PDA

View Full Version : New units at local NPC soon >.>"

Nanoframe
Mar 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
Who knows what units will be and will not be available at NPC on future updates?

It would suck to spend tons of time hunting down units and then have them available at NPC shops later

Did the Japanese get any new units at NPC?

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 07:07 PM
im sure B rank units will be later.

the only B units that we cant buy are force ones (which i find totally unfair)

Sychosis
Mar 19, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-03-19 17:07, Rashiid wrote:

Their star rarity is not indicative of two things:

1) Actual rarity
2) Power

For their star rarity they are pretty overpowered.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-03-19 17:18 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 19, 2007, 07:10 PM

And I find it totally unfair how broken Fortechers are.

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 07:12 PM
On 2007-03-19 17:10, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

And I find it totally unfair how broken Fortechers are.

awww, jelly that we do more damage then you? http://www.thefollow.net/forum/images/smiles/044.gif

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 07:15 PM

I'm 80% positive the Tero/Guard is a B rank slot, and we can't buy that.

I agree with Fuzzy. And not because I'm...jelly?

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 07:21 PM
1 Body missing
1 Arm missing
5 head missing?

yeah, unfair.

Umberger
Mar 19, 2007, 07:22 PM

If we could buy Me/Quicks, there would be about 100 rant threads.

Nanoframe
Mar 19, 2007, 07:46 PM
[/quote]

If we could buy Me/Quicks, there would be about 100 rant threads.

[/quote]
Im not talking about right now, would things like
me/quick be avalable at NPC in the future updates?

well the current NPC units dont drop in quests so maybe there will not be any onther units later at NPC

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 07:47 PM
not really. why would we rant from sumthing that we slave off of mission after mission trying to get.

what about Gi / Magics? yall can get Mega / Knights and Mega / Walls, why cant we get our 2x stat booster?

or Te / Mind S? hunters can hav sumthing that sacrifices 1 stat for tha boost of another, why cant we forces?

its just so unfair....

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 07:52 PM
Because your stat units add a significant boost, whereas Hunters need Mega / Wall to survive.

Fortetechers wouldn't complain, everyone else would. Your class is already broken. No need to send the pieces flying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-19 17:54 ]</font>

Umberger
Mar 19, 2007, 07:52 PM
On 2007-03-19 17:47, Rashiid wrote:
not really. why would we rant from sumthing that we slave off of mission after mission trying to get.

Well, I mean the people who spent 1 million+. It wouldn't be so fun for them to learn that you could NPC them for 5,000 meseta or something. I do agree about the stat boosters though...C rank units hardly make a difference. =|

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 07:56 PM
yeah were sooo broken we get 1-hit killed from physical attacks (which is 90% of the game) and lack power to use melee weapons. we are too powerful.

since when did majic hav a power limit in ANY game....

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 08:06 PM
You get OHKO'd yeah, but that poses no real threat when everything is either dead or 50 yards away from you being held off by Hunters.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 19, 2007, 08:10 PM
um. you should be 1HKO'd, except by bosses - and even then... Deband, jellen, elemental force armor, body slot (which most force armor comes with).

Umberger
Mar 19, 2007, 08:11 PM
Why are you complaining about a class being broken? I wasn't aware we were in some sort of competition...if anything, it's good that we're broken because we can help the team out. =

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 08:12 PM
incase u didnt kno, when i hit sumting w/ a Ra- or Nos- spell, an enemy will run past hunters and come and attack me.

yes we do ALLOT of damage, but we spend allot more money then any hunter ever will (Scape dolls, recharging, weapons that were usually stuck buying from NPCs, and units, since we cant buy them, we must pay 1mil+ for them)

it aint easy bein a force.....

PJ
Mar 19, 2007, 08:15 PM
I was under the impression no class on PSU was broken.

Except Wartecher for sucking.

Umberger
Mar 19, 2007, 08:15 PM
Rashiid, it's not easy being any class. Hunters have to spend loads of money buying elemental weapons which they can't buy from NPCs...that means facing the markup of random player shops for just one weapon. Force weapons are just...Mayrod - 140,000...ok, I'm set until level 80.

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 08:19 PM
thats b/c hunters are greedy.

they want higher %. thats just a lust. not nessecary at all.

Howrods - 325k? ppl are crazy.....

but Katsuno-zashi's (9*s) = 200k?

it just ticks me off when ppl complain about forces 24/7, then wonder why we dont heal/buff them. theyre hypocrites.

"zomg forces are n00bs who sit theyre and cast and are broken. can you heal me and make be stronger plz!??!!"

Umberger
Mar 19, 2007, 08:25 PM
Howrods are also a lust, not necessary. The damage difference between a Mayrod and a Howrod is negligible at best, although they cost nearly twice as much, and much more to recharge. Plus, the 8* black weapons look so much cooler than the 9* blue ones. >_>

Part of the Fortetecher's role in a party is support...when you pick the class, you should understand that you're going to be buffing, debuffing, and/or healing for a good portion of the mission.

But really, to be honest...I don't have to heal Hunters that much. I've found recently that Hunters are starting to buy more -mates and healing themselves before I even get the chance to start my casting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2007-03-19 18:29 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 08:32 PM
i admit, 9*s are a lust too (which is why i dont hav any, and ur right, thats the main reason, Mayrods look way cooler)

but it comes to a price: Support or Babysitting?

i buff the WHOLE group, but 1 person runs off to get boxes, and he only misses 1 buff (say ATA/EVP)

he runs over sayin 'buff me now'

im not wasting another buff just for his 1 loss!

and if they are in yellow, and all the way across the screen, and they HAV trimates, and run ALLLLLL the way to me, demanding a heal, in the middle of 4 Jarbas.....u got to be effing kidding me.

o, and i dont debuff, ima bout to overright my debuffs for nosdiga, nosmegid, and the ult. card.

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 08:40 PM
Higher elemental percentages ARE a necessity. That's the thing.

Soukosa
Mar 19, 2007, 08:42 PM
Comparing hunter weapons and force weapons is like comparing apples to oranges, it doesn't work. On a hunter, the weapons is what defines them while on a force, it's the techs. Hunters get weapons that take alot to make and then PAs that level rather quickly. Where as forces get weapon that are fairly easy to make but have PAs that they have to use (unlike skills) and often take you into the next decade to get them to the higher levels. Hunters have to spend money on mates due to the lack of resta while forces have to dump alot into money into refilling all of the PP they go through. In the end, it's more or less the same when it comes to costs.

No class has it better than the other, though hunters have a larger array of elements to attack with and can get elemental percents higher than forces (yes, techs have an elemental modifier). Though everyone's still gonna whine about the other classes since they don't have to go through something they have to but fail to see the other problems that class has >.>

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 08:43 PM
no, they are not. if they were NEEDED, then the game would give it to you.

ya just WANT to do more damage, ya dont NEED to. just leave the damage to the forces http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Umberger
Mar 19, 2007, 08:44 PM
I say everyone goes Protranser, no more complaining. ¯ ( º _ o ) /¯

Sychosis
Mar 19, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-03-19 18:42, Sounomi wrote:
Comparing hunter weapons and force weapons is like comparing apples to oranges, it doesn't work. On a hunter, the weapons is what defines them while on a force, it's the techs. Hunters get weapons that take alot to make and then PAs that level rather quickly. Where as forces get weapon that are fairly easy to make but have PAs that they have to use (unlike skills) and often take you into the next decade to get them to the higher levels. Hunters have to spend money on mates due to the lack of resta while forces have to dump alot into money into refilling all of the PP they go through. In the end, it's more or less the same when it comes to costs.

No class has it better than the other, though hunters have a larger array of elements to attack with and can get elemental percents higher than forces (yes, techs have an elemental modifier). Though everyone's still gonna whine about the other classes since they don't have to go through something they have to but fail to see the other problems that class has >.>

Thank you.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 19, 2007, 09:04 PM
On 2007-03-19 18:43, Rashiid wrote:

ya just WANT to do more damage, ya dont NEED to. just leave the damage to the forces http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Is... was that a joke? What is becoming of the world?!

Are Hunters merely nothing but meat sheilds now? just to be used to soak up physical damage while techers tech away? Are we not ment for Damage? Nothing but a human (Err...Beast Cast of newmans) Shields?

Hey man, i was a human FighGunner (A rarity at best. and no i didn't use double sabers) When changed jobs, no where on my job discription did it say "You're the gimpy n00b that doesn't know how to shoot the broad side of a Koltova. Your job is to be the thing standing between The flood..err Enemines and those precious Techers, the precious life givers. If they so graciously allow you to be within their healing rays. For many a' time you will fall in battle.

Stand tall my Hunter and semi-hunter brothern!
The Force merely needs to recharge their PP! STAY STRONG AND STAND YOUR GROUND!

Seriously. Seriously....come on.

omegapirate2k
Mar 19, 2007, 09:10 PM
I want a me / ownage unit, now!

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 19, 2007, 09:17 PM
Wonder why Rangers haven't been added to the argument...

Ranger's can replace both hunters and forces...

Rifle- Highest DPS on one enemy, and replaces Foie/Diga, and posibly Megid with Killer Shot.

Twin Handgun- Higher DPS on a target while being able to evade.

Laser Cannon- purely replaces Barta and Zonde, and with Mayalee Prism, mimics a Anga Dugrega 1st move.

Grenaders- Replaces Ra- techs, and does a Anga Dugrega move...

Shotgun- basically a non-homing Nos- tech at some points...

Crossbow- Again, it's like a non-homing Nos- tech at higher Levels.

Mechgun- Just hits fast like the smaller Melee weapons, and basic thechs.

Use of Spears- Mimics the Gi- techs.

Sol/Star Atomizers- mimics Resta + Reverser.

Moon Atomizers- Giresta anyone?

Traps- Gi/Ra- tech mimics?

Rangers are the broken ones... and that's from a Fortegunner too..

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 19, 2007, 09:21 PM

rofl

You do realize that a hunter needs a weapon with at least 25-35% of the correct element to match the damage a Fortecher does by spamming Dumbarta and Gidiga, yeah? Also much lol at "leave the damage to the forces." That is why I say they are broken. They should be primarily support, only doing damage comparable to or slightly less than that of Ranger classes.

But yeah, in practice, Forces are the second easiest to equip, only being slightly more difficult than Rangers because you actually have to hunt for your good units (though Forces are broken enough even without them). Just buy/synth your weapons, buy your tech disks, and you're set. Hunters are significantly harder to equip. Sure, you can buy all the units you want, but have fun synthesizing and then successfully grinding all your weapons with high elemental percent. Keep in mind that Forces have to synth all of two types of weapons (4 if you count cards and bows), while Hunters have many, many more weapons available for use, all of which have their own specific usages. A hunter has to be damn lucky with synthing on several occasions to even be able to rival the Force that just bought a Howrod and stuck Dumbarta on it and went to town.

You say that it is not fair how much tech weapons cost in comparison to melee. Sure, a Katsuno-zashi with 10-15% might sell for 200k, but the ones with sufficient percent go for several millions, and those are the ones you have to have if you want to even come close to a Force in damage.

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 09:29 PM

...?

Surely...you jest?

Sega, you know something's wrong with your game when...

That's like saying you don't NEED Rods. You could get along just fine with Wands. You just WANT them.

Your comment also shoves your other argument out the window. You don't NEED a Sori/Tech, or a Har/Quick. You just WANT them to boost your damage output.

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-03-19 19:29, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

...?

Surely...you jest?

That's like saying you don't NEED Rods. You could get along just fine with Wands. You just WANT them.

Your comment also shoves your other argument out the window. You don't NEED a Sori/Tech, or a Har/Quick. You just WANT them to boost your damage output.

if we could cast w/ our hands, then u can talk.

Rashiid
Mar 19, 2007, 10:09 PM
i swear yall biitch about forces soo much, just make one already, instead of being the wimpy hunters ya are, and yes, im glad u realize ur nothing more then meat shields for us forces.

leaving topic so u kiddies can argue. bun-bye.

PJ
Mar 19, 2007, 10:11 PM
Rashiid, GTFO PSU.

This is coming from a Force. YES we do great damage.

NO we are not the main source of damage. That is the HUNTER class.

And to whoever said Traps replace Gi-techs, lol

McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2007, 10:11 PM
On 2007-03-19 20:02, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-03-19 19:29, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

...?

Surely...you jest?

if we could cast w/ our hands, then u can talk.

That was my point.

Natrokos
Mar 19, 2007, 10:49 PM
*Insert random class bashing post here*

And whoever said WT sucks you hurt my feelings.

Sychosis
Mar 19, 2007, 10:51 PM
Don't worry about them Nat. You're a great Wartecher! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Vay
Mar 19, 2007, 10:59 PM
Traps are like mass-SE4, at least that's how I use them. I don't even touch rifles (except for those flying boss fights, or Desert Goliath). Just a personal preference, anyway, back to the topic.

Also, you forget Twin Mayalee, Garanz-Baranz, for gunners as well... level 3 Zalure availble through that, safer than a force debuffing too since you don't have to run up into face-smash range.

Rashiid, you can't possibly believe FF's are that useless and that forces have it so much more difficult than other classes. When I played FF, I carried around buff items (this was before the buff patch), Sol's, Stars, Tri's, and used them all to help out the party. Most FF's carry SEVERAL weapons on them as well, to match weapon PA's and elements to any given situation. (Well, those that pay attention and spend a lot of time preparing do this).

As a gunner, I carry lots and lots of traps on me, and in any given S mission I am likely to empty out on Virus and G traps and Freeze G's at least once on runs like Desert Goliath S. Also use 'mates so forces dont' have to worry about me (If I wait for a heal, I usually end up dead anyway, rather lose 150 to a dimate than 5000 to a scape). Sol's to save Forces who get stunned, but no room on AP for STars, sorry!

It's been stated already, all classes have things they spend their money on throughout the course of a run. Also, you don't HAVE to buy a freaking ME/Quick. Go hunt one! Get a friend (you have those, right?) to come out to Eastern Peril S with you and rip it up a few times. My friends and I have found 3 total to my knowledge in the past few weeks! Just gotta put in some effort. And if you've run it 500 times already, what's another 500 going to hurt?

Zorafim
Mar 19, 2007, 11:20 PM
Wait, did I just hear a ranger say that his class was the best class in the game?
I think I lol'd.

By the way, the topic title is false advertisement.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-03-19 21:24 ]</font>

Dragwind
Mar 19, 2007, 11:22 PM
Wartechers do not suck.

Saying any class sucks in this game is basically a self centered nubish preferred thing to say. I myself am just about always playing as a Wartecher, and Its sad to see the increasing number of fortetechers that, well, cant play the class right.

8 times out of 10 when Im in a party with another fortetecher, I end up doing all the supporting including buffs, debuffs, resta, etc while the fortetecher just casts diga and such. People complain about being "battle mages" as an excuse to not support.

Thats complete BS.

This isnt FF, this is PSU. Forces do it all. Support AND damage output. Support of course, naturally comes as the first action during battle for a good team supportive force, then damage. Hence why they can deal out such great damage, to make up for the time they use up supporting others with buffs, debuffs, resta, etc. IMO, fortetechers are not broken at all. They're great just as every other class.

Wartechers on the other hand, are generally confused as noobish crappy forces, or noobish crappy hunters, which sadly, most of them Ive seen play as.

WT's can be a great team asset. Just ask most of the people who play with me.

I rarely ever see someone actually use their class to its full extent. With Hybrid classes, I believe its more important. As a WT, support comes first. I dont care what anyone says. You have the evasion, the dfp, and the 11+ techs. Go out there in the battlefield and buff, debuff heal, etc. Then once you get the main priority out of the way, chose the appropriate attacks for the enemies you face. Thats what makes WT's versatile, choice of techs or striking at your disposal during this point.

Sorry for the long post, but Im absolutely sick of people whining about a class sucking, or how one is better than the other. Play the class that fits you, or learn to play the class you are. Dont like it? Quit whining.

Vay
Mar 19, 2007, 11:33 PM
If you're on PC/PS2, Dragwind, I'd love to party with you sometime.

Also, Traps do NOT replace Gi-techs, lol. Quick status application, that's what they're for, and I use the hell out of them.

One more thing, I'd suggest any fighter-types playing with Rashiid on 360 just go in bare handed and stare at enemies while he casts his techs. What's the point? Your single claw can never reach the damage of one Diga. LOL.

EDIT: This is like the bullcrap on FFXI too, saying BLM were top damage class (I was BLM). They're very good, yes, but just 'cause one huge number appears every now and then doesn't mean you're doing more damage than someone pumping out strings of smaller hits. I imagine Rashiid would be an Ancient Magic spammer, but I guess to each his own. People can play how they want, just doesn't mean I have to party with them, either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vay on 2007-03-19 21:35 ]</font>

Mio
Mar 19, 2007, 11:34 PM
I have 3 characters, and I have all 3 classes experiences.

Hunters = I don't like them a lot, but they really deal the best dps out of the 3 classes, but they're very equip dependant

Forces = I have one, lvl 68, pretty easy to equip ( I found my me/quick ) and pretty easy to play. Just not for my taste, I get bored of this characters fast

Rangers = Easy in the Equipment Departmant, Win in the Fun departmant. Every Ranged Weapons is unique and let you have great gaming experiences, plus the traps. A Ranger can do incredible DPS ( I deal myself 300dmg per hit with mechguns on right aligned element ), Block annoying enemies ( I usually Grenade the annoying machinegun armed robots ), Draw Hate to protect both Forces and Hunters, Deal Status Effects ( Ice and Shock Shotgun for example ), and they're awesome boss killers ( There's always a weak spot for a ranger to hit, and dragon kind enemyes are killed in no time with Grenades, I personally deal more than 2000 dmg per shot against De Ragan with my Ice Grenade Launcher ).

