PDA

View Full Version : Is hacking really gone?

SuperRygar
Mar 20, 2007, 02:46 PM
i dont see much talk about hacks anymore. does ST really have hackers by the balls?

Amalga
Mar 20, 2007, 02:52 PM
It depends on what system you're playing on. On the 360 it's practically non-existent seeing as Microsoft prevents anyone from logging onto LIVE without installing the security updates. Hacks there existed before but were quelled almost immediately.

Now to get rid of the scamming...

Itchee
Mar 20, 2007, 02:54 PM
On 2007-03-20 12:52, Amalga wrote:
Now to get rid of the scamming...

Target scammer.
Select "Add to blacklist".
Problem solved.

Sunwind
Mar 20, 2007, 02:55 PM
GameGuard is updating faster than... ok I don't have a joke, something really fast anyway.

PSU's gameguard is actually ahead of other popular games to cheat on like maplestory, so the release of undetected cheat engines for psu is rather slow.

However, I have no doubt that there are people playing with their own private bypasses or undetected CE's (Cheat Engine). Obviously, they do not want to release them because gameguard will patch them, so they just hack the game in private (Sorry, cheat in private, since we all know it's not real hacking. but then again that depends on your definition of hacking, which is another topic altogether)

So yeah, they have the majority by the balls, but there are people who can still do it, and probably do, just don't expect to see halarods being handed out outside Hive (Or lab now) anymore..

Soukosa
Mar 20, 2007, 02:56 PM
On either system there will likely be some hacking going on, just in the dark away from the public. On the PC/PS2 servers there hasn't been any working public CEs in awhile since no one has managed to get around GG except for completely disabling it, which is far beyond what your typical script kiddie wannabe hacker could handle.

McLaughlin
Mar 20, 2007, 02:56 PM
Erm...there were never any hacks on the 360...

Sychosis
Mar 20, 2007, 02:57 PM
AL1ST0R was yammering on about a new CE out there, but so far they could only do minor things. Walking through walls and other stupid stuff.

Not sure how much worth you assign anything he says however...

RedX
Mar 20, 2007, 03:12 PM
He was right. There WAS one, but then GG got updated.

Edit: and now it's updating again. So, no public hacking. Oh, and to correct some people above me, yes some people have UCE's that work but because of the patch that we got a while back, most values come up as ???, and are impossible to change ATM.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedX on 2007-03-20 13:16 ]</font>

SuperRygar
Mar 20, 2007, 03:14 PM
my signature clearly indicates that im PS2

hacking, as in, meseta duping and obtaining rares. i remember they did a wipe but i didnt pay much attention then. now there's no more threads about hacking, so i was curious.

haha scamming...no comment

guess i better start conserving my money a little better, just incase the economy levels out a bit

chibiLegolas
Mar 20, 2007, 03:29 PM
That's the thing. Is the PS2/PC economy leveling out yet?
PPl are still charging a lot for simple things like photons. And retards who charge insane prices that could be bought from npc shops.
Are these ppl just not playing anymore, so their prices are outdated? Yet their shops STILL fill up on my list searchings?

5,000 - 10,000 for el-photons and im-photons.
....idiots....

Are ppl still buying them for those prices?!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 20, 2007, 03:49 PM
God knows PSU has enough money sinks. Just give it time, the economy is slowly leveling back out.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 20, 2007, 03:52 PM
Man, I'm gonna miss all the haxeta when its all gone. =(

Kimil
Mar 20, 2007, 04:00 PM
Lol, yup, FOund myself Broke the other day, and had to stop doing Hive runs because I didn't want to buy scapes. Things are back to normal, except those guys who horded their money and stillhave 20mil+, but since they are hording it, it doesn't effect anyone. All good

Tiyr
Mar 20, 2007, 04:05 PM
Well, it's not ALL good yet. Moron shop owners need to figure out that no one's going to buy their horribly overpriced crap no that haxeta's pretty much drained out. I've seen the same shops with the same neu ebon selling for 250k for weeks now.

omegapirate2k
Mar 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
If you sell synth ingredients for over 2 times the amount of the npc you should be shot, nuff said.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 20, 2007, 04:13 PM
On 2007-03-20 13:29, chibiLegolas wrote:

Prices are coming down, slowly but surely. Personally, I've got a stack of Megi-Photons that I can't seem to get rid of.

Candor
Mar 20, 2007, 04:30 PM
was looking trough a hacking site just yesterday. A lot of people have been banned and gave up, most hacks like meseta and stacked item duping no longer works, neither does synth modding (only things like infinite PP and walking through walls). On top of all that any UCE that gets released to the public is immediately patched so only those people who know how to make their own can still hack.

Overall most people just gave up and moved on. So everything should be back to normal soon.

Kinfante
Mar 20, 2007, 04:37 PM
I have noticed GG updating late mad lately, like 2 days ago was one, and now today. CRAZY. they're doin pretty well.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 20, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-03-20 14:13, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2007-03-20 13:29, chibiLegolas wrote:

Prices are coming down, slowly but surely. Personally, I've got a stack of Megi-Photons that I can't seem to get rid of.

Slightly off topic, but I'm going to assume Megi-Photons don't sell since most of the server, from last time I played, was doing missions with a lot of dark monsters. . . That or you have bad luck ;(

watashiwa
Mar 20, 2007, 04:56 PM
My stacks of Megi-Photons always sell.. and I price them at 10k each. =P

Powder Keg
Mar 20, 2007, 05:27 PM
Gameguard and DNAS got rid of 99% of the cheating. (The rest are in-game glitches most likely)

This is because most of the cheating in PSO were just little kids with cheat devices. They can't be used online now.

