PDA

View Full Version : Curiousity

Sharkyland
Mar 17, 2007, 01:16 PM
I'm curious, if your character does it's character animation like say fall to the ground, can you avoid the megid coming at you or are situated at that fixed location (like your character standing there).

Rashiid
Mar 17, 2007, 01:20 PM
er...i think u still get hit...

i was knocked down, and barta came by, and i was frozen on te ground (i looked dead http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )

DurakkenX
Mar 17, 2007, 01:48 PM
yes you are still megided... this game has no vertical positioning per say so as long as you are on the map and the thing coming at you is not terrain blocked (some places it does happen, others it does not) you will be hit.

One example where this is not true is a place in hive when you are on a slight incline and shoot at something in the othr room...you have to go down the incline till you are roughly on the same plane...

Syl
Mar 17, 2007, 01:50 PM
Take the 3rd block of Labs for example. I got knocked down by a charging Pola and I fell right? Well, then a Jarba proceeded to nail me with megid while I was still on the floor, and then got ransacked again by another Pola. The whole time I didn't have a chance to get up and I was still getting hurt =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WatchThemFeed on 2007-03-17 11:50 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Mar 17, 2007, 01:51 PM
also you can trigger getting up by attacking >.>

Golto
Mar 17, 2007, 02:20 PM
Looks like someone hasn't played much of Voc S. There is some vertical positioning just look at all those digas fly over you head. I've seen megids fired upwards trying to hit characters using pas that make them jump.

Syl
Mar 17, 2007, 02:32 PM
Well you guys aren't rangers, and the whole labs beating happened in a couple seconds >.>

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 17, 2007, 02:40 PM
Your character is a technically a graphic cylinder, and Megid is a sphere.

If your character falls, your 'cylinder' is in a horizontal position, based off of the positions of the waist and thighs.

Megid homes in opn the very center of your 'cylinder', so either way, unless your cylinder is moved out of the way completely of the 'Megi-sphere' then it will hit you.

vertical positioning is effective in this game. If it wasn't, how could you snipe the Shagreeces above you, without 1st person shooting while facing upward?