Rashiid problem is that he probably played melee and wasnt able to play it efficently ( maybe because of the equip? ), then switched to Force and now bragging about it. I used all 3 and I don't hate any class, I just love the ForteGunner

Dragwind
Mar 19, 2007, 11:44 PM
Thats another good point Vay brought up. People who brag about a few big numbers appearing on screen and claiming thats its zomgmorepwnzomethanthou. Take into consideration the time it took you to do that much damage. Now time the damage you do in about 20 seconds. Now take another weapon like a mechgun, and watch how much damage it does in the same amount of time. Hmmm. Overlooked that didnt ya? Some people too quick to judge.

Rangers do have their good points as Mio has stated. All good points about rangers there.

Yes btw, im on ps2/pc servers. Sorry about not putting that on my sig. Ill get to that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DRAGOUSCHRIS on 2007-03-19 21:49 ]</font>

Schubalts
Mar 19, 2007, 11:56 PM
On 2007-03-19 21:33, Vay wrote:
Ancient Magic
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vay on 2007-03-19 21:35 ]</font>

Off-topic but... fuck Ancient Magic and fuck Blackmages! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DeathKrow
Mar 20, 2007, 12:04 AM
On 2007-03-19 17:03, Nanoframe wrote:
Who knows what units will be and will not be available at NPC on future updates?

It would suck to spend tons of time hunting down units and then have them available at NPC shops later

Did the Japanese get any new units at NPC?

how much would it suck if blk heart went on sale in npc shops? im currently hunting BH and its going pretty well, 12 darbelans in 6 hours. but other players have hunted it for months. it would suck if all their time an effort was for nothing.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 20, 2007, 12:18 AM
I think you are all nuts...well not all some of you have decent ideas. I play with both a fortefighter and a fortetecher so i know both sides of this arguement and can say the following queit confidently:

1)If techers were ment for mainly support and not offense there wouldnt be more offensive spells than defensive. Forces are a fighter/rangers ticket to do what ever they want with disregaurd for thier own status. If a tech wants to be a buffer more power to them but if you want buffs dont count on a force to give them to you. bring you own. buff pill were out before buff spells.

2)there is no way for a good techer to do more damage than a decent fortefigher or fig. especialy if they are using one of the following weapons; double saber, axe, sword, twin saber pa, or certain other pa's. techers have to run from what ever they hit. fighters dont. they count on the enemy staying right in front of them so they can repeatedly beat them. techers rely on distance and dodging. they do one or two hits and move on, most of the time letting a fighter finish off if they werent finishing it off from a fighter.

3) units arent needed of any type. granted some come in handy and some are useful. but none are really needed.

4)neither are high % elements. I have no element above 18 on any of my 6 fighter weaps. It works better that way because then I dont have to worry about taking a serious cut when i hit a fire worm on neudaiz with my fire axe because its with the stupid walking barta flingers. Having 25%-30% weapons is more of a detrement than a help.

5) force arent broke they just have different weaknesses. fighters have massive health, massive damage, but take loses in range, accuracy, and sometimes evasion. rangers have high accuracy, good evasion, and traps, but take hits in damage output, and a little one in health. Force on the other hand has good damage, range, and evasion. It has practically no health and barely any defense. stereotypical for any game.

Remedy
Mar 20, 2007, 01:02 AM
On 2007-03-19 17:52, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Because your stat units add a significant boost, whereas Hunters need Mega / Wall to survive.You... you need 14 DFP (the grand sum of 3 less damage on each attack) to survive?

Edit: LOL @ Ffuzzy-Logic wanting things to go back to PSO where "HUNTERS/RANGERS DAMAGE, FORCES SUPPORT AND MELEE BECAUSE TECHS BLOW LOL". If you didn't notice, it's PSU now, not PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-03-19 23:06 ]</font>

Ether
Mar 20, 2007, 01:27 AM
I'm laughing at the people trying to argue with Rashiid. Go talk to a brick wall instead, you'll get more done

shewby
Mar 20, 2007, 02:42 AM
You guys must play with garbage forces. If done right, a force can out damage any other class in most situations. By a lot. I'm not a force, so I'm not defending my class or anything.

Anywho... can anyone from JP servers tell us what the current NPC units are. Please don't say "it should be this or that" if you don't know. Just say if you know for sure or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shewby on 2007-03-20 00:42 ]</font>

Tra
Mar 20, 2007, 03:29 AM
You guys are all noob hunters and forces.

hahahaha fucking noobs.... arguing about the dumbest irrelevant shit (the game is balanced 'cept WTs, trust me)

A2K
Mar 20, 2007, 05:08 AM
You know, I could have sworn this thread was about units.