Tita
Mar 20, 2007, 05:46 PM
i'm only going to miss Haxetta when i want to feed a new PM... like now ><

my rares will stay at ONE MILLION MESETAS though XD

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 20, 2007, 05:51 PM
On 2007-03-20 14:09, omegapirate2k wrote:
If you sell synth ingredients for over 2 times the amount of the npc you should be shot, nuff said.

You should be shot for selling NPC sold items for even a penny above the NPC price.

Kaydin
Mar 20, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-03-20 15:51, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2007-03-20 14:09, omegapirate2k wrote:

You should be shot for selling NPC sold items for even a penny above the NPC price.

I sell them for 1k. Even the ones that sell for 20k from NPC shops.

APEXi
Mar 20, 2007, 06:00 PM
i did my part getting rid of the haxeta. failing synths and grinds...

Schubalts
Mar 20, 2007, 07:13 PM
Hurray for being a packrat!

Off-topic: PICK UP EVERYTHING UPGRADABLE MATERIAL, DAMMIT!

ZodiacNKnight
Mar 20, 2007, 08:56 PM
The aftermath is still there from the hacking that went on in PS2/PC. The illegally obtained items are practically wiped out except for the abundant Halarods and Crea Doubles. Since they were made available to the public there is no solid evidence to tell the difference from a hacked version from a real one. I've been offered both for my black heart but I turned them both down because they're not worth having if a lot of people have them.

The economy has gotten a little bit better but it won't fully recover on its own.
I don't know if the bad business is still going on but people were paying real money to get hacked 99,999,999 mesta. That's what specifically killed the economy...
Since inflation is high, people aren't generally going to give up their 50million mesta stashes for the good of the game. As long as that money circulates through the player market the economy will not get better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-03-20 19:04 ]</font>

Candor
Mar 20, 2007, 09:03 PM
>.> bad news people, once again player shops are in danger. I just read that there's still a way to delete items from player shops, basically they buy the item but you get no money for it. I'd rather not cause a panic and see all player shops close down again, but didn't seem right to keep this info to myself. If anyone has proof that this was patched it be great if you could post it.

juno-6
Mar 20, 2007, 11:48 PM
cool, im glad you guys on the pc/ps2 got your economy back (fer the most part.) enjoy.

Kaydin
Mar 20, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-03-20 19:03, Candor wrote:
>.> bad news people, once again player shops are in danger. I just read that there's still a way to delete items from player shops, basically they buy the item but you get no money for it. I'd rather not cause a panic and see all player shops close down again, but didn't seem right to keep this info to myself. If anyone has proof that this was patched it be great if you could post it.

There was a GameGuard update today, that might have fixed it. Dunno though, never heard of this.

FUFME
Mar 21, 2007, 04:58 AM
On 2007-03-20 16:00, APEXi wrote:
i did my part getting rid of the haxeta. failing synths and grinds...

heh, it cost me an arm and leg to finally get good Yamata Lightning Armor

Lman90245
Mar 21, 2007, 06:08 AM
With that much $$$ just buy-out the cloths from every planet! >:D

Miyoko
Mar 21, 2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah, then once you've done that, buy-out the clothes from every planet again and give it to me! ... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif /poorgirl

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 21, 2007, 09:00 AM
someone mentioned the economy leveling out....I havent seen evidence of that yet. I just upped the price of my ray-photons from 20k to 50k and they still sell in less than 6 hours. though i did have to drop my megi-photon price but only from 20k to 17500. that i am assuming becasue of since the release of dark falkus mission there has been a lot of people doing that area so dark is in less demand.

Saigan
Mar 21, 2007, 10:09 AM
Ray-Photons have ALWAYS been popular, I've seen them go at 100k. As people continue running Hive and being forced to buy Scapes as the stray Megid hits them the economy will balance itself out... ever so slowly >.<
I think a PW4 style mission could do the trick here lol.

neverknows
Mar 21, 2007, 10:23 AM
Hacking is not gone, and never will be. It is still possible to dupe/create/instant level photon arts and much more, just most stuff is kept private between smaller groups of people.

renzosh
Mar 21, 2007, 10:37 AM
Yesterday saw this character with 5 crea doubles and a rucar, all the techs at lv 30, and the 3 double saber techs at lv 30, plus a black heart, and a Solid power S

Candor
Mar 21, 2007, 10:45 AM
On 2007-03-21 08:23, neverknows wrote:
Hacking is not gone, and never will be. It is still possible to dupe/create/instant level photon arts and much more, just most stuff is kept private between smaller groups of people.

listen to one post man, for he is reliable!

neverknows
Mar 21, 2007, 10:53 AM
I can't work out wether that is sarcastic or you really mean listen to me, but whatever, believe me or not, that is the truth. Do you really think the people with the new hacking methods will release them to the masses for them to be patched again in a month or so? Or for a GameGuard bypass or an undetected Cheat Engine to be obsolete after 3 days?

And just because some of you checked out "popular" hacking forums such as broomops and TMG's and found that people have given up or been banned, what about those who do not post?

I know we are trying to be all holy and say "PS2/PC is great now because it's like 360 with no cheating", but it's not, and never will be.

Edit: Public evidence of hacks still being possible is that ++ player (The one with 5 Halarods and a Kohibumiteri) who got from lv70 to 80 in a few hours of solo play, which was witnessed by a few people (I've seen posts about it on here somewhere).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neverknows on 2007-03-21 08:55 ]</font>