, then probably close to WarTecher, if it's more, add crap to TP.

Skills:
Striking: 22
Ranged: 11
Tech: 22

it dosen't really need much else, as it's pretty much death-incarnate.

Also, if there is any actual info on the MAG type thingy let me know. If it dosne't work at all like that I've got much less reason to care about this class/wartecher/the expansion. But I'll start leveling my wartecher again if they actually have an excpusive S rank, and be able to carry a dagger and still cast at least 1 spell without changing weapons.

Gryffin
Mar 16, 2007, 02:11 PM
The main reason I proposed this is because of the weapon ranking system... I kinda wish every character/class could use any rank of the weapons provided to that class...

Like I really want S in cards and bows on a Guntecher...

I'd be abnormally happy if you could choose the weapons on classes.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Allison_W
Mar 16, 2007, 02:15 PM
I'm not going to bash on your general idea--I rather like it. However, I can pick out two major ways in which your suggested implementation is flawed.

One, PAs generally get their biggest changes at levels 11 and 21; PA level caps coming in increments of 10 doesn't simply limit the PA's overall power, but a cap of 20 cuts off a PA's second major evolution (i.e., extra combos on a skill) and a cap of 10 cuts off a PA's first major evolution as well. I'm tempted to say two PA categories at 25 is better than, say, one at 30 and one at 20, because even if you don't get 30 in either, you get third-stage PAs in both.

Two, some weapons are just plain more desirable as a general thing than others. No one would take handguns; they suck. The only reason someone would use them is for lack of a better alternative, like Fortefighters do; if proficiency with crossbows or bows or other such "real weapons" could be taken as easily as with handguns, then that's what people will take. In the same vein, even people making techer hybrids will almost certainly take rods when the current limitation of rods to "pure techers" serves in no small way to distinguish them from hybrid techers--heck, even people not aiming to be techers would get huge use out of just taking rod proficiency for sticking buffs on. To tie in with the PA level caps problem, someone making a fighter-type could easily abuse this by taking technic access at level 1 and rod proficiency just for casting buffs on themselves.

The fixes I'd suggest for the first problem is to require PA caps to be allocated in increments of 10 (pick: no investment, max PA level 10, max PA level 20, max PA level 30). Moreover, currently, the worst skills classes have skills capped at 1, the worst bullets classes have bullets capped at 10, and the worst technic classes just can't use techs period. I'd follow the pattern for skills and techs: a class that invests no PA cap levels in skills can still use level 1 skills (they're not likely to be effective enough to make that big a difference, anyway), and a class that invests no PA cap levels in techs just can't use techs (because level 1 techs can make a much bigger difference in that techs like buffs will still be quite useful). I could see bullets handled either way, or for custom classes to have a minimum of 10 in bullets access as all classes do now.

The only way I can think of to handle the second problem, offhand, is to make some weapons more "expensive" than others. As in, you'd have to make a larger investment to be proficient in, say, rifles than you would have to in order to be proficient in handguns, or you'd have to make a larger investment to be proficient in rods than you would in order to be proficient in staves. The difference would need to be significant enough that some people would actually end up taking handguns proficiency and that some techers would take wands and pass on rods.

Even though there are definite balance problems that'd have to be worked out, I still like your idea as just that--an idea. It'd let us make a melee/caster hybrid who has strong offenses but lacks the WT's durability, or a Fortefighter type that trades some of the raw power for agility and heavy weapons for lighter ones while still being every bit as melee-specialized, or a ranged/caster hybrid that's more balanced between the two elements than the Guntecher, or a roguish caster who sacrifices on bullets in exchange for traps, or a melee/ranged hybrid that's more ranged than melee unlike the Fighgunner... yeah, quite a bit here that could be done, if the problems could be worked around.

EDIT: Yeah, the railroading on weapon types kind of bugs me, too. For instance, I have a character concept that I could totally use for a Wartecher, except I'd want her to be more aspected towards the melee than casting aspects (compare to Guntecher--let's give her 30 in skills, 10 in technics), and she's used a two-handed sword ever since I conceived of her years ago but WTs can't use two-handed swords. This is not happymaking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-03-16 12:19 ]</font>

Emrald
Mar 16, 2007, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Techer!

S rank:Rod Cane Madoog

A rank: saber, hand gun, bow (Don't flame me >_>)

PA levels:
Melee:None
Ranged:10
Tech:60 (that should keep us busy!)

Golto
Mar 16, 2007, 02:19 PM
ST needs to listen to this guy, custom types would be awesome but too much work for them. I'd glady give up a rank spears on my FtG to use a rand wands.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 16, 2007, 02:26 PM
I could easily see what Allison_W suggested with the points.

