PDA

View Full Version : Hair Salon Update Idea: Good or Bad?

Jaysky
Mar 17, 2007, 03:08 PM
I just got finished talking to my friend about his new PSU look for St. Patrick's Day and then I brought up his hair colour and he said he was going to change it, sound like an ordinary conversation huh? Well then when I read his sentence a sudden idea sparked in my head and I just burst out and said, "What if we could have highlights in our hair? Like in the salon there could be an option of highlights, like putting a single stroke of red hair down your black hair for an example."

So in short, do you think this would be a cool update for PSU?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaysky on 2007-03-20 14:49 ]</font>

Kimil
Mar 17, 2007, 03:11 PM
YES. tht would be great...

But I think Would have advertised this option in the faitsu mag for the expansion (seeing at how it would be hard to simply put this in a partch, because of ps2's lac of a hardrive.

I hope Sega is hold beack some extra cool stuff for the expansion...

Jaysky
Mar 17, 2007, 03:14 PM
Well at least they're comming out with new weapons in the update, however i'm not to excited about the whole HUmar armor comming back, I'd rather stay away from the old look.

Spacepest
Mar 17, 2007, 04:30 PM
Dear gawd, that would be awesome if we could put highlights in our character's hair. I'd do it to Nougami in an instant.

I remember when I played EQ2, one of the races had a highlight hair option in the character creation screen. I remember it was really cool to make a character with multicolored hair.

I'd pay extra meseta at the hair salon in PSU if I could have multiple colored hair. And really, I don't see why you couldn't do it...you can only change your eye and skin color there as well. XD

Gospel
Mar 17, 2007, 04:34 PM
great idea. would it kill em to make a buzzcut or a shaved head!
they should do this with the expansion and add some new and old doo's along with the old ranger mask and face paint...

Flwl3ssCowboy
Mar 17, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-03-17 13:08, Jaysky wrote:
I just got finished talking to my friend about his new PSU look for St. Patrick's Day and then I brought up his hair colour and he said he was going to change it, sound like an ordinary conversation huh? Well then when I read his sentance a sudden idea sparked in my head and I just burst out and said, "What if we could have highlights in our hair? Like in the salon there could be an option of highlights, like putting a signle stroke of red hair down your black hair for an example."

THIS MAN IS GENIOUS.

Jaysky
Mar 17, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-03-17 17:07, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

I just got finished talking to my friend about his new PSU look for St. Patrick's Day and then I brought up his hair colour and he said he was going to change it, sound like an ordinary conversation huh? Well then when I read his sentance a sudden idea sparked in my head and I just burst out and said, "What if we could have highlights in our hair? Like in the salon there could be an option of highlights, like putting a signle stroke of red hair down your black hair for an example."

THIS MAN IS GENIOUS.

Thanks..? o.o

Sha Sha
Mar 17, 2007, 07:42 PM
i would love to do multipal red streks in my characrers hair

DonRoyale
Mar 17, 2007, 07:51 PM
"We can put highlights in our hair, but can't change our fucking proportions?!"

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 17, 2007, 08:04 PM
Here's a better idea...

Add more hair styles, add all accessories to all hair styles, and add the option of highlights in more that 1 color and pattern.

Highlights as in-

Red streak on the right-back side
and Blue streak in the left-back side, ore in front of hair.

FluxGryphon
Mar 17, 2007, 08:23 PM
It'd also be great for casts to be able to change their face from human to robot or vice-versa. I myself wish I had picked a human face for my online cast, since his cut-ins really suck. XD (He has the huge cannon-like head too, which doesn't help...)

I like Garanz-Baranz's suggestion: having highlights be part of the accessories thing. Actually they should have each style of hair have it's own subset of accessories, so you don't have to lug through all the different hair styles and accessories to find the style of hair you want.

But hey, I'm coming from City of Heroes, the MMO with tons of character customization! XD

Rashiid
Mar 17, 2007, 08:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWqGLVaITsk

*replace beer w/ ur idea!*

KamiSori
Mar 17, 2007, 08:44 PM
agree 100%. we need more options in the head department than anything. we need all current accessories available for all the hair styles. male humanoid characters should be able to grow and shave facial hair hair as preferred and casts should have the option of changing their faces aswell. although i like the idea of highlights i also really want more masks and hats. i would love to see a baseball cap, a beanie, ninja/samurai masks, and other options for wearing bandanas. these ideas shouldnt be that difficult for sega to add. lets hope they do.

Spacepest
Mar 17, 2007, 09:15 PM
To be honest, I wish there were more female faces to chose from in the character creation screen. I know for the males, they can get a choice to look young, old, weathered, with facial hair, without, etc. I was quite disappointed to find the females only get like 4 faces to choose from, and all pretty youngish. I thought it would have been hilarious to make an old lady character to give monsters the beat down in PSU. The best I can do is make a young looking female character with white hair. >_<

Jaysky
Mar 17, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-03-17 18:04, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
Here's a better idea...

Add more hair styles, add all accessories to all hair styles, and add the option of highlights in more that 1 color and pattern.

Highlights as in-

Red streak on the right-back side
and Blue streak in the left-back side, ore in front of hair.

I hope you realize I used the red steak as an example, I also ment you could use other colors for steaks, and of course more than just a line. Sorry for the mix-up. Also it would be awesome if you could customly design the highlights pattern on your hair, like you could use the mouse and steak your hair yourself, but that would be a little to free because then people would probably write names in their hair. xP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaysky on 2007-03-17 19:31 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Mar 17, 2007, 09:23 PM
give silver sunglasses w/ orange non-seethru lenses plz

GreyWolf360
Mar 18, 2007, 12:59 AM
...i want shaved hair (very short)...

