PDA

View Full Version : PSU needs Endless Nightmare.

Parn
Mar 20, 2007, 09:45 PM
For those unacquainted with what I am talking about and didn't play PSO, watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMK06eOK4eY).

PSU desperately needs quests like this.

PJ
Mar 20, 2007, 09:45 PM
Oh hey, I remember Endless Nightmare!

Oh hey, it was in PSO.

No thanks.

Spacepest
Mar 20, 2007, 09:46 PM
Hmm, I actually loved the Endless Nightmare quests.

EphekZ
Mar 20, 2007, 09:46 PM
yeah VoC b2 was the closest thing we got to it. it'd be really fun.

Sekani
Mar 20, 2007, 09:48 PM
People would just complain about the PP recharge costs.

McLaughlin
Mar 20, 2007, 09:49 PM
We need something akin to Phantasmal World 4.

VanHalen
Mar 20, 2007, 09:50 PM
Seems cool (though it featured the Chaos Bringer my only rival other than the Sinow Beat). Since I didn't play online on PSO, what was that mission about?

Rashiid
Mar 20, 2007, 09:50 PM
i dont get it, is it just an endless onslaught of enemies?

Kaydin
Mar 20, 2007, 09:52 PM
Endless Nightmare would rock, but I'd prefer Towards The Future. PSU has many more bosses, so TTF would be freaking awesome.

-Rune-
Mar 20, 2007, 09:52 PM
I missed these as well, I was saying they should of had them since day one. But remember they weren't released until much later in PSO's life, so we may get them here as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kaydin
Mar 20, 2007, 09:54 PM
Oh, to answer the questions:

Endless Nightmare quests were just that, quests with insane enemy counts.
Towards The Future was a quest where you would fight all 4 Episode 1 bosses back to back, with only a few rooms of the level they were the boss of in between. Stage 1 -> Boss 1 -> Stage 2 -> Boss 2, etc.

Parn
Mar 20, 2007, 09:56 PM
On 2007-03-20 19:50, Rashiid wrote:
i dont get it, is it just an endless onslaught of enemies?
It's basically spawn after spawn of a higher-than-usual concentration of enemies in one big room.

Why are you so opposed, PJ? Are you also opposed to the incoming fire SEED missions projected weeks from now as well? After all, we already basically did that in PSO (see: Central Dome Fire Swirl)...

VanHalen
Mar 20, 2007, 09:58 PM
On 2007-03-20 19:54, Kadan wrote:

Towards The Future was a quest where you would fight all 4 Episode 1 bosses back to back, with only a few rooms of the level they were the boss of in between. Stage 1 -> Boss 1 -> Stage 2 -> Boss 2, etc.

I want towards the future! I want towards the future!

PJ
Mar 20, 2007, 10:00 PM
On 2007-03-20 19:56, Parn wrote:

Why are you so opposed, PJ? Are you also opposed to the incoming fire SEED missions projected weeks from now as well? After all, we already basically did that in PSO (see: Central Dome Fire Swirl)...

I'm opposed to the name. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

AND YES, I AM OPPOSED TO THE FIRE SEED MISSIONS, CAUSE THEY'RE FIRE >:C

Rashiid
Mar 20, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-03-20 19:58, VanHalen wrote:

Agreed!!

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 20, 2007, 10:01 PM
Hmm, I want TTF back as well... Time based, Monster Based, and survival based... >.>; Basically Bruce runs with out the death fail.

Heh... 2 different TTFs... ha, lets see...

posibly...

TTF version 1-
De Ragan-> Dimmagolus-> Adahna Degahna -> De Ragnus
Reward-> Purple Ring?, and the yadda-yadda rest of your reward...

TTF version 2-
Zoalgoug-> Onmagoug-> Magas Maggahna-> Dulk Fakis
Reward-> Black Ring?, and the yadda-yadda rest of your reward... Again...

Siertes
Mar 20, 2007, 10:04 PM
I never experienced Endless Nightmare. I only played PSO ver.1 for DC prior to PSU. No other PSOs exist to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That mission, however, looks interesting. I'm sure it would just turn into spam bait, though.

McLaughlin
Mar 20, 2007, 10:05 PM
On 2007-03-20 20:01, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-03-20 19:58, VanHalen wrote:

Agreed!!

That's the problem with TTF, and to a lesser extent, Respective Tomorrow.

VanHalen
Mar 20, 2007, 10:06 PM
On 2007-03-20 20:04, Siertes wrote:

That mission, however, looks interesting. I'm sure it would just turn into spam bait, though.

You made me cry cause now I just thought about it like that. *sighs and looks at how his friends in the Sealab having fun*

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 20, 2007, 10:53 PM
I hope they have an online version of that ice mission offline where you had to kill a certain amount of monsters in a set period of time, that would be so sweet.

Umberger
Mar 20, 2007, 11:02 PM
On 2007-03-20 20:53, Shiroryuu wrote:
I hope they have an online version of that ice mission offline where you had to kill a certain amount of monsters in a set period of time, that would be so sweet.

Absolute Zero? Popular belief is that the snow mountain lobby on Moatoob will feature a mission similar to that.

Alisha
Mar 20, 2007, 11:12 PM
that would own outside the barta spamming vandas and ice bill de vears.

Weeaboolits
Mar 20, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-03-20 21:02, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-03-20 20:53, Shiroryuu wrote:

Absolute Zero? Popular belief is that the snow mountain lobby on Moatoob will feature a mission similar to that.

Absolute Zero isn't available online? That was one of my favorite missions!
just you and 150 Ice SEED forms... ah, good times, good times...

Zer0_ConvoY
Mar 20, 2007, 11:31 PM
both sound cool but I'd say they'd need recharge cubes in each room of the endless nightmare

APEXi
Mar 20, 2007, 11:42 PM
lol, i was just talking about this in a party and then wham. its here in the forum.

TwilightSea
Mar 21, 2007, 12:13 AM
Man I so loved Endless Nightmare 4. It was the best quest to get massive amounts of XP in PSO. I doubt Sonic Team will bring it back but if they do, I'm concerned with the PP usage.

If they were to do EN series again they would have to put a PP cube at the start and middle of every block just so we can effectively use our PP.

But with a mission like that, they better give us a crap load of Meseta/MP for the mission reward.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwilightSea on 2007-03-20 22:14 ]</font>

TouchOfRed
Mar 21, 2007, 12:23 AM
On 2007-03-20 20:01, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
Hmm, I want TTF back as well... Time based, Monster Based, and survival based... >.>; Basically Bruce runs with out the death fail.

Heh... 2 different TTFs... ha, lets see...

posibly...

TTF version 1-
De Ragan-> Dimmagolus-> Adahna Degahna -> De Ragnus
Reward-> Purple Ring?, and the yadda-yadda rest of your reward...

TTF version 2-
Zoalgoug-> Onmagoug-> Magas Maggahna-> Dulk Fakis
Reward-> Black Ring?, and the yadda-yadda rest of your reward... Again...

who isn't up for a TTF that was the staple mission of pso and ya that would be sick to have something like that again(are you looking at this sega?) but one question how would you equip a ring would it be on the arm slot in the armor or like the old game where it was a shield and second off since every one always gets S(kool kids use scapes) wouldn't getting a ring be ridiculouly easy and i know these are all hypothetical but can you give me your best guess?

pikachief
Mar 21, 2007, 12:26 AM
(are you looking at this sega?)

of course not! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TouchOfRed
Mar 21, 2007, 12:27 AM
On 2007-03-20 22:26, pikachief wrote:

(are you looking at this sega?)

of course not! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

shucks....*walks away*

Spacepest
Mar 21, 2007, 03:22 AM
MMMmm, Endless Nightmare and Towards the Future.

My favorite Endless Nightmare was the one in the Ruins...the last room was hilarious, the floor of the room would be literally covered with the stains of monster blood once you finished the mission. (Wait a sec...I don't remember seeing any PSU monsters leaving behind bloodstains after I killed them...I feel cheated now.)

But yeah, I could see the issue of PP refills being problematic. Oh to hell with the costs, GIVE ME ENDLESS NIGHTMARE AND TTF!

Saphion
Mar 21, 2007, 04:38 AM
Endless Nightmare quests were ace. If they do return, they'd better chuck in the DISORIENTING CAMERA ANGLE as well.

It was so awesome, it needs capital letters.

Towards the Future would be awesome as well.

A2K
Mar 21, 2007, 11:12 AM
I could see something akin to Endless Nightmare being done, but.... nay to Towards the Future, Respective Tomorrow, or anything like that. All that quest ever was was a cheap and waaay too easy way to gain multiple boss EXP in the span of a few minutes. Plus they'd have to pull some nonsensical claptrap (VR or otherwise) out of Bruce's rear end to explain exactly why you were fighting these beasts all at once.

SaiSpagS
Mar 21, 2007, 11:23 AM
Oh yeah, what happened to the blood? I completely forgot that back in PSO days creatures left blood spills everywhere, now it's gone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

chibiLegolas
Mar 21, 2007, 12:20 PM
Oh wow. Endless nightmare....
That brings back memories....
Hell yea, we need something like that. Sure the PP cost would be insane, but think of it as another form of challenge in the game. We're so used to carry'n many weapons. Perhaps this mission would force us to pace out our PP more effectively and to force us to carry even our "not so great" weapons from our banks.

Remember those Challenge Modes from PSO? Remember how sometimes you had to let certain classes take turns sitting out of enemy battles so that you take turns charging your TP or HP depending on race? I'd imagine something similiar would happen here with PSU with us slowly charging our PP. And more emphasis on SE damage.

We need more varied C-Mode games! More switch/lazer puzzles! Remember taking damage if you hit the wrong ones? Bring them back! XD
They were a pain, but FUN! If anyone thought Bruce was bad, imagine if the Bruce boards had a boss in the end.
God I miss C-Mode....

RadiantLegend
Mar 21, 2007, 12:23 PM
There is still blood, it just disappears.

Esufer
Mar 21, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-03-20 19:45, Parn wrote:
For those unacquainted with what I am talking about and didn't play PSO, watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMK06eOK4eY).

PSU desperately needs quests like this.

hang on, who said this about 3 months ago?

Oh yeah, me.

whoops.

ThEoRy
Mar 24, 2007, 04:01 PM
remembers the hundreds of hours spent in the endless nightmare quests. ahh the floors were literally covered in filthy bio monster blood. now u know why my FoNewm wore those clog hoppin platform shoes.

DrewSeleski
Mar 24, 2007, 05:47 PM
pso parn was all big and beefy :(((((((

DonRoyale
Mar 24, 2007, 06:10 PM
If the boss EXP didn't suck, I'd love to see TTF.

But since the last room before bosses usually gives more EXP than the boss itself, I'd like EN better than TTF.

But I agree with Parn, PW would be a good idea as well. Moatoob PW1=Kog Nadds, anyone? OMG SECKS <3

Angelo
Mar 24, 2007, 08:43 PM
OMGZ HOW ABOUT TTF INSTED!!!!

Actually in all seriousness I think I would sh*t myself in glee if they just had TTF in PSU, same old bosses and maps as PSO but redone.

I'd freaking cry tears of nostalgic joy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-03-24 18:43 ]</font>

majan
Mar 25, 2007, 02:15 AM
Im pretty sure its the 6th story misison,not 100% sure which one exactly,but there is a part where you face 100 machines in a single room.exp goldmine for forces.

just gonna suck getting there doing all those dry obnoxious story mode misisons -.-

Finae
Mar 25, 2007, 03:21 AM
Endless nightmare from pso in psu? I remember thats how I got hildeblue and hildebear's head to make the cane in pso due to that lol. So what I'm saying is getting rare items would be better if Sega sets it up right lol. Heh, would love to have about 10-20 ordugus pop at the end of a relics EN and finding about 10 or so hard/power charges lol.

Nice pipe dream though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Ravennittes
Mar 25, 2007, 08:34 AM
I think the hardest TTF would be Dimmigalous, De Ragnus, Magas Maghanna, Dulk Fakis. Imagine that hell when they are all over lv 100 -.-'...

I'd like to do EN 'cause I never got the chance to.... always wanted to mow down masses of enemies. The only mission I can think of that might yeald an EN would be the yet-to-be-released ice fields (all ice monsters) on Moatoob. I'm talking about the one that had about 130-150 monsters that you had to kill in story mode. It was fun ^.^ .

NPCMook
Mar 25, 2007, 10:22 AM
How about instead of endless Nightmare they just make levels like Absolute Zero? now that was a fun mission http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SStrikerR
Mar 25, 2007, 10:31 AM
god i hated thaty mission, it took so long, een when spamming tornado dance WITH a fire based element

NPCMook
Mar 25, 2007, 10:33 AM
Then you'd Loathe endless nightmare http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif