PDA

View Full Version : PC version question...

Shoutout33
Mar 19, 2007, 05:28 PM
Plan to get the PC version of the game and wanted to know, can you talk in the game, like the 360 ver.? The last PSO game me and my wife played was the Gamecube ver. So have an idea of our experience. I would put this on our laptop and I have what I need, to run the game effeciantly. Typing is ok, but we have a headset, so it'd be really cool to talk and play. Also, would you be able to use a gamepad through the PC, to play the games? Thanks.

Genji
Mar 19, 2007, 05:34 PM
The PC version doesn't support voice chat, but you can use a separate program for that (like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak).

Gamepads are supported and fully customizable.

Garnet_Moon
Mar 19, 2007, 05:35 PM
Talk in game? No.
---You can use an outside application like Ventrillo or Team Speak though. PSU PC/PS2 does not support voice chat.

Gamepad? Yes.
---I use an Xbox 360 controller, so you should be fine with a gamepad.

Shoutout33
Mar 20, 2007, 02:55 PM
Hey. Thanks for the quick replies. How do you use an Xbox controller on the PC!?!?! That would be perfect for me, especially her.

Also, are their people who use Ventrillo and Team Speak while playing PSU? To me, there's no reason to get the software, if there aren't a lot of people using it.

One last thing, as far as paying for the game service, how much is it and if I'm using the PC ver., isn't it on the PS2 servers and wouldn't I be able to play for free? Just a thought...

Thanks again for the help.

RedX
Mar 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
You can use a Xbox controller if you buy an adapter for it. I'm not sure where you get one but other people will post links I'm sure. As for if people use the Ventrillo server I'm not sure as i don't myself. Also, its 10$(USD) a mouth on, PC/PS2/360 (not sure bout 360 but i assume its the same).

Sychosis
Mar 20, 2007, 03:28 PM
Wired 360 controllers have USB connectors and require no adapter. And the 360 version is indeed $10 a month.

RubyEclipse
Mar 20, 2007, 03:41 PM
If you're looking for a group that uses teamspeak or ventrilo, your best bet is to probably seek out a group that offers it. Both the player matchup forums here and the Guild forum on the official PSU forums would probably be great places to look.

Even if the guild thing isn't your particular piece of lapucha pie, you can probably still find a few others who use it for fun as well.

Kaydin
Mar 20, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-03-20 12:55, Shoutout33 wrote:
Also, are their people who use Ventrillo and Team Speak while playing PSU? To me, there's no reason to get the software, if there aren't a lot of people using it.

PSOW has its own Vent server: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=122259&forum=20&62

There's a decent number of people who use it. And by "decent" I mean maybe 20 or so at peak hours. If you mainly want to talk to your wife and/or the people you regularly play with, get them to download it and you'll be able to talk while playing.

Shoutout33
Mar 20, 2007, 04:46 PM
So basically, the main form of communication, is still typing...damn. Ok, well, thanks for explaining the Xbox controller deal, don't know what I was thinking: Xbox controller...Windows OS...duh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anywho, I really appreciate the all of the replies and if I wanted to do Ventrillo, it doesn't cost me anything...if I read it correctly. Are there any wireless gamepads, that you all would recommend for the PC then? The Mrs. is getting tired of cords. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Again, thanks for the replies.

Candor
Mar 20, 2007, 04:52 PM
If you only care about talking to people you know i would also recommend Skype (http://skype.com/), it's free and has really good quality.

I also saw a link somewhere on here for a wireless logitech controller.

Kaydin
Mar 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 is what I use. Works great. PSU doesn't have much of a rumble though, mainly when you get hit so hard it knocks you back. The controller is designed exactly like the PS2 controller.

Here's the link (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2225,CONTENTID=9069)

Genji
Mar 20, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-03-20 14:46, Shoutout33 wrote:
Anywho, I really appreciate the all of the replies and if I wanted to do Ventrillo, it doesn't cost me anything...if I read it correctly.

If I remember correctly, the free version supports up to only 8 people. If it's just for you and your wife, then the free version is perfect.

Are there any wireless gamepads, that you all would recommend for the PC then? The Mrs. is getting tired of cords.

While I don't own a wireless controller of any kind (or a 360), I'd probably recommend the wireless 360 controller.

Candor
Mar 20, 2007, 05:03 PM
here's my experience with the X360 controller. The default drivers are horrible, do not play with them. Get the XBCD drivers, much better controll and you can configure the triggers. Only downside of the XBCD drivers is that they don't work with a 64 bit OS http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (last time i checked, a new version might have come out), but if that's not a problem for you then get a wired X360 controller, or the wireless logitech one if wireless is more important.

foamcup
Mar 20, 2007, 06:08 PM
Does the XBCD driver work with the wireless 360 controller? I'm gonna be getting one here shortly since I noticed my local game store has the receivers in stock.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: foamcup on 2007-03-20 16:08 ]</font>

Tengoku
Mar 20, 2007, 06:08 PM
You could always sit in the same room and play. I think that would solve your communication issues nicely.

Then again, I'm a bit too practical sometimes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Candor
Mar 20, 2007, 06:26 PM
i don't think the wireless 360 controllers work period

McLaughlin
Mar 20, 2007, 06:54 PM
If there's a way to hook 'em up to a PC then I don't see why they wouldn't (unless XBCD doesn't support the Wireless one yet). But I do know that just using a Play 'n Charge cord won't work.

Schubalts
Mar 20, 2007, 07:09 PM
The default 360 drivers work just fine. Dunno what anybody would need the R/L trigger/button(forgot which ones), got everything mapped except for the F# menus.

Candor
Mar 20, 2007, 07:20 PM
when i used the default drivers it was like the controller had a mind of it's own, absolutely no deadzone caused my characters to just constantly run in some random direction.

Shoutout33
Mar 21, 2007, 05:04 PM
Had an idea about my earlier question. Does anyone use a Bluetooth head set when playing online? I saw a Logitech Blue tooth headset that I will be getting, being used on a laptop. What me and the Mrs. will be playing PSU on. Does anyone do this with success? Use blu tooth cell phone headsets with their PC's, while playing? Thanks again.

Shoutout33
Mar 22, 2007, 01:49 PM
On 2007-03-21 15:04, Shoutout33 wrote:
Had an idea about my earlier question. Does anyone use a Bluetooth head set when playing online? I saw a Logitech Blue tooth headset that I will be getting, being used on a laptop. What me and the Mrs. will be playing PSU on. Does anyone do this with success? Use blu tooth cell phone headsets with their PC's, while playing? Thanks again.

If I could please get a reply to the above question, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Shoutout33
Mar 22, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-03-22 11:49, Shoutout33 wrote:

On 2007-03-21 15:04, Shoutout33 wrote:

If I could please get a reply to the above question, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Nevermind. I just found out that it can be done, the whole blutooth wireless headset thing. When we get the game and a controller, we'll test it out...wait, I should be able to test it out, when I get a USB blutooth adapter right? Either way, I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks again for all the help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif