PDA

View Full Version : PSU: What's the big rush?

ThEoRy
Mar 20, 2007, 01:26 PM
Why is it some players feel the need to reach the lvl cap the day after it's released? Same goes with Photon arts. I can certainly understand why you would want to achieve the third part of a combo or in my case the upgraded techs. But do you have to do it in one session/day? For how long do you plan on playing this game? I for one will be playing for a very long time (till they shut down the servers and beyond). For one thing, circle buffing and pa spamming is excruciatingly dull and painfully boring. So much so it's enough to make one lose interest in the game. On another note, what do you do with your time for the next (insert # of months here) months stuck at the same level, not getting credit for any exp you would have earned had you not been capped? Isn't that in essence a complete waste of time? I've learned my lesson the hard way. 8 hours of circle buffing is enough for me thanx. More personally though, I feel a greater much deeper sense of accomplishment in knowing I lvled up my techs naturally (minus shifta,deband up to lvl 16). I felt sorta cheap having lvled those two in that way. Which in turn creates a greater sense of pride in my characters stats, and EARNS me a lot of respect. When people look at my Photon Arts and say "Wow, you sure have a lot of high lvl PA's" (most notably all of my debuffs)., I know it was because of dedication, determination and patience. Not because I had all day to sit in one room hitting the x or y button (take your pick). So, what are your views on the subject? Please feel free to comment on this, but don't take offense as this topic is not intended to do so. I am merely posing the question.. What's the big rush?

Golto
Mar 20, 2007, 01:32 PM
I'm getting close to lvl 80 on my main but when I do, with the exception of rare hunting +3 luck days and helping friends, I won't be playing this char much. I have two other characters to play. I'm guessing the lvl 80's now play for money earning, pa lvling, type lvling, and rare hunting.

A2K
Mar 20, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-03-20 11:26, Octagon wrote:
I know it was because of dedication, determination and patience. Not because I had all day to sit in one room hitting the x or y button (take your pick).

For some people, those two things are exactly the same. Honestly, I think people should play the game and extract enjoyment out of it in whatever way they see fit. Want to do a different mission every day? Why not? Circle buff? Grind the same mission over and over? If that's fun to them, by all means, have at it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 20, 2007, 01:37 PM
I won't be playing my main much from now on either, he's at level 70 but being at level 80 would make me feel pathetic. But only for the same reasons as Golto, only to find some rares on 3 luck days or something, or to work on Force and Wartecher.

Golto
Mar 20, 2007, 01:39 PM
I'd stop at lvl 75 so when Mad Beasts S2 comes out you can play it on day 1.

SuperRygar
Mar 20, 2007, 01:39 PM
holy rant...if i want to pa spam i'll pa spam. it doesnt degrade anything. you just take this game too seriously, obviously. if someone wants to max out in 1 month they'l do what they want. i'll pose you a question, what's the big deal?

ThEoRy
Mar 20, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-03-20 11:37, Shiroryuu wrote:
I won't be playing my main much from now on either, he's at level 70 but being at level 80 would make me feel pathetic. But only for the same reasons as Golto, only to find some rares on 3 luck days or something, or to work on Force and Wartecher.

nice point there, class switching..

Mayu
Mar 20, 2007, 01:43 PM
It's fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sychosis
Mar 20, 2007, 01:46 PM
So I can help everyone else hit the cap too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Rune-
Mar 20, 2007, 01:46 PM
I think you're just thinking too much about other people, just enjoy what YOU like to do most. If other people wanna cap everything so they don't have to worry about it anymore, so be it.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 20, 2007, 01:49 PM
Seriously. I've got RL things to do, college classes etc. I've had PSU since Nov. and I've only had time to get my main character up to Lvl 46, and two ALT's on at lvl 20 and one at LVL 8..

I really enjoy PSU, but I've never felt the urge to rush to max level on everything...

JAFO22000
Mar 20, 2007, 01:51 PM
Octagon, I would like to suscribe to your newsletter...although, 8 hours in a buff party...you are TAINTED!!

Heh! I got shifta up to 21 naturally, but my others were all at 20 and it made it uneven to cast them...so I hosted my own buff party with my PM and Laia. I felt dirty about it, but I only did this so I could evenly distribute buffs.

ThEoRy
Mar 20, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-03-20 11:39, SuperRygar wrote:
holy rant...if i want to pa spam i'll pa spam. it doesnt degrade anything. you just take this game too seriously, obviously. if someone wants to max out in 1 month they'l do what they want. i'll pose you a question, what's the big deal?