Each weapon has points assigned to it, and making it A or S varies the cost of each weapon, and some cost more than others. As you master more classes, you would get more points towards making a custom class! SO in theory, if you master every class you'd be able to create an ultimate class, basically.

THE JACKEL

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 16, 2007, 03:03 PM
well, maybe this:
Samurai
Skills - lv 30
Bullets - lv 21
Techs - Can't use

S rank-
Twin Sabers
Swords
Spears
Longbows
Katanas(if they ever make such a weapon type)
Sabers

A rank
Twin Daggers
Daggers
Axe
Double Saber
Claw
Twin Claw
Fists
Pistol(well, pretty much every class can use them)

Chuck Norris
Skills: 100
Bullets: 100
Techs: 100

S rank:
All weapons

Natrokos
Mar 16, 2007, 03:07 PM
It would be cool but flawed. I'd take 2 points from range and give myself 21strk 21tch as a Wartecher and give an S in twin sabers twin claws bows and rods (essentially the only weapons I would use) I'm not bashing you but when custom classes are involved balancing issues will occur.

VanHalen
Mar 16, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-03-16 13:03, Shiroryuu wrote:

Chuck Norris

S rank:
All weapons

I lol'd

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 16, 2007, 04:20 PM

Chuck Norris

S rank:
All weapons

Wouldn't it be

Chuck Norris
Skills: N/A
Bullets: N/A
Techs: N/A

Weapons: None
Special Note: When Chuck Norris enters a room, everyone does, even players.

THE JACKEL

RedX
Mar 16, 2007, 04:30 PM
One problem with the PA caps, PTs already have over that with 30 Skills and 30 Bullets for a total of 60 :/

Other then that good idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedX on 2007-03-16 14:30 ]</font>

Kent
Mar 16, 2007, 04:32 PM
Melee 22
Ranged 11
Technic 22

S-rank
Saber
Spear
Longbow
Card
Wand
[Whatever they're calling the left-handed casting Mag thing]

A-rank
Whip
Dagger
Twin Dagger
Claw
Doublesaber
Rod
Handgun
Slicer

Stats? Probably similar to that of Wartecher. Sacrifice some EVP for better TAP and ATA, though.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 16, 2007, 04:32 PM
On 2007-03-16 14:30, RedX wrote:
One problem with the PA caps, PTs already have over that with 30 Skills and 30 Bullets for a total of 60 :/

Other then that good idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AND they have ALL traps, which would be at least another 5 the way he has it set up, so that's 65 points

THE JACKEL

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 16, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-03-16 14:20, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

Chuck Norris

S rank:
All weapons

Wouldn't it be

Chuck Norris

THE JACKEL

or better yet, "When Chuck Norris enters a room, all enemies die instantly."

DurakkenX
Mar 16, 2007, 04:50 PM
you know...one of the things about this idea is that some classes would simply not be viable anymore...

fF would be obsolete even if you made all the same decision as a custom class would have a 20bullet or 10 tech ability.

PT would be obsolete because the point of them existing is versatility

And you know that would be alright, but being that it would just be there it'd be unfair in general.

What they could do is make it so you could Srank any weapon you have already reached the 30cap on AND have reached LVL 10 on a class that has S rank on it...and then you could raise PA max lvl to 40 or 50. Any weapon/PA/tech you have used you can use and they'd cap at whatever you have them at and are unable to go beyond your current max unless they are already lvl 30 Eventually you could get every weapon to an S-rank proficiency or better, but with PA limitations on how many you can use thats not really a prob

So basically to use lvl 20 techs you'd need to be lvl10 force and already have all your skills for that built up...which means if you had say all 3 of the basic classes built up you could technically have every weapon (save for Axe, double saber, crossbow, and bow i think) B ranked and lvl 20 with that...

and if you add say fortefighter onto that you could get up to lvl 29PAs if you haven't already capped any yet... then once you cap a weapon at 30 on fortefighter you could then raise to 40 or 50 with custom....

you'd then have a weapon than can go to 40/50 and use almost every other weapon at least to B rank proficieny..

sure it's unbalanced, but it would take a lot of work to get this class to a point where it can be that unbalanced and that what the point of the reward is ^.^

Allison_W
Mar 16, 2007, 04:52 PM
Don't forget that PTs also get big fat damage bonuses with their traps.

But they're probably getting points for that from crudbucket stats and no S-ranks.

VanHalen
Mar 16, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-03-16 14:48, Shiroryuu wrote:

Chuck Norris

S rank:
All weapons

Wouldn't it be

Chuck Norris

THE JACKEL

or even better when you press the normal attack button he uses super megid. The PA button John Wayne is summoned.

