PDA

View Full Version : I just went online for the first time....

aquafire
Mar 16, 2007, 09:07 PM
I was amazed at how big the online world is. 18 universes plus 4 planets/colonies in each....that's amazing. Anyway, me being a noob and all, I was wondering which Univers, and planet, is the best to start off at? Also, what's the busiest Universe and Planet? One more thing, what place should I avoid?

BTW I use the ps3's wifi to get online and am freaked out over how good it is. The only problem is that it has trouble loading everyone's characters so they all look the same (kinda look like dolls).

McLaughlin
Mar 16, 2007, 09:10 PM
The doll thing happens because the game can't render everyone at once, so it only renders the people in your immediate area.

Your connection may be good, but you'll still get the same slowdown everyone else does in battle. That has to do with game coding, and not with connection speed.

I can't really say where the best place to go would be, because I don't play on PC/PS2 servers, but I'm sure someone'll tell you soon. (Each Universe is identical. They all have the same content.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-16 19:11 ]</font>

Weakness
Mar 16, 2007, 09:10 PM
Universe 2 is always the most populated, Universe 15 is the official PSOW universe, PS3's WiFi is pretty cool, and that happens on all systems...

aquafire
Mar 16, 2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the fast replies and info! PS3's wifi is pretty cool xD.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 16, 2007, 09:13 PM
Busiest place is universe 2, at Seabeds.

Take the direction : Planet Parum > West district > Trains rescue > ( Your destination of the busiest of areas.)

Lman90245
Mar 16, 2007, 09:44 PM
I had to pay 80 bucks for my 360 wifi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

McLaughlin
Mar 16, 2007, 09:53 PM
Mine was free. I took the receiver out of my PC and stuck it in my 360's ethernet port. Bada bing, bada boom. I'm set.