PDA

View Full Version : fighgunner

DeathKrow
Mar 21, 2007, 02:07 AM
im planning on making a new character, im going FG.
ive been hearing alot of crap about Fighgunner so can someone tell me the pros and cons of this class?
thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Miyoko
Mar 21, 2007, 03:49 AM
Well, my friend whom is a fighgunner seems to think...

Pros: Weapon choices...
Cons: Crappy stats...

Weather that's true or not, I'm not really sure. I think he's just bitter that my fortegunner's equipping 9* melee weapons, and he can't even use 6* guns yet... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eleina
Mar 21, 2007, 06:00 AM
There is no £%$# (auto cnesor) cons to fighgunner all classes have there weaknesses and strenghs ppl just enjoy hating on some class. I dont mind fighgunners at all as long as they remember they are also gunners which implys traps and guns, and not just random rambos who spam the double saber

ShadowDragon28
Mar 21, 2007, 06:33 AM
oh gawds.. not again. Please make it stop, please.

Let there be no more arguements about, or bashing of Fighgunner class. *sigh*

omegapirate2k
Mar 21, 2007, 07:02 AM
I like the stats for the fighgunner, your not exactly a tank, but you don't have to be.

And we do have some pretty good weapon choices http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 21, 2007, 08:18 AM
The stats aren't so bad depending on what race you're gonna be. If you're gonna be either a Beast, or CAST, Fortefighter is alot stronger, but for Human, there isn't much of a difference, although they still have less HP and DFP than Fortefighter, but with the exception of HP, a Human Fighgunner level 10 is superior to a basic Hunter lv 10 in every stat.

Hyda
Mar 21, 2007, 09:20 AM
Every class has its pros and cons to it, be it weapons or stats. Theres nothing wrong with the class its just alot of people like to talk badly about it because they are aganist the double saber. Im a fighgunner and I have a double saber, but i dont use it all the time, and than theres some who are fighgunner who don't have a double saber at all but are just going for the other weps in the class. Best of luck to you should you decide to go fighgunner^^.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lenneth56 on 2007-03-21 07:21 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Mar 21, 2007, 09:31 AM
fighgunner is my favorite class in the game. i love being able to do decent melee damage and use twin handguns. their stats arent the best but the not the worst either. most fighgunners dont use traps and spam double sabers all the time. i use traps rather frequently and only use a double saber on big monsters and bosses.

omegapirate2k
Mar 21, 2007, 09:34 AM
Personally, I only use traps on missions with a big payout (Such as labs S2), but twin gunnies are my favourite ranged weapon now ^_^

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 21, 2007, 09:44 AM
For my human, if I make him a Fighgunner, I have him use crossbows and shoot them at point blank range against melee resistant monsters like tengohgs and jarbas since both bullets will hit. I also like to use burn traps, I much prefer G traps since normal ones usually blow up when I don't want them too. Other than that, I just melee against monsters that aren't melee resistant or resistant to both melee and bullets.

omegapirate2k
Mar 21, 2007, 09:47 AM
G traps also cost 500 a pop >_>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 21, 2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah, but if you do lab S2, it kinda pays off for that, and more bang for my buck. Normal traps only go after one, and sometimes, it might blow up on the wrong target, like one time, I used a normal trap, hoping it would blow up on a tengohg, but it was an okalla that got burned instead. ._.

amtalx
Mar 21, 2007, 10:02 AM
Fighgunners are fine; its the people that go berserk with tornado dance that ruin it for everyone.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 21, 2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah, my human doesn't even know Tornado Dance, heck, I don't even use double sabers that much. I like Fighgunner for its other weapon choices.

MontyNice
Mar 21, 2007, 10:08 AM
Im a fighgunner... and Im more of a gunner than a fighter.

I have all 7 of my twin handgun shots maxed out. And I go in to parties with 8 twin handguns and 2 Double Sabers (more specifically Nightwalkers). The double sabers are just in case theres a mess of Fortegunners and Techers in the party...

But ppl enjoy bashing Fighgunners cause there are few of them who dont kno how to use guns and just use Double Sabers like they cant use anything else....

Amalga
Mar 21, 2007, 10:20 AM
So what of a CAST Fighgunner? Is that anywhere near a good choice?

Mind you, I loathe Double Sabers. They were fine in Story Mode where I didn't have to pay attention to my party much, but I definitely know how annoying it is when someone goes berserk with it on an enemy you were trying to cast on/shoot/hit.

MontyNice
Mar 21, 2007, 10:25 AM
On 2007-03-21 08:20, Amalga wrote:
So what of a CAST Fighgunner? Is that anywhere near a good choice?

Mind you, I loathe Double Sabers. They were fine in Story Mode where I didn't have to pay attention to my party much, but I definitely know how annoying it is when someone goes berserk with it on an enemy you were trying to cast on/shoot/hit.

Thats only if they're using Tornado Dance or Spiral Dance. Cause Gravity Dance doesn't spread the enemies around. Thats what I only use now. Tornado is only good on large enemies..

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 21, 2007, 10:30 AM
I kind of think that CASTs are the best race for that class since they have the best balance of Hunter and Ranger. Humans just come really close, between a human male and a female CAST, the difference is only like 10 ATP, and with both males, like less than 40. Of course, CASTs still have better DFP, ATA, HP(which aren't too big of gaps either) and SUVs while humans have better EVP(blocking is good sometimes), MST.

amtalx
Mar 21, 2007, 10:42 AM
Cast is a good choice. The only downside is you will get punished by spells for your low MST but the duck and weave method should get you through most of that.

Cz
Mar 21, 2007, 01:17 PM
not like there is anything wrong with FG class...just that there are so many of them going around. I got my beast to rank 10 for FG and so far i enjoy playing FG class cause it is fun. The double sabers are very good against mulitple enemies and the dual pistol helps deal good damage from a distance. The only problem i think with that class is that u dont get pp deduction and cant equip axe. I switch between fortefighter and fighgunner, so there are plenty of fun to use the weapons. I enjoy both classes. You can try out fortefighter as well once u hit rank 10 for FG cause both are great classes.

Finalzone
Mar 21, 2007, 02:34 PM
I am one of very few Fighgunner who don't use Double Saber. I use traps against big monsters like Jarba, infect small. Good fighgunner learns to grind their weapons and use mobility in the field.

Amalga
Mar 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
So, here's an odd question. Once I meet the requirements for Fighgunner (Lv5 Hunter, Lv3 Ranger) and switch to that type... do the consisting classes (Hunter/Ranger) level up with the Fighgunner, or do they pretty much just lay there?

What I'm asking, basically, is if the Hunter and Ranger levels go up as the Fighgunner level goes up.

Also, do the prerequisite levels affect the combo levels at all? Say, if I were to switch to a Wartecher with a Lv10 Hunter and Lv10 Force, would that make the Wartecher a tad stronger than if I were to just switch after reaching the minimum?

Or are they all independent of each other?

Witchblade56
Mar 21, 2007, 02:51 PM
They all level indpendently of each other i.e. you need to be on ranger when you do missions for points etc.

I personally prefer the G traps over the "standard" traps. Confusion being my favorite. It doesnt proc very well on the larger enemies like juznagun/dilnazens. Burn G does however.

I personally like single saber combod with a mech gun versus double sabering it. Single saber knockback/down [on non vil debear mobs] is great.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 21, 2007, 02:53 PM
No, Hunter and Ranger levels just stay there if the Fighgunner levels up, and vice versa. Leveling up the Hunter and Ranger won't do anything to your Fighgunner, if you do, your Fighgunner will stay at that level and keep the same stats it has because it is a completley different class.

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 02:53 PM
On 2007-03-21 12:41, Amalga wrote:
So, here's an odd question. Once I meet the requirements for Fighgunner (Lv5 Hunter, Lv3 Ranger) and switch to that type... do the consisting classes (Hunter/Ranger) level up with the Fighgunner, or do they pretty much just lay there?

What I'm asking, basically, is if the Hunter and Ranger levels go up as the Fighgunner level goes up.

Nope. To level Hunter and Ranger you would have to switch to that class.

On 2007-03-21 12:41, Amalga wrote:
Also, do the prerequisite levels affect the combo levels at all? Say, if I were to switch to a Wartecher with a Lv10 Hunter and Lv10 Force, would that make the Wartecher a tad stronger than if I were to just switch after reaching the minimum?

Nope again. It doesn't matter what levels your Hunter and Force are, your Wartecher stats will be the same.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Mar 21, 2007, 02:56 PM
Ignoring every post in the thread but the question, I think Fighgunner is a really good class. They get good S-ranks (which isn't really a concern for now I guess, but will be), they have good ATP/DFP (outshined by fF of course) good Evasion and ATA, and they can use dualies and crossbows, and can still use the good melee weapons

All this coming from a Fighgunner btw

Witchblade56
Mar 21, 2007, 03:24 PM
I have to agree with the above poster. We get to use traps/guns/greatswords/dual wielded sabers and double sabers. This is why i like it above the other classes.

I defintely play the others but as of yet figh is my favorite.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2007-03-21 13:26 ]</font>

majan
Mar 21, 2007, 04:21 PM
it was a serious tear between this and fortefighter for me regarding my cast,but fighgunner really is a fortefighter with a slightly different melee weapon selection,and a much wider gun selection.(gun selection really isnt very good though)

the stats ATP HP and DFP take a hit,but ATA is better,and any beast fF's out there can testify that their ata sucks,so a beast fighgunner sort of compensates for the lack of accuracy,and a cast FG would be even better,whic is what I chose.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
the main con I see in FG is the lack of axes,and the main con in fF's is the lack of doublesabers,so in the end,I would probably be smart in saying that weapon choice is the main thing in this one.fighgunners stats atp dfp and hp really arent that bad at all compared to fF's.in fact its rather good,its just fF's are really fuckin awesome.

its a good class.youll have to wait a while to equip the doublesabers(high atp req>>) but its enjoyable to play.plus you get S rank twin sabers.SPLENDOR CRUSH!

Shishi-O
Jul 11, 2007, 10:07 AM
On 2007-03-21 07:31, -Crokar- wrote:
fighgunner is my favorite class in the game. i love being able to do decent melee damage and use twin handguns. their stats arent the best but the not the worst either. most fighgunners dont use traps and spam double sabers all the time. i use traps rather frequently and only use a double saber on big monsters and bosses.

....hmmmn, i don't know 'bout others but i spam the hell out of my 44% nightwalkers,...'cuz they incinerate all who stand before me.

put sweet death to shame( literally!)

and are the funnest weapons ever.

fred currently is using a HPC and i only use normal combos on normal creature.

saving all pp for jarbas and govarhas...ultra fun XD XD XD XD