And the Kubara company better get up off their lazy ass and make a Chuck Norris saber instead of making bootleg versions of other weapons. Probably.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 16, 2007, 04:55 PM
Hmm... I'll take a wack at that-

OptimumGunner

S-grades-
Rifle
Shotgun
Grenade Launcher
Laser Cannon
Shot[the PSO classic one, if they make it...]

A-grades-
Twin Handgun
Handgun
Crossbow
Mechgun
Slicer[once it's out.]

B-grades[yes B-grades....]
Saber
Dagger

PAs-
Lv5 Melee
Lv40 Bullets[if their made]
Lv1 techniques[you can't restrict techs, just limit their Lv]

Traps-
All Regular traps
All G traps

Special Bonus-
PA EXP gain 2x as fast for Bullets

Weakness
Mar 16, 2007, 05:19 PM
Okay, going by your rules, I am making what GunTecher should have been.

Skill Caps:
Melee - 1 (everybody gets at least 1 here so I can't say unaccessible).
Ranged - 30
Technic - 20
Traps - Damage, Burn, Freeze, Shock, and Silence available.

S Ranks:
Bow
Card
Crossbow
Handgun
Mechgun
Twin Handgun

A Ranks:
Dagger
Saber

Laser Cannon
Rifle
Shotgun

Wand

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif On PSUpedia most jobs average 650~700 starting stat bonuses, so I am going to cheat here. It is still balanced in my opinion, just breaking your rules... and even then it isn't by much.

Job Level 1:
HP - 80%
ATP - 70%
ATA - 100%
TP - 60%
DFP - 60%
EVA - 110%
MST - 60%
STA - 120%

Job Level 10:
HP - 105%
ATP - 95%
ATA - 150%
TP - 75%
DFP - 80%
EVA - 110%
MST - 75%
STA - 120%

Also a 130% critical hit rate like every other advanced job.

It is pretty much the same thing as the current GunTecher, only with a few S ranks switched. Also I upped the TP percent, because 44% at level 10 GunTecher is BS... -.-; Techer is in their name for Christ's sake. Because at level 80/10 I can barely equip A rank wands with my CAST... and Humans barely get 9*.

Edit:

Took off a couple of A ranks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif GunTecher doesn't need Grenade Launchers or Rods to be honest... my main beef is the TP stat, and Bow/Card should be S rank.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-03-16 16:22 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Mar 16, 2007, 05:24 PM
I'd make this broken
I'd make it more like a Techhunter
-S rank sword
-S rank Rod
-S rank Claws
-S rank double saber
-S rank saber
-S rank dual daggers
-S rank mach guns
-A rank wand
-A rank bow
-A rank cards
-A rank dual Handguns
-A rank Spear
-A rank axe
-b rank single dagger
-b rank Single claw
PA caps
20-Melee
30-techs
10-bullets
No traps.

GalaxTheWanderer
Mar 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-03-16 14:53, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-03-16 14:48, Shiroryuu wrote:

Chuck Norris

S rank:
All weapons

Wouldn't it be

Chuck Norris

THE JACKEL

or even better when you press the normal attack button he uses super megid. The PA button John Wayne is summoned.

And the Kubara company better get up and make a Chuck Norris saber instead of making bootleg versions of other weapons. Probably.

No, it should be:

Chuck Norris

S ranks: N/A

Special Note: When Chuck Norris joins your party, all your items disappeare(sp?) and end up in the inventory of Chuck Norris, and the mission is automatically abandoned.

Weeaboolits
Mar 16, 2007, 06:13 PM
Ronin Cooper's Magnificent Hybrid Class For Guardians To Play As Whilst Pwning Enemies
(RCMHCFGTPAWPE)

Weapons:
All (C rank only)

PAs:
All (Lv. 30)

Traps:
Yes

Stats:
Reduced in all areas.

^_^

Niered
Mar 16, 2007, 06:21 PM
I get the feeling Im the only one here that DOESNT like this proposal.

Simply put, the reason PSU works so wonderfully is BECAUSE of the inhibitions given to us as classes. Rangers SE and deal damage from a safe distance. Forces buff,heal, and do huge damage to large immobile creatures and bosses. Hunters take the frontlines, distracting the enemies, and doing good damage at the same time.

Maybe if the game hadnt been designed with that system in place this would work. But otherwise I just dont see it happening. Basically what I can see happening with this is:

Everybody will choose lv 20 skills and lv 10 techs. Theyll all take double sabers and axes as S ranks. They will also all take resta.

