PDA

View Full Version : "The Gold Kit" Commercial

Ma_Navu
Mar 19, 2007, 11:04 PM
Anyone ever see this commercial? Their thing is, "send us your used jewelry in our special package, and we'll send you money!"

Well, that's great!

Except for the fact that this could be the biggest scam ever.

"Now, to open the envelope with the money they sent me, and... WHAT THE FUCK! FIVE DOLLARS?! I PAID HUNDREDS FOR THOSE EARRINGS!!"

DraginHikari
Mar 20, 2007, 11:14 AM
Doesn't sound real promising doesn't it XD

Ma_Navu
Mar 20, 2007, 02:04 PM
Well, in the commercial, they make it out to be real promising by saying, "Send us your old jewely, and we'll send you cash," while waving a stack of hundred-dollar bills around.

But from what I know of, there's no guarantee these people can be trusted to give you any amount of money, let alone "hundreds."

I find it amusing and sad how people can easily be taken advantage of these days. Hell, it's even worse that people can be that cold-hearted.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 20, 2007, 09:03 PM
Seems like the perfect opportunity to have someone say, "Hey, there's a dog turd in here."

Either on the receiving end, or their end.

Must be a local commercial then? I hope they didn't make enough money through such a "service" to buy time on a national stage.

Ma_Navu
Mar 20, 2007, 09:09 PM
Most likely, it's local--it looks like a cheaply made commercial, since the actors... well, they suck. If they had enough money for a nation-wide commercial, they'd have also hired people who weren't completely fuckin' talent-less at acting.

And the "dog turd" statement made me roffle my waffle.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Mar 20, 2007, 09:19 PM
Lawfull Waffle