TeKneeK
Mar 18, 2007, 01:15 AM

You receive a high-five for this idea. I also wish they would add in some way to change boob size. Like implants or something. I almost considered remaking my force just because I forgot to perk her up when i first made her.

Jaysky
Mar 19, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-03-17 23:15, TeKneeK wrote:

You receive a high-five for this idea. I also wish they would add in some way to change boob size. Like implants or something. I almost considered remaking my force just because I forgot to perk her up when i first made her.

Actually I think that would be a bad idea, don't you think that would attract cyber'ers into PSU? Plus all you'd see around the lobby's is huge breasted woman. Also, what would happen to the female casts.

omegapirate2k
Mar 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
Dude, I just want to have a monacle with my hair style, thats ALL.

TeKneeK
Mar 19, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-03-19 18:30, Jaysky wrote:

Actually I think that would be a bad idea, don't you think that would attract cyber'ers into PSU? Plus all you'd see around the lobby's is huge breasted woman. Also, what would happen to the female casts.

Well, seeing as how you can change the size during character creation, this really wouldn't be something completly different. The term "implants" was more of a joke.....

And do I think being able to change the size of your characters boobs would attract cyber predators? No, I really don't.

Jaysky
Mar 19, 2007, 09:06 PM
On 2007-03-19 18:58, TeKneeK wrote:

On 2007-03-19 18:30, Jaysky wrote:

Well, seeing as how you can change the size during character creation, this really wouldn't be something completly different. The term "implants" was more of a joke.....

And do I think being able to change the size of your characters boobs would attract cyber predators? No, I really don't.

I realize when you said implants it was just a joke but, don't you think it would be rather odd if we could change size, they would have to do more, if they did this then they would also allow us to change body weight. (not really weight but you get it)

TeKneeK
Mar 19, 2007, 09:27 PM
In the end, yes, this would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

I just can't believe I taught megid to a flat bitch.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PsyX
Mar 20, 2007, 10:11 AM
I want more hairstyles...most the current ones are boring xP

Well. I tell a lie. I just want uber spiky hair. That'd be awesome.

More sunglasses/hats would be nice...and maybe not restricting them to certain hairstyles...

MayLee
Mar 20, 2007, 10:13 AM
I want my Pink hair with Red highlights please! And I want to choose the length of my character's hair. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

twysted
Mar 20, 2007, 11:20 AM
i think that would be cool i also think you should be able to change the size of the char like weight ...

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 20, 2007, 11:59 AM
Changing your character's weight makes MUCH more sense than changing their skin color. You can get fat or muscular or lose weight, but you can't go from being totally pale to being black or vice versa.

MayLee
Mar 20, 2007, 12:01 PM
Hrights the same, I messed up my char's height. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jaysky
Mar 24, 2007, 01:44 PM
Eeehh... I don't think changing your characters weight would be all to great of a update. Like I can understand the fact that it would be useful for people who made a mistake on they're characters body size (such as Maylee), but i'm guessing that barely anyone will actually use this. Also, what kind of Salon offered fat injections/lyphosucktion (or however the hell you spell the word).

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2007, 02:24 PM
I say just add all of the character creation options to the salon, with a few updates (like the hair options). Each item would cost a different amount to recreate, as they have now. Why not allow me to make my character fat whenever I want to, or at least be able to change her face?

Kent
Mar 24, 2007, 02:38 PM
I think it's appropriate to have some sort of limitation on the character's appearance change, after it's been created. So it'll really "be" the same character, even after aesthetic changes.

I really think that, in the expansion, they should overhaul how the hair and head accessories of characters are handled.

Things like headbands, hats, and glasses should be separate from hairstyles (and lengths), not included as part of them, and even Sonic Team could handle the programming of that part, easily.

Serephim
Mar 24, 2007, 02:43 PM
im about 99% sure this expansion will have to be bought.

completely seperate disc.

But if a PS2 disc can hold Final Fantasy games, it can hold PSU.

GaNksTa
Mar 24, 2007, 10:31 PM
A Mullet with red, white, and blue streaks, a Mr. T Tri-Hawk, Stunners, uni-brows, Paul Senior mustache, piercings, tatoos.

Jaysky
Mar 24, 2007, 10:47 PM
On 2007-03-24 20:31, GaNksTa wrote:
A Mullet with red, white, and blue streaks, a Mr. T Tri-Hawk, Stunners, uni-brows, Paul Senior mustache, piercings, tatoos.

I see you're obsessively proud of your country. (looks at highlight colours)

LAMB1
Mar 24, 2007, 11:01 PM
im fine with the afros hahaha, but id like to see a gerry curl ar a flattop,or some corn rows yo!!

GaNksTa
Mar 25, 2007, 12:11 AM
LoL, I'm American but not southern. I meant that part as a joke but the other would be cool.

Spacepest
Mar 25, 2007, 01:30 AM
On 2007-03-24 21:01, LAMB1 wrote:
im fine with the afros hahaha, but id like to see a gerry curl ar a flattop,or some corn rows yo!!

Ditto.

And what's up with all the ridculously silly glasses only being paired up with afros? What, a guy with an afro can't be serious?

FUFME
Mar 25, 2007, 06:14 AM
There should be an option for Boob Jobs for females.

I forgot to add em on my Force and it's too late now

Arika
Mar 25, 2007, 06:42 AM
Hehe I wait for SENBA only loveheartline > Robol rappy > next one? let's guess what kind of senba will it be http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
I guess serafi-senba!! for next event