Thats what will happen eventually.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 16, 2007, 06:21 PM
Custom Class:
Mercenary- party necessary

Can equip a copy of any weapon anyone else in the party has, and any tech/PA they have to their proficiency. If multiple people have the same PA, the higher level is the one used

How about that?

THE JACKEL

Weeaboolits
Mar 16, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-03-16 16:21, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Custom Class:
Mercenary- party necessary

Can equip a copy of any weapon anyone else in the party has, and any tech/PA they have to their proficiency. If multiple people have the same PA, the higher level is the one used

How about that?

THE JACKEL

But you have to pay them more XD

VanHalen
Mar 16, 2007, 06:46 PM
Class: Kirby
Whatever element your enemy is hitting that enemy with a neutral element will turn your weapon into that element.
Skills:??
Techs:??
Bullets:??
Traps: yes

Special Ability: Cool dance poses and song after defeating bosses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-03-16 16:46 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Mar 16, 2007, 11:30 PM
Protecher:
- All A-Rank single handed weapons (Saber, Dagger, Handgun, Crossbow, Wand, etc.)
- 30 Tech
- 20 Skill
- 10 Bullet
- Stat bonuses in the vein of Protranser
- 50% PP cost reduction

Sure!

Allison_W
Mar 17, 2007, 10:53 AM
Well, here's one. I probably designed it rather badly within the limitations given, but oh well:

The Rogue (RO)

S-ranks:
Daggers
Twin Daggers
Knuckles
Sabers
Twin Sabers
Whips

A-ranks:
Handguns
Twin Handguns
Crossbows
Cards (why? for gambling, of course)
Double Sabers
Rifles
Claws
Twin Claws

PA caps: Skills 30, Bullets 10, no Technics.

Traps: Yes.

Special Ability, which I estimated to be worth 10 PA levels in the Rogue's case: When using a melee weapon, a Rogue can inflict SEs depending upon the weapon's element (neutral = poison with the addition of being stackable with burn or infect, fire = burn, ice = freeze, plasma = shock, ground = silence, light = confuse, dark = infect). Regular attacks and attacks using skills level 1-10 carry SE1, attacks using skills level 11-20 carry SE2, attacks using skills level 21-30 carry SE3, and critical hits with regular attacks or skills of any level carry SE4 in both the ordinary SE and Incapacitate.

Stats at type level 1:
HP: 70%
ATP: 70%
ATA: 100%
TP: 20%
DFP: 70%
EVP: 100%
MST: 20%
STA: 100%
Crit hits: +50% (paid with 50% taken from stats)

Stats at type level 10:
HP: 90%
ATP: 100%
ATA: 120%
TP: 35%
DFP: 90%
EVP: 200%
MST: 65%

As you can see, the Rogue takes some pointers from the Protranser, and depends upon some special tricks up its sleeve: traps, SEs (though inflicted in melee), and a jacked-up critical hit rate. Its low ATP reduces the efficacy of low-power, multiple-hit weapons, but the Rogue still uses these because multiple hits means more chances to inflict SEs and crits from Hell. Unlike the Protranser, it doesn't have the ability to hang back and effectively deliver its SEs with ranged weapons, and so its fighting style carries a high risk with potentially high reward (namely, striking several enemies at once several times quickly with a PA carrying SE3s and damning crits). Being a good Rogue requires a love of dirty tricks, traps, hit-and-runs, using your head in the heat of battle, and living on the edge--dancing on the edge of death one moment and saving the day with a lucky string of killer critical hits the next.

EDIT: Special ability.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-03-18 09:29 ]</font>

Gryffin
Mar 17, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-03-17 08:53, Allison_W wrote:
Well, here's one. I probably designed it rather badly within the limitations given, but oh well:

The Rogue

S-ranks:
Daggers
Twin Daggers
Knuckles
Sabers
Twin Sabers
Whips

A-ranks:
Handguns
Twin Handguns
Crossbows
Cards (why? for gambling, of course)
Double Sabers
Rifles
Claws
Twin Claws

PA caps: Skills 30, Bullets 10, no Technics.

Traps: Yes.

Special Ability: When using an elemental melee weapon, a Rogue can inflict SEs like a Bullet of the matching element, except ground weapons inflict poison instead of silence (fire = burn, ice = freeze, plasma = shock, ground = poison with the addition of being stackable with burn or infect, light = confuse, dark = infect). Regular attacks and attacks using Skills level 1-10 carry SE1, attacks using Skills level 11-20 carry SE2, and attacks using Skills level 21-30 carry SE3. I valued this ability at 10 PA levels.

