PDA

View Full Version : urgh.... lamers.

Rigsta
Dec 6, 2002, 03:10 PM
Geez... a Character kill and a FSOD in 2 days of play. The former costing a savefile (I unplugged the rwong VMU >.<) and the latter costing a twin brand (personal fave weapon) and a lvl100 Apsaras mag which I was busy raising to replace the Kama mag I had equpped.

What is wrong with these people? I can't even safely start an open game anymore, let alone use a rare weapon. In the past two days I haven't seen ONE person NOT using a GS in some way. The FSOD I received was when trying to go back to the lobby after someone started casting spells on me in town... Argh, I despair.

Erm, anyway. Vent over. Sorry to make you read that, I'm just appalled at the state of the community.

Here's hoping that PSO GC has better "code" protection. Can anyone tell me if character save files are stored on the memory card or the servers? Hopefully PSO 1&2 will be released in Britain before the Action Replay makes it's foul way to GC.

Kaervek
Dec 6, 2002, 03:16 PM
I completely understand how irritated you are losing your character(s) to cheaters online - it has happened to the best of us. However, I wish you would have posted this thread under the "rants" section of the board - I don't come to the "general" topic to read endless posts of CK'd / PK'd characters.

I don't know how long you've played PSO (and I'm assuming that you are on either v.1 or v.2 DC) but it's just a simple fact of life that people cheat with these versions. Coming here and posting about it might release a little agitation on your part, but you really should get used to it. Lock your games, or if you don't, realize that you are risking your character and countless hours of investment into said character.

Better luck next time, and please, post in the appropriate discussion group. Thanks!

ABDUR101
Dec 6, 2002, 05:22 PM
Yeah, tis a rant, so it gets moved to Rants. =)

Sorry to hear about what happened, but if you've been around since Vers 1 on the DC, you just know it comes with the territory hehe.

Take care, and don't let it ruin your experience.

*moves to appropriate forum*