PDA

View Full Version : Who else misses Chainsaw'd?

Flwl3ssCowboy
Mar 18, 2007, 02:09 PM
I know I do, ST shoulda added chainsaw type weapons, which act almost like normal swords until they hit an enemy, where on impact the saw does multiple hits as it passes thru the monster (lower ATP of course to confiscate for the multiple hits on one enemy). It would kinda be like the mechgun equivalent of the sword

edit: of course, they probably wont even add it to the expansion :P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-03-18 12:10 ]</font>

Saphion
Mar 18, 2007, 02:16 PM
I do, but then I miss everything about PSO.

I am a broken man.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 18, 2007, 02:22 PM
I'd like it as an Axe... >>;

More realistic chaisaw really, I mean, who swings Chainsaws like longswords? Chainsaws are usually swung at a horizontal, slow hit, then a vertical.[from what I've seen... or really, want...]

Though it'd need a 2nd target hit to be fun, like a Crea weapon!, I say it needs the ATP of Ank Tomho if it is a 2 hit weapon, if not Tomho, then a Caliburn's ATP.

Jaysky
Mar 18, 2007, 02:24 PM
*revs up old PSO Chainsawd sound effect* Listen to that baby purr.. And yeah, if the chainsawd were to be brought back it should be made into an axe if anything.

dudeanonymous
Mar 18, 2007, 02:33 PM
I miss all the pso rares that I had...

Saphion
Mar 18, 2007, 02:36 PM
SEGA should set up a support group for us neglected PSO fans.

I daresay the Chainsawd will find it's way into PSU eventually, and the sequel/expansion/whatever the heck it is seems like a good cover.

I mean, I don't see why not.

Angelo
Mar 18, 2007, 02:45 PM
I was going to say "Chainsawd had the most awesome swing sound effect".

But then I remembered this little gem called "Crazy Tune". :]

Saphion
Mar 18, 2007, 03:24 PM
Awww man, I got one of those from the offline challenge mode. Took three months.

"Frrreeeeeeowww!"

Fantastic stuff.

Weakness
Mar 18, 2007, 03:27 PM
PSU just needs more comic weapons...

Sure they have Real Handguns, and the Vahra Claw... but those are flat out annoying, and look retarded to boot. "Watch me make the most annoying noise in the world with my Micky Mouse hands!"

...though the "pwop" noise the fans make is still pretty funny.

VanHalen
Mar 18, 2007, 03:31 PM
Didn't all these cool weapons come out when they made version 2? Shouldn't we wait for PSU's version 2 do see what cool weapons might be there?

Saphion
Mar 18, 2007, 03:56 PM
That's the trouble with me. PSO was such a good game, my expectations of PSU were through the roof.

Through.

The.

Roof.

So when I played it, it was a gigantic disappointment.

And now the exact same thing is happening to the expansion/sequel/whatever.
More unique weaponry, thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saphion on 2007-03-18 13:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saphion on 2007-03-18 13:57 ]</font>

DavidNel
Mar 18, 2007, 04:11 PM
Black king bar. I... miss... youuuuuu! That and Lavis Cannon. Who doesn't like hitting enemies from halfway across the room and then swing at it? It was the closest thing we had to dual-weilding back in the old days.

Saphion
Mar 18, 2007, 04:24 PM
Not to mention Holy Ray! The Yasminkovs! Spread Needle! Ruby Bullet! Meteor Cudgel! Demolition Comet! Elysion! Oh, the memories...

mariwan
Mar 18, 2007, 04:46 PM
I never got a chance to even use Chainsaw'd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saphion
Mar 18, 2007, 05:18 PM
I have some fond memories of a Ruby Bullet I found once.

Man, me and that Ruby Bullet were like that.
Nothing could come between us.

Good times.

But then I found a 40% Dark Holy Ray.

Breaking up with that Ruby Bullet was one of the hardest things I ever did. But I'll always have the memories.

*sniff*

A2K
Mar 18, 2007, 05:32 PM
I sure as hell don't. I forget whether it was Ver. 2 or Episode I & II, but I had a SKYLY character. I couldn't walk two feet without six or seven of them dropping.