Stats at type level 1:
HP: 70%
ATP: 70%
ATA: 100%
TP: 20%
DFP: 70%
EVP: 100%
MST: 20%

Stats at type level 10:
HP: 90%
ATA: 120%
TP: 35%
DFP: 90%
EVP: 200%
MST: 65%

As you can see, the Rogue takes some pointers from the Protranser, and depends upon some special tricks up its sleeve: traps, SEs (though inflicted in melee), and a jacked-up critical hit rate. Its low ATP reduces the efficacy of low-power, multiple-hit weapons, but the Rogue still uses these because multiple hits mean more chances to inflict SEs. Unlike the Protranser, it doesn't have the ability to hang back and effectively deliver its SEs with ranged weapons, and so its fighting style carries a high risk with potentially high reward (namely, striking several enemies at once several times quickly with a PA carrying an SE3). Being a good Rogue requires a love of dirty tricks, traps, hit-and-runs, using your head in the heat of battle, and living on the edge.

Wow, your format was absolutely amazing.

</jealousy>

Allison_W
Mar 17, 2007, 11:09 AM
My format? Like the way I organized the information? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Also, I made an edit concerning the special ability and critical hits, realizing crits should probably add Incapacitate or something devilish like that.

Allison_W
Mar 18, 2007, 11:20 AM
Let's do another one, shall we?

The Paladin (PL)

S-ranks:
Axes
Claws (single)
Knuckles
Sabers (single)
Spears
Swords

A-ranks:
Daggers
Twin Claws
Twin Daggers
Twin Sabers
Handguns
Slicers
Mags
Wands

PA caps: Skills 30, Bullets 10, Technics 10.

Traps: No.

Special Abilities, Resta: Paladins can do something with Resta that other techers can't--equip it to two-handed striking weapons. They cannot do this with other technics. When they do so, it is accessible with (using PS2 controls) R1+Square, consumes the weapon's PP as appropriate, and uses the weapon's ATP bonus as its TP bonus. I valued this ability at 5 PA levels, which may be a bit cheap. Additionally, a Paladin also has the ability to bring back an ally who is at 0 hit points if their Resta goes off before the ally's graphical HP bar has drained completely away; this counts as no death (I valued this ability at 10% from stats due to being rather situational).

Special Ability, Defender: Paladins draw more enemy hate than other characters. When an enemy spawns, the Paladin will always be its first target unless the Paladin is actually out of its aggro range. Additionally, when an enemy's hate is on the Paladin, a character of another class must hit it at least twice in order to pull its hate (this is under the assumption that enemy hate is generally on the last character to land a hit), and the enemy will turn its attention back to the Paladin if the non-Paladin fails to attack for more than a few seconds. Certain enemies, likely bosses and sub-bosses, may ignore this ability. I valued this ability at 10% from stats, given that it's not that big a draw (I tried to design it so that the enemy wouldn't allow itself to be wolfpacked that much more than it ordinarily would), and when it does make a difference, it can be a double-edged sword due to the fact that no class can withstand a concentrated beatdown in PSU.

Stats at type level 1:
HP: 100%
ATA: 60%
TP: 30%
DFP: 100%
EVP: 20%
MST: 40%
STA: 130%

Stats at type level 10:
HP: 145%
ATP: 120%
ATA: 80%
TP: 50%
DFP: 150%
EVP: 35%
MST: 120%
STA: 130%

Paladins are for people who want to be unparalleled protectors. Their low chance to be interrupted by evading an attack, as well as their special abilities to equip Resta to two-handed melee weapons in addition to wands and mags and to bring back an ally who was just taken down to 0 HP makes them unmatched as emergency RIGHT NOW healers (even better when equipped with a head-slot unit that hastens technic casting speed), though they'll want to yield to Fortetechers and Wartechers in non-emergency situations. While their stats start low, not too unlike a Protranser's, their eventually high HP, DFP, MST, and STA means that they can take one helluva beating and still be there when their allies need them. Their ability to draw hate capitalizes on their defenses, putting themselves in danger for the sake of their allies. When there isn't another techer in the party to take care of it, the Paladin is also capable of buffing allies and debuffing enemies, albeit with entry-level ability. Sadly, they lack a Fortefighter's offenses, with slightly lower ATP, much lower ATA, and lack of a discount on skills, while they share the Fortefighter's complete lack of facility with ranged weapons. Moreover, their low TP and low technic level cap together mean they're not very capable with attack techs, and won't likely be nuking anything to death anytime soon.

Of course, the Paladin's best ability is that they're the sexiest thing alive, never wanting for a damsel (or boy, whatever)-in-distress to save and carry away on their noble steed. Unlike their other special abilities and bonuses, this one's free.

Also, another edit on the Rogue; I messed up on its SEs earlier.