PDA

View Full Version : Special abilities

Weeaboolits
Mar 19, 2007, 03:26 PM
I miss the special abilities of PSO, they were unique and fun, sure the new bullets and such are nice and all, but I miss abilities like hell, and burning.
maybe they could introduce abilities like that by means of new bullets or PAs, alos I'd like to see some unique static PAs like that of the Tsumikiri J-Sword, or Musashi, the old Charge ability would be a welcome return as well as a nice way to rid the economy of haxeta.

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 03:45 PM
PSO Ep. V PSU: Ambition of the Illuminus will be bringing all the old PSO crap. Keep your pants on.

And Charge'd be useless once all the money's gone. The TJ Sword's special wouldn't even have a way to work in PSU, because MAGs no longer follow you, so there's no Photon to fuel the blast. Making it use PP would be broken as well because it'd either cost too much to be a valid option for a PA (especially with Sword PP, which is lacking), or it'd cost too little and totally wreck Gameplay. I love my TJ Sword to death, but we need new stuff, not the same shit in a new (sometimes not even) skin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-19 13:47 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Mar 19, 2007, 03:45 PM
Wait for the expansion. They haven't announced everything for it yet, and it's heavy on the old school PSO theme.

VanHalen
Mar 19, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-03-19 13:45, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
PSO Ep. V PSU: Ambition of the Illuminus will be bringing all the old PSO crap. Keep your pants on.

And Charge'd be useless once all the money's gone. The TJ Sword's special wouldn't even have a way to work in PSU, because MAGs no longer follow you, so there's no Photon to fuel the blast. Making it use PP would be broken as well because it'd either cost too much to be a valid option for a PA (especially with Sword PP, which is lacking), or it'd cost too little and totally wreck Gameplay. I love my TJ Sword to death, but we need new stuff, not the same shit in a new (sometimes not even) skin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-19 13:47 ]</font>

New stuff is in order here but the TJ sword could work with the extra gauge. The only problem with the extra gauge charge would be for beast and cast though.

Pengfishh
Mar 19, 2007, 04:04 PM
The special abilities are still there. They're latent now, and mean more. With this latest inclusion of Ultimate PAs, we actually have MORE abilities to use.

PSO is garbage, I'm saying it now. Everything in it helped build what PSU is, and PSU is everything better.

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-03-19 13:50, VanHalen wrote:
New stuff is in order here but the TJ sword could work with the extra gauge. The only problem with the extra gauge charge would be for beast and cast though.

In other words, it wouldn't work. You can't make a PA race exclusive, and to make either a PA or a Sword exclusive to Newmans and Humans would be stupid, as Casts and Beasts would be the majority of people wanting the weapon/PA.

Garnet_Moon
Mar 19, 2007, 04:07 PM
On 2007-03-19 14:04, Pengfishh wrote:
The special abilities are still there. They're latent now, and mean more. With this latest inclusion of Ultimate PAs, we actually have MORE abilities to use.

PSO is garbage, I'm saying it now. Everything in it helped build what PSU is, and PSU is everything better.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

VanHalen
Mar 19, 2007, 04:14 PM
On 2007-03-19 14:05, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

In other words, it wouldn't work. You can't make a PA race exclusive, and to make either a PA or a Sword exclusive to Newmans and Humans would be stupid, as Casts and Beasts would be the majority of people wanting the weapon/PA.

If they can make a SUV and a Nanoblast exclusive they can make that exclusive too. They can have something for not jumping on the SUV/Nanoblast bandwagon. Plus anyway as a Newman fortefighter I would want that sword.

Weeaboolits
Mar 19, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-03-19 14:14, VanHalen wrote:

If they can make a SUV and a Nanoblast exclusive they can make that exclusive too. They can have something for not jumping on the SUV/Nanoblast bandwagon. Plus anyway as a Newman fortefighter I would want that sword.

They could base the damage on TP, that'd be cool.
also, unless they changed this for network mode, all races have a charge gauge, just humans and newmans don' have a use for it at present.

Umberger
Mar 19, 2007, 04:28 PM
I would never ever ever use charge...meseta is much harder to come by on PSU than it was on PSO. There wasn't much to spend meseta on in PSO (whereas now we have player shops, reasons to buy Scape Dolls, etc)...usually you could max out your bank in a day or even less.

omegapirate2k
Mar 19, 2007, 04:31 PM
How about a PJ Sword?

Sylpheed
Mar 19, 2007, 04:51 PM
DARK FLOW's speical = OWNAGE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 10:23 PM

Yeah, make a weapon/PA that less than 10% of the melee population would utilize. Good plan. We're back to the "You got a thingy...I WANT A THINGY!!" The bar is there because Sega was too lazy to take it out. Plain and simple.

Basing it off TP would make it useless to the 90% of the population left out by Vanhalen's plan because Casts and Beasts have the lowest TP, and being a melee class wouldn't help the stat at all. Making it not worth while.

Again, I'll say it. It will not work.

Gryffin
Mar 19, 2007, 10:32 PM
Universal PA's?

Like Burning can be equipped to a Saber, and a handgun...

Yummmmyyy...

I call Laser Cannon/Heavens Punishment thingy..

Mmmm.. Think bout that. Stead of having to learn all of'em you could learn elements..

Saber with Gravity Strike and Burning? I BURN GRAVITY?!

PJ
Mar 19, 2007, 10:34 PM
On 2007-03-19 14:31, omegapirate2k wrote:
How about a PJ Sword?

A PJ Sword would be ownage.

Probably just have a flame element on it though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

XD

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 10:35 PM
Gryffin, you might want to resize that sig. It's too tall and three times larger than the size limit (35kb).

Gryffin
Mar 19, 2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I noticed. Im working on it XD.

Edit: I am the master of oversized sigs XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gryffin on 2007-03-19 20:43 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 20, 2007, 07:03 AM

That would SO be awesome. Beasts and CASTs are already spoiled with their own abilities, and why shouldn't beasts or casts use it anyway? All they have to do is choose between SUV/Nano and sword ability, simple as that. If any weapon should be Beast or CAST only, maybe it should be Force stuff, or Ranger stuff for the Beasts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-03-20 05:17 ]</font>

MayLee
Mar 20, 2007, 07:10 AM
On 2007-03-19 14:31, omegapirate2k wrote:
How about a PJ Sword?

how about a JJ sword?

omegapirate2k
Mar 20, 2007, 07:11 AM
Even better, an OJ Sword???

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 20, 2007, 07:13 AM
On 2007-03-19 20:23, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Yeah, make a weapon/PA that less than 10% of the melee population would utilize. Good plan. We're back to the "You got a thingy...I WANT A THINGY!!" The bar is there because Sega was too lazy to take it out. Plain and simple.

Basing it off TP would make it useless to the 90% of the population left out by Vanhalen's plan because Casts and Beasts have the lowest TP, and being a melee class wouldn't help the stat at all. Making it not worth while.

far more than just 10% of the melee population plays as beast and or casts to start with. second if they can exclude beast from using creas they can exclude humans and newmans from a pa. and third sega obivously would exclude two races in faavor of the other two becasue beast have nanoblast and cast have SUV and poor little humans have nothing.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 20, 2007, 07:30 AM
There are more Human fFs than CAST fFs from what I've seen, although most of both races go Fighgunner. And if they do give a super awesome melee ability to Newmans and Humans, I wouldn't be sympathetic to the Beasts and CASTs who start crying about it. I mean, you get better stats AND a special ability? How much more could Sega spoil you?

MayLee
Mar 20, 2007, 07:54 AM
On 2007-03-20 05:11, omegapirate2k wrote:

I don't know whether it should be OJ as in. O.J Simpson sword or Orange Juce sword..o.O

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 20, 2007, 07:58 AM
Maybe if its an OJ sword, it'll turn monsters into orange juice if you hit them with it, just like in that End of Evangelion movie when people were just turning into orange juice.

VanHalen
Mar 20, 2007, 03:19 PM
On 2007-03-20 05:13, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:

On 2007-03-19 20:23, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

far more than just 10% of the melee population plays as beast and or casts to start with. second if they can exclude beast from using creas they can exclude humans and newmans from a pa. and third sega obivously would exclude two races in faavor of the other two becasue beast have nanoblast and cast have SUV and poor little humans have nothing.

Then in a way it should be a human only sword or at least their should be.

Beast start out with fist(I could be wrong since I don't have one but I see alot of low level beast with them) and they have a beast only fist weapon.

Cast start out with a rifle and they have a rifle that's Cast only.

Newmans start out with a tech weapon and they have a Newman only rod.

Humans start out with Swords so shouldn't they have a S-rank sword?

Anyway no it's not a "I want a thingy too" I don't really give a damn about Beast having a nanoblast cause they get beat up with it everytime and Cast having an SUV cause unless they use that rocket launcher one they miss most of the time anyway.

Akaimizu
Mar 20, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-03-20 05:11, omegapirate2k wrote:

I actually like the JJ Sword. It would be double-edged, though as it has a chance to blow up in your face.

Why???

Because the JJ Sword is <clap> Dy-no-mite!!!!!

VanHalen
Mar 20, 2007, 03:29 PM
The OJ sword can help you find the real killer though.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
You know, I thikn you're right man. Humans should get a zambatou(the least umbrella like term I can think of for the big swords) that only they can use, I mean heck, they're GRM(until the expansion which will see the intro of Moatoob and Neudaiz A rank swords).

Akaimizu
Mar 20, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-03-20 13:29, VanHalen wrote:
The OJ sword can help you find the real killer though.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But why would I need a sword to tell me that?

Tynselle holds up a pointed finger. "My finger can pick out who's a real killer."
The pointed finger turns around and points back at her, as if possessed.

"Oh my gawd! I didn't see THAT coming!!"

Serephim
Mar 20, 2007, 08:06 PM
I think an awesome replacement for specials would be an ability to alter your Photon Arts.

Like, for instance. Take the single saber Crimson (the red sword thats on fire.)

Say, instead of just looking cool, when you used a photon art, instead of the normal colorful bloom lighitng coming out, they could:

1) Color the light red, so it would look like hes using fire

2) replace the colors with fire, and if you happen to have the skill past lvl 11/21, it shoots a lvl 5 foie ball or something. Being in close range could have a chance of inflicting Burn.

Or maybe an Ice Sword. When you use Tornado Break (the spinny photon art), it actully causes ice to appear on the ground, and has a chance of freezing. (kind of like it casts Gibarta when you use it, but no where as powerful.)