PDA

View Full Version : I need an opinion.

Esufer
Mar 16, 2007, 05:31 PM
Right. So I'm looooooving Claws. Like. Lots.

So much so that I'm considering using them exclusively.

I'm already a Fighgunner level 4 though, and am wondering if it's worth switching to Fortefighter for the reduced PP usage and the use of S-rank claws?

I'd have to trade off in accuracy/versatility though... But there are plenty of Fighgunners/Fortegunners to fill those roles in the parties i play in anyway.

Opinions?

Randomness
Mar 16, 2007, 05:33 PM
Do whatever is more fun. Since we dont have S claws, and you can offset PP with more weapons, you should be fine as whatever you want.

Esufer
Mar 16, 2007, 05:38 PM
Yeeeeeahh. But we will get them eventually.

And I'd be more beefy as a Fortefighter.

Just wondering if the cut to ATA is that bad.

Freshellent
Mar 16, 2007, 05:39 PM
Are you shooting? Are you traping? That's the things I would consider.

Esufer
Mar 16, 2007, 05:46 PM
Well, at the moment, I tend to run in, and clawclawclaw the night away. I don't bother with traps unless i'm playing PT, to be perfectly awesome.

And I used to use guns a LOT more, but I've gotten sloppy with them recently.

I only use them if I'm feeling lazy and want something to die.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 16, 2007, 05:50 PM
s ranks claws are all about the looks. If you want to use some very cool looking claws...ya gots to go Fortefighter.

If you can live with A ranks, well then, stay figunner.

Namira
Mar 16, 2007, 06:20 PM
You're a horrible fighgunner if all you do is use claws. =)

Esufer
Mar 16, 2007, 06:21 PM
Nooo. I only have one claw at the moment, but I'm loving it.

At the moment, my weapon setup is...

Lockgun/Ga-Misaki
Repeater/Sava-Zashi
Arb Roga.

I gave my Claymaud and Hanzo to someone that needed them more than me. ^_^

Kaydin
Mar 16, 2007, 06:22 PM
Don't go exclusive anything. That puts you in the same category as the Double Saber only Fighgunners >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-03-16 16:22 ]</font>

Esufer
Mar 16, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-03-16 16:22, Kadan wrote:
Don't go exclusive anything. That puts you in the same category as the Double Saber only Fighgunners >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-03-16 16:22 ]</font>

Mmmm, I was gonna try
2xClaw+Handgun
with
4xDouble Claws.

I prefer to take on one enemy at a time, and can't really justify using swords and axes because of the slowness =/

I'd rather inflict horrific amounts of damage to one enemy, than slow but steady damage to lots.

VanHalen
Mar 16, 2007, 06:42 PM
Go ahead claws are fun!And as a Fortefighter you get that little PP save so it can help you lvl the PAs. Though what will become of your shotgun mine on Moatoob?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-03-16 16:43 ]</font>

Esufer
Mar 16, 2007, 06:59 PM
I think the market for shotguns is currently limited. T_T

VanHalen
Mar 17, 2007, 12:56 AM
Well all the protransers are buying.

Zorafim
Mar 17, 2007, 02:09 AM
I think the only reason fighgunners get the huge ata boost is for their guns, really. I hit very consistently as a fortefighter, and even welcome misses due to the fact that they stun enemies. The problem you'll probably notice quite a bit is your lack of being able to damage anything that's strong against melee weapons, in whatever form. Also, lack of traps and all other forms of status effects makes me sad.

Cz
Mar 17, 2007, 02:23 AM
if u havent problem with ata just go behind enemies and attack them. That is what i do with my axe. Fortefighter is a great tank for the front line and can do massive damage if u have good % weapon. If you are mostly gonna be meleeing than go fortefighter for the bonus hp and def cause it can really helps a lot. why not just level both class to 10...lol. Have fun with the class!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Skuda
Mar 17, 2007, 03:15 AM
I was originally fighgunner and torn between the S-rank claws myself. I wasn't planning on using twin claws and claws exclusively, but I certainly wanted to specialize in them. I currently have about 10 pairs of twin claws, and 5 single claws that I use quite frequently.

I eventually hung up my beautiful sets of arb hadocs, and went fortefighter.

It was the best decision I could have made. I was so happy with the damage I was dealing, and the reduced pp cost was also nice.

If you do go fortefighter, I highly recommend picking up a few axes. (high percents on axes make them all the sweeter >;3).

If you're not using guns and traps often as a fighgunner, I'd say make the switch. Definately.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2007-03-17 01:17 ]</font>

Esufer
Mar 17, 2007, 05:24 AM
Right, looks like when I hit 55, I'm gonna idle my way through some Lab SS runs. XD