PDA

View Full Version : WT usin a Bow and some Cards

Kimil
Mar 17, 2007, 03:33 PM
Just out of Curiosity, Should WTs bother with these Ranged Weps? I mean, with our crap lvl 10 Ranged PAs...

-I know Bows work on Tengho-type Enemies great, which is why I Maxed my Ice and Light Arrows (to 10 only of course...). Plus the 19% elemental the arrows get is nice compaired to the crap 5% handguns get. BUt, it's useless in all other situations compaired to my daggers...

-Cards... I just started using them. I love em! 17% Elemental, and lvl 2 Shock (good ennough on minor enimies usually). I usually hit for 200-300 damage per fether thing. So... 400-600 damage a swing. BUt... how badly does the lvl 10 range cap hurt the usefullness of my cards?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-03-17 13:34 ]</font>

Weakness
Mar 17, 2007, 03:36 PM
The caps hit very hard for WarTecher.

For cards, you don't get 11+ which means you don't get the additional bullet tacked on. So you are doing 200~300 less damage because you are missing one of the shots.

And for Bows, while you can still use them effectively against larger and flying monsters, you wont have access to level 4 Status Effects... which is pretty much what Rifles and Bows are for.

Tiyr
Mar 17, 2007, 03:36 PM
Depending on your race they may be most useful without bullets at all. A WT's low accuracy get hit pretty hard by the bullet's accuracy reduction, and since you can't get them over ten you won't see much in the way of real damage benefits.

I'd say, keep a couple on hand and use them when necessary, but don't waste the PA slots on bullets. Cards fire two shots at level 1 anyway.

Kent
Mar 17, 2007, 04:21 PM
Yes, you should use ranged weapons, as a Wartecher.

You get access to some very good ones; rank A Longbows and Cards. The elemental bullets don't give that much of a disadvantage, especially when you compare them to the damage bonus you get from using the right one.

No, it won't be nearly as much as someone who is using higher-level bullets for them - but like any class, you'd have to be a complete and total moron to ignore the capability to hit an enemy from afar with something, and your technique selection may or may not cut it.

Itsuki
Mar 17, 2007, 04:54 PM
I agree that you should invest some time into them. Just don't rely on them. You have to remember, a Fortecher deals more damage with Bows and Cards than you ever will.

Kimil
Mar 17, 2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the replies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And yes, I know that they are not something I should try speciallizing in, since I'll never succeed a fT.

Bows are situational only, and Cards are just an offhand wep for my Single Daggers, sabers, claws and wands

... But I do want to take advantage of the high % they have, so should I get more than 2 Elements? I'm playing around with Thunder, Fire and Erther atm, thunder helps loads because it shocks on occation. Should I only use the shock card? or fire too? (eartch seems useless)