PDA

View Full Version : Grenaders can't hit at close range?

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
Why can't they? the 'bullet' can clearly hit a target before it hits the ground...

And why will it NOT explode on walls before the 'arch' hits the peak of it's path?

SEGA needs to edit the grenader for sure...

Weakness
Mar 17, 2007, 03:43 PM
Because if you could point blank a monster, then Grenade Launcher would be horribly broken.

Big monsters already can't move when you use one properly, it ass rapes bosses with multiple hit point... what more do you want?

Sunwind
Mar 17, 2007, 05:08 PM
would be nice if when you had the grenade launcher out you could circle the monster locked on like with melee weapons, would make it easier to aim on monsters that like to move a lot

Umi_Ryu
Mar 17, 2007, 06:09 PM
I hope you Sunwind was joking ...

But I agree, grenades should explose even if they did not reach the peak of their arch. But it should make friendly fire able, at least, making the grenader taking damages from his explosion.

This way they could add a "Kamikaze" AI to some mobs that would run to grenaders for making them blow themselves.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 17, 2007, 06:13 PM
Hmm... Kamakazi seems a bit much... because then the grenader's boom would hit others too.

Rashiid
Mar 17, 2007, 06:20 PM
Ranger = Ranged = you should be in zeh back inywayz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 17, 2007, 07:28 PM
yeah, srsly. it does crazy damage, hits multiple targets with knockback effect, what more could you want? I just made a newman fortegunner and I'm happy wtih the grenade launcher, although it needs some time to getting used to.

Niered
Mar 17, 2007, 10:04 PM
The grenade launcher is perfect the way it is. It is in fact a fixed range weapon, but more then makes up for this by being:

-The only multi-hitting gun to get SE3.
-Excellent damage.
-Stagger and knockback (this alone makes it my favorite multi hitting weapon.)

So not be an ass, but my advice is to get used to it. Its an amazing weapon and I dont complain when I get handed an awesome crowd control device.

pso123hrf
Mar 18, 2007, 08:47 AM
On 2007-03-17 13:43, Weakness wrote:

Big monsters already can't move when you use one properly, it ass rapes bosses with multiple hit point... what more do you want?

Haha, I'm sure they'd enjoy that ._.

Ninja_Gun
Mar 18, 2007, 02:03 PM
even thought it doesnt hit yourself if you hit a monster up close point blank it could hit yourslef!!

-Ryuki-
Mar 18, 2007, 02:04 PM
Sure. We'll have it so that you can toss a grenade right in front o fyou, and not explode.
Let's do that in real life and see what happens!

Feelmirath
Mar 18, 2007, 02:06 PM
I think a few people already have XP

Weakness
Mar 18, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-03-17 20:04, Niered wrote:

-The only multi-hitting gun to get SE3.

;;>.> So Crossbows and Shotguns don't count as multi-hitting weapons?

Niered
Mar 18, 2007, 02:45 PM
Shotguns max at SE2, of that I am sure. I have 2 Shotgun PA's maxed.

I was fairly certain that Crossbows max at SE2 as well, but I could be wrong. Feel free to prove me wrong =)

-Ryuki-
Mar 18, 2007, 03:05 PM
Crossbow = SE3, 3 shots. Faster reload time, single-handed, and better mobility compared to Shotgun.

Weakness
Mar 18, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-03-18 12:45, Niered wrote:
Shotguns max at SE2, of that I am sure. I have 2 Shotgun PA's maxed.

I was fairly certain that Crossbows max at SE2 as well, but I could be wrong. Feel free to prove me wrong =)

I have 2 crossbow bullets at 30, they cap at 3.