Not a big deal really. A friend and I started this convo last nite in the game when a few others were acting as if they better than everyone else because they rushed to the top so fast. Then we discussed the fact that in those regards, all it takes is time to achieve most things on this game and how some just seem to have more of that than others. So we then just said "whats the big rush?" knowing we'd be playing for years. So I was just pointing out how I feel, and asking others how they feel on the subject.

On 2007-03-20 11:51, JAFO22000 wrote:
Octagon, I would like to suscribe to your newsletter...although, 8 hours in a buff party...you are TAINTED!!

Heh! I got shifta up to 21 naturally, but my others were all at 20 and it made it uneven to cast them...so I hosted my own buff party with my PM and Laia. I felt dirty about it, but I only did this so I could evenly distribute buffs.

I know I feel so dirty. lol but it was 4 the good of the team! And I might add it was not 8 consecutive hours. more like 90 mins here 60 mins there. But it was just so boring I couldn't stand to do that again. I guess it's not called grinding for nothing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-03-20 12:00 ]</font>

Magician
Mar 21, 2007, 06:04 AM
Well, it shouldn't be difficult to do doing Labs S2 non-stop.

Myself, I'm visiting De Ragan S 24/7 and not much else, which is why I just hit 72.

Lman90245
Mar 21, 2007, 06:23 AM
I'm 80 and still play farm for rares, but I also have fun with my alt(s)... getting things for my low level alts in missions is always fun!

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 06:40 AM
I like to level my characters pretty evenly... hell, my 2 alts are higher than my 2 main characters, cuse I was waiting for my friends to get online before levelling my mains (My mains are 24 and 23. My alts are both 40).

Tahldon
Mar 21, 2007, 08:07 AM
I'm actually in no rush myself. Sometimes I find myself wanting to level all my techs to 30, but if I do that I wonder if that'll kill the fun of having it level mid game and being surprized about it.

I find myself playing on my Alt alot. (Muh Transer' for those of whom are not in the know.)

My buddies give me guff about it all the time cause I'm the healer usually, but when I'm running around as a Protranser it's like "Fock yo' couch!" and all. Also, the fact that he's only level 54 and can't play all the missions they wanna run (S2 Sealab *gag*).

But I totally feel ya, Octagon. I'm in no rush anymore. To me, there's actually no need to be. It'll be a while before we get the 90 cap anyways, like it was from 70 to 80. So there'll be plenty of time in between then to reach it by just tagging along here and there and doing a mission or two.

Although, going between two characters.. Meseta is kinda scarce -_-;;

omegapirate2k
Mar 21, 2007, 08:11 AM
The problem with people reaching the cap in a few days is that some of them begin do complain how ST is lacking with content, ect.

And where do they do that?

Forums XD

amtalx
Mar 21, 2007, 10:19 AM
For some people, I think they just want to be the guy that runs around with Lvl 80 above his head so he can look awesome. For others, I think they just play too much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Im in no hurry to get to 80 but Im well on my way to 76 (prob tonight) because Ive been farming money from S2 labs.

LozengeofLove
Mar 21, 2007, 10:30 AM
Most of them seem to be quitting to, once they hit that level 80.

Sha Sha
Mar 21, 2007, 10:35 AM
I admit I did a a few buff partys but only to level the techs up just a few levels so i have a slight upper hand when i solo my force. There all like level 5 ><

amtalx
Mar 21, 2007, 10:38 AM
When I hit 80 Ill switch back to my alt. Shes been very lonely since S2 labs was unlocked but now I'll actually have the money to fund her. Forces cost a fortune...

_Deliverance_
Mar 21, 2007, 10:53 AM
If I had no life, I'd be capped too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cracka_J
Mar 21, 2007, 01:03 PM
It's not a matter of having no life...it's a matter of if you can take the grind or not.
I play pretty casually after work on weekdays, and clock in a few more hours on the weekends. Even when I got hours to play, I pretty much hate spending it running the same missions over and over, knowing higher exp ones will be available in the following weeks. So I do random stuff and lvl alts in the process. Grinding really bores me, and if you hit the 80 cap already, I can see how you would be extremely bored right now too. Running the same mission, same patterns, hitting the same buttons for whatever time it took was prolly pretty painful. I'm 73 right now, and I figure I'll get there eventually, but if I make myself wanna quit in the process it ain't worth it.