Retehi
Mar 18, 2007, 05:41 PM
Don't worry, you'll get all your PSO crap with the new expansion.

Sekani
Mar 18, 2007, 05:42 PM
Gears of War has all the Chainsawd I need.

Besides, I'd rather see new silly weapons in PSU than old ones rehashed. Harisen Fans and the Flourescent Bulb were a good start.

RadiantLegend
Mar 18, 2007, 05:42 PM
Only skyly will feel that pain. Just like greennil and cross scars

Saphion
Mar 18, 2007, 06:43 PM
On 2007-03-18 15:41, Retehi wrote:
Don't worry, you'll get all your PSO crap with the new expansion.

Hurrah for PSO crap!

mananas
Mar 18, 2007, 06:51 PM
I prefer having the chance to find a plethora of PSO crap over not being able to find a handful of PSU crap, only one of which items I can use.

Retehi
Mar 18, 2007, 06:56 PM
Then play PSO.

Saphion
Mar 18, 2007, 06:57 PM
Now now, there's no need for that.

Saphion
Mar 18, 2007, 06:58 PM
No need for being rude I mean, not playing PSO.

Heh.

Saphion
Mar 18, 2007, 07:08 PM
That's even if you are being rude, mind. I can't even tell anymore. Apologies if you're not.

Good god I need sleep.

McLaughlin
Mar 18, 2007, 07:12 PM
On 2007-03-18 15:42, Ragolismine wrote:
Only skyly will feel that pain. Just like greennil and cross scars

You mean like Bluefull and existence? Gave up on that RAcast at 147. Couldn't bring myself to delete him though.

Or Gae Bolgs in general?

Flwl3ssCowboy
Mar 18, 2007, 08:28 PM
<hat3 Gaebolgs tyvm

I'm liking those "rehash" Chainsaw'd ideas at the beginning of the thread

Miyoko
Mar 18, 2007, 08:51 PM
If I managed to get another 'Sawd, I think I'd joygasm.

McLaughlin
Mar 18, 2007, 10:30 PM
I have 50 of them (being a Lv 200 Skyly HUmar can do that >_>). I'll give you one if you play on the *ahem*free server*ahem*. Assuming I can get back on it...

Weeaboolits
Mar 19, 2007, 12:07 AM
you know what weap I don't miss? The Club of Laconium.

omegapirate2k
Mar 19, 2007, 12:15 AM
They totally should, then I could live out all my texas chainsaw massacre fantasies.

pikachief
Mar 19, 2007, 12:20 AM
On 2007-03-18 13:24, Saphion wrote:
Awww man, I got one of those from the offline challenge mode. Took three months.

"Frrreeeeeeowww!"

Fantastic stuff.

OH! u can get it offline? how?

Phantomface
Mar 19, 2007, 12:26 AM
does anyone else here miss the partisan of lightning? or maybe PARTISANS IN GENERAL??? i'm sorry but spears do not satisfy me

Weeaboolits
Mar 19, 2007, 12:57 AM
On 2007-03-18 22:26, Phantomface wrote:
does anyone else here miss the partisan of lightning? or maybe PARTISANS IN GENERAL??? i'm sorry but spears do not satisfy me

I agree, although I never got my hands on a rare one, I was rather fond of them.

Saphion
Mar 19, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-03-18 22:20, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-03-18 13:24, Saphion wrote:

"Frrreeeeeeowww!"

Fantastic stuff.

OH! u can get it offline? how?

Offline Multi-mode set to Challenge Mode. You have to clear the whole mode and get above a certain time. I did it with only myself and a friend, which is why it took so long!

Serephim
Mar 19, 2007, 12:39 PM
The reason PSO's weapons were cool is becuase it seems like 70% of them were made by Sonic Team playing with the game engine to see how many retarded things they could make.

A Book, a Frying Pan, Maracas, a sword that shoots enegryballs, a flamethrower, a icethrower...

Ahh, PSO.

The expansion is looking great, but unless they add at LEAST 50 new S rank weapons, its still gonna flop.

We dont really need S ranks, just weapons that look different/dont all have Photon on them/ are generic. I wanna use a REAL katana, or a real sword like the Last Survivor, or a extending doublesaber.

The main reason PSO was fun was because you always had the chance to find a new rare weapon to set you apart from everyone else.

Also, im sorry, but the technics also need redoing. All the spells in PSU at lvl 30 phail completely to the sheer enegry you felt with lvl 30 techniques in PSO.

I saw Foie and Rafoie on Youtube at lvl 30 on PSU, and i was dissapointed. Foie 30 PSU is a big fireball, but Foie 30 on PSO was a frigging atomic cannon.

Rafoie 30 on PSU is a pretty cool explosion, but it lacks the magic feel of Rafoie 30 on PSO with the rotating fireballs, shockwave, and retarded range.

Zonde spells in PSO at lvl 30 were kinda a letdown, but thats okay, because PSU fixed them. Although, Zonde 30 in PSO looked overdone to the point of badass, and PSU's is a bit too realistic.

Ice spells on PSU were..dissapointing. Barta looks ugly, Damubarta (Gibarta PSO) looks nowhere close to as cool as it did on pso at lvl 30, and rabarta is STILL ugly at lvl 30.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-03-19 10:47 ]</font>

A2K
Mar 19, 2007, 12:50 PM
On 2007-03-19 10:39, Serephim wrote:
The reason PSO's weapons were cool is becuase it seems like 70% of them were made by Sonic Team playing with the game engine to see how many retarded things they could make.

A Book, a Frying Pan, Maracas, a sword that shoots enegryballs, a flamethrower, a icethrower...

Ahh, PSO.

The expansion is looking great, but unless they add at LEAST 50 new S rank weapons, its still gonna flop.

We dont really need S ranks, just weapons that look different/dont all have Photon on them/ are generic. I wanna use a REAL katana, or a real sword like the Last Survivor, or a extending doublesaber.

The main reason PSO was fun was because you always had the chance to find a new rare weapon to set you apart from everyone else

PSO was actually quite similar to PSU in this regard, difference being, basic equipment in PSO (which are equivalent to C and B ranks in PSU) was utterly useless. The moment you got your hands on something better--which could be rather quickly thanks to twinking--all (well, almost all... Charge Vulcans, anyone?) of those "standard issue" weapons were dead and buried, sold and forgotten. PSU, curiously enough, makes those weapons useful longer.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 19, 2007, 01:01 PM
to whomever said bring spead needle back...HELL NO. That weapon was so broken
*hugs spread needle tightly*

Some guy I used to do EP2 missions with had a 20 hit spread needle as a RAmar. The special never missed, it was horrifying.

With regard to PSU, I do miss how some weapons had creat special effects. The 3* yohemi weapons have captured some of that feel (dagger causes sleep, lance causes silence), but what I would not give for a melee weapon that would give level 2 status effect.

Akaimizu
Mar 19, 2007, 01:32 PM
Spread needle was so broken, you sometimes saw it firing aboard Pioneer 2, all the while it is really being shot from one of the locations on Ragol.

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 02:32 PM
On 2007-03-18 22:26, Phantomface wrote:

Berdysh was awesome. So was the Tsukimuri (90% sure that's the wrong spelling) J Sword.

I spent 7 months hunting for the damn thing, and another 3 unsealing it. WHY THE HELL CAN'T I BRING IT TO PSO.

Those two are the ONLY things I miss from PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-19 12:47 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 19, 2007, 02:42 PM
What I miss are my Blade Dance, my Yamato, my Guilty Light, and my H&S 25 Justice...

-Rune-
Mar 19, 2007, 02:43 PM
i miss my Imperial pick, and yes a partisan combo was very satisfying back in the day, but it's an old fighting style, so I must move on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

mananas
Mar 19, 2007, 06:22 PM
On 2007-03-18 16:56, Retehi wrote:
Then play PSO.

Actually I've taken a break from PSU and most unfortunately PSO DC isn't online anymore, and I'll never touch offline again.

pso123hrf
Mar 19, 2007, 07:28 PM
All I had were thoes easy wands that were available on offline mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif