PDA

View Full Version : fg shotgun or machinegun?

jayster
Mar 21, 2007, 01:22 PM
Fighgunners, would u rather have a shotgun or machine gun? Personally I would trade my machine gun or a shot gun in a heart beat.

Poignantswine
Mar 21, 2007, 01:29 PM
I'm no Fighgunner, but I prefer the shotgun by far.

Cz
Mar 21, 2007, 01:29 PM
how about going with bow?...u cant use shotgun anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Zorafim
Mar 21, 2007, 01:30 PM
Mech guns seem useful for fighgunners, since they give a huge burst of damage and can recharge while you whale on things with your main hand weapon. At least useful against things resistant to melee.

amtalx
Mar 21, 2007, 01:32 PM
Im not a fighgunner either but if I were, I would say shotgun. Shotguns are vicious when used properly. Ive also notices that the percentage of fortegunners using shotguns has gone way up. Very happy about that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 21, 2007, 01:44 PM
I prefer mechgun. As a fighgunner, most damage is dealt through melee. Shotgun is a heavy gun which is very inappropriate for the class. The one handed ranged are perfect for a Fighgunner, and should stay that way. If you want a shotgun and melee, go play PT or something

THE JACKEL

jayster
Mar 21, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-03-21 11:29, BunnyGirl wrote:
how about going with bow?...u cant use shotgun anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

yes i know that but I meen if you could have shotgun instead of machine gun.

Tiyr
Mar 21, 2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, and while we're at it, why not give us rods and rifles and axes?

Of course shotguns would be better than mechguns. So would a lot of things, and there're reasons we don't get them.

jayster
Mar 21, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-03-21 13:31, Tiyr wrote:
Yeah, and while we're at it, why not give us rods and rifles and axes?

Of course shotguns would be better than mechguns. So would a lot of things, and there're reasons we don't get them.

really? So hitting shooting 4 shots for maybe 140 each at a slower fire rate is better than shooting a machine gun hitting 200 each with about 6 or 7 hits in the amount of time you pump 1 shotgun shot ?

I only want the shotgun because it's more fun.

majan
Mar 21, 2007, 04:12 PM
machine gun:for 2 reasons

mayalee fury=the bane of large enemies

saber-gravity strike-a good combo to pair with it.if you wanna get fancy,throw a single claw on the other hand and light shit up with the first photon art(wtf damage!)

machinegun is also rather useful in status effecting

shotguns are lame IMO,you know,something just turns me off about sitting there and shooting things from a remote place in the room.

twin handguns are better than both of them in terms of damage,fun,and probably status effecting too.machinegun/saber/claw has slightly different uses though as you can switch from mele ranged real easily,so its up to the player in that case.

S rank handguns owuld be nice htough >>

APEXi
Mar 21, 2007, 04:14 PM
i'll take the laser cannon, axe, and a bow. oh wait, thats protranser

Rashiid
Mar 21, 2007, 04:53 PM
0.o i cant drop mah mech gun!!

if we had Lv 30 bullets, then yeah id trade, but having experienced a fortegunner, Lv 21+ shotgun, 5 bullets, i cant go w/ anything else. so, mechgun ftw!

ashley50
Mar 21, 2007, 05:14 PM
am the only Fighgunner that doesn't use a mechgun? ...I guess I take that as a yes...>.>
reasons i don't use mechguns (IMO mechgun is useless)I';; stisck to handguns/Dual handguns tyvm
-weak
-eats PP too fast
-Short range

even my Main PC Fortegunner doesn't use a mechgun...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2007-03-21 15:16 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 21, 2007, 05:17 PM
well mechguns are good against enemies that are more stationary, like Jarbas, since it keeps plummeling them for about 250 every .5 seconds.

the percent is high on them when u lvl them (elemental wise)

CelestialBlade
Mar 21, 2007, 05:45 PM
Machineguns by far, I say. Those things get pretty ridiculous at high Bullet levels and with a good gun. Plus the free right hand, like others have mentioned.

Shotguns on the other hand....in my experience, their usefulness tends to drop off a lot once you're capable of using A-rank equipment. My shotgun just can't keep up with anything else I've got on my Guntecher.

Now if Fighgunners got Crossbows this debate would be over long ago, but I think it's no contest between Machineguns and Shotguns.

Tiyr
Mar 21, 2007, 05:49 PM
On 2007-03-21 15:45, Typheros wrote:

Now if Fighgunners got Crossbows this debate would be over long ago, but I think it's no contest between Machineguns and Shotguns.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, because we do get crossbows.

CelestialBlade
Mar 21, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-03-21 15:49, Tiyr wrote:

On 2007-03-21 15:45, Typheros wrote:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, because we do get crossbows.

Hah, wow, dumbass award goes to me. Coulda sworn they didn't, but in that case....um go crossbow.

Amalga
Mar 22, 2007, 08:35 PM
You know what I use Shotguns for?

... when there are multiple item boxes around.

Miyoko
Mar 22, 2007, 09:05 PM
know what I use shotguns for?

... Dealing 750 damage per shot. (Lv48)