PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Laser cannon/ Gur neda?

jayster
Mar 19, 2007, 08:58 PM
I was amazed today when I went out and bought 2 seven star weapons for my beast fortegunner, a gur neda and a laser can, totaling 60k for both together... Can someone elabrarate why these prices are so cheap? I went on a test run with them and I love them, I dont know why anyone would sell them this cheap. I checked everyone elses shops and they had them for around the 20-30k range (laser cannon) while the gur neda ranged from 40-80k... It's not like they were a million of them on the market either. I almost felt like I was buying B rank weapons for the prices. I'v been a fortefighter and a fighgunner and when I bought my guns for those characters, phython and deathmakers, I paid a little over 300k each. Even the beamgun I bought at first I paid 85k for. I thought guns and staffs generally sold for very close to the amount of npc prices unlike melee weapons which vary alot depending on element and %.

gundam0079
Mar 19, 2007, 08:59 PM
well those weps are almost obselite when it comes to date and power, no one wants those anymore. Every now has teh thunder cannon or gur missal/ napam dont know which is the 9*. 7* are out of date

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gundam0079 on 2007-03-19 19:01 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 19, 2007, 09:00 PM
Laser isn't really all that great, but I love it. SO MUCH FUN XD

Grenades are just made of win. Your guess is as good as mine.

jayster
Mar 19, 2007, 09:01 PM
I know they arent the best all around weapon. But laser cannon is very usefull being able to rip through multiple enemies and grenade launcher with it's sweet ult pa powers plus awsome hit range..

gundam0079
Mar 19, 2007, 09:03 PM
get the 9* versions much better than 7

jayster
Mar 19, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-03-19 19:03, gundam0079 wrote:
get the 9* versions much better than 7

much more exspensive for a class that I'll probably cap and never use again in a week (raising these classes in hopes that they'll be needed for the master classes, even though I will admit that being a fortegunner after using melee weapons for so long kicks butt)

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 19, 2007, 09:26 PM
Laser Cannon... 7* weapon, ATP of an Assasin[7* rifle], and peirces. though, the Maser/Thunder/Degahna cannons put it to shame...

Gur Neda, I still use it as a reserve weapon, incase both my Gur Napam[8*] and Gur Missal[9*] empty out...

Either way, 7*s are really not wanted anymore, sence people can usually use 8* by the time they get to Advance class.

pikachief
Mar 19, 2007, 09:55 PM
welll after i added up the attack and everything granades miight be the worse weapons in the game! U can shoot my 9* granades once in the time it takes to shoot 3 shotgun bullets.

1 granade on a kog nadd will do about 3 250's, soo thats really good u say!? 750 DAMAGE WOW!!!

or i can shoot 5 70 bullets at one time at that kog nadd with my shotgun 3 times. 70x5= 350x3= 1100!!!

or i cans hoot my rifle 5 times with 300 each! 1500!? me l;ikey my rifle a shotty WAY more!

if u check the granades attack it isnt very high compared to any other weapon its rank! and it takes long to hit teh enemy!

only good on bosses and mabey some big enemies! (not jarba's i'd like to have some time to dodge those megids please)

dont get me wrong, the granades used to be my favorite! but it is now replaced with the 3 shot high status effecting, quick one handed CROSS BOW!!!

RedX
Mar 19, 2007, 09:59 PM
One thing flawed with your logic, Glaunchers are also crowd control guns.

jayster
Mar 19, 2007, 10:26 PM
Would the ult freeze pa be worth it for grenade launcher? How much pp does it use?

Vay
Mar 19, 2007, 10:31 PM
It's very well worth it, mine's level 13...

At level 1-10, costs 72 PP for fG, and at 11-20, costs 96 PP. Believe it ramps up to 121 PP at 21+.

It's a static 25% Accuracy stat, starts at 101% ATP and gains 1% a level. Anything it hits, it freezes. I REALLY like this PA for Grinna Bette's and other large creatures that like to zoom around the map at fast speeds and do massive damage. Have a few photon charges and you can keep going for a while.

Miyoko
Mar 19, 2007, 10:39 PM
On 2007-03-19 19:55, pikachief wrote[/b]:
welll after i added up the attack and everything granades miight be the worse weapons in the game! U can shoot my 9* granades once in the time it takes to shoot 3 shotgun bullets.

1 granade on a kog nadd will do about 3 250's, soo thats really good u say!? 750 DAMAGE WOW!!!

or i can shoot 5 70 bullets at one time at that kog nadd with my shotgun 3 times. 70x5= 350x3= 1100!!!

or i cans hoot my rifle 5 times with 300 each! 1500!? me l;ikey my rifle a shotty WAY more!

if u check the granades attack it isnt very high compared to any other weapon its rank! and it takes long to hit teh enemy!

only good on bosses and mabey some big enemies! (not jarba's i'd like to have some time to dodge those megids please)

dont get me wrong, the granades used to be my favorite! but it is now replaced with the 3 shot high status effecting, quick one handed CROSS BOW!!!

You completely miss the point of using a grenade launcher.

And just so you know, grenade launchers fire just as fast as, if not a little faster than shotguns. It's just that you have to position yourself appropriately.

You're right about when it comes to damaging bosses, though. Grenades > shots (except on OMG, where rifles are superior). However, as said before, grenades aren't really about damage.

Oh, and one more thing...
-----------Lv1-10 | Lv11-20 | Lv21-30
Grenades -- Slv1-----Slv2-----Slv3
Shotguns -- Slv2-----Slv2-----Slv2
Crossbow -- Slv1-----Slv2-----Slv3

juno-6
Mar 19, 2007, 11:55 PM
yea, i just bought a cannon for 27K, but then an hour later i found me a thunder cannon in Labs S2, lol....that sucked - i want my 27k back. It took me a while to find it at that proce though - there are still alot of ppl selling em for 40-80K or whatever.

AweOfShe
Mar 20, 2007, 01:06 AM
Some people are too busy number crunching to understand the meaning of the term "situational"... You know, what over half the arsenal on this game is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alisha
Mar 20, 2007, 01:46 AM
situational or not laser cannons are worthless. the velocity of the projectile is so sloooooooooooowwwww.

Traize
Mar 20, 2007, 03:32 AM
I love my Laser Cannon... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 20, 2007, 05:47 AM
On 2007-03-19 23:46, Alisha wrote:
situational or not laser cannons are worthless. the velocity of the projectile is so sloooooooooooowwwww.

I bet 10k meseta you'd say they're awsome if they could hit more than 1 hit-spot on an enemy.

Oh, and really, the Grenader has a slower 'projectile', and the Card too.

But, I also bet you haven't used a Laser Cannon long enough to understand it's uses, and how it SHOULD be used for full potential.

DraginHikari
Mar 20, 2007, 10:36 AM
Oh yes, let's buy all 9* for four times the cost... let's see several million (Yes, I'm on PC/PS2 and no I don't have millions of meseta from inflated sales) seems to be the price for any 9* with puny percents lower then 20% when a 7* with decent element %s is more useful and cheaper to make. I guess on the plus side people view 7* as worthless already I guess they evenaully be even cheaper http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif