PDA

View Full Version : This Is The Don Rambling

DonRoyale
Mar 17, 2007, 06:48 PM
OK, what I don't get is the fact that my family has two open computers-my laptop and the main computer-and EVERYONE wants to go on the main computer.

Apparently, my laptop is 'too slow', so nobody wants on my laptop. However, in my case, I'm the ONLY one who TRULY suffers from inacessibility to it, because my laptop can't run PSU.

Now, firstly, the mere fact that I'm letting them on my laptop is a privelege, not a right. They seem to forget that if I truly wanted, I could kick them off, and they'd have nothing to do during the time in which I have on the main computer.

Secondly, they should be lucky they even HAVE internet access 24/7. I'm only online Thursday-Sunday, and I do my best to make the most of my time. Another thing they don't realize is that what I'm doing (or not doing in my case) is a far greater inconvenience than theirs, because all they do is go on MSN and go "omg ya" and whatnot. I, however, having been in this position multiple times, have been forced to make the most of what little time I have, so I'm on PSU, PSOW, MySpace, MSN, and real life as well. So tell me what the greater inconvenience is, I ask you.

And isn't it funny, too? I have no video games here, and going outside is out of the question, so the Internet is really the only thing I have in terms of what takes up my time. Meanwhile, they have whatever keeps them occupied for themselves.

So, the point of my rant is, think not about how slow this laptop is (I've never really had a problem with it myself, so I don't see why they're whining), but what it is you're doing. I'm always doing something on the Net at all times, and you're just going "OMG" with your friends. Yeah, I see the importance in that.

*sigh* I guess my friends will have to wait another hour for progress into getting me to level 40 so we can start farming Halarods. Oh well, I guess that's not as important to us than your "OMG LOL"'s. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Jaysky
Mar 17, 2007, 07:15 PM
OMG ya, but you seriously offer your laptop for them to go on? Did you at least think they choose the main computer over your laptop due to the surrounding they're at rather than it being slow? When I say this I mean, wouldn't they rather be sitting on a nice and huge comphy chair than on a wodden chair in your kitchen upstairs? (either that or on the bed but that's pretty uncomfterable to) This is just my thoughts here, but I don't know how annoying it is over there now.

McLaughlin
Mar 17, 2007, 08:59 PM
If you get a Halarod to drop, snap a picture of the red text scrolling up the screen and post it.

DonRoyale
Mar 17, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-03-17 18:59, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
If you get a Halarod to drop, snap a picture of the red text scrolling up the screen and post it.

No kidding. >.>

I swear, everyone and their mom has one these days. >.>

Obscenity
Mar 18, 2007, 05:49 AM
Well, if they think your laptop is slow, then they probably don't consider using it as much of a privilege. Also, you never said who the other computer belongs to, but it's obviously not yours, so you using it is also a privilege and not a right.

Edit: Additionally, I'm also assuming that the family you're speaking of includes your parents, who pay for the home you live in, the electricity both computers require to run, and probably the internet access also. Your ability to play PSU isn't any more important to them than their ability to go on MSN and say "omg ya" is to you. There are two sides to every story, and you only seem to be considering your own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2007-03-18 03:53 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Mar 18, 2007, 10:03 AM
My parents have their own computer which they use for business. They don't use the main computer.

Tengoku
Mar 18, 2007, 04:27 PM
It's called "sharing", something most people learned before kindergarden. I'm sure your parents could explain this to you. It's an interesting concept, you should explore it before whining to the rest of us. Some of us are actually adults and have to balance "real life" with PSU, amongst other things, so your whining is is both childish and tiring at the same time. No game? Wah. Life is hard, I recommend buying a helmet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Either that, or get a handle on your need to play PSU, you frikkin' addict. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif