PDA

View Full Version : Psu keeps freezing

RisingTide
Mar 18, 2007, 10:09 AM
Well I bought psu about 2 days ago. (xbox 360) Everything works fine but whenever I try to do a mission such as Ep.2 The Mask Act 1, it freezes. It doesn't freeze offline and only during gameplay or cutscenes online.

B0Bomb
Mar 19, 2007, 11:44 AM
Ive run into the same problem a couple of times, but only after Ive ran the game for a little while. I have one of those intercooler fan attachments and it does it's job keeping my console cool, but there is still the moments when it locks. I noticed that the disc stops spinning before it locks out so it might just be a hiccup in the reading of the info online with the disk. Although it has yet to affect anything ingame, it does get annoying.

Raysa
Mar 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
It happened to me also. I'm on PS2. I am a firm believer Sega distrubuted a bunch of faulty discs. What I did was, I went to blockbuster and rented PSU. Switched my brand new faulty disc with the blockbuster one. Ta-da!

Akaimizu
Mar 19, 2007, 11:56 AM
Very true. Some batch or two of PSU discs have trouble reading certain portions of the game. You know it's either a disc or a bug in Sega's coding if the same exact part is where it keeps freezing on. However, if other people are getting past it, it's generally a disc issue.

A real Sega bug is the one that causes a freeze when looking at the list for Rooms You've recently visited if you haven't gone to someone else's room yet since you went online, this session. I wonder when Sega will fix that, since it could also be fixed on their side. They also had an online bug, during the first beta, that caused freezes during a certain part of the tutorial.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-19 09:57 ]</font>

MayLee
Mar 19, 2007, 12:00 PM
On 2007-03-19 09:51, Raysa wrote:
It happened to me also. I'm on PS2. I am a firm believer Sega distrubuted a bunch of faulty discs. What I did was, I went to blockbuster and rented PSU. Switched my brand new faulty disc with the blockbuster one. Ta-da!

LAWL, That's messed up. Haha.

omegapirate2k
Mar 19, 2007, 12:02 PM
I remember somebody suggested one of my friends do that to fix her disks